Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953 , I don't teach a works gospel. I teach Romans 4:5 AND James 2:24. The problem is, you do not know what James 2:24 means and so you think he, and I, teach a works gospel. This is the crux of your problem. You do not believe James. You do not believe James because you do not understand what James is teaching.

Lol.....I understand EXACTLY what James is teaching and he is in agreement with Paul.....even though it may be hard to see upon first glance.....been down this road too many times...I am bored with it and it has nothing to do with the OP...

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953 , I don't teach a works gospel. I teach Romans 4:5 AND James 2:24. The problem is, you do not know what James 2:24 means and so you think he, and I, teach a works gospel. This is the crux of your problem. You do not believe James. You do not believe James because you do not understand what James is teaching.

Is James Teaching that you go to Hell if you commit a Willful Sin and don't repent of it before you die? I am not concerned with James 2:24 right now.....that’s a different topic....a different thread...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s what I used to think too. I accused and severely castigated myself every day for all my murders and resentments. I got up every morning and set about trying to finally have a day where I could get rid of my putridness. I ended each day in tears of failure.

I lived that way for many years. Then I returned to trusting God and turned away from that miserable hamster wheel.

cease all striving and know that I am God.

We must do what Jesus commands us to do.....this side of the Cross, Jesus left His Followers with only TWO Commands......#1 Believe. #2 Love
Concentrate on just those two commands and watch everything else take care of itself...

Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh a man after my wn heart who enjoys golf. Once upon a time about 15 years ago I played 5-7 days a week weather permitting. I got bit hard and began playing when I was 40. I was always a real good athlete and very competitive so as you know a person can never master the game its always something we work at to improve. I use to fish allot as well but I set fishing aside for golf. Now I fish once and a while and the same with golf. I still enjoy both but do not get out much these days to enjoy them.

I play almost every day! Been playing about thirty years....ain’t learned a thing....me and the guys I play with all stink....we KNOW we stink....we ADMIT that we stink and Couldn’t care Less that we stink.....we are out there to have FUN and boy, do we accomplish it!

My last round was so bad , I was four over par even before I got my golf ball out of the ball washer! Lol.....

Reactions: ChristisGod

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the point for this discussion is you had to come back in order to be saved. Yes, God pursued you, and so was 'with you' that way, but I think it wrong to think that meant you were saved during that time. Had you died in your unbelief (if that was actually the condition you were in) you would have died in an unsaved state and would not be saved when Jesus returns.

Sez you......

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off Christians don't worry about "the Law"
Secondly you do not do a whole lot of reading, do you?

1st Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God,

John 14:23 "Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."'

Just a couple scriptures....I don't want to overwhelm you.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's when you don't care about and reject the forgiveness of sin you have received and you sin willfully, without thought, without struggle. The dangerous part about it being that you somehow think you still have that forgiveness (or ever had it), even though your willful sinning is the evidence you have rejected it.

That's what's so dangerous about the Hyper Grace gospel. Many of these people think they are saved living in their purposeful, willful sinning (because salvation is not by works) when the fact is they are not saved at all. The absence of God's grace in a changed/changing life testifying to that fact. The person who is justified according to Romans 4:6 MUST also have the justification of James 2:24, not because works earn salvation, but because the presence of the faith that justifies all by itself apart from works is the faith that will not be alone. Even Martin Luther said this! Hyper Grace theology rejects that teaching.

I not only don’t reject it....I will go farther .....the ONLY reason God ever saved ANYBODY was so that could go on to good works and “ carry the burdens of others”....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it doesn't really matter so much. But I found it interesting. They say he had quite a beer habit, as well. I guess I'm just gossiping. Whatever the case, there's no denying his immense contribution to the cause of reform. :)

The water was not fit to drink....everybody drank beer....

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must do what Jesus commands us to do.....this side of the Cross, Jesus left His Followers with only TWO Commands......#1 Believe. #2 Love
Concentrate on just those two commands and watch everything else take care of itself...

Definitely a short sighted perception of the New Testament.
Let me guess, you think the New Testament is about sin and sin some more and go to heaven.
And love God and love each other is not relevant to obeying everything else in the New Testament.
And I have pointed this out to you before....the two commandments you are talking about was Christ talking to Jews about Judaism...He sums up the Mosaic Law by saying....on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Reading comprehension! Focus!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally flawless. And since none can achieve that God imputes righteousness to the one who believes on the Savior. But that is only the beginning of the story.

1st John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Salvation is designed for the flawed.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, that’s one of my struggles. It’s double mindedness I think. It’s also seen in exodus. They trusted He would save them and then proceeded to not trust Him for anything else. So He eventually lost patience. He was not happy that they didn’t continue in trust.

So don’t we do the same thing they did? Trust Him to save us but then don’t trust Him for provision. It’s the same exact thing.

It ain’t just “ provision” .....God tests us today just as he tested the ancient Jews...The entire story of the Journey Of The Jews is an analogy for us to learn from....Like us, they were Saved by the Blood Of The Lamb ( the literal lambs Blood put on their doors, in the shape of a cross, as it so happens) and the had the chance to enter the Land Of Milk and Honey....that Land was possessed by fearsome enemies, but God Promised that he would drive them all out andcall they had to do was go in....they would freely get what their enemies had built....houses, barns, you name it! They would have had it made....

The problem was that they did not trust God to keep His Word.....God Found them guilty of “ disobedience and Unbelief....they spent the remainder of their years slowly rotting away and finally dieing in the desert.....

How does this pertain to us today?Where is the analogy? Those today that are Saved by the Blood of Jesus are going to be tested to see if they believe that God will keep His Word....If you do not REST in Paul’s Gospel , there will “BE” no rest ! Your Christian existence will be a beggarly one , full of anxiety and lack of assurance that leads to a life of No real peace....Your Christian life will be a Wilderness one....bereft Of blessings.....no real Joy....

Those that trust God and Rest in His Gospel Of Pure Grace That actually BELIEVE that His Son “ Died for your Sins” and know that they are Eternally Secure because of what He did “ FOR” us, and therefore have no need to ADD to the Gospel —- Those Believers enter “ The Land Of Promise” and God rewards them with Joy, Peace and total Assurance that they are going to be with God Forever....You are “ IN” a present day Land Of Milk and Honey....

If , as the Gospel proclaims, Jesus died for ALL of your sins if you believe He did it for YOU....what sins remain that you could be condemned for? None.Believe the Gospel and get your Rest—- don’t die a Spiritual Wilderness Death.....

It’s-possible to be “ Saved” yet miserable, or you can be “ Saved” and get All Of God’s blessings—- here on Earth....( and get bigger and better “ Crowns” in Heaven).... it’s a win- win....don't miss out by your unbelief in God's Promises.... God bless....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off Christians don't worry about "the Law"
Secondly you do not do a whole lot of reading, do you?

1st Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God,

John 14:23 "Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."'

Just a couple scriptures....I don't want to overwhelm you.

You are all Heart! Thanks !

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you have very good insight into the matter.

It is the same thing. And God remained faithful. What they didn't do was go back to Egypt. Yes, there's more to the story than that, but the point is there is a difference between whining in the desert in unfaithfulness, trudging toward the promises of God, and abandoning the promises altogether and going back to Egypt.

They could have gone back to Egypt to remind themselves how they were “ Saved by the Blood”, the Cross- Shaped BloodStains we’re still there....they were a defeated, miserable lot.....but they were STILL Saved by that Blood.....just like Grace- Haters of today might still be Saved if they ever put their Faith in the Blood Of The Lamb....