Hello :)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
Hello everybody, just want to introduce myself before I post my first question. I came to the boards because I am in a terrible spiritual crisis the likes I have never had before but I will get to that on another post.

I grew up in Texas and was rasied a Catholic. Then I joined the Navy at the age of 23. I went to Church whenever possible, even when dead tired. I only read the New Testament at that point. Still though I went to church out of habit and really didn't know very much. My first operational command was a submarine where I went on to beat up many people and made very good friends with the same people as a result. I even saved the life of everybody onboard the ship and was promptly yelled at for doing so (was never a brown noser and the leadership hates that more than anything). I then escaped being a submarine machinst mate and went on to change jobs to hospital corpsman. Went to some schools and was eventually stationed in San Antonio Texas where I met my wife. I went to another school and became a cytotech. During that school I was saved at Cornerstone Ministries, became non-denominational, and really went on to become on fire for God. I was stationed in Virginia after that. Went to two churches that didn't work out for me and finally found an incredible one that is more alive and Spirit filled than any I have seen before in my life. A few years after arriving in Virginia God started calling me to preach. I told God he had the wrong number and ran from the call for a very long time. I didn't want to become a preacher. A few years after the first call I found the church I am going to now, Christian Embassy International Church. In that Church I met a man that had been cured from cancer. I asked this man to pray for me for a cure for diabetes and he did, I also found out he was also cured of his diabetes and even his need for glasses at the same time he was cured for cancer.

Well, a few weeks later in church this man was just staring at me. During the service he walked up to me and said "Do you know God has been calling you to preach for a while now?"

That really scared me and after Church I left ASAP. The next week after thinking about it I talked to the man and told him about my call and that it was time to stop running. He told me to stop trying to figure things out and just pray about what to do next. Well, God clarified my call for me at that point, he didn't call me to be a "Preacher" he called me just to preach. I started spreading the word and helping people as much as I could and people even asked me to pray over them for healing many times.

At this point I got my second call, God wanted me to study His Word. I started doing that and found something in the Bible that brought back some very terrible memories for me, things I left out so far and I stopped reading the Bible or doing anything for a while now. I want clarification but feel kind of terrible bothering people in person, I tried talking to one person about the situation but he didn't get it.

I hope to find some Spirit filled people here that can guide me better in understanding God's word and remove this discouragment that has found me.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Welcome Thunderkat!!!

200.gif