Hell Center of the Earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what about those who know it is wrong and and struggle stopping the sin. Just haven't been able to fight off the temptation fully and die to the flesh. Would you still say that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Because from what I understand, it sounds like a final bottomless pit to me in talking about that concept.
Blasphemy against Holy Spirit requires that a person know exactly what he is doing and knows that is wrong in the eyes God and has the power of the Holy Spirit available to Not do it, but goes ahead and does it anyway. It is an intentional sin done when the power of the Holy Spirit could have been invoked to stop it. It would be I think a very rare occurrence.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2+2 never equalled 5 nor will it ever Mayflower. If the assumed premise is incorrect so will all the subsequent conclusions be.

Death is the end result of sustained rebellion against God....It's the end of the line. God stated this plainly right at the beginning to Adam.
If we believed that, all the fanciful ideas spawned from doubting God's statement 'you shall surely die' or reinterpreting it would not exist. We wouldn't need to mix and match with heathen ideas of the afterlife nor spend time wasting our precious mental resources on fables.

Deep thinking is just part of who I am. I believe God made deep thinkers, because this is how new ideas and creations are formed. It also gets me into trouble. So something like thinking about where Heaven and Hell may be is better then trying to unravel in my mind what is going on right now in the world like with the coronavirus. I have to think about a lot of things at once in bits and pieces...then usually a lot of lightbulbs come off at once. If any of that made sense. But I learn best this way. And honestly fear less and depend on God more this way.

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wants that we are sharp and clear and unambiguous in our understanding of the realities of life/existence. He wants us to search these matters out and not settle for slops.
If the directional pointers aren't clear we walk a path of guess work; not what God had in mind for us.

I disagree. God is Omniscient. We are not. I may like to learn what others believe. But not everything that is able to be known needs to be known. Id rather know the people behind the beliefs, so I can better minister to them in that way.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blasphemy against Holy Spirit requires that a person know exactly what he is doing and knows that is wrong in the eyes God and has the power of the Holy Spirit available to Not do it, but goes ahead and does it anyway. It is an intentional sin done when the power of the Holy Spirit could have been invoked to stop it. It would be I think a very rare occurrence.

Ive had a couple times Ive questioned if Ive done this. Almost possessed in a way. Evil and wrong. Just things I thought and said that I could have stopped. Things I feel guilty about.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FINALLY caught up. :D I might respond tomorrow to some things. But it is like reading a good book. And everyone has been pretty pleasant. Thanks for that.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive had a couple times Ive questioned if Ive done this. Almost possessed in a way. Evil and wrong. Just things I thought and said that I could have stopped. Things I feel guilty about.
Consider how many times the children of Israel blatantly went against God with their murmuring and complaining before He finally put an end to them cutting them off from entrance into the Promised Land:

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:" Num 14:22-23

Have you witnessed all of the miracles that they did since Moses first appearing back in Egypt? All of those things and still they continued to rebel.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider how many times the children of Israel blatantly went against God with their murmuring and complaining before He finally put an end to them cutting them off from entrance into the Promised Land:

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:" Num 14:22-23

Have you witnessed all of the miracles that they did since Moses first appearing back in Egypt? All of those things and still they continued to rebel.

Well yes, and I keep praying/hoping. But my thoughts and actions were towards Christ Himself and involving demons also....from a very hard sexual sin that has been very hard trying to overcome. The humility mentioning it is not as bad as thinking I did this. But I asked forgiveness. I'm working on things. And people who were Satanists have come to Jesus Christ even. So yes, deep off topic subject here that has been weighing on my heart, but I love God with all my heart. So I must choose to believe I am still under His grace.

Sorry Amadeus. Can of worms here for me...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well yes, and I keep praying/hoping. But my thoughts and actions were towards Christ Himself and involving demons also....from a very hard sexual sin that has been very hard trying to overcome. The humility mentioning it is not as bad as thinking I did this. But I asked forgiveness. I'm working on things. And people who were Satanists have come to Jesus Christ even. So yes, deep off topic subject here that has been weighing on my heart, but I love God with all my heart. So I must choose to believe I am still under His grace.

Sorry Amadeus. Can of worms here for me...
Just remember that we, not any one of us, can alone come our own worst besetting sin. This is why we came to the Lord and why we must continue to come to Him. We are weak indeed, but He is strong!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1-2

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do not think it was from seeing or not seeing. The problem is they did not want to go into the unknown.

It is easy to do what we know. It is nigh impossible if we think we can do the unknown without God. They forgot God, and trusted in their own knowledge.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remember that we, not any one of us, can alone come our own worst besetting sin. This is why we came to the Lord and why we must continue to come to Him. We are weak indeed, but He is strong!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:1-2

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Thanks Amadeus. Think I needed that. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a different topic, but definitely been one maybe weighing me down more then I thought. Ive been constantly giving it to God and picking it back up again, because it was like being part of that crowd beating and spitting on Christ carrying the cross. And tears are not repentance. Change is. But there are definitely some sins in life, especially for the obsessive personality, that are really hard to fight even when you know plainly God calls you to purity. So definitely a prayer request. And I will not give up on stopping sin or talking to God about it. Because I do love Him and grateful for what He did. It is just not "cutting the brain off to things." I'm getting too deep public and don't pm men too often, brother. But I think that has been on my heart for awhile and it just came out. I do believe in an "inward Hell" on earth for sure. The struggle is definitely unseen in the spiritual realm. Part of the reasons I do believe Hell after life is in the spiritual realm as well.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think it was from seeing or not seeing. The problem is they did not want to go into the unknown.

It is easy to do what we know. It is nigh impossible if we think we can do the unknown without God. They forgot God, and trusted in their own knowledge.
What we see with our eyes of flesh is what we know in our mind of flesh. What we see with the spiritual vision given to us from God is another thing. Some become so entwined in the ways of the flesh that even the God they have known has become invisible:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish... " Prov 29:18

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Amadeus. Think I needed that. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a different topic, but definitely been one maybe weighing me down more then I thought. Ive been constantly giving it to God and picking it back up again, because it was like being part of that crowd beating and spitting on Christ carrying the cross. And tears are not repentance. Change is. But there are definitely some sins in life, especially for the obsessive personality, that are really hard to fight even when you know plainly God calls you to purity. So definitely a prayer request. And I will not give up on stopping sin or talking to God about it. Because I do love Him and grateful for what He did. It is just not "cutting the brain off to things." I'm getting too deep public and don't pm men too often, brother. But I think that has been on my heart for awhile and it just came out. I do believe in an "inward Hell" on earth for sure. The struggle is definitely unseen in the spiritual realm. Part of the reasons I do believe Hell after life is in the spiritual realm as well.
I am praying for you. The important thing is even if you do slip and sin one more time, never quit on God. Sometimes we get frustrated and want to quit, but don't do it. Lift up your head to Him again and again as many times as it takes. As long as you sincerely are doing that you care and God recognizes that even though He may continue to allow the testing. It can become wearisome but that too is the flesh:

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Gal 6:9

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am praying for you. The important thing is even if you do slip and sin one more time, never quit on God. Sometimes we get frustrated and want to quit, but don't do it. Lift up your head to Him again and again as many times as it takes. As long as you sincerely are doing that you care and God recognizes that even though He may continue to allow the testing. It can become wearisome but that too is the flesh:

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Gal 6:9

Oh for sure. I thought self injury was the hardest thing Id ever have to overcome. At times I just gave up with that. It was a ten year struggle. And I think this stems from that too. The mind is the hardest thing to overcome. Especially at night. Just have to set my commitment to feeding the mind right at least. That will help. It might have had to come to that low point of thinking that brought me to a higher desire to repent.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we see with our eyes of flesh is what we know in our mind of flesh. What we see with the spiritual vision given to us from God is another thing. Some become so entwined in the ways of the flesh that even the God they have known has become invisible:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish... " Prov 29:18

I love His CD and version of this song!!!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hardness of one's heart determines the sin against the Holy Spirit. Being contrite of heart is giving up control of your life.

God hardened Pharaoh's heart, because Pharaoh refused to listen to God to a point where Pharaoh had no choice but defy God.

Pride is the path to destruction because you cannot stop thinking that you can do it all by yourself. It hardens the heart faster than disobedience. Because it stealthily makes you think you are doing God’s will, when all you are doing is your own desires and not God’s.

Paul says we have to crucify ourselves daily and pray, not my will, but God’s will be done.

The biggest way to know if it is you or pride, is how mad and angry you get when offended. When you get mad, is the time to repent and humble yourself in humility. It is not the person on the other side of the computer screen. It is the Holy Spirit that offends.

When your body has acute pain, you do not get mad at those around you. You go to the doctor. When you are offended it is not those around you. It is the Holy Spirit, and you need to ask God for forgiveness and healing.

The worst addiction of all is the ability to constantly go around and offend others. At that point it is probably too late to remove pride from your heart.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hardness of one's heart determines the sin against the Holy Spirit. Being contrite of heart is giving up control of your life.

God hardened Pharaoh's heart, because Pharaoh refused to listen to God to a point where Pharaoh had no choice but defy God.

Pride is the path to destruction because you cannot stop thinking that you can do it all by yourself. It hardens the heart faster than disobedience. Because it stealthily makes you think you are doing God’s will, when all you are doing is your own desires and not God’s.

Paul says we have to crucify ourselves daily and pray, not my will, but God’s will be done.

The biggest way to know if it is you or pride, is how mad and angry you get when offended. When you get mad, is the time to repent and humble yourself in humility. It is not the person on the other side of the computer screen. It is the Holy Spirit that offends.

When your body has acute pain, you do not get mad at those around you. You go to the doctor. When you are offended it is not those around you. It is the Holy Spirit, and you need to ask God for forgiveness and healing.
Just a point of information. Unbelievers are already dead and cannot blaspheme against a Spirit they do not know!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just a point of information. Unbelievers are already dead and cannot blaspheme against a Spirit they do not know!
If that is the way you interpret it, then only believers blaspheme the Holy Spirit. But that is simply not according to Scripture.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the way you interpret it, then only believers blaspheme the Holy Spirit. But that is simply not according to Scripture.
Is it not? How can someone speak really against something he does not know? Do dead unbelievers know God? Until people receive Life, the Life which Jesus brought, they are dead.

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing..." Ecc 9:5

Jesus spoke of them here:

"Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God." Luke 9:60

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thread sort of taking a detour, but as the Lord leads. This is an important topic too. I believe unbelievers blaspheme the Holy Spirit all the time. Most do this out of ignorance besides demons. It is Christians who are not ignorant of what they are doing...using salvation as a "get out of jail free card" that is true blasphemy. These are Christians who do not truly have a repentant heart. But unbelievers can't even repent without coming to Christ.