Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not right to engage in witchcraft and start talking to spirits in a mirror View attachment 42085

It is sad that that is what you are doing when you begin make outlandish claims with no basis in those claims. It can be the only explanation of what you are doing to get so many things wrong in your posts.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hunger for righteousness - Philippians 3:7-11

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law,
but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Hunger for Rigtheousness - Romans 10:4 (amplified)

For Christ is the end of the law [it leads to Him and its purpose is fulfilled in Him], for [granting] righteousness to everyone who believes [in Him as Savior].

Hunger for Righteousness - Romans 3:21 (amplified)

But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed [independently and completely] apart from the Law, though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.

gotta go now
Ummm, your point being...

The Seventh Day Adventist church has been around for 180 years of thereabouts. Throughout that time the church has been challenged repeatedly on whether the Sabbath or the law is applicable to Christians. Which means for 180 years, the church, as a denomination, has studied and printed literally 100s nay, millions of books, pamphlets, journals, articles, and distributed them all around the world defending not just the Sabbath, but presenting the gospel as it is in Jesus. You @David , and you others in this conversation, have had more than ample opportunity to read, study, critique, and otherwise investigate our teachings to see if they are biblical, and if not, why not. But you haven't. You don't know if we are right or wrong, because you haven't read any of our material. How do I know this? Because you don't read our posts here either. How do I know that? Because you continue to call us liars, by impugning our motives and ridiculing our faith. You erect ridiculous straw men, accuse us of having those straw men as part of our fundamental beliefs, then calling us liars when we either show you what we truly do teach, or deceived when we show you the superficial shallow nature of your arguments. Do you really think Dave that Adventists don't believe those scriptures to be true? Do you really think that our beliefs contradict such basic Christian fundamentals that you speak of above?
What I said was truth. One must hunger and thirst for righteousness if one is to receive it. And all you can respond with is an empty assertion that accuses us, again, of using the law to attain righteousness, as opposed to the righteousness by faith that I, my church, and the scriptures teach. And if you don't think that righteousness, Christ's righteousness, which He imputed to those who accept His gift of justification, and imparts to those through the indwelling Spirit in sanctification, brings people's lives into harmony with the law... If you believe God cannot and does not accomplish such a thing in those who have the faith to believe, then you don't have the faith to enter the kingdom of God. If your faith doesn't extend to trusting in God's power to take away your sin... In this life... And make you holy, righteous, and obedient, then your faith is presumption.
Now if I only did good on saturday,
And here is a prime example of someone who is presuming to know what we believe, teach, and practise, without actually referencing any of the myriad examples of printed works over the last 160-180 years.
But you have fear. You are afraid you might offend God by not keeping one day
The sad truth my friend is the depth of deception you folk are under in not being afraid to willingly disobey one of God's Commandments.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God finished all his work which he created.
And on the seventh day God rested.
And he sent his son Jesus to finish the works which he had created.
God had work and Jesus had work.
God did his part, he created all that we see, touch, taste.. the elements. Laws.
Jesus was sent to put on the finishing touches. Grace and Truth.
And while Jesus worked His Father rested.

God rested in the knowledge and faith that His son would finish the works He gave him to do.

God rested in the son. God created this day to rest in. Jesus is the day. It is the Day of the Lord.
The seventh day Sabbath is Jesus Christ himself whom God gave to man for man to rest in.

Jhn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus never mentioned keeping the Sabbath, because he was keeping it by doing the work the Father gave him to do, So the Father himself could rest.. from the law.
What work did God cease from. Condemnation for those who sinned under the law by not keeping it, not keeping Him as their Lord and savior, but believing that they could save themselves through obedience to the law and not through faith in the lawgiver himself.

Just as God created the son for himself to rest in, and cease from his works. He gave us his son for us to rest in.
But this way was not made known to Moses or to Israel until the time of refeshing should come.

And for 6000 years man toiled and worked under the law according to their own righteousness.

But your own "right way" of doing things isn't necessarilly God's "right way" of doing things.

And the understanding and the wisdom and the knowledge of the truth and the grace of the Sabbath and all that was included in it, of the very life of Jesus, His sacrifice, and his ressurection, is all inclusive in that very seventh day that God created for him and us to rest in.

Your still following Moses. Moses is dead and gone. And so is the law of condemnation. It is finished.
If you don't keep the law, ye shall die in your sins.
The son says: If ye believe in me ye shall live and I will wipe away all your sins with my own blood.
I am the sacrifice for your sins, that you committed under the law.

Now if you return to the law and try to keep it through your own power, your own "right way" , then you are lost.
And this includes the sabbath day. Because you can't do the works Jesus did to fulfill it the way God intended it to be fulfilled.
Only Jesus could do that. Only Jesus could finish the Father's work.

Now we are told to finish the work that Jesus began. He finished his Father's work, Now we are to finish Jesus' work.

Jesus fulfilled the Sabbath day. And has become our Sabbath which God gave to man.
And we are to rest in him and the work he does through us.
It is our turn to tend the garden, plant, water, multiply the good fruit that is growing in us that Jesus planted in our hearts and minds.
These are the commandments of the Son of God that we must listen to. And not the laws which God gave to Moses which were only temporary until God sent us his son to follow.

Now you have the choice.
You can follow the dead man Moses and the law God gave to him.
Or
You can follow the living Son of God and the Grace and Truth which God gave to him.

You can not serve two masters.

It's either Moses or Jesus.
Not both.

If you are keeping the sabbath day, what you are saying is that the sacrifice God made to the world for our peace and our rest,
wasn't enough. You have to keep keeping it, because there is no other place to find peace and rest other than that carnal day of the week.
But the place of peace and rest that was given to those who believe is not carnal, it is spiritual. And it is To Day.
Whatever day of the week To Day falls on. Because the Sabbath was given to Moses as a carnal law.
Jesus Christ gave himself to us as spiritual Grace.

And if you are under the law, you are no longer under grace.
If you do the works of the law, then you are not living by grace.

God rested, and Jesus was given the torch.
He is the Light.
Follow Him.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 9:1
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Jhn 9:2
And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jhn 9:3
Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Jhn 9:4
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jhn 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
Jhn 9:6
When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
Jhn 9:7
And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
Jhn 9:8
The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?
Jhn 9:9
Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
Jhn 9:10
Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?
Jhn 9:11
He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.
Jhn 9:12
Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.
Jhn 9:13
They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.
Jhn 9:14
And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
Jhn 9:15
Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.
Jhn 9:16
Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Now what is it that those who keep the sabbath day preach to others concerning that day?
That they are not to work in it...

We are the children of the day and not of the night.

1Th 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7
For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10
Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1Th 5:11
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Mat 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, my dads been in the hospital for awhile now. Yesterday they was going to bring him to rehab. When I went to the rehab yesterday morning, my dad had had a stroke right before I got there.

I came to the forum last night and I asked for prayers for my dad. And so many beautiful people gave me courage and hope.
I went to the hospital today and dad is doing much better. They moved him out of ICU and put him in a regular room.

On my way home there was a man hitchhiking. I thought about it, I really did, In todays world nothing is safe.
But I felt the Lord pulling me and he said help him out, it's cold out and he has a long walk home.
So I turned the car around, picked him up. Had a nice simple conversation and dropped him off at his destination.

I was greatful for the prayers, He was greatful for the ride.
It's what you do with everyday that matters that helps relieve other people from their burdens.
That is what the Sabbath is for.
God gives us rest and we aught to give others rest. Thats why we are called sons of God and not servants of God.
He has made us servants of others.

Now if I only did good on saturday, that man probably still be walking home at midnight. He had at least 20 miles to go.

I knew Jesus had my back, because I have faith that he won't lead me into anything or anywhere that he couldn't get me out of if needed.

But you have fear. You are afraid you might offend God by not keeping one day, when what he really wants is for you to keep Him HOLY.

KEEP HIM HOLY. KEEP HIM HOLY.
In your heart and mind and soul. Do the works he gave you to do and the commandment he gave.

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU.

It's so simple.. but people enjoy making everything so heavy.

Honour God by the way you Live your life. Not just one day, but everyday.

Hugs
Sorry to read about your dad, but praise God that he hasn't been more severely affected.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 9:1
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
Jhn 9:2
And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jhn 9:3
Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Jhn 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
Jhn 9:6
When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
Jhn 9:7
And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
Jhn 9:8
The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?
Jhn 9:9
Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
Jhn 9:10
Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?
Jhn 9:11
He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.
Jhn 9:12
Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.
Jhn 9:13
They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.
Jhn 9:14
And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
Jhn 9:15
Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.
Jhn 9:16
Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.
Can you actually not see that what was being taught here was not the nullification of the Sabbath, but that the Pharisees didn't have a clue as to how it should be properly kept? Really?
'
google-smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes-960d-mysmiley-net.png

'

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you actually not see that what was being taught here was not the nullification of the Sabbath, but that the Pharisees didn't have a clue as to how it should be properly kept? Really?
'

'
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying Barney.

The Sabbath was established in the Son. Jesus came to do the works that his Father rested from.
The Father said, I come this far, now it's your turn to finish.
And Paul says the same thing concerning his race to the finish line.

Col 1:21
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
Col 1:23
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Col 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
Col 1:25
Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
Col 1:26
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Col 1:27
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Col 1:28
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Col 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Jesus says: Do you believe in me?
Yes.
You are now clean and acceptable. There is nothing and no work that you can do of yourself that can make you more perfect than that which I have already done for you.
Now... go wash some feet and follow me. Walk like I walked, Love like I loved. Obey my voice. Listen to my commandments.
Let me work through you, so everything you do is according to my will. And you will never fail.
The will of God is that none should perish but have everlasting life.
And the work which is now set before us to do is to spread the Gospel of reconciliation and the forgiveness of sins.

Tit 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

It is God's mercy which saved us. No matter how righteous and law abiding every jot and tittle of the law.. that's not what saved man.
What saves us is His mercy for us.

This is incredibly deeper and more perfect than any work we could ever do to try and please him.
Our acceptance of His mercy is what pleases him.
Our faith in Him. Our Faith in his Son Jesus Christ.

We are on the same path, but the communication somehow is babelled lol

And I don't think that that's not on purpose. Because the more we disagree, the more we find the foundation is strong.
It's just the things we build upon that foundation remain or dissolve.

You see the Sabbath as a day to set aside according to how Moses was given that we should walk in it.
But Jesus came to show us a better way.
So the Sabbath is not now according to how God told Moses. It is now how God told Jesus.
And this is where the communication gap is.

If I am off course please correct me.

But that Sabbath day that God set aside for him to rest in... that day, that Holy Day... Jesus fulfilled it. He completed it.
Now it is up to us to trust in that work he did for us so that now we may enter in.

And if you have faith in his work for us, then you are now and ever present in that very Holy Day. You are living in it.

The Sabbath Day is the life, death and ressurection of God's Son Jesus Christ.
This IS that day.

And when we keep Jesus in our hearts and in our minds, always, then we are keeping that very day in our hearts and minds, always.
This is the law according to God written in our hearts and in our minds.

Mat 17:5
While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

He don't say listen to Moses my servant any more, He says, This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, hear ye him.

So hear what Jesus has to say about keeping the sabbath, or watch what he did on the sabbath. These things are what we are told to observe and keep by His Son.

Hugs Barney.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God finished all his work which he created.
And on the seventh day God rested.
And he sent his son Jesus to finish the works which he had created.
God had work and Jesus had work.
God did his part, he created all that we see, touch, taste.. the elements. Laws.
Jesus was sent to put on the finishing touches. Grace and Truth.
And while Jesus worked His Father rested.

God rested in the knowledge and faith that His son would finish the works He gave him to do.

God rested in the son. God created this day to rest in. Jesus is the day. It is the Day of the Lord.
The seventh day Sabbath is Jesus Christ himself whom God gave to man for man to rest in.

Jhn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus never mentioned keeping the Sabbath, because he was keeping it by doing the work the Father gave him to do, So the Father himself could rest.. from the law.
What work did God cease from. Condemnation for those who sinned under the law by not keeping it, not keeping Him as their Lord and savior, but believing that they could save themselves through obedience to the law and not through faith in the lawgiver himself.

Just as God created the son for himself to rest in, and cease from his works. He gave us his son for us to rest in.
But this way was not made known to Moses or to Israel until the time of refeshing should come.

And for 6000 years man toiled and worked under the law according to their own righteousness.

But your own "right way" of doing things isn't necessarilly God's "right way" of doing things.

And the understanding and the wisdom and the knowledge of the truth and the grace of the Sabbath and all that was included in it, of the very life of Jesus, His sacrifice, and his ressurection, is all inclusive in that very seventh day that God created for him and us to rest in.

Your still following Moses. Moses is dead and gone. And so is the law of condemnation. It is finished.
If you don't keep the law, ye shall die in your sins.
The son says: If ye believe in me ye shall live and I will wipe away all your sins with my own blood.
I am the sacrifice for your sins, that you committed under the law.

Now if you return to the law and try to keep it through your own power, your own "right way" , then you are lost.
And this includes the sabbath day. Because you can't do the works Jesus did to fulfill it the way God intended it to be fulfilled.
Only Jesus could do that. Only Jesus could finish the Father's work.

Now we are told to finish the work that Jesus began. He finished his Father's work, Now we are to finish Jesus' work.

Jesus fulfilled the Sabbath day. And has become our Sabbath which God gave to man.
And we are to rest in him and the work he does through us.
It is our turn to tend the garden, plant, water, multiply the good fruit that is growing in us that Jesus planted in our hearts and minds.
These are the commandments of the Son of God that we must listen to. And not the laws which God gave to Moses which were only temporary until God sent us his son to follow.

Now you have the choice.
You can follow the dead man Moses and the law God gave to him.
Or
You can follow the living Son of God and the Grace and Truth which God gave to him.

You can not serve two masters.

It's either Moses or Jesus.
Not both.

If you are keeping the sabbath day, what you are saying is that the sacrifice God made to the world for our peace and our rest,
wasn't enough. You have to keep keeping it, because there is no other place to find peace and rest other than that carnal day of the week.
But the place of peace and rest that was given to those who believe is not carnal, it is spiritual. And it is To Day.
Whatever day of the week To Day falls on. Because the Sabbath was given to Moses as a carnal law.
Jesus Christ gave himself to us as spiritual Grace.

And if you are under the law, you are no longer under grace.
If you do the works of the law, then you are not living by grace.

God rested, and Jesus was given the torch.
He is the Light.
Follow Him.

Hugs

Somebody get's it and therefore She has REST.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple FIX = Post the scripture where the Lord/Gospel declared we are to continue under the Mosaic law.
You have to understand, its Gods Law, not Moses that is everlasting, the Ten He wrote with His own finger....
1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know there is no evening nor morning in the seventh day.
Only the Day which God called light, and there is no darkness or night in it.

At least I didn't see where it saya, and the evening and the morning was the seventh day.
All I see is the Day. And God called the light Day.
And God saw the light that it was good.
So there's that.

So how many calendar days do we have that have no evening or morning in them?

I don't believe the seventh day is like any other day in that God himself set it apart and sanctified it and made it Holy for himself.

There is Only Light in it.

Is there an evening and a morning that God created for the seventh day? Because I can't find it.
Hugs

Reactions: David in NJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to understand, its Gods Law, not Moses that is everlasting, the Ten He wrote with His own finger....
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
God said.. COMMANDED that we listen to his Son.
Moses is not God's son, Moses was God's servant and his "service" came to an end.
Moses is not the heir, Jesus is the heir.
Moses fif not inherit ALL things, Jesus Inherited ALL things.
God said: This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, Hear ye him.
He didn't say, to continue listening to Moses.

So it's time to retune the radio and find the right frequecy of who your listening to.
God sent Moses. Moses finished his course. Done finished.
God sent Jesus to take Moses place, that is to say, to replace the law with mercy and grace and truth and life and love and peace and hope and and and....

My radio has only one frequency and it's called: Jesus Christ is Lord and King.

And this is the only station I listen to.
Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Ten Commandments remain = it was never a question or an afterthought.

The forth commandment became a Daily Realm of Eternal REST for those who place their Trust in LORD of the Sabbath.

Since HE is our Prince of Peace = we have Peace = Romans 5:1

Since HE is God's REST = we have REST in God = Matthew 11:28

Since HE is the New Covenant = we are a New Creation in the Creator = 2 Corinthians 5:17

The DAY of REST says: Mark2:22
"And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. Instead, new wine is poured into new wineskins.”

Reactions: Ziggy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'

'
Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 5:17

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is sad that that is what you are doing when you begin make outlandish claims with no basis in those claims. It can be the only explanation of what you are doing to get so many things wrong in your posts.

Hey, you're the one praying to a mirror not me man! disagree.gif

If you don't want others to think you are engaging in witchcraft, then don't start quoiting it's garbage!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not right to engage in witchcraft and start talking to spirits in a mirror View attachment 42085
The man in the mirror told me to 'watch your back', so as i turned around to see who was behind me, i saw another man in a mirror looking directly at me.
Having this sense of being surrounded, i left quickly and never looked back.

Moral of the story - when in a room with more then one mirror, chances are you are not alone..............

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right, righteousness is a gift that comes to us by faith. And as you said, righteousness doesn't come to anyone through obedience, or any action on our part... Except we hunger and thirst for it. It's about our willingness to embrace it. It's like truth. In order to embrace truth, one must love truth as a principle first. Then, God will reveal truth to you. But you also have to be willing to obey that truth. Righteousness is similar. One must hunger and thirst for righteousness, be willing to live it, love it, desire it, hate and despise sin, believe God is willing to give it to those who seek it with their whole heart, soul, mind. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness..." And the promise is yours. Jesus will give you His righteousness if you believe. If you hunger and thirst for it. David the Psalmist said, "all Thy commandments are righteousness". Jesus promises we will be filled. If we want it enough. That my friend is the new covenant taking right there. The law, God's righteousness written on the heart. It becomes a part of our nature to obey. To do anything else is just plain weird and off the charts stupid.
Sadly, so very few want to go there. They would rather have a good time. Be popular. Live by their own rules. Do what they wilt. They limit God. They don't want Him taking over the whole house. Maybe the front room and the living room and the bedroom. But the kitchen? No way. Only where the visitors come. Only where they will be seen. I will do what's right, but only if it doesn't affect my reputation. The moment there's a chance someone might not like me, I'll do what's popular... Orthodox... Observe the Sabbath? No chance.

That is an example of the extreme ridiculousness coming from you Dave, born of desperation.

So ummm, what is it that we officially teach again? Perhaps you would like to look it up. Nuh, don't bother. I'll ask for you.
Question. What is sin?
Bible. Sin is the transgression of the law. I John 3:4. Oh look. A new testament answer to your question.
He doesn't understand "righteousness by faith" - and thinks it means a OSAS License to Sin.

Many years ago, my irreligious dad and my "Sunday morning Christian" uncle Oscar on mom's side of the family - a family well known to the local police department for their Saturday night shenanigans - were in a bar, shooting pool, chasing women, smoking, drinking whiskey. Uncle Oscar - brother to almost 20 siblings including "Uncle Elester" the head pastor at the Missionary Baptist church where many in this large family attended - received steady Sunday morning diet of "OSAS License to Sin" theology from Revrun' Elester.

So, they're in this bar, and OSAS Oscar leans over and says to my dad, "If we both died right now, I'd go to heaven and you'd go to hell". Dad replied incredulously, "What the %$@! are you talking about? We're doing the exact same thing!"

Even my irreligious dad blinded by sin at the time could still see what this brainwashed Sunday morning, church-going, OSAS child of the devil couldn't: God doesn't share custody of His children with Satan. But, Uncle Oscar was convinced all you have to do is "say the Sinner's prayer" and you ticket is punched, your OSAS License to Sin is granted.

Back then, at least the OSAS crowd had the stones to admit it...unlike those today who make the ridiculous claim that keeping the Ten Commandments in your head means you can break them with your hand.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the difficult part is understanding what God intended the Sabbath for.
Yes it says God rested, and we know what rested means in the flesh. I need a break.
And that's exactly what the Sabbath was/is a break.

Or to rest something means to grab on to or hold on to. It's like a pause in a sentence, a comma.
It's not the end and yet it is. It is the end of the old world and the beginning of the new world, both in the same time period.
It is the day Jesus was sacrificed and died, and it is also the day he rose again. It is the day he was born, the life he lived.
It's all about God's Son. This is the Son that was sanctified, set apart, made Holy and glorified.
It is the Day God said, Let there be Light.

Think about the first couple verses in Genesis.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Right here in these few words is the 6 days of creation.

Now right after this things got crazy. There is darkness and a void and chaos.
I believe Jesus refers to this as their hour of dakness. They can't decide if they want Barabas a murderer or Jesus a righteous man to lead them.
They are confused. Their not thinking right.. void. and at this moment the devil takes control, total darkness.

Right after this God says Let the be Light, and the Light God called Day. And the darkness he called Night.

Now in the Sabbath DAY there is no Night. There is no morning and no evening, there is only the Day and it is only Light.
And God saw the Light that it was good.
Now I reckon that our interpretation of what good is, and the scale on which God considers good is, is a much higher good than what we think good is. You could say it was even Holy to God. Blessed even.

So God created this DAY which he called Light to rest in from all his works which he had made.

This is what Moses called The Sabbath of the Lord.

The Seventh day doesn't have a name until Moses is in the wilderness with the children of Israel.

You could say something like.. And by my name Sabbath they did not know me, Just as it was said, But by my name Jehovah they did not know me.

Most often names are given according to character or occupation, oriiginally. And they called him ***** because....
And God called them Adam because they were earthy, red, from the clay, earth.
But in the Day God created the seventh day, God didn't give it a name. It was "secret" .
God made known to man his Sabbath after they were freed from bondage in Egypt.

Or you could say, the children of Israel were living in great darkness and God sent Moses to show them the Light.

Now Moses was not this Light, just like John the baptist, John was not that Light, but was sent to bare witness of the Light.
He must increase but I must decrease.
So God sent Moses to show Israel his Day. But they didn't want to come to the light, because men loved darkness.
We see this in the book of John. And so they walked in darkness and ignorance until God sent his Day, Light into the world.

And called him Jesus

But from the beginning God's Sabbath was in heaven. He didn't give it to man until they were set free from bondage.
Just as Jesus set us free from the bondage of the law according to how God told Moses to teach it.
And now we have a new teacher. And a new way. And a New Day to walk in.

Hugs

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who promotes saturday sabbath as a New Covenant requirement from God, does not know the Gospel and what the LORD did for us.

There is a Sabbath REST that God said if you do not walk in it, you will die in your sins.

When you find that REST you find Salvation and the Love of God.
Anyone who denies that the Holy Spirit writes the Ten Commandments on the heart of New Covenant Christian (2 Corinthians 3:3 KJV; Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV) doesn't have a clue about the Gospel of the New Covenant, nor is he a member of it.

Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV plainly states that if we're resting inwardly in God's grace, we'll demonstrate that every week by resting outwardly from our daily work "as God did from His".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the difficult part is understanding what God intended the Sabbath for.
That's because people prefer the lies of false pulpit prophets, rather than the truth of Scripture.

The BIBLE says the reason the Sabbath was made was due to something that took place BEFORE the Sabbath was made: the first six days of Creation - not due to anything that would come AFTER it was made, as claimed by those who don't want to obey God.

It was made as a sign and a memorial to God's creative power, and later took on the sign and memorial to God's re-creative power - the new birth. Nowhere are we told the observance of His memorial would cease!

Who, but those with sympathy for the devil, could ever be pleased with the notion that grace somehow suspends in the here and now God's commandment not to work on the Sabbath as declared by His own mouth and written by His own finger, while agreeing that it will be observed exactly as declared and written in the hereafter?

Last edited: