Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That is, again, your opinion.

At the very least, what we can judge is whether the person has the spirit of truth or the spirit of error (1 John 4:6).

I think it to be true that if someone has the spirit of error, they are not currently born again.

While even those who have not yet been born again may have good things in their hearts (1 Corinthians 4:5, Isaiah 57:12).
As you do have your opinion.
My opinion is based on scriptures. For I read in scriptures that God give each Christian different gifts, as He so see wise and as He so wills. And Paul exhorts christians to use then to edify the church and bring the gospel to people, more than anything else. There will be a time for judgment, but now is not the time.

Yes, one who has the gift of discerning spirits can tell between spirit of truth and spirit of error. It is spirit that is discerned.

Well, we can think and do what we want, can’t we? We are free. We’ll just have to remember, let us not do unto others what we won’t want others to do unto us.

Read the entire post (Hebrews 10:26-31).

I have the right attitude for one who has been perfected: that I believe that I have room to grow.

Whether I really have room to grow or not is for the Lord to judge. I consider that I have room to grow; and because I have this attitude, I am a candidate for the office of being one who has been perfected.

God only knows.

See 1 Corinthians 4:4.
Well you can judge yourself as you please and think of yourself like so. That’s you. That’s your attitude and that’s how you look at yourself.

I like the attitude of Paul.

1 Corinthians 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.

Tong
R1718

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did a pretty good job of keeping those 613 commandments ( please don’t mention those “ Sins Of Omission, though...Gulp! )...

Just thought I would mention this...while we cannot succeed at being perfectly obedient to the letter of the law (Galatians 6:13), we can walk in such a way that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4) so that we have been obedient to the spirit of the law (Romans 7:6).

It is a matter of walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

If we bear the fruit of the Spirit, there is no law that will condemn our behaviour as unrighteous (Galatians 5:22-23).

There is indeed a righteousness of God apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21) that it is righteousness indeed.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..I was “ Lucky” enough to Repent of ALL of my Sins before I kicked the Bucket ,

Indeed...

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

and I NEVER committed any “ Willful” Sins

That is what the passage that is being discussed by us in this thread speaks of...

Heb 10:26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30, For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, who sounds more like Cain and who sounds the most like Abel?

12Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did Cain slay him? Because his own deeds were evil, while those of his brother were righteous. 1 John 3:12

7Little children, let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. 8The one who practices sin is of the devil... 1 John 3:7-8
Works DO matter. They show whether you are really saved or not, just as the righteous deeds of Abel distinguished him from his evil brother Cain.

The only “ Righteous Deed “ That Abel performed was following God’s orders.....which were to offer Him the Shed Blood Of an Innocent. I recommend that you do the same......

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only “ Righteous Deed “ That Abel performed was following God’s orders.....which were to offer Him the Shed Blood Of an Innocent. I recommend that you do the same......
Jesus paid the price for your sins.

But if you do not give Him your sins in exchange for that price, no transaction has been made; you are still in your sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks again, for proving my point....
What, exactly, was your point?

That the Bible is dangerous to those who are unrighteous?

I think that I would have to agree with you there...

After all, it is written,

2Pe 3:15, And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16, As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17, Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yes, who sounds more like Cain and who sounds the most like Abel?

12Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did Cain slay him? Because his own deeds were evil, while those of his brother were righteous. 1 John 3:12

7Little children, let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. 8The one who practices sin is of the devil... 1 John 3:7-8
Works DO matter. They show whether you are really saved or not, just as the righteous deeds of Abel distinguished him from his evil brother Cain.
Yes works do matter. And why they matter depends on each person. Like as for you, they matter because for you, they show whether you are saved or not. And that is not at all wrong. For it gives you comfort. I would guess that you do good works to show yourself that you are saved.

Others have it differently. While they do good works, they don’t really find nor look to find true comfort in them. For their true comfort is in the Lord, in His promises, in His words, in His person. It is through faith that true comfort comes to them. They consider and see good works and the working of it as the work of God through them. And for that, they are grateful and blessed each and every time the Lord works through them.

And still others have it differently.

Tong
R1719

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Read it with common sense.
I read it in the spirit. Common sense is not the way to go. That sense is common to man, believer or unbeliever. When an unbeliever read scriptures, he read with common sense. That’s why he understand according to that and if not at all times, he most of the time, don’t get the message of what he reads.

I am guessing, did you do the works of Jesus?Did you do greater works than Jesus?

Tong
R1720

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Not for the righteous.

Mic 2:7, O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the LORD straitened? are these his doings? do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?
Not for those who have the Holy Spirit.

Tong
R1721

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Jesus paid the price for your sins.

But if you do not give Him your sins in exchange for that price, no transaction has been made; you are still in your sins.
It seems to me that God would be thankful to you that you did that. Or would you thank God that you did that?

Tong
R1722

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that God would be thankful to you that you did that. Or would you thank God that you did that?

Tong
R1722
I would thank God that I did that.

Most certainly, God is not benefited by the fact that He has taken my sins upon Himself. I am benefited by that.

He died because of it.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I would thank God that I did that.

Most certainly, God is not benefited by the fact that He has taken my sins upon Himself. I am benefited by that.

He died because of it.
Why would you be who should thank God and not Him thanking you for what you did?

If you chose not doing it, will God thank you that you have not let him take up your sins so that he would not have to suffer?

Tong
R1725

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Obviously...those who have the Holy Spirit are counted righteous by the Lord.
Those who have the Holy Spirit were those He justified.

There are people mentioned in scriptures who are said to be righteous men but does not have the Holy Spirit.

Tong
R1726

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've not yet understood the Grace of God.
You teach it as works.
So, you have no qualification to be trying to teach anyone, when you have not even yet understood the most basic fundamental of the Faith.
No, I do not teach the grace of God as works. Justification by grace is exactly opposite and diametrically opposed to justification by works of merit. Works of the law can not earn justification-because 1) you can not keep the law faithfully, and 2) it can not forgive all sin, and 3) it does not impart righteousness.

The only way to receive a declaration of righteousness is to have your sin guilt removed from your account through forgiveness and have the righteousness of God imputed to your account. Only the blood of Christ is able to do that (the blood of animals can not do that). And you receive the blood of Christ by believing and trusting in God for it to do what God said it will do.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've not yet understood the Grace of God.
Here let me prove it to you.

Explain why the blood of Jesus that Saved you, always keeps you saved.....
Because the ministry and sacrifice of Christ continues forever and never ends and so it is always interceding on behalf of the believer clinging to it in faith.....

23 The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing; 24 Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently. 25Therefore He is also able to save forever those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:23-25

.....no matter what.
It's not 'no matter what'. It's 'as long as you hold unswervingly to the hope you profess'......

21 ...since we have a great priest over the house of God...
23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:21-23

6 ...Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory. Hebrews 3:6

14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. Hebrews 3:14
Some people look at these and say the true believer will always believe and so will always have the benefit of Christ's finished but ongoing ministry and sacrifice, therefore, they can't lose salvation. Some say the true believer can fall away into unbelief and so will not always have the benefit of Christ's ministry and sacrifice, therefore, they can lose salvation. But neither of these arguments change the simple fact that you have to hold unswervingly to the promise to be saved.

Whether or not you have to continue to believe is not up for debate in any way shape or form. And so our bickering over whether OSAS is true or not is meaningless. The truth that is important is that you keep believing in the finished but ongoing ministry of Christ. This is crystal clear in the verses I posted above. Whether you're automatically going to do that, or have to choose to do that does not change this truth. Let's keep the focus on what matters. Look at the heretical grace abusing doctrines that have risen up because we got our eyes off that essential truth.

Last edited: