Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It certainly gives me great joy but it is no new discovery nor a surprise at all.

It just goes to show that the rest that comes from abiding in God's grace as a whole, while all-encompassing, is distinct from the admittedly subordinate, yet no less necessary rest that comes weekly via the fourth commandment provision, and if men called "Jews" needed it under the Old Covenant, then men today—who are no different in biological composition but have more stress and tension due to increasing evil—need it as much if not even more.

There seems to be a wildly ironic, comprehensive misunderstanding that a Christian lifestyle that includes weekly observance of the Sabbath day precludes the experience of appreciating the substitutionary atonement.

On the contrary, it simply cannot be overstated how essential the weekly Sabbath is to maintaining an awareness of the amazing grace of God that sustains and transforms life both physically and spiritually throughout the entire week.

As long as this presupposition prevails among Sabbath objectors there is likely to be little consensus among Christians who simply will not consider the religious implications of divinely-designed circaseptan biology and those whose consciences will afford them no such assumed luxury.

Even the scientific community is coming to recognize this and no amount of postmodern philosophy applied to traditional interpretations of Scripture will succeed in unseating it.

'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'
"is distinct from the admittedly subordinate, yet no less necessary rest"

Necessary??? for what?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not discussing this here any longer, Dave. At least, not for now. @Brakelite has something else in mind here, and I've derailed that long enough.
'

'

Keep in mind that anyone who thinks they can add the old to the NEW is in unbelief, religion and sin.
Because when you do, you are despising the only acceptable Righteousness of God thru JESUS Christ

"No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.
And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles."

Exodus 31:12-17 - "anyone who does any work on the Sabbath will be put to Death AND cut off from the Assembly"

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that anyone who thinks they can add the old to the NEW is in unbelief, religion and sin.
Because when you do, you are despising the only acceptable Righteousness of God thru JESUS Christ

"No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.
And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles."

Exodus 31:12-17 - "anyone who does any work on the Sabbath will be put to Death AND cut off from the Assembly"
Let us AVOID this last verse below................
But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
'

'

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Never bite His Hand that feeds you..........

Never argue against the NEW Covenant of Grace where the old has been done away with.

Never put NEW Wine in old wineskins or they burst.

Never go back to the old covenant which will only condemn the user.

Always place your trust in the 4th Commandment which is only in CHRIST

Always believe every word spoken by CHRIST = if you love me keep My commandments

CHRIST never told you to keep the law or to add it to His Salvation.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never bite His Hand that feeds you..........

Never argue against the NEW Covenant of Grace where the old has been done away with.

Never put NEW Wine in old wineskins or they burst.

Never go back to the old covenant which will only condemn the user.

Always place your trust in the 4th Commandment which is only in CHRIST

Always believe every word spoken by CHRIST = if you love me keep My commandments

CHRIST never told you to keep the law or to add it to His Salvation.
I'm a bit disappointed in the way you're persisting here. It doesn't seem very brotherly.
'

'

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a bit disappointed in the way you're persisting here. It doesn't seem very brotherly.
'

'
Barney, you know that when we speak to each other it is for our mutual edification.

i SEE no wrong and place no judgment on gathering on Saturday = i think it's great

The NEW Covenant, thru the Sufferings of CHRIST, has done away with the old letter of the law that brings death.

Saturday can never fulfill the Eternal REST that is only found in CHRIST.

Never place a day of the week above the LORD JESUS who suffered so GREAT that HE sweat great droplets of His Blood even before HE went to the Cross for our sins = HE is our REST.

Ephesians 2:14
For He Himself is our Peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the law of commandments contained in ordinances,
Those ordinances are the handwritings .--God wrote the 10 with His Finger.Deuteronomy 9:10, which says "And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; Moses wrote the ordinances" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;" Col 2:14, what stopped at the cross> Sacrifices--they were the the animals that were sacrificed--none of the Commandments were changed--Jesus magnified those, even the Sabbath--He showed the Pharisees how to keep it.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those ordinances are the handwritings .--God wrote the 10 with His Finger.Deuteronomy 9:10, which says "And the LORD delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; Moses wrote the ordinances" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;" Col 2:14, what stopped at the cross> Sacrifices--they were the the animals that were sacrificed--none of the Commandments were changed--Jesus magnified those, even the Sabbath--He showed the Pharisees how to keep it.
Good DAY Cassandra,

Cassandra - could you please find, in the Gospel, where the LORD Jesus Christ specifically said
that under the New Covenant we are to continue under saturday sabbath.

Special Note: The LORD magnified HIMSELF over the saturday sabbath

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, you know that when we speak to each other it is for our mutual edification.
I don't know this to always be the case at all, Dave.

You're being redundantly persistent, and I don't find that edifying at all.

Hopefully you're benefitting from it, somehow.

'

'

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know this to always be the case at all, Dave.

You're being redundantly persistent, and I don't find that edifying at all.

Hopefully you're benefitting from it, somehow.

'

'

When you observe the Gospel we SEE Christ fulfilling the law and then taking it with HIM to the Cross.
In the Apostles Letters you will see that the Holy Spirit is emphatically redundant in showing that Christ is the only Righteousness God will now accept AND against keeping the old law.

Matthew 5:17

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say to you David & Barney & Cassandra, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Can our righteousness EXCEED that of pharisees and saducees by keeping the law???

NOPE

God's Rememdy = CHRIST and CHRIST alone

Romans 3:21
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe

or

Death

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13“Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who [c]profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you observe the Gospel we SEE Christ fulfilling the law and then taking it with HIM to the Cross.
In the Apostles Letters you will see that the Holy Spirit is emphatically redundant in showing that Christ is the only Righteousness God will now accept AND against keeping the old law.

Matthew 5:17

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say to you David & Barney & Cassandra, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Can our righteousness EXCEED that of pharisees and saducees by keeping the law???

NOPE

God's Rememdy = CHRIST and CHRIST alone

But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe

or

Death

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13“Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who [c]profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”
:no reply:
'

'

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 15:5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ,
If I'm forced to put you on my -ignore- list, then I won't be able to see what you're saying when you're not behaving the way you are now, Dave.
'

'

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ,
If I'm forced to put you on my -ignore- list, then I won't be able to see what you're saying when you're not behaving the way you are now, Dave.
'

'
God does not place us on ignore.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience - 1 Peter 3:15

The Hope that is in David = "
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

That's a BIG 10:4 my Brother = from Romans

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true but you have not proved it.

The burden of proof is on the Saturday peoples to twist... er, I mean explain where in the New Testament we see the Lord and His Apostles teaching that Christians are limited to resting and worshiping just on Saturday.

We've been thru this over and over and sadly for the Saturday peoples... there are no instructions in the New Testament that says this.

They keep claiming everyone who does not have church on Saturday are living in sin... but they have nothing from the New Testament that teachers this because it's simply not there.

It is clear you have no rest. Your agitation about the Sabbath Commandment advertises it.
laughing2.gif
Project your false doctrine upon me all you want homie... it rolls off me like water of a ducks back! smile-grin12.gif

Christ never reiterated the 4th commandment in the GOSPEL except as it pertains to HIM.

The Apostles never reiterated the 4th commandment except to point to CHRIST.

The Saturday peoples are going to give you the left foot of fellowship if you keep talking like that. no-no-no.gif

Note: No one is saying that it is wrong to gather on a Saturday or Sunday or other.

The Saturday peoples certainly are!

They don't think you can be saved unless you have church on Saturday and most of them believe those having church on Sunday are servants of the ant--christ and are doomed to hell crazy.gif

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The burden of proof is on the Saturday peoples to twist... er, I mean explain where in the New Testament we see the Lord and His Apostles teaching that Christians are limited to resting and worshiping just on Saturday.

We've been thru this over and over and sadly for the Saturday peoples... there are no instructions in the New Testament that says this.

They keep claiming everyone who does not have church on Saturday are living in sin... but they have nothing from the New Testament that teachers this because it's simply not there.

View attachment 41733
Project your false doctrine upon me all you want homie... it rolls off me like water of a ducks back! View attachment 41734

The Saturday peoples are going to give you the left foot of fellowship if you keep talking like that. View attachment 41735

The Saturday peoples certainly are!

They don't think you can be saved unless you have church on Saturday and most of them believe those having church on Sunday are servants of the ant--christ and are doomed to hell View attachment 41736
They keep claiming everyone who does not have church on Saturday are living in sin...
They don't think you can be saved unless you have church on Saturday and most of them believe those having church on Sunday are servants of the ant--christ and are doomed to hell View attachment 41736

@Phoneman777 @BarneyFife @Brakelite @Cassandra

Is this True?
Do you believe that we Blood Washed Saints are in sin for not worshipping on Saturday???

Do you believe that Sunday gathering is sin???

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this True?
Do you believe that we Blood Washed Saints are in sin for not worshipping on Saturday???

Do you believe that Sunday gathering is sin???

And now.. you will see an exercise in double speak as they will say no they don't believe that.

But, if you get out on the net and search for SDA teachings, you'll find a lot of SDA peoples do actually teach this.

And the ones on this board will makes excuses claiming they cannot control with other SDA members teach as they claim to speak for their religious organization claiming they don't believe this.

But, in many of their posts they continually claim not observing Saturday sabbath is breaking God's commandment which is in fact claiming those that don't attend on Saturday are not obeying God's will which is claiming it is a sin.

So ultimately they contradict themselves by claiming not observing Saturday sabbath is breaking what they think is God's command applicable to New Covenant Christians... and then they'll turn around and say it's not a sin that causes one to not be saved.... so the Saturday peoples are confused concerning their own doctrine.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Challenge accepted:

"If ye love Me, keep My commandments". Jesus' 4th commandments says we're to work 6 days and rest on the Sabbath. See, no twisting needed at all.
Hebrews 4:9 Peshitta:

"It is therefore the duty of the people of God to KEEP THE SABBATH".
"He that sinneth transgresseth also the law, because sin is the transgression of the law".
View attachment 41733
Project your false doctrine upon me all you want homie... it rolls off me like water of a ducks back! View attachment 41734
I imagine the people who mocked Noah must have sounded a bit like you...until those dark thunderheads formed ranks and began marching across the sky in awful solemnity.

The only problem was that the door of the Ark had been shut 7 days and they didn't know they were already lost before the first drops began to fall.
I got new for you: Not a single person will be saved who fights against any of God's law - because obedience proves Christ is enthroned on the heart, while willful ignorance and stubborn defiance to God's law proves Christ is absent from the heart, no matter how high he may raise the praise in church.