Hell Fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
God will burn them alive but He won't burn them forever?

Matthew 13:40-42 (NKJV)
40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Where dies today they are burned alive? Again, look at post 127. Jeremiah prophesied that Gehenna would be made Holy to the Lord. It won't burn forever.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
prolly not, wadr; the point of the parable is not that i dont think
thats just what ppl who believe in Death More Abundantly need it to mean i guess

"buried with Him in death, raised to new life in Him"
do preachers even say this @ "Christian" baptisms any more?
Idk.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those reading, even if the parable is an allegory, it still tells a story about hell being a literal place of torment.
And this point was necessary, because? My first sentence stated that. Were you just underscoring what I had said, or felt that it wasn't understood by my post?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where dies today they are burned alive? Again, look at post 127. Jeremiah prophesied that Gehenna would be made Holy to the Lord. It won't burn forever.
Vague OT doesn't overrule perfectly clear NT.
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: teamventure

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think Jesus was delusional.

you're funny

I know you love to think about all the bad people getting their just dessert, rest easy, my concept of Hell is worse than yours.

Not to mention, closer to Biblical truth

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're funny
I fail to see anything "funny" about burning in Hell forever and ever.
I know you love to think about all the bad people getting their just dessert, rest easy, my concept of Hell is worse than yours.
Actually I'm trying to prevent people from "getting their just dessert". What are you trying to do?
Not to mention, closer to Biblical truth
Ok, waiting for Scripture from you.

Last edited:

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Vague OT doesn't overrule perfectly clear NT.
Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
You really should learn how to make am argument.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan loves convincing people there's no eternal Hell. He knows his goose is "cooked". He wants to take as many as he can with him.

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Wrong. What the devil has successfully accomplished is convincing most of the church, including you, that sinners shall not surely die.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is ZERO proof that Luke 16 is a parable.

DNB said:
Agreed, but I have never, ever rejected the doctrine of eternal punishment, I accept it as Biblical truth. BUT, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD truther, the parable of the Rich Man & Lazarus is still a flippin' allegory, for the flippin' reasons that I stated. [/QUOTE]

Luke 16: (particularly Luke 16:31)...
• IS particularly Jesus speaking.

Calling What Jesus said "allegory" is man's way to twist the truth, when something does not make logical sense in his Carnal Mind.

Calling What Jesus said "not a Parable", when Scripture already reveals, Jesus Taught His Doctrine IN Parables, is ignoring what manner Jesus Would Teach.

The Fact IS: Jesus IS The Truth- Period.

He needs not MAKE UP ONE thing that is NOT TRUE, to make a Point.

He taught His Doctrine in Parables.

He taught things that had been secret to the World.

Glory to God,
Taken

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
prolly not, wadr; the point of the parable is not that i dont think
thats just what ppl who believe in Death More Abundantly need it to mean i guess

"buried with Him in death, raised to new life in Him"
do preachers even say this @ "Christian" baptisms any more?
In the garden of Eden the tree of life provided health and life so long as the couple ate. They were tossed out after they sinned so they couldn't eat of it and live forever. So whatever we call immortality or eternal life... And whatever that gift consists of... One thing we can be fairly certain about is that it's conditional. They're a Tree of Life in the New Jerusalem, the city which will eventually become the capital of the earth. There for the healing of the nations. So yeah, though we are told to seek immortality, the eternal life we do receive eventually isn't of the precise same nature it seems as that which is innate to divinity.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree that it was most unlikely that Hitler came to Christ at the last moment. I would think that God's punishment would be way more punitive than even we could do to him. And, How can a carnal human being (unsaved who's spirits have never been re-born) live into eternity? Their bodies will die with their carnal spirits...no Spirit of God? No eternal life, in Heaven or Hell.
Nothing gets past God and He is JUST to the max. Many will pay dearly under His wrath.
JMHO :)
Amen.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Reactions: Nancy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not all allegories, or any other literary device that is used in the Bible, states that fact prior or after utilizing the convention.
When Jesus said 'eat my flesh, and drink my blood', or 'sever your body part if it offends you', did he state a caveat for those two verses, as in , '...these expressions are just figures of speech...'. Or, do you take them literally also (rhetorical)?

And like I said, Jesus did rather overtly and blatantly indicate that this is an allegory, by the entire implausibility of the environment, and dialogue.
Not to mention, eschatology was not even the context for Jesus' remark, it was about the imminency in accepting the faith while on earth, for there will be no other opportunities to apprehend it after death, nor excuses as to why you didn't while still alive.
You pick and choose what you want to be literal per your taste buds.

Fact is, if it is absolutely impossible to make sense of, it may just be an allegory etc.

But, you have no liberty to make Jesus' clear words into one.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're missimg the point. The Lake of Fire doesn't burn for eternity. Look at post 127 where I posted the prophecy from Jeremiah. He said one day it will be made Holy to the Lord.
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered how the doctrine of eternal torment reflects on God's character? The Bible says that God is love and the He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. That being the case, how do justify saying He will keep people alive for the sole purpose of torturing them?
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Welcome to God's character.

Fear Him, and don't second guess Him.

He is not a human being, with human weakness....

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: