Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, and he hated Jews and said they should be killed. Was that before or after his conversion from being a Catholic to being a Protester? I'm curious.
How flawless does a person have to become to be perfect in the eyes of God? David was called a man after God own heart and the apple of His eye in scripture, but did he ever line up with the one man, one woman marriage defined by Jesus himself? He did have several wives simultaneously, did he not?

Perhaps he was simply perfect in his intentions and in his repentance when he became aware of the need. Do all of us even know what we need to fix or have fixed in ourselves? How far will we make it before we run out of time?

What was it that David said in advising his son Solomon?

"And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever." I Chron 28:9

We know that Solomon really blew it toward his end, but not so David...!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st Peter 1:2 According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you.

One of the scriptures that point to the fact that obeying Christ goes hand in hand with sanctification. Set one's self a side for the Good work of Christ.

Reactions: BarneyFife

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm…some in the second resurrection will die again. They are raised after having died a physical death and then judgement and then a second death.
One question seldom answered by many is when was the first resurrection?

Was it when Jesus resurrected in his dead flesh... or was it when you or me were brought to Life for the first time when we believed in Him and the Holy Ghost quickened a new man within us?

Jesus clearly, [to me clearly] said that unbelievers are dead:

"And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:21-22

If they never have lived then they will not be part of any second death. They were born dead as we all were. The ones to suffer the second death as I see it must be those who have been born again and then looked back like Lot's wife or who like dogs turned back to consume their own vomit.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't recall all of the details, but I remember the following event described by Corrie Ten Boom the Dutch lady who in WWII was placed in a Nazi concentration for harboring Jewish refugees.

After the war was over she became a world traveling minister of the gospel. She had been many places always trusting in God to supply her needs.

She had been many places but never yet to the Russia. and that would be her most expensive trip to date. So as offerings came in she deposited them into her bank account so that when the scheduled time for the trip to Russia arrived she would have all the money she needed.

Just a few days before her departure God told her very definitely to give all of her money to another ministry in the United States that needed it badly. She did so knowing that without it she would have to cancel her trip to Russia. She had been sure it was His will for her to go to Russia...

I believe it was one or two days before she was to leave a unexpected check arrived in the mail in exactly the amount required to cover her travel expenses to Russia. She made her trip.

God is still here and working His work for us and through us...He knows what we need and when!
Back in '97, my family and I were relocating by faith 1000 miles north from Mobile, Alabama, so my wife could go to school where we believed God had willed. We were in the process of getting a trailer hitch installed on our vehicle. While killing some time, we ran into a young man whose brother was supposed to meet him to buy him an $80 bus ticket to visit his dying grandmother in Birmingham but hadn't showed up yet, and time was quickly running out. We were on a very tight budget for the move, but we just couldn't leave that boy stranded. We bought the ticket, gave it to him, and said goodbye after praying with him. We then went back to pick up our vehicle, only to find that a mistake had been made in the estimate for the installation. An $80 mistake in our favor. I've got dozens of stories like this. You can't out-give God. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in '97, my family and I were relocating by faith 1000 miles north from Mobile, Alabama, so my wife could go to school where we believed God had willed. We were in the process of getting a trailer hitch installed on our vehicle. While killing some time, we ran into a young man whose brother was supposed to meet him to buy him an $80 bus ticket to visit his dying grandmother in Birmingham but hadn't showed up yet, and time was quickly running out. We were on a very tight budget for the move, but we just couldn't leave that boy stranded. We bought the ticket, gave it to him, and said goodbye after praying with him. We then went back to pick up our vehicle, only to find that a mistake had been made in the estimate for the installation. An $80 mistake in our favor. I've got dozens of stories like this. You can't out-give God. :)
Amen! That is our God.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is it does not matter whether if it is Christ, Paul, John, or Peter...the message....the Gospel is be good and do good.

If a man is good and does good, God will bless his life here on Earth.....Ghandi was a man that lived good....
He is Hell tonight because he did not turn to God as a Lost Sinner who needed a Savior and put His Trust in Jesus death and resurrection to save him....

The Gospel is “good news” because the Gospel is all about what God has done for Lost Sinful men—- NOT what man does for God.....

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David's heart was towards God alone. The other kings were compared to David, in whether or not they went after other gods.

Much love!
I gotcha. I forgot we were talking about perfection. Could Bathsheba be considered an idol that David had set up? :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth is it does not matter whether if it is Christ, Paul, John, or Peter...the message....the Gospel is be good and do good.

If a man is good and does good, God will bless his life here on Earth.....Ghandi was a man that lived good....
He is Hell tonight because he did not turn to God as a Lost Sinner who needed a Savior and put His Trust in Jesus death and resurrection to save him....

The Gospel is “good news” because the Gospel is all about what God has done for Lost Sinful men—- NOT what man does for God.....

Do you have an attention span disorder. See notes # 1, 2, and 3. Buuuuut number three...LOL Christ says that not doing good can get you to hell. Matthew 25:46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”... Let me help you there with the reading comprehension of this, Christ....He is God, in case you did not catch on to that....says that those that did not do good for others will go away into eternal punishment...that maybe hard for you to comprehend but...that means hell fire eternal. Then Christ...ya know the Son of God, He says that the righteous will go on to eternal life....now in case if you don't know it, that is heaven. And the righteous, in this example were those that did good for others.....I know the parable of the Sheep and Goats is a long read...but try to focus. Maybe you are getting Christ mixed up with Buddha, but no that is incorrect.

Now if you need any more help understanding scriptures, let me know. Below I picked a short one so it would not task your ability to read or go past your attention span.

Hebrews 13:16
And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

We are discussing theology and Christians beliefs. This particular topic can ruin lives and lead people to hell so it gets serious.

1..No one is saying that being good and doing good has anything do with being initially saved, everyone agrees that, that is through Christ.

2..No one here is saying that being good and doing good justifies us, it all about the biblical requirement to be obedience to Christ.

3..No one is saying that good deeds is what gets you to heaven.

4..I am saying that being good and doing good is what Christians are repeatedly told to do. Being good and doing good is obedience to Christ. I mean really, what is the alternative that is being proposed here by some.

5..I am saying that sinful lifestyles can lead to hell...whether they believe in Christ or not.

6..I am not saying that sinful lifestyles cannot be forgiven. Even towards the end someone that has committed the worst of horrible sins or a sinful lifestyle can repent and be forgiven. That is all depends on sincerity and Christ will know the intentions and truths of the heart and will judge according. But that is Christ's choice to send that Christian to heaven or hell. I do contend that a change of heart at the last minute and expecting forgiveness is very risky, because, could someone like Hitler or serial killers change their character in that last few moments of their life? Not saying I know, but I would debate it.

7..I am saying that repentance is required to be initially saved. That repentance is not only acknowledging that you have sinned but a commitment to obey and be good and do good....the best you can. Salvation was not designed for perfection. Then after one is saved and commits sins, that repentance is required to get those sins forgiven. Again a commitment not to keep doing the same sin over and over again. It is not wrong for Christ to expect us to learn from our mistakes...we maybe slow learners but...

8..No one here is saying that you have to be perfect to go to heaven.

9..Then again, heaven is not going to be full of evildoers.

10..No one is saying that being good and doing good is salvation. It is obedience to Christ.

11..And the Bible says over and over again that we should obey Christ and our deeds will be judged, come Judgment Day.

12..Alternatively sins can lead to hell, particularly lifestyle sins because you cannot repent for something you intend to do or even continue to do. You cannot play Christ for a fool. You cannot con Christ, he know the heart and the intent.

13..I do contend that your average Christian will show up on Judgment Day and pass with flying colors.

14..In regard to sins, what is being discussed here is mostly lifestyle sins.

15..No one is saying that there is a biblical requirement to ask forgiveness for every sin or to remember every sin. Just ask forgiveness in one of your daily prayers.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gotcha. I forgot we were talking about perfection. Could Bathsheba be considered an idol that David had set up? :)
I imagine some do consider that so . . .

This was what I had in mind,

1 Kings 11:4 KJV
For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have an attention span disorder. See notes # 1, 2, and 3. Buuuuut number three...LOL Christ says that not doing good can get you to hell. Matthew 25:46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”... Let me help you there with the reading comprehension of this, Christ....He is God, in case you did not catch on to that....says that those that did not do good for others will go away into eternal punishment...that maybe hard for you to comprehend but...that means hell fire eternal. Then Christ...ya know the Son of God, He says that the righteous will go on to eternal life....now in case if you don't know it, that is heaven. And the righteous, in this example were those that did good for others.....I know the parable of the Sheep and Goats is a long read...but try to focus. Maybe you are getting Christ mixed up with Buddha, but no that is incorrect.

Now if you need any more help understanding scriptures, let me know. Below I picked a short one so it would not task your ability to read or go past your attention span.

Hebrews 13:16
And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

We are discussing theology and Christians beliefs. This particular topic can ruin lives and lead people to hell so it gets serious.

1..No one is saying that being good and doing good has anything do with being initially saved, everyone agrees that, that is through Christ.

2..No one here is saying that being good and doing good justifies us, it all about the biblical requirement to be obedience to Christ.

3..No one is saying that good deeds is what gets you to heaven.

4..I am saying that being good and doing good is what Christians are repeatedly told to do. Being good and doing good is obedience to Christ. I mean really, what is the alternative that is being proposed here by some.

5..I am saying that sinful lifestyles can lead to hell...whether they believe in Christ or not.

6..I am not saying that sinful lifestyles cannot be forgiven. Even towards the end someone that has committed the worst of horrible sins or a sinful lifestyle can repent and be forgiven. That is all depends on sincerity and Christ will know the intentions and truths of the heart and will judge according. But that is Christ's choice to send that Christian to heaven or hell. I do contend that a change of heart at the last minute and expecting forgiveness is very risky, because, could someone like Hitler or serial killers change their character in that last few moments of their life? Not saying I know, but I would debate it.

7..I am saying that repentance is required to be initially saved. That repentance is not only acknowledging that you have sinned but a commitment to obey and be good and do good....the best you can. Salvation was not designed for perfection. Then after one is saved and commits sins, that repentance is required to get those sins forgiven. Again a commitment not to keep doing the same sin over and over again. It is not wrong for Christ to expect us to learn from our mistakes...we maybe slow learners but...

8..No one here is saying that you have to be perfect to go to heaven.

9..Then again, heaven is not going to be full of evildoers.

10..No one is saying that being good and doing good is salvation. It is obedience to Christ.

11..And the Bible says over and over again that we should obey Christ and our deeds will be judged, come Judgment Day.

12..Alternatively sins can lead to hell, particularly lifestyle sins because you cannot repent for something you intend to do or even continue to do. You cannot play Christ for a fool. You cannot con Christ, he know the heart and the intent.

13..I do contend that your average Christian will show up on Judgment Day and pass with flying colors.

14..In regard to sins, what is being discussed here is mostly lifestyle sins.

15..No one is saying that there is a biblical requirement to ask forgiveness for every sin or to remember every sin. Just ask forgiveness in one of your daily prayers.
Where in all of this is simply being a child of God? That He is your Father, Jesus is your Brother, and you are family? That you live a life shared with God?

Personal communion with our Creator?

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in all of this is simply being a child of God? That He is your Father, Jesus is your Brother, and you are family? That you live a life shared with God?

Personal communion with our Creator?

No...I am thinking the scriptures will do for now.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you were cruel to him that way, too.

Nice to see how all of your sympathy is extended to the man Damned by God for Teaching a False Gospel. “ If any man preach a different gospel than the one that we preached.......let him be “ Accursed”..... that’s a nice way to say Damned by God......The man preached that one has to repent of ALL of their sins before they die or they will go to Hell—— it’s a “ Different Gospel” .....Take your Problem up with God....You May want to check with Him to see if “YOU” are “Accursed”..... you push a False Gospel also....it’s called “ Lucky Repentance”,though you try to deny it....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had better reading comprehension skills you'd know that what I'm challenging is how, you say, God changes you. This is why I think you only have a text book relationship with God, not actual experience. I'm not saying you're not saved. I'm saying you don't seem to have a lot of hands-on experience with the matters you want to teach about.

With all due respect....you don’t know what you are talking about......you would not BELIEVE the things God has showed me ....things I know that I should not tell to anybody.....not even my wife or daughter.....they are too precious and too miraculous .....Anybody that thinks God is remote and will not actually “show His hand” to people is VERY mistaken...Do you think “ Seeing the Light” is just an expression? It ain’t. I’ve Seen it.Ive felt it.Unbelievable.

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 12:15-17

15See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God, and that no root of bitterness springs up to cause trouble and defile many. 16See to it that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his birthright. 17For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected. He could find no ground for repentance, though he sought the blessing with tears.
Now what were you saying about falling from grace not meaning "Sinning or entering unbelief"?

Apples and oranges.....

“ You who are trying to be “ made right” with God By trying to Keep The Law are severed from Christ....you are Fallen From Grace” Gal 5:4.....