Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayhap you did . . . and mayhap you didn't. Maybe you saw someone who looked saved to you stop looking saved to you. Mayhap?

Much love!
If people appear to love Jesus fervently, I assume their conduct is sincere and they are likely born again, barring some mental illness or drug problem. :)
Unbelievers. Unbelieving Israel was broken off, so I'm figuring the other branches that are broken off are likewise unbelieving.

Same as "the branch that does not abide in Me". Someone who is not "in Christ".

Much love!
We've been down this road before. I don't wish to contend. :)
Bless you, my friend. :);):cool::D

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you follow all darkness and satan. :)
I know my friend . But many do . But look on the bright side .
I have been hammered for many years , yet i change not nor conform to this world .
The way i see it , REJOICE WHEN PERSECUTED FOR JESUS sake . THOUGH I do weep in the night for the souls of many .
Still there is only JOY IN CHRIST . To suffer for him is only gain , whether it be words or actions , its all gain .
Yet still i weep n the night for many souls . I aint changing to fit this world or its many many churches in christendom who already have .
I can only pray for them and continue to exhort no matter the cost . Now let all that has breath leap up and praise the glorious LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people appear to love Jesus fervently, I assume their conduct is sincere and they are likely born again, barring some mental illness or drug problem. :)

Examine what JESUS they follow and love . I hear many unrepentant sinners that actually justify their sin , LIKE I ONCE DID ,
hollering they love JESUS . But what JESUS are they following . Cause the TRUE JESUS dont cause our hearts to JUSTIFY SIN
HE changes our hearts to love the good and hate evil deeds . THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A MINUTE .
WHAT JESUS are most folks following . Its like paul once said , IF a man brings another jesus , you just go with the flow , you bear with it .
WELL NOT THIS LAMB . NOT THIS LAMB . I LOVE THE PEOPLES so i warn the peoples . BIBLES OPEN and start feasting .
Be encouraged my friend . But i must go out the way i must go out . And if the cost is only hatred against me and even death
THEN STILL I HAVE ALL JOY . FOR JESUS IS MY JOY , MY HOPE AND MY SALVATION . BUT to conform to these churches and this world
NOPE . I had rather die first . But dont be discouraged my friend . REJOICE WITH ME INSTEAD .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No worries, we don't need to hash through it.

:)

I think this is where people get it wrong about our unity. We don't have to believe the same thing about every last detail. I've got this feeling that if we were at the same potluck, or serving side by side, we'd be brothers in every sense!

I think the Bible itself is written in such a way as to show us the pattern of assuming the one who says they believe, that they do. We encourage, promote, and warn, but without judging.

But in reaching definitions, I have to leave my perceptions alone, since I don't always know what I'm seeing.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Bible itself is written in such a way as to show us the pattern of assuming the one who says they believe, that they do. We encourage, promote, and warn, but without judging.
This is beautiful stuff!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Addy @marks @Blood Bought 1953 @Ferris Bueller @Grailhunter @NewMusic @amigo de christo @Michiah-Imla @charity
@Christophany

For what it's worth, I don't subscribe to the doctrine of eternal security. I don't believe the Bible teaches it.

However, I believe that people who profess Christianity have a perfect right to believe in the doctrine and I accept them as brethren, not bound to give up the faith and be ultimately lost as a result.
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
Barney I tell you what...
I am truly multi-denominational...and truly tolerant of differing beliefs.
I was raised Catholic and Southern Baptist....WOW...mom Catholic...dad Southern Baptist. I will admit a special connection to the Holy Ghost churches, but I spend time in non-denominational churches and little Bethel Churches. Bottom line I like churches.

I also agree with you that people have the right to believe in eternal security....I take exception to the promulgation of beliefs that can ruin lives and lead people to hell. And I have no fantasy about changing their mind. I writing and opposing them to save others.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I know is that if I did not believe that GOD loved me enough to keep me saved... I would NOT bother... I would simply commit suicide...
It is this promise from GOD that keeps me here.... That HE will finish within me what HE has begun ... which is a good work.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed... I have a simple mind... and I strive to live in peace... I am kind and loving to those in my life... but mostly... I love the Lord with all my heart... HE is my very breath... I cannot live without HIM... HE sustains me... and HE is my only HOPE.

This WAR that is going on... the arguing and debating about whether or not a BELIEVER can lose their salvation is something I will never be able to contend within my mind or heart.

I have been in the presence of people who subscribe to this belief of LOSING one's salvation... and all I can say... is that whatever they HAD... I did NOT want.

I have placed all my eggs in the basket of TRUSTING that God will preserve me... and not only that... HE will heal me... redeem me and SAVE me.

People confuse me... they overwhelm me... and many times they offend me... God knows this about me... and so for me... I have to keep it simple.

I CHOOSE to believe that I cannot lose my salvation... nor can any other BLOOD BOUGHT child of God.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, thanks so much for the "right to believe God's Word!" So WHICH Of HIS 12 DOZEN Scriptures are your "promulgation of beliefs that can ruin lives and lead people to hell"?:

I am going to respond, but I am not sure what you are getting at.
Let me make my own question and if that is not it you can clarify.

Grailhunter, what do you have against OSAS?
Some people come to Christianity with broken lives and sinful lifestyles and they really do not know that much about the Bible or Christianity. And if they meet these OSAS people that have this weird form of repentance and are told that they do not have to change and can continue to living their sinful lifestyle. And that they are guaranteed heaven no matter what horrible sins they commit. And on top of that they do not have to repent their sins during there lives....They are in for a horrible surprise on Judgment Day. Beside that these people's lives remain in the gutter, living a life of sin...and then the children that are involved are along for the ride.

What they propose is that heaven will be full of those of horrible character and every manner of sin will live eternally with good people and God. Is it that God and good people are going to have move out of heaven? Are we going to be condemned to live with every manner of evil for all eternity? Excuse me, but I think that describes hell.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here is talking about losing their salvation...saved is saved and Christian are always Christians. So no one loses their salvation. But on Judgment Day Christians can be judged to hell. Heaven will not be full of evil.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the reason they make that argument comes from the scripture(s) referring to their works being burned up like wood, hay, stubble, etc., but still saved by fire. I cannot recall where that verse is at the moment.
1 Corinthians 3:12-13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works that get burned up are works of the flesh, not the Spirit. Only the works of the Spirit will survive that fire and be eternal.
In context, the work that gets burned up are the building blocks you labored to put in the building of God, and the plantings you planted in the field of God. If what (who) you planted in the field of God and built into the building of God prove to be nothing more than hay, wood, and stubble, and as a result get burned up in the judgment, you will have no reward for your labor. For the people you successfully lead into the kingdom of God are your reward (1 Thessalonians 2:19). They can't be your reward when Jesus comes back if they don't make it through the judgment to be that reward. So each man should be careful how he builds!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't subscribe to the doctrine of eternal security.
I do. Just not the way OSAS defines it.
You are eternally secure as long as you keep believing. God's salvation will never fail or come to an end because Christ's Ministry and Sacrifice is perfect and complete and everlasting (unlike the Levitical ministry and sacrifice). You can't have the benefit of a perfect and everlasting Ministry and Sacrifice that you stop believing in. That's why we are told to hold fast to it in faith:

"Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest...let us hold firmly to what we profess. " Hebrews 4:14

"By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you." 1 Corinthians 15:2

"...let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father." 1 John 2:24

Reactions: NewMusic