Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purposely and willingly and unrepentantly living a habitual sinful lifestyle. You know, the mindset of life you led before you got born again.

That's a circular argument because that person is not saved in the first place based on scriptural requirement so you have a non argument to begin with.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 is Calvinist theology. #2 is Arminian theology. Minus the details of both, of course.

#3 is Hypergrace/ Freegrace theology and is so easily dismissed by plain scripture it's hard to believe so many in the church are letting their ears be tickled by it. It's based on a fundamental ignorance of scripture. That is the condition of the church these days—extremely ignorant of scripture and dependent on so-called teachers to tell them what's in scripture and what it means.

Like I said, fundamentally and fatally flawed defective understanding

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #45
If the man Believes Paul’s Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 He is Saved.....case closed...

Wrong.

Case open!

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;" (Colossians 1:21-23)

“if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27)

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term 'backsliding' comes from scripture. And I do not believe it means backslidden from a state of literal sinless perfection.

No, it does not and only an English translation could so what verse is this term in?

What Greek or Hebrew term equals backsliding?

You are making up non sequitur legalistic arguments that contradict themselves and implode on their own lack of support as you go along

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convict the gainsayers. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers" (Titus 1:9-10)

Indeed there are!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are all coming to a knowledge of the truth. Anyone who says that the bible is not God's word is not listened to. Having said that...
I see online so much vitriol against things like Lonnie Frisbee, the Jesus people, The Vineyard, etc.
These groups draw from the hippies, gays, addicts, the broken, the outcasts of society.
Look at the harvest that God has brought globally through these groups. The Vineyard has a church in Beirut!
None of us have perfect doctrine and none of us are fully healed or free!
What do I have to say about all this? We'll see what's what on judgement day.
God's law of love (1 Corinthians 13), not doctrine, will unite us. Otherwise, why are there 40,000 + denominations?

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once climbed up a mountain. When I was near the top, I turned and was amazed at what I saw. Stretched out for miles before me were forests, lakes, prairie, and rolling hills. The air was thin and crisp. What a view!
We'd spent hours plodding through trees and rocks, bogs and bush. Thankfully, my brother had been this way before and knew the way.
Otherwise, not only would I have not found my way, I'd have had a hard time imagining that such a vista existed or that I could've ever hoped to see it. The good Lord had made it all for me, but to see it, I had to first make the effort to get up the mountain.
This required faith.
The sides of the mountain we are climbing consist of talus slopes. That means there are a multitude of loose stones underfoot. You cannot stop walking forward because to stand still is to slide backward. Keep moving toward the top [the Light] until you hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant"!

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The sides of the mountain we are climbing consist of talus slopes. That means there are a multitude of loose stones underfoot. You cannot stop walking forward because to stand still is to slide backward. Keep moving toward the top [the Light] until you hear Him say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant"!
Like a salmon swimming upstream against the current. They'll take a breather in a current break, but get back at it in due time.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every person that stands before Jesus will be a Sinner—- some will be redeemed because of their Faith in Jesus and others will not.....sin ain’t gonna be the deciding factor of whether you go to Heaven or Hell.....

The Hell- Bound will not be hearing, “Depart From me because You Sinned too much and therefore must go to Hell”.....We ALL have sinned too much to merit Heaven.....once again , that ain’t the issue

Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
(1 Thessalonians 5:22-24)

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12)​

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure I can relate to this. I'd have to think about it. I relate more to my outer man being more where the process is taking place.
If the inner man is changed , the heart , the inside , the actions are made manifest . Ye shall know them by their fruits .
Let the KING be praised .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will never understand these SIN POLICE...as though they are above it all.... GOOD GRIEF!!! Wake up people... WE are all sinners... and we will remain sinners until we are GLORIFIED.... it's part of living in a fallen world... GOD does deal with sin... HE is never slumbering... but How HE sees us is very different that how we seem to enjoy seeing each other.

If you think you are better than the drunk down the street... YOU have a problem... it's called PRIDE... and that is NOT a good thing...

WE are ALL saved by HIS GRACE.... and just because someone learns to dance a pretty dance does not make them better.
Paul was the one who said let it not once be named . And if any brother or sister does such things not to eat with such a one .
HE , as in paul , had that one man cast out of the church . He , as in paul had two others delivered over unto satan
so they would LEARN not to blaspheme . Heck , it sounds like paul was massive on being sin police . WAS HE WRONG . exactly .
WE do as we do for the love of the peoples . But most churches have adopted the stance correct not
just hug and say all is well . LOOK at how that has worked out over the last twenty years . Them churches have leavened full .
As paul , or sin police as you say , once said , PURGE THE OLD LEAVEN OUT . Dont you know a little leaven will leaven the whole lump .
The problem is many have been lulled to sleep with a distraction that has led to churches falling away .

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said REBUKE them sharply that others may fear , that they may be SOUND in the faith .
Sin police paul said that . As for me , i stick with what the apostels taught .

Reactions: jessiblue

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so confused by your legalistic mumbo jumbo that you have lost sight of what Scripture actually says and means
What is it about "I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God" (Galatians 5:21) that you think I'm confused about? If you say it doesn't really mean what it says then it's obvious that you are the one who has "lost sight of what scripture actually says and means."

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You need a learning annex on how to do a full and proper translation. That's a lot more than using a dictionary.

To start with you are confusing the English usage of backsliding conversationally with the SW Asian cultural concept of "turning away".

When they "turn away" (as the context of the word) thats virtually a complete repudiation of a concept (literally abandoning)- That's what Paul is talking about.

You don't know what you don't know