Hell Is God's Mercy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Complete disregard? Really? So everything I believe does not include the Bible?

I found the verse in the same spot as the clearly written statement of the Nature of God as a Trinity.

thats right, hell is Gods mercy is right after Marys sinless immaculate conception.
And for those that don't know, immaculate conception is speaking about Marys birth not Jesus birth. Mary was conceived and protected from the original sin of Adam and its stain

I knew it was in your universal book some where, because its clearly not in the bible. :lol:

And you well know that I can fetch you an official statement from your church that says just that. "its not found in scripture"

BTW how many pages back do you suppose my post about hell are now?
Do you think anyone will find them? or shall we continue?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats right, hell is Gods mercy is right after Marys sinless immaculate conception.
And for those that don't know, immaculate conception is speaking about Marys birth not Jesus birth. Mary was conceived and protected from the original sin of Adam and its stain

I knew it was in your universal book some where, because its clearly not in the bible. :lol:

And you well know that I can fetch you an official statement from your church that says just that. "its not found in scripture"

BTW how many pages back do you suppose my post about hell are now?
Do you think anyone will find them? or shall we continue?

Universal book? Nice description of the Immaculate Conception - you should guess speak in my Catechism class.

Neither is the word Trinity or a description of the Incarnation or sola scriptura for that matter, but don't let that stop you Bud, you are on a roll!

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Universal book? Nice description of the Immaculate Conception - you should guess speak in my Catechism class.

Neither is the word Trinity or a description of the Incarnation or sola scriptura for that matter, but don't let that stop you Bud, you are on a roll!

I am on a roll .........................go check the does judging work thread.

universal book?
I forget what you call it but it takes a lawyer to translate it.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
LOL I'm glad you think so. Its a kin to taking 11 marbles 10 blue and 1 green. The being asked to select the marbles that best represent the majority and you pick the single green marble. That's a great theological teaching tool.

Thats no different than taking Matthew 16:18 and building a church and infoul-able priest hood on it.

-- Nice try Bud. But that does not negate the fact that not a single one of the 10 scriptures you post actually support your claim in any way, shape, form, or style that hell has parole ever.

You could of course prove me wrong by showing where exactly in any one of those - or any other scripture - it says so.

Obviously you are unable to, thus the deflection.

Oh, and I am not Catholic so your last statement was pretty well worthless. I see a trend.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
-- Nice try Bud. But that does not negate the fact that not a single one of the 10 scriptures you post actually support your claim in any way, shape, form, or style that hell has parole ever.

You could of course prove me wrong by showing where exactly in any one of those - or any other scripture - it says so.

Obviously you are unable to, thus the deflection.

Oh, and I am not Catholic so your last statement was pretty well worthless. I see a trend.

Your not going to happy until you find it in the vocabulary your satisfied with. I've seen others do the same with verses, your simply ignoring the obvious and playing word games.
The fact is 10 scriptures indicate death VS your 1 indicating eternal torment.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Your not going to happy until you find it in the vocabulary your satisfied with. I've seen others do the same with verses, your simply ignoring the obvious and playing word games.

-- Oh, so close.

Actually, it should read I am "not going to be happy until YOU present a scripture that supports your claim in any way, shape, form, or style."

None of those 10 scriptures even HINTS at the possibility of ever leaving hell once you have entered it.

You can easily prove me wrong if you would just show WHERE in just ONE scripture...but you still haven't.

I encourage everyone to look at the 10 scriptures you listed and if THEY can find it I would ask them to post, because you obviously cannot.

You have again though said - correctly, I might add - that I HAVE presented a scripture that DOES indicate eternal torment.

Until you can present one...

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
The difference is the "word" is missing. The ideas are there.
The ideas of Calvinism (doesn't matter weather or not you believe it) are there, the word is just a simple way to describe the collection of passages.

The word "trinity" is a way to describe the collection of passages speaking to it.

But... "Hell is God's Mercy" and other nonsense like Immaculate Conception don't even have the ideas to back them. It's made up nonsense.

You admit one indicates eternal torment. You just admitted it again.
So either the Bible contradicts itself, or your understanding of the 10 scriptures you posted is wrong.

The latter is true. Yes, those scriptures indicate death. What kind of death? We can debate what kind of death it means.
The fact is, the kind of death it talks about must be in harmony with eternal torment verse, lest the Bible contradict itself.

And I'm sorry to break it to you, but your interpretation of death contradicts the Bible, thus you must reform your views to where the interpretation of death won't contradict Scripture anymore.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Your thinking fails in so many ways I'm honestly sad for you.

You admit the passage contradicts your belief- and you don't reform your belief?
You'd rather be stuck with a fallible Word of God that contradicts itself than bring your belief in line with it?

-- There it is...

Foreigner you apparently missed my reply to texus posts, there were 2 about that same statement above.

Thats were your very wrong, the bible does not contradict itself. Its your inability to study and ask the Lord to revel to you the truth.
There are 3 words translated hell. If you look you will see what happens to Gehenna in rev and 2 Peter.
Your words convict you that the word of God is foul-able and contradictory, the universal church would be very pleased with your confession.
Satan likes nothing better than for you to question the word of God.

Gen 3:1
[sup]1[/sup] Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

And this one as well was to texus about the same matter.

It does not conflict with my understanding the point was to SHOW YOU that verses conflict WITH YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF HELLS ETERNAL TORMENT.
I have no patents with people like you that read what you want to see. do you understand? my interpretation does not conflict, yours does, but that seems to make no difference to you. You already said the bible contradicts itself as your justification for your understanding.

I really don't want to waste my time playing word games with those that see and hear what they want to see and hear. If you would please, refrain from trying to rehash statements in a manor that does not reflect what was said. In other words please quit being a manipulator.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
But... "Hell is God's Mercy" and other nonsense like Immaculate Conception don't even have the ideas to back them. It's made up nonsense.

Your pretty quick to take the stick I used on aspen and use it yourself. At the same time failing to examine yourself.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
You're avoiding the question.

You admit one indicates eternal torment. You just admitted it again.
So either the Bible contradicts itself, or your understanding of the 10 scriptures you posted is wrong.

Which is it?

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
You're avoiding the question.

[font="tahoma][size="2"]You admit one indicates eternal torment. You just admitted it again.[/size][/font]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]So either the Bible contradicts itself, or your understanding of the 10 scriptures you posted is wrong. [/size][/font]
[font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma][size="2"]Which is it?[/size][/font]

It does not conflict with my understanding the point was to SHOW YOU that verses conflict WITH YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF HELLS ETERNAL TORMENT.
I have no patents with people like you that read what you want to see. do you understand? my interpretation does not conflict, yours does, but that seems to make no difference to you. You already said the bible contradicts itself as your justification for your understanding.

Hades is throne into the lake of fire go back and read instead of beating your donkey Balaam.

Numbers 22
[sup]28[/sup] Then the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?”
[sup]29[/sup] And Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have abused me. I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!”
[sup]30[/sup] So the donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever since I became yours, to this day? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?”
And he said, “No.”
[sup]31[/sup] Then the LORD opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the LORD standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. [sup]32[/sup] And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Do you believe the posted verse (which you've stated on two separate times supports eternal tor met) supports eternal torment in your eyes? If not, explain.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
That doesn't answer the question in any way whatsoever. Unless you are calling it "the grave"?
Rename the damn thing, I don't care, how do you get away from the "eternal torment" part of it?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Depart from me you cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

-- Still waiting for bud to post something - anything - that voids what he himself states is a valid scripture pointing to eternal damnation.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
That doesn't answer the question in any way whatsoever. Unless you are calling it "the grave"?
Rename the damn thing, I don't care, how do you get away from the "eternal torment" part of it?

The Greek uses three words that translate hell in English they all have a different place in scripture, I'm not calling or changing anything I'm properly dividing the word of God.

Look I'm afraid your going to have to study. Matthew 25:41 If you look at the ESV translation it list 2 Peter 2:4 the only time the word Tartarus is used in the New Testament, in 2 Peter 2:4. The Scripture says,
God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [Tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment (2 Peter 2:4, KJV).

Also the word torment is not used in the ESV or the KJV in Mt 25:41. Or if you would give me the verse or verses that say eternal torment and I'll elaborate.

in th KJV torment is only used 4 times in the 4 gospels
Mt 8:29
Mk 5:7
Lk 8:28
Lk 16:28

zero in Pauls epistles, after that its only found in Rev and 1 Jn 4:18

So please provide the verse you want to talk about I'm not going to do all the homework for you.

"Depart from me you cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

-- Still waiting for bud to post something - anything - that voids what he himself states is a valid scripture pointing to eternal damnation.

I have I can lead you to it but I can't make you drink, your just as lazy as texus.
Did you read this? I doubt it
http://www.christian...dpost__p__98458

Don't forget to read Duckys post at the top, he highlighted...... I AM TORMENTED IN THIS FLAME.

Now Jesus says in Luke as ducky posted that it is Hades, ducky highlighted I am tormented in this flame. Now look what happens to Hades in Rev. Its cast into the fire. So its a place of torment until the judgment and then its cast into the fire to be no more. Matthew 10:28

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Bud, you haven't addressed in any way, shape, or form, the verse Foreigner is posting.

[font="tahoma][color="#5D5D5D"]All you're doing is trying to distract from the argument with three words for hell. Who cares. It doesn't matter what it's named.[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#5D5D5D"]We're addressing the "eternal torment" or "everlasting fire" portion of this. You HAVE NOT addressed it.[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#5D5D5D"]
[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#5D5D5D"]Unless, of course, you can admit you can't.[/color][/font]

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Bud, you haven't addressed in any way, shape, or form, the verse Foreigner is posting.

[font="tahoma]"Depart from me you cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels."[/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma]
[/font][/color]
[font="tahoma][color="#5d5d5d"]All you're doing is trying to distract from the argument with three words for hell. Who cares. It doesn't matter what it's named.
[/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#5d5d5d"]We're addressing the "eternal torment" or "everlasting fire" portion of this. You HAVE NOT addressed it.[/color][/font]
[font="tahoma] [/font]
[font="tahoma][color="#5d5d5d"]Unless, of course, you can admit you can't.[/color][/font]

I have right here I'll c/p it again for you.

Look I'm afraid your going to have to study. Matthew 25:41 If you look at the ESV translation it list 2 Peter 2:4 the only time the word Tartarus is used in the New Testament, in 2 Peter 2:4. The Scripture says, God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [Tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment (2 Peter 2:4, KJV).

[font="tahoma][color="#5d5d5d"]three words for hell. Who cares. It doesn't matter what it's named.
[/color][/font]

Thats where your very wrong Balaam and thats why I'm done casting pearls before swine in this thread. I'm done bottle feeding babies only to have them spit up on me. You stand firm in your singular word hell, the Apostles and Jesus chose to use 3 discriptures but as you say it doesn't matter. Latter dude

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Look I'm afraid your going to have to study. Matthew 25:41 If you look at the ESV translation it list 2 Peter 2:4 the only time the word Tartarus is used in the New Testament, in 2 Peter 2:4. The Scripture says, God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [Tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment (2 Peter 2:4, KJV).

You do realize that didn't answer the question at all, right? You just gave your commentary on 2 Peter 2:4 and didn't say jack about Matthew 25:41.

It's OK if you can't answer. Some people just don't know.