Hell Center of the Earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely in the spiritual realm. I just don't think I can conclude that part of Sheol is the center of the earth. Interesting though!!!
Yes....there is a place called the abyss.....and the demons asked Jesus not to cast them into the abyss....so Jesus cast them into a herd of swine.
Abyss (religion) - Google Search

Dictionary:
a·byss
/əˈbis/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a deep or seemingly bottomless chasm.
    "a rope led down into the dark abyss"

bottomless pit
    • a wide or profound difference between people; a gulf.
      "the abyss between the two nations"
    • the regions of hell conceived of as a bottomless pit.
      "Satan's dark abyss"

Last edited:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mayflower.

My opinion of where Hell is located may sound extremely radical to those that aren't ready to receive the information. I'm not sure where you are in your journey, but never the less, I'm going to lay it out for you using Scripture...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth"

Two things to consider in the above verse...

#1) I Was Made/Curiously Wrought
This is speaking of a Baby developing in the Womb.

#2) Lowest Parts of the Earth
This is speaking of Hell.

I see your Avatar shows a picture of a Woman and Baby. If that is you as the Mother, then the information I have just provided may have left you with some questions.

Let me know if you would like me to continue.

Meanwhile, here is an illustration I made to add emphasis to the verse...

full

Reactions: Mayflower

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep doing your research, but be wary, be wise, in Christ Jesus.
Ask the Father HIMSELF FOR WISDOM, because man's ideas and myths and fables are all too common - much more common than truth, by over 1000 to one on earth.
Sooooo, if you have 10 people who ponder this question and "pray for wisdom" - and ALL 10 of them come to different conclusions - WHO is right?

Christ left His Church to make final judgments on matters such as this - not individuals (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).
He is not the author of confusion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church I like to visit, not my home church, mentioned on Easter that Hell was in the center of the earth. I started skimming online and see where that comes from, and I believe Hell is a literal place. It is weird for me to think the center of the earth is Hell though. No offense to any who believe this way. I just never heard of it before. Anyone believe this way? What are your main arguments for this/against this? I never heard of anything like that. If I did, I dismissed the idea without thinking about it.
The following I posted on another forum in 2011 and it covers briefly my answer to your question:

Jesus had already come way down from the glory that He had with His Father before the natural birth to a very corruptible body in Bethlehem. He had come down to the place where the dead dwelt, the realm of the natural man: hell. Everyone here who has not been born again or born from above [John 3:3] is blind to the things of God and remains "dead". As Jesus put it:

"... Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

In the eyes of God and therefore of Jesus, anyone who could see none of the Truth of God was effectively dead! Jesus came down to this death, Himself, but being able to see and using what he had, He overcame everything that stood between Him and His place with His Father. This included His corruptible body. He also made it possible for those who had already sinned and earned the death that they were in to have Life as well:

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:

And then today, probably many reading this will not understand or agree, but nonetheless I add yet a little more to my earlier writing.

The "earth" is what we are, a little bit of dirt/clay/mud molded by God and into which He breathed Life, as we read in Genesis. Then man disobeyed God and lost Life for him and all of his offspring. He finds himself from that point on in hell or finds hell in himself. But... be of good cheer, Jesus overcame the world of hell [John 16:33] so then God through Jesus and the Holy Spirit made it possible for us to do the same. The source of evil is where? The suffering is where?

"And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man." Mark 7:18-23

But then Jesus came to bring Life to man again. Jesus was always even then while in hell with us also was in heaven, 1st heaven at least... Here the scripture speaks of the heavens [3]:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13

Once we have really received Life, we need not ever be anyplace away from heaven again, but we, like the natural Israelites of old, go back into hell repeatedly, the place of death from which Jesus brought us out. How does a person descend from heaven to hell? Jesus descended on purpose to fulfill the Father's will but even Jesus asked to be relieved of that if it were possible within God's will. Down to hell he went into corruptible flesh the covering of a man in hell.

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Jesus did not want to remain in hell and did not want to suffer as he did, but because it was his Father's will, he did.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes....there is a place called the abyss.....and the demons asked Jesus not to cast them into the abyss....so Jesus cast them into a herd of swine.
Abyss (religion) - Google Search

Dictionary:
a·byss
/əˈbis/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a deep or seemingly bottomless chasm.
    "a rope led down into the dark abyss"

bottomless pit
    • a wide or profound difference between people; a gulf.
      "the abyss between the two nations"
    • the regions of hell conceived of as a bottomless pit.
      "Satan's dark abyss"

The "bottomless pit" part is why I would rule the center of the earth out. I imagine just falling in darkness and fire with no stability whatsoever.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Written, He never saw decay/corruption.

Psalm 139:8-12 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. [9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; [10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. [11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. [12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

“Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” In the uttermost parts of the sea ...
Proverbs 6:22-23 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. [23] For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

“As Written, He never saw decay/corruption.” Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.(decay and corruption.)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oops... misprint or did I miss something?

As Written, He never saw decay/corruption.

I see that Jesus walked planet Earth as a man, a man never corrupted, but who definitely was corruptible. I see temptation as the means by which a man may be corrupted. If Jesus had yielded to any temptation then the resulting sine would have been his corruption. He never yielded to those temptations, but they were definitely there:

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

In their beginning as men of flesh both Adam and Jesus were uncorrupted but corruptible. Adam failed by disobeying God and was thereby corrupted and apparently died in his corruption. Jesus on the hand did not fail and remained always uncorrupted.

When Jesus had overcome the world of the temptations assailing him, the final one being done, I believe, in Gethsemene [Matt 26:39], he then walked on to the cross as an overcomer and lay himself down allowing them to kill his body.

Jesus did not overcome sin in himself because he had none. He overcame that which was in his little world of flesh as it is in ours, temptation:

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life are not sin, but when followed they always lead us to sin. Jesus would not follow, but rather overcame them... and so must we. God made it possible by the sacrifice of Jesus and the power of the Holy Ghost possible for each of us to do the same thing within our little world... our little hell... our little place of death. When we have repented the sin is gone, but overcoming those three temptations of the flesh as per I John 2:16 remain to be done so that we like Jesus will no long be "IN" this world of temptation:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world," John 17:11

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "bottomless pit" part is why I would rule the center of the earth out. I imagine just falling in darkness and fire with no stability whatsoever.

"Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:14

Why do we suppose that that ditch has a bottom? Just following the devilish or a dead leader, or a misguided leader... instead of following Jesus will take us also to that ditch. If we do it in ignorance, we may have a way out of there, but if we do against what we know the Holy Ghost in us is telling us, is there forgiveness? Is it not then bottomless?

"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." Matt 12:31

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool.
Any Scripture that supports that ?
Might have to seek His Wisdom on that....some things are hidden.....some are mysteries until an appointed time.
Let's do scripture challenge....provide your scripture that states where hell is....and I will share my scripture on why I believe it is spiritual.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Might have to seek His Wisdom on that....some things are hidden.....some are mysteries until an appointed time.
Let's do scripture challenge....provide your scripture that states where hell is....and I will share my scripture on why I believe it is spiritual.
It would have to be spiritual. Everything physical turns into molten lava.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Earth is going be made new as a beautiful creation for God's chosen.... is it going to have a place called "Hell" in its center? Or was the Bible just kidding around about a new Earth?

:)
Oh, perhaps it will be seen soon at theaters near you ?

(or reruns?)

:)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Earth is going be made new as a beautiful creation for God's chosen.... is it going to have a place called "Hell" in its center? Or was the Bible just kidding around about a new Earth?
Next time around there will be proof that the universe is just a cube. The New Jerusalem will be a cube within a cube.

The center will be in the center of New Jerusalem.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can this be narrowed down - ?
If so, then
specifically which occurrence in English translations of the English word hell ? (one at a time?) (as in the original , it may be very very different in different places)

Last edited: