Hell Is God's Mercy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
This is truly sad to see people trying to convince others that eternity in fire is a blessing. It will be the worst nightmare come true for BILLIONS of humans. I wouldn't want to be held accountable on Judgment Day for teaching this insanity.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
You actually know people who would enjoy putting their hand in fire?

Enjoying sin is nothing like burning in Hell forever.

There are people in this world who enjoy pain and who even enjoy seeing other people suffering. They're the sadists. The consequences of their sin will be their torments, which is worse than fire. They will suffer all the physical, emotional, and mental anguish and misery because they are separated from God, who is the source of all joy, happiness, and peace.

This is truly sad to see people trying to convince others that eternity in fire is a blessing. It will be the worst nightmare come true for BILLIONS of humans. I wouldn't want to be held accountable on Judgment Day for teaching this insanity.

Who said it was a blessing?

I got one thing to say

Acts 20:29-30

I hope you are not saying that atheists who rejected God are saved?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BZZZZZ wrong. Vanna please tell your contestant what he has won.

You have won the name Charles Taze Russell, and to go with it Charles Piazzi Smyth.
The Russell followers are not the JW you know today, today they call themselves the Bible Students

Because its a parable

Bud - Charles Taze Russell was influenced by the Millerites. It is a fact. JWs and Adventists split soon after the Great Disappointment.

If you continue to believe that I am promoting Hell as a good place to go then I have no doubt you believe the idea is insane. It really is your limitation however, not my idea.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
I think you got your replies mixed up there cowboy.
Just what do atheists and wolves have in common?

I hope that you are not referring me to a wolf. Under this thread, I have been saying that Hell is a separation from God, which is true. I also said that the existance of Hell shows God's love for all His creatures because He respects the choice of His creatures and would not force them to be in Heaven if they did not choose to be there. The fact that atheists reject God already shows that they chose Hell over Heaven. And that, my friend, does not go against scripture.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell no, you wouldn't ;)

Why not? Are you afraid of admitting that you may be wrong? I am not.

What is God going to do if I am wrong about Hell - damn me for being wrong? Com'mon! This idea is not causing anyone to be damned - instead it is taking God's goodness into account.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Bud - Charles Taze Russell was influenced by the Millerites. It is a fact. JWs and Adventists split soon after the Great Disappointment.

You may as well go all the way
The Millerites originally had adherents across denominational lines, especially from Baptist, Presbyterian refers to many different Christian churches adhering to the Calvinist theological tradition within Protestantism, and organized according to a characteristic Presbyterian polity...
, Methodist is a movement of Christianity represented by a number of denominations and organizations, claiming a total of approximately seventy million adherents worldwide. The movement traces its roots to John Wesley's evangelistic revival movement in the Anglican Communion. His younger brother...
and Campbellite refers to any of the religious groups historically descended from the Restoration Movement, a religious reform movement in the early 19th century in the United States...
churches, forming distinct denominations only after the Great Disappointment.

Now the foundation of Russel's bible students was based on what? It wasn't the SDA there was a lot going on in those days even in your universal church. To passively poopoo it is to ignore the facts of history. Why in 1854, Pope Pius IX, in the Papal Bull ineffabilis Dei, declared Mary's Immaculate Conception to be dogma. Like I said a lot went on from the time Napoleon removed Pope Pius VI from Rome in 1797 to the first WW I. Every blue blooded king that supported the universal church went missing or was killed by the end of WW I except the British. You should really get out more.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
If you continue to believe that I am promoting Hell as a good place to go then I have no doubt you believe the idea is insane. It really is your limitation however, not my idea.
Do you ask God for mercy? If so I hope you don't get what you ask for, eternity in Hell. That's where your illogic goes.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may as well go all the way
The Millerites originally had adherents across denominational lines, especially from Baptist, Presbyterian refers to many different Christian churches adhering to the Calvinist theological tradition within Protestantism, and organized according to a characteristic Presbyterian polity...
, Methodist is a movement of Christianity represented by a number of denominations and organizations, claiming a total of approximately seventy million adherents worldwide. The movement traces its roots to John Wesley's evangelistic revival movement in the Anglican Communion. His younger brother...
and Campbellite refers to any of the religious groups historically descended from the Restoration Movement, a religious reform movement in the early 19th century in the United States...
churches, forming distinct denominations only after the Great Disappointment.

Now the foundation of Russel's bible students was based on what? It wasn't the SDA there was a lot going on in those days even in your universal church. To passively poopoo it is to ignore the facts of history. Why in 1854, Pope Pius IX, in the Papal Bull ineffabilis Dei, declared Mary's Immaculate Conception to be dogma. Like I said a lot went on from the time Napoleon removed Pope Pius VI from Rome in 1797 to the first WW I. Every blue blooded king that supported the universal church went missing or was killed by the end of WW I except the British. You should really get out more.

Baptists and Presbyterians existed before Miller.

Why does this part of history bother you so much?

Do you ask God for mercy? If so I hope you don't get what you ask for, eternity in Hell. That's where your illogic goes.

Wow - so you really think I believe Hell is God's ONLY mercy?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you believe nuclear war is God's mercy too? Where does your opinion of mercy end?

What is your point?

A life sentence doesn't seem like a mercy until a prisoner is faced with death.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Baptists and Presbyterians existed before Miller.

Why does this part of history bother you so much?

It doesn't bother me its interesting and If it bothers any faith it should be the catholic faith. And BTW Millerites did not influence Russel it was quite the opposite he influenced 2 ministers of the SDA.

Charles Taze Russell - Beginnings
From 1870 through 1875 the Russell family, and others, participated in an analytical study of both the Bible and the origins of Christian doctrine, creed, and tradition. "Millerite" Adventist ministers George Storrs, and George Stetson, were also closely involved. Russell's group believed they had found significant errors in common Christian belief. As a result of such study, the Russell family believed they had gained a clearer understanding of true Christianity, and were re-baptized in 1874.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't bother me its interesting and If it bothers any faith it should be the catholic faith. And BTW Millerites did not influence Russel it was quite the opposite he influenced 2 ministers of the SDA.

Charles Taze Russell - Beginnings
From 1870 through 1875 the Russell family, and others, participated in an analytical study of both the Bible and the origins of Christian doctrine, creed, and tradition. "Millerite" Adventist ministers George Storrs, and George Stetson, were also closely involved. Russell's group believed they had found significant errors in common Christian belief. As a result of such study, the Russell family believed they had gained a clearer understanding of true Christianity, and were re-baptized in 1874.

I am guessing you must be an Adventist.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BZZZZZZ door number 2 wrong
Vanna please tell our game contestant that I don't claim affiliation or membership with any denomination.

I was hoping that your rabid hatred of the Catholic Church was simple indoctrination - my mistake and disappointment. Oh, you gotta love speaking in the third person - I am bowled over by your humility, as usual

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
BTW Aspen you didn't look up my other clue about Russel's belief foundation -------- Charles Piazzi Smyth
And just so you know most of the date setters in the1800's were very smart but very stupid at the same time.

I was hoping that your rabid hatred of the Catholic Church was simple indoctrination - my mistake and disappointment. Oh, you gotta love speaking in the third person - I am bowled over by your humility, as usual

As I am at your complete disregard for what the bible says. .........Hell is Gods Mercy ........just where do I find that verse?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW Aspen you didn't look up my other clue about Russel's belief foundation -------- Charles Piazzi Smyth
And just so you know most of the date setters in the1800's were very smart but very stupid at the same time.

As I am at your complete disregard for what the bible says. .........Hell is Gods Mercy ........just where do I find that verse?

Complete disregard? Really? So everything I believe does not include the Bible?

I found the verse in the same spot as the clearly written statement of the Nature of God as a Trinity.