Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and God tweaked the original covenant such that it was not written on stone but rather was writing on the flesh of their hearts. But other than that, it was basically the same covenant. God's covenantal condition in the refreshed Jer 31:31ff covenant is now based on the foundation that will come down out of heaven during the time of the kings and this foundational stone will become the greatest mountain in all of the world. God's prophetic word will be fulfilled.

Shalom
Thank You

The Ten commandments Remained = inside the LORD Jesus Christ who was the only Man that kept them = everyday.

By the Holy Spirit they are written on our hearts.

Believe what God said: "a New Covenant" - NOT according to the old, in the day He lead them out of Egypt'

The Gospel is the New Covenant = Christ is the Mediator = Who we follow and His commandments we Keep

Shalom Mishpocha

Reactions: covenantee

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and God tweaked the original covenant such that it was not written on stone but rather was writing on the flesh of their hearts. But other than that, it was basically the same covenant. God's covenantal condition in the refreshed Jer 31:31ff covenant is now based on the foundation that will come down out of heaven during the time of the kings and this foundational stone will become the greatest mountain in all of the world. God's prophetic word will be fulfilled.

Shalom

i do SEE and AGREE with you that there are similarities

The similarities are such because the 'old' was a foreshadow of the 'NEW'

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i do SEE and AGREE with you that there are similarities

The similarities are such because the 'old' was a foreshadow of the 'NEW'

Shalom

The similarities are with respect to Israel as the covenant that God pointed to back at the time of Mt Sinai is the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's possession among the Nations Covenant and this is the gist of the covenant that God will enter into in around 20 years' time with Israel after the nation repents for their continual idolatrous sins. God will renew/refresh the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's Possession among the nations Covenant with the nation of Israel.

Sadly, you are injecting Christ into the middle of this refreshed covenant as a condition for Israel to be a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and god's Possession among the nations.

God will also plant Israel in His fertile Field and teach Israel on the Mountain that will come down from Heaven as a foundation stone and becomes the largest mountain in all of the earth. God will also cleanse Israel by the sprinkling of water over them so that they can become a Kingdom of Priests. God has also promised them that He will remove the Beasts of Daniel 7 and Satan for 1,000 years so that there will be peace and no unholy interference for Israel or the peoples of the earth during this time.

However, Jesus did teach that at this present time that Satan is preparing his Good and faithful servants to be able to run interference to God's Everlasting Kingdom being established by the furbishing of them will "lots" of money to distract people from God's Everlasting Kingdom.

God really does know what he has to do and has asked us to be His watchers of His wonders that He is putting in place.

Shalom

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The similarities are with respect to Israel as the covenant that God pointed to back at the time of Mt Sinai is the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's possession among the Nations Covenant and this is the gist of the covenant that God will enter into in around 20 years' time with Israel after the nation repents for their continual idolatrous sins. God will renew/refresh the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and God's Possession among the nations Covenant with the nation of Israel.

Sadly, you are injecting Christ into the middle of this refreshed covenant as a condition for Israel to be a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and god's Possession among the nations.

God will also plant Israel in His fertile Field and teach Israel on the Mountain that will come down from Heaven as a foundation stone and becomes the largest mountain in all of the earth. God will also cleanse Israel by the sprinkling of water over them so that they can become a Kingdom of Priests. God has also promised them that He will remove the Beasts of Daniel 7 and Satan for 1,000 years so that there will be peace and no unholy interference for Israel or the peoples of the earth during this time.

However, Jesus did teach that at this present time that Satan is preparing his Good and faithful servants to be able to run interference to God's Everlasting Kingdom being established by the furbishing of them will "lots" of money to distract people from God's Everlasting Kingdom.

God really does know what he has to do and has asked us to be His watchers of His wonders that He is putting in place.

Shalom

Your comment here is not only sad but it shows that you do not even Know the Gospel.

Reactions: covenantee

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your comment here is not only sad but it shows that you do not even Know the Gospel.

It is sad that you have not carefully considered the full gist of what I had posted. What is the foundational statement that comes down out of heaven in around 20 years' time. Is it not that Jesus is the Son of God just as Jesus stated and recorded in he Gospels. Is not this what God will teach Israel after they repent of their continual idolatrous worship over the first 4 ages of their existence.

Christ was in the middle of what I had posted but I had expressed the Gospel in a very different manner to what you are expecting.

The descendants of Abraham will be a blessing to all of the people of the earth who inhabit His fertile soil/field.

What God is waiting for is for Israel to repent of the iniquities of their fathers and their iniquities as they followed their fathers example and continued the idolatrous idol worship like their fathers.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what he told Moses to tll the children of Israel. And if they didn't obey Moses they would die.

That's not the way Jesus told us though. He even showed us himself that it is good to do good even on the sabbath day.
Jesus was working everyday even on the sabbath.
We are told to have him as our example, not what God told Moses to tell Israel.

Look your at the crossroads and you have to decide which path your going to follow.
Your either going to go down the path with Moses or your going to go up the path with Jesus.

There is no other way.

Hugs
You do realize that "doing good" on Sabbath is not "working" on Sabbath, right? "Doing good" on the Sabbath is doing the "Father's business" on Sabbath - it's not work, or else Jesus could not have said that He kept My Father's commandments" in John 15:10 KJV.

Anyone who finds it burdensome to preach or teach or minister to others on Sabbath is not resting in Jesus on Sabbath or any other day of the week - however, those who cherish the Sabbath, calling it "a delight" and "honorable" and spend it "doing good" by medical missionary work or Gospel missionary work, etc., are truly "resting" in Jesus.

The command "thou shalt do no work" applies to REGULAR, ROUTINE, SECULAR work - and most are more worried about the consequences of not working on Sabbath rather than being concerned about disregarding what God wrote with His own finger in stone.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, God told us to listen to his son.
So we didn't put anyone before God, except God put his son before him.
You going to argue with God?

I never said it wasn't permissible. I said it simply wasn't a requirement for salvation. But you already know that. You just want to be argumentative.

You can keep whatever day you like. But God made one special for himself and shared it with the world.
This Day He called Light. Nowhere in the creation of days did God call the seventh day Sabbath. That was the name God gave to Moses to give to Israel.

Kind of like, by my name Jehovah they did not know me.
God didn't name the Day until they came out of Egypt. Which is a type of Christ freeing us from sin and death.
And God called him my son, in whom I am well pleased, and hear ye him.

But keep on listening to Moses if you want to.
I'm not jusging you, I'm just explaining why I don't keep one day. I keep The Day. Meaning I keep the Lord, not a day on a calendar that man made and changes and has totally messed it up adding days and months, and adding holidays that are all vanity.

What you going to do when you get to heaven and the calendar doesn't exist anymore. There are no days or weeks or months?
You gonna be lost. Start today. To Day is the Day of the Lord.
Psa 118:24
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

To Day.

And the Light God called Day.

Rev 22:5
And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

For the Lord God giveth you the Sabbath. For the Lord God giveth you the Light.
To Day if you will hear his voice...

Hugs
God made the Sabbath holy - no other day.

You claim "He worked on Sabbath so by that it's now permissible to work on Sabbath" and you also claim "He made everyday holy so if we can work the first six days, we can work on Sabbath"...which is it?

Neither - because you simply don't have a basis for doing either - John 15:10 says He kept His Father's commandments and John 14:15 says if we love Him, we'll keep them, as well.

The Sabbath is just as "holy" now as when He blessed it in Eden, and the first six days are just as "not holy" now as they were before He ended the week with the holy Sabbath. :)

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phoneman777 says: the REST in the LORD of the Sabbath is a doctrine of devils.........

i SEE that you are a undercover RCC Jesuit working as a SDA.
Jesus is our truth - can we lie?
Jesus is our faithfulness - can we commit adultery?
Jesus is our reward - can we now steal?
Jesus is our life - can we now murder?

So, what makes you think since Jesus is our rest, we can break the Sabbath commandment?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE - Anyone who denies that the Holy Spirit writes the Ten Commandments on the heart of New Covenant Christian (2 Corinthians 3:3 KJV; Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV) doesn't have a clue about the Gospel of the New Covenant, nor is he a member of it.

SAME as saying:

Anyone who promotes saturday sabbath as a New Covenant requirement from God, does not know the Gospel and what the LORD did for us. = Hebrews chapter 4

There is a Sabbath REST that God said if you do not walk in it, you will die in your sins = John ch8

When you find that REST you find Salvation and the Love of God = Matthew 11:25-30
No, what you said is the opposite. See, Jesus said when the angels look down from the kingdom of heaven and see people breaking the Sabbath and teaching others to do so, they shake their heads and call them "the least". That's right - "the least".

Worse than rapists.
Worse than serial killers.
Worse than child molestors.

If only the Antinomian crowd would just believe Jesus.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is our truth - can we lie?
Jesus is our faithfulness - can we commit adultery?
Jesus is our reward - can we now steal?
Jesus is our life - can we now murder?

So, what makes you think since Jesus is our rest, we can break the Sabbath commandment?
JESUS is our REST
What is the penalty for attempting to work on God's Sabbath? = Death

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, what you said is the opposite. See, Jesus said when the angels look down from the kingdom of heaven and see people breaking the Sabbath and teaching others to do so, they shake their heads and call them "the least". That's right - "the least".

Worse than rapists.
Worse than serial killers.
Worse than child molestors.

If only the Antinomian crowd would just believe Jesus.
JESUS broke the saturday sabbath.

You keep calling the LORD Jesus Christ a 'sinner'.

In your own words you call the LORD:
"Worse than rapists."
"Worse than serial killers."
"Worse than child molestors."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? - John 10:36
I don't - but those who "break any one of the least commandments and teach men so, the same shall be called the "least" (by those who are) in the kingdom of heaven - those in the kingdom are calling you guys "the least".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS broke the saturday sabbath.

You keep calling the LORD Jesus Christ a 'sinner'.

In your own words you call the LORD:
"Worse than rapists."
"Worse than serial killers."
"Worse than child molestors."
LOL

"I have kept My Father's commandments". - John 15:10.

Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying "Woe unto them that call good evil and evil good."

Reactions: Brakelite

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't - but those who "break any one of the least commandments and teach men so, the same shall be called the "least" (by those who are) in the kingdom of heaven - those in the kingdom are calling you guys "the least".
We, who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for our Complete Salvation, keep God's Sabbath REST.

Those who elevate a day of the week above the Holiness of God in Jesus Christ have 'missed the Boat'.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL

Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying "Woe unto them that call good evil and evil good."
You cannot keep the old covenant law and worship the Savior.

"Woe unto them that call good evil and evil good."

Galatians 5:4 - "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ!
You have fallen away from God’s grace."

"Woe unto them that call good evil and evil good."

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Saturday sabbath cannot you save you but God's Sabbath REST can and will if you turn to Him with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

There is a Death Penalty for anyone who seeks to establish their own righteousness before God.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it the negative changes on this country and its government seem to occur in California more than elsewhere?

Immigrant from Hong Kong becomes first non-US citizen appointed to San Francisco Election Commission​

A woman who doesn’t even have the ability to legally vote in the United States was sworn into San Francisco’s Elections Commission on Wednesday.

Northern California public news site KQED reported Thursday that Hong Kong immigrant Kelly Wong "is believed to be the first noncitizen appointed to the commission," after San Francisco passed a measure in 2020 removing the citizenship requirement to serve on city boards, commissions and advisory bodies.

Wong, an immigrant rights advocate who came to the U.S. from Hong Kong in 2019 to pursue a graduate degree, was sworn in at a ceremony in San Francisco City Hall.
(Full article:MSN. )

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS is our REST
What is the penalty for attempting to work on God's Sabbath? = Death
Jesus is our truth - can we now start lying?
Jesus is our reward - can we now start stealing?
Jesus is our faithfulness - can we now start sleeping with the neighbor's wife?

See, honest Christians seeking truth are watching you fail to address my "logic progression" of your ideas, and your credibility is fading fast...your only allies are those who harbor that same spirit of rebellion as you, friend.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL

Jesus is our truth - can we now start lying?
Jesus is our reward - can we now start stealing?
Jesus is our faithfulness - can we now start sleeping with the neighbor's wife?

See, honest Christians seeking truth are watching you fail to address my "logic progression" of your ideas, and your credibility is fading fast...your only allies are those who harbor that same spirit of rebellion as you, friend.
The REAL question:

JESUS is our REST -Will you stop working now on God's Sabbath REST? = Hebrews ch4

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

"Woe to those who call good evil and evil good"

Last edited: