Hello From Illinois!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dewey

Nov 20, 2008
Hi all!
It has been a while since I have been to your sight and thought this morning I would stop by and say hello to everyone.
I read some material the other day that made me stop and think. The topic was God (the potter) and how he is in every part of our lives. And that
means the good and the bad.

Some of us may feel that God is not working in our lives when we have sorrows or turmoils. But yet he is in fact always working in our lives, even
when things seem dim. The article went on to say how God is maturing us through the "hard" times. As we have all read, testing us in the fire to
bring the infirmities to the top. It also used the analogy of the potter: God is continually working as the potter in each of our lives and his touch is
always upon us just as the potter's hands are upon his clay as he works. Sometimes the potter needs to apply pressure to the clay to form it as
he desires. So we could look at times of trial as when God, the potter is applying pressure to strengthen us or remove defects. Only he knows
what he wants us to be as "his" vessel; ultimately following our Lord Jesus Christ and serving God the Father.

Our study and walk with Christ is a lifelong work in progress and only God knows what he wants to make of us as his vessel. So we must trust
him in everything, during the good and the bad. Our lives cannot be filled with good only to make us a strong Christian for God. As one man I know
would say: "God doesn't like hot house lillies". The reading included such examples as Jeremiah, Daniel and of coarse Job. Job, now there is
some hard times! It is hard to imagine loosing everything as he did; I mean material possesions, that's easy to understand but, your loved ones
also? And through it all he remained true to our Father, he understood. Job 2:10

Well, this writing touched me and I just wanted to share it. I hope it's alright that I put it here in this topic area, all of this may already be covered
in a study area on this sight so I appologize if I have repeated it. I'm sure I missed a lot of points so if anyone would like to read it for yourself
I could copy it and email it to you.

Everyone have a great day and God Bless!
Dewayne

gumby

May 29, 2009
Hi there Dewey and thanks for the insight. If you have any questions feel free to ask my names Clint by the way :)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Hello Dewey!!!!

I am from Champaign IL. Not sure if I know how to spell it though............. bout 2 hours south of Chicago. I will be going back there to do something the Lord wants me to do. Not sure fully what that will be though.

Only those things Job greatly feared came upon him. (Job 3:25) To bad he did not fear loosing that wife.............. Still, Job is a good lesson. Fear not!!!!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome Dewey!!

Look at it this way: with pottery it's not always so important to make it look the best. It's what that pottery contained that was important because it's food or liquid that is necessary for living just as we need the living water. I'm always touched by the intimate instant of the creation of both Adam and Eve where God literally forms the two just like he would a pottery vessel. We as Christians continue that on with things like the laying on of hands (II Timothy 1:6) and so on.

No hot-house lilies here I hope!

Welcome aboard!