Hello.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ibrahim``

Feb 6, 2008
Hello everyone.I am Ibrahim and I am a convert from Christianity to Islam. I'm not here to seek answers, as I believe I know them/have access to them via Islam. I'm here as I have found things that I would like a Christian perspective on, to post.So please, I'm not here for the "Hope you learn the truth", "Be saved", "You're going to hell" wrap I've gotten on other board, and I'm in sincere hope that I do not. I see a lot of Christians on Muslim boards, and not once have I seen anyone tell them anything like that.Thank you,ibrahim``

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Tell me why, how, and what made you convert.I'm just curious that's all.
smile.gif
Welcome.

ibrahim``

Feb 6, 2008
I looked at Islam because of the bad image it was given by the media. The Qur'an truly is the most perfect book on Earth. No contradictions. God is one, there is no concept of the trinity, which is the reason I never truly accepted Christianity, I was only Christian because Christianity was all I had ever known. The concept of the trinity for me was always abhorrent. Islam specifies rules and boundaries, it's not just a religion, but a way of life, a beautiful way of life. The scientific miracles of the Qur'an, constantly being proven by Science were also a big thing for me. The creation of the universe, embryonic development, etc the list just goes on and on. Things that haven;t been known (per se).Whenever I asked for answers in Christianity, I was always told 'have faith' and, when I did get a real answer (on rare occasion) it couldn't be backed up or I'd see something 100% biblical, but at the same time contradictory. When I was 17 (I'm 18 now) I took the Shahada "La illaha illallah, muhammadur rasoolullah" (There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger; all you need to say with full belief and conviction)Islam is my way of life, and nothing will ever change that inshaAllah.
smile.gif
Also, something about this board really irks me. The lack of religious freedom. Yes, I recognise that it's a Christian board, but do you not recognise that non-Christians will come here with queries and the like. Are you scared of questions or something? :S

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
For one, the Bible does not contain any contradictions. And secondly, Christianity came before Islam.My two cents.

Pax

Feb 6, 2008
Hello ibrahim...I'm new here too. I hope I can call myself a Christian: quite honestly?...there's nothing else I'd want to be!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well all I can tell you Ibrahim is read our posts on the Non christain forum but why anyone would trade the real for fake is beyond me

ibrahim``

Feb 6, 2008
(Wakka;34247)
For one, the Bible does not contain any contradictions. And secondly, Christianity came before Islam.My two cents.
Just the notion of Jesus being fully human and fully man is a contradiction.The Bible has many versions, The Qur'an has one that has been unchanged.Islam came with the first man, Adam. Qur'an verses;Noah, was quoted in the Qur'an having said...فَإِن تَوَلَّيْتُمْ فَمَا سَأَلْتُكُم مِّنْ أَجْرٍ إِنْ أَجْرِيَ إِلاَّ عَلَى اللّهِ وَأُمِرْتُ أَنْ أَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ"But if ye are averse I have asked of you no wage. My wage is the concern of Allah only, and I am commanded to be of those who surrender (unto Him)."[Surah Yunus Ayah 72]In the Qur'an Allah [swt] said about Abraham:إِذْ قَالَ لَهُ رَبُّهُ أَسْلِمْ قَالَ أَسْلَمْتُ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ"When his Lord said unto him: Surrender! he said: I have surrendered to the Lord of the Worlds."وَوَصَّى بِهَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ بَنِيهِ وَيَعْقُوبُ يَا بَنِيَّ إِنَّ اللّهَ اصْطَفَى لَكُمُ الدِّينَ فَلاَ تَمُوتُنَّ إَلاَّ وَأَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ"And the same did Abraham enjoin on his sons and (so did) Ya`qub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you (this) faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims"[Surah Al-Baqarah Ayah 131-132]In the Qur'an Allah [swt] also says about Moses...وَقَالَ مُوسَى يَا قَوْمِ إِن كُنتُمْ آمَنتُم بِاللّهِ فَعَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلُواْ إِن كُنتُم مُّسْلِمِي"And Moses said: O my people! If ye have believed in Allah then put trust in Him, if ye have indeed surrendered (unto Him)!"[Surah Yunus Ayah 84]Jesus' companions [or disciples] also said to him, according to the Qur'an...فَلَمَّا أَحَسَّ عِيسَى مِنْهُمُ الْكُفْرَ قَالَ مَنْ أَنصَارِي إِلَى اللّهِ قَالَ الْحَوَارِيُّونَ نَحْنُ أَنصَارُ اللّهِ آمَنَّا بِاللّهِ وَاشْهَدْ بِأَنَّا مُسْلِمُونَ"But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him)."[Surah Al-'Imran Ayah 52]And now for the grand finale, where the Qur'an points out that the revelations to Muhammad are only to confirm what was before it...وَأَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ مُصَدِّقاً لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَمُهَيْمِناً عَلَيْهِ فَاحْكُم بَيْنَهُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ وَلاَ تَتَّبِعْ أَهْوَاءهُمْ عَمَّا جَاءكَ مِنَ الْحَقِّ لِكُلٍّ جَعَلْنَا مِنكُمْ شِرْعَةً وَمِنْهَاجاً وَلَوْ شَاء اللّهُ لَجَعَلَكُمْ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً وَلَـكِن لِّيَبْلُوَكُمْ فِي مَا آتَاكُم فَاسْتَبِقُوا الخَيْرَاتِ إِلَى الله مَرْجِعُكُمْ جَمِيعاً فَيُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ"And unto thee have We revealed the Scripture with the truth, confirming whatever Scripture was before it , and a watcher over it. So judge between them by that which Allah hath revealed, and follow not their desires away from the truth which hath come unto thee. For each We have appointed a divine law and a traced out way. Had Allah willed He could have made you one community. But that He may try you by that which He hath given you (He hath made you as ye are). So vie one with another in good works . Unto Allah ye will all return, and He will then inform you of that wherein ye differ."[Surah Al-Ma'idah Ayah 48]
Well all I can tell you Ibrahim is read our posts on the Non christain forum but why anyone would trade the real for fake is beyond me
Yay, I get to read but not add my two cents. Also, why would I reject truth and accept fallacy? That makes no sense, kind of like the fallacy I rejected to come to the truth.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
The virgin birth was supernatural as God the Holy Spirit conceived in Mary, without physical relations, Jesus the Messiah. In this manner, even the Qur'an affirms the miraculous birth of Christ (see Surah 19:16-21). Jesus was in this sense "God's unique Son." During His early ministry He carried out the will of the Father. Notably the Qur'an affirms Jesus' supernatural birth, life of miracles, His compassion, and ascension to heaven (see Surah 19:16-21, 29-31, 3:37-47, 5:110).Even the Qur'an states in Surah 3:55 that "Allah said: O Isa (Jesus), I am going to terminate (put to death) the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me." What other way could this concept have any meaning apart from Jesus' death for sin and His subsequent resurrection.I really like you. And I respect your belief in Islam. God gave us the choice to believe in anything we want. But the only way to receive Him is to believe in Him. I just want to try and clear things up for you.
smile.gif
I want to make your stay here much different from the other forums you've gone to.

ibrahim``

Feb 6, 2008
I will never believe that Jesus is God. I will always hold him as one of the greatest Prophets to have been sent from Allah (swt). I feel as a Muslim I respect him more as I am viewing him as he was, a Muslim also. Alhamdulillah. He worshiped one God, Allah.As Muslims we too believe in his miraculous birth, to the virgin Maryam. And that he will return on the last day. InshaAllah.Wakka, I respect the views and beliefs of everyone on this board and I expect the same from them. I have researched Christianity, as a Christian and as a Muslim. When I do, it brings me closer to Allah (swt), as we as Muslims are asked to seek knowledge. And that's what I'm doing now, looking to educate myself. I have many Christian friends, we get on VERY well, we talk about the difference in our beliefs and it never turn malicious. I feel my membership here will also help me talk to them and ask questions of them, as they do to me. I'm not here to convert (or be converted) and I'd appreciate it should no one try. I'm here to learn, teach and try and increase unity. We may not share the same beliefs (although, similar in many ways and different in many other) but that doesn't make either side less human.ibrahim.

ibrahim``

Feb 6, 2008
You're only a year older than me.
I looked at your profile. If you're turning 17 this year I'm actually two years older, as I turn 19 in July.
smile.gif

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I've only got 6 more days until my Birthday. Are you living in the United States?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
... Why in the world would want to trust on a man (Muhammad) and not God? (Yahshua / Jesus Christ)There is contradictions in Islam and it does break my heart. I did study some in Islam with a open mind, just to let you know. About denominations, they are flawed as well as they have their own religion...I'll tell you this, I was from Atheism to Reality which is only Christ is the only way to Heaven (John 14:6)The bible aren't meant to be taken 100% literally, as you will contradict His words with your own thinking...Jag

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Yeah, I found that other religions don't have the Holy Spirit. And once you go through the Holy Spirit, you never want to go back. It's the comfort in God that I love. I experienced it during group worship, and it brought people down to tears, and made me tear up
smile.gif
, this went for about an hour. And now I continually strive to be with God every living moment.Ibrahim, how far were you pursuing God (Christian) before you converted to Islam?

ibrahim``

Feb 6, 2008
Wakka, I have cried from high iman moment a lot of times. I cry when I think of how I was before IK came to Islam, and I cried after I pronounced the Shahada. I've cried from conversion stories.
... Why in the world would want to trust on a man (Muhammad) and not God? (Yahshua / Jesus Christ)
Jesus was a man, both were sent by God as Prophets. I trust Muhammad, as he was the final Prophet of Islam.
The bible aren't meant to be taken 100% literally, as you will contradict His words with your own thinking...
Yet with the Qur'an I don't?I take the Qur'an literally, because it is the literal word of Allah (swt).
Ibrahim, how far were you pursuing God (Christian) before you converted to Islam?
I was a Catholic, I didn't pray, I didn't go to mass weekly. When I was seeking God, I did initially think to Catholicism would be my return, I did give it a go, but it just didn't work. Alhamdulillah, to Islam I came. And will never leave, as it really is the right way for me to live my life and inshaAllah I will never be swayed or strayed.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
ibrahim :Islam is my way of life, and nothing will ever change that inshaAllah.
smile.gif
Also, something about this board really irks me. The lack of religious freedom. Yes, I recognise that it's a Christian board, but do you not recognise that non-Christians will come here with queries and the like. Are you scared of questions or something? Welcome Ibrahim !!If you don't want to be changed, I'm just wondering...and if this board already irks you, why are you really here? You are not honestly seeking the truth, because you think you already found it, so what's your point. YES, this is CHRISTIAN forum and anybody is welcome to ask questions,but if you already are so sure about your findings what is truth... then for me it's just does not make sense... You like to debate, there are debate forums, isn't there? Just my opinion. BUT This is Christian forum, ABSOLUTELY !!!!

ibrahim``

Feb 6, 2008
If you don't want to be changed, I'm just wondering...and if this board already irks you, why are you really here? You are not honestly seeking the truth, because you think you already found it, so what's your point. YES, this is CHRISTIAN forum and anybody is welcome to ask questions,but if you already are so sure about your findings what is truth... then for me it's just does not make sense... You like to debate, there are debate forums, isn't there? Just my opinion. BUT This is Christian forum, ABSOLUTELY !!!!
I found out about what irks me about this forum after I joined, and that is that non-Christians can't post in the Christian areas. I joined this forum to gain a deeper understanding of the religion a lot of my friends follow and further enrich our conversations, as stated. Also as I am seeking knowledge. Learning about Christianity always makes me feel closer to Islam.
smile.gif
I see TONS of Christians on Muslim forums [who no one tried to convert, and are treated like anyone else on the forum]. What is wrong with a Muslim on a Christian forum?

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
There is nothing wrong a muslim being in a christian forum... oh, who said that? You said "it irks me" and you seem to want to believe what you already believe, some muslims and non- christians come with honesty an humility to really want to know the truth, because they are confused. You seem to be perfectly fine with your belief, you don't want to change, you want knowledge... hmm...why would you need christian belief to add knowledge to your faith, you just want to debate. And IF you been a christian before, why go back, you know christianity, so what knowledge you would need anyway, you know it all already???? Just wondering... and...We could make this as a topic/thread.... takes soooooooooooooo much time. And this is intoduction forum / welcome wagon.Welcome !!!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ibrahim``;34298)
(thesuperjag;34290)
... Why in the world would want to trust on a man (Muhammad) and not God? (Yahshua / Jesus Christ)
Jesus was a man, both were sent by God as Prophets.I trust Muhammad, as he was the final Prophet of Islam.Get the fact straight. A prophet of God can never be God. As ALL prophets have sinned, being a prophet of God does not make them sinless...Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;As for Christ, you obviously lack the wisdom that God. And Christ did proclaim Himself as God as He never corrected Himself as the "Jews" cast a stone at Him, and the Word of God says Christ is the only one sinless.Another thing, you trust a religion and I don't. I'll stick with the Word, not a religion.(ibrahim``;34298)
(thesuperjag;34290)
The bible aren't meant to be taken 100% literally, as you will contradict His words with your own thinking...
Yet with the Qur'an I don't?I take the Qur'an literally, because it is the literal word of Allah (swt).God does not teach His childrens in a worldly, carnally way. His ways is above humans, and His thoughts is above humans, So in short the Maker is above his own creature, as His creature without Him, is nothing but sinful people... so worldly...and so lacking at Wisdom.I have no need to lean on human understanding, but to understand it in God's perspective...Jag