Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Obviously, a man who is sealed by the Holy Spirit has an everlasting faith.
Praise and Glory be to God!

Ephesians 1:13
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Tong
R1801

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The brother sinned against me. I told him his sin, he refused to admit it. I got two witnesses, still he don’t admit it. I brought the matter to the church but still the same. And as he don’t want to admit his sin, Jesus said that I let him be LIKE a heathen and a tax collector to me. And I’ll obey what Jesus said. Why do you insist that I consider him to be a pagan when Jesus only said to treat him like a pagan? What’s with you? Do you want me now to follow you instead of Jesus? Please stop this nonsense.

Tong
R1800
What's the harm in considering them to be a pagan? They have to come to repentance whether they really are or not. I see zero advantage in holding them up to be a true believer. It has zero practical advantage. Just do what John said to do. You and the church are safer that way. But I guess it doesn't matter at this point. The church has already been ruined by unbelievers being allowed to be in the church.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What's the harm in considering them to be a pagan? They have to come to repentance whether they really are or not. I see zero advantage in holding them up to be a true believer. It has zero practical advantage. Just do what John said to do. You and the church are safer that way. But I guess it doesn't matter at this point. The church has already been ruined by unbelievers being allowed to be in the church.
Do that if you like. I’ll stick with Jesus.

Tong
R1803

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of course, the blood of Jesus produces a practical holiness .

The blood of Jesus does not produce a "practical" holiness.
Instead it produces justification and forgiveness that allows GOD to then give the person "the Gift of Righteousness".

See, the Blood takes care of ALL the SIN, and then GOD give this SINLESS person, made so, by the BLOOD ATONEMENT, "the righteousness of God IN Christ"...that is a permanent "SONSHIP" and "ETERNAL LIFE".

That is not just practical, that is ETERNALLY LITERAL.
That's what it means to be BORN AGAIN, and NO WATER is involved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead it produces justification and forgiveness that allows GOD to then give the person "the Gift of Righteousness".

See, the Blood takes care of ALL the SIN, and then GOD give this SINLESS person, made so, by the BLOOD ATONEMENT, "the righteousness of God IN Christ"...that is a permanent "SONSHIP" and "ETERNAL LIFE".

That is not just practical, that is ETERNALLY LITERAL.
That's what it means to be BORN AGAIN, and NO WATER is involved.
The gift of righteousness is practical (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

And the Bible is clear (in John 3:5) that to be born again is to be born of water and the Spirit.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thinking represents everything that is wrong with the church today. Today, 'righteousness' is only a legal notation on your account in heaven. If your legal status as 'righteous' does not wash in how you live then you do not have the legal declaration of righteousness that you think you have.

Reactions: Jim B

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thinking represents everything that is wrong with the church today. Today, 'righteousness' is only a legal notation on your account in heaven. If your legal status as 'righteous' does not wash in how you live then you do not have the legal declaration of righteousness that you think you have.
Yes, 1 John 3:7.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, justification, "to be declared righteous" can only mean, "to be made righteous".

For, it is impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2).

Therefore in declaring the ungodly person righteous (Romans 4:5) He can only be calling those things which be not as though they are (Romans 4:17), thus creating a new, practical, reality (found in Romans 5:19).

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course all BELIEVING people will never come under condemnation. Only UNBELIEVING people are condemned. I've never heard anyone say otherwise.

People say “ otherwise” in here all the time....YOU especially!

Commit a “ Willful Sin”...... go to Hell
Lack “ Lucky Repentance”... go to Hell

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
]And you can tell for sure if you're believing by if you have the changed life of a new creation in Christ. Just as surely as you can tell you're not believing by if you don't have that changed life.[/QUOTE]

Well, there’s “ Your way” and there’s the Bible Way.....Paul gave a “ Test” That Anybody can take to if you are “ in the Faith”, thereby Saved.....

It goes like this——If you have the Holy Spirit in you, you are Saved. If you can sincerely say “ Jesus is Lord” , that is the Proof that you “HAVE” that Spirit in you....It ain’t complicated....plus, it’s Biblical....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can sincerely say “ Jesus is Lord” , that is the Proof that you “HAVE” that Spirit in you...
Actually, you must say "Jesus is the Lord" (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv)) and you must be able to say that in light of Ephesians 4:5, Matthew 11:25, and Luke 10:21. And in light of Matthew 7:21 and Luke 6:46.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People say “ otherwise” in Bear all the time....YOU especially!

Commit a “ Willful Sin”...... go to Hell
Lack “ Lucky Repentance”... go to Hell
You don't like that, do you?

You abhor it to the extent that you do what it says would be done by many in the last days:

2Ti 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold, you are not only self-deceived in the fact that you deny indwelling sin; but you are self-deceived in this doctrine also.

If someone falls away from faith, they do not continue to have salvation. That is heresy.

It should be clear in Ephesians 2:8-9 and in Romans 5:1-2 that we are saved by grace through faith and that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

Therefore, we are saved by grace; and we have access to grace by faith.

Take away faith, and there is no more access to grace.

Since salvation is by grace, if there is no grace, there is no salvation.

And since, if there is no faith, there is no grace, I conclude that if there is no more faith there is also no more salvation.

A very simple deduction, really.

Wow ....the KING Of “ Lucky Repentance” Giving lectures on Grace .....how strange.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, a man who is sealed by the Holy Spirit has an everlasting faith.

But there is a faith that is nominal, lukewarm, or shallow, that will fall away when temptation or persecution or tribulation comes (Matthew 13:21, Luke 8:13).

Such people do not continue to have salvation when they fall away.

To teach otherwise is heresy.

“ If we are faithless, God REMAINS FAITHFUL.....He can not deny Himself....”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't like that, do you?

You abhor it to the extent that you do what it says would be done by many in the last days:

What your good buddy , BB “ likes” or dislikes is of no consequence.....God does not like Lies....it is a Lie to say that Works aren’t preached in here , as Mr.Buller claimed...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, the verse just before that says that if we deny Him, He also will deny us...

But I assume by your quoting of this statement in scripture that you believe that if someone believes for a while and then falls away when temptation, persecution, or tribulation comes (Matthew 13:21, Luke 8:13), that they continue to have salvation...

This is obviously a heretical view; even an unscriptural one:

Of course, the verse just before that says that if we deny Him, He also will deny us...

But I assume by your quoting of this statement in scripture that you believe that if someone believes for a while and then falls away when temptation, persecution, or tribulation comes (Matthew 13:21, Luke 8:13), that they continue to have salvation...

This is obviously a heretical view; even an unscriptural one:

If someone falls away from faith, they do not continue to have salvation. That is heresy.

It should be clear in Ephesians 2:8-9 and in Romans 5:1-2 that we are saved by grace through faith and that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

Therefore, we are saved by grace; and we have access to grace by faith.

Take away faith, and there is no more access to grace.

Since salvation is by grace, if there is no grace, there is no salvation.

And since, if there is no faith, there is no access to grace, I conclude that if there is no more faith there is also no more access to salvation.

A very simple deduction, really.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
having itching ears

Simply Believing that “Good News” is actually Good News is not having “ itchy ears” satisfied.....if you have “ itchy ears” it means you are hearing what the Flesh WANTS to hear.....Essentially , “Jesus needs a Co-Savior—- ME! Jesus did HIS Part....now I must do MINE!” ( Repent from all sins before I die and never commit a willful sin )

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What your good buddy , BB “ likes” or dislikes is of no consequence.....God does not like Lies....it is a Lie to say that Works aren’t preached in here , as Mr.Buller claimed...
It should be clear that @Ferris Bueller is not preaching salvation by works.

That he is preaching works as a means to have assurance of salvation is also clear.