Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Attempting to keep saturday sabbath as a means of salvation is BREAKING the Sabbath REST of God.
Here it is, again. A mixture of straw man, and whatever "breaking the Sabbath rest of God" means. Basically, the above statement is lazy, intellectually dishonest, spiritually devoid of substance, and holds no relevance to who Seventh Day Adventists are . Of course, you would know that if you actually investigated Adventists' own publications instead of relying on misinformation from our enemies, your own presumptions, and your disbelief in God's word.
You do realize that the NC has God writing "My laws in their minds and on their hearts", right?

Those who refuse to obey God's commandments disqualify themselves as unfit for heaven - they actually think they're going into heaven doing that which caused Satan and his angels to be thrown out! LOL
Inconvenient truth.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is, again. A mixture of straw man, and whatever "breaking the Sabbath rest of God" means. Basically, the above statement is lazy, intellectually dishonest, spiritually devoid of substance, and holds no relevance to who Seventh Day Adventists are . Of course, you would know that if you actually investigated Adventists' own publications instead of relying on misinformation from our enemies, your own presumptions, and your disbelief in God's word.

Inconvenient truth.
Hebrews is STRAIGHT to the Truth

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His Rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed do enter that Rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My Rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
“And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
And again, as He says in the passage above: “They shall never enter My rest.”

This is why there are no New Covenant commandments to obey saturday sabbath.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says those who are truly resting inwardly in Jesus will rest outwardly every 7th day from their work "as God did from His".
No it does not.

This is why you cannot find a single New Covenant commandment to keep saturday sabbath.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is, again. A mixture of straw man, and whatever "breaking the Sabbath rest of God" means. Basically, the above statement is lazy, intellectually dishonest, spiritually devoid of substance, and holds no relevance to who Seventh Day Adventists are .
No matter how much we clarify that obedience is merely evidence of salvation, not a medium of exchange for it, they always resort to the strawman "legalism" argument - they do so because they know they're helpless to gainsay the truth.
Of course, you would know that if you actually investigated Adventists' own publications instead of relying on misinformation from our enemies, your own presumptions, and your disbelief in God's word.
That requires an objective, sincere effort, which they will never be willing to put forth as long as they're blinded by the enemy. They don't have a single objective bone in their spiritual sarcophagus.

Reactions: Brakelite

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it does not.

This is why you cannot find a single New Covenant commandment to keep saturday sabbath.
Oh no?

The Peshitta "Syriac tradition" which is the closest thing to the KJV Textus Receptus out there uses "qym" in Hebrews 4:9 which is absolutely correctly translated "duty":

[9] It is therefore the duty (Syriac "qym": "valid" or "legally binding due to having been executed in compliance with the law.") of the people of God to keep the Sabbath.
[10] For he that has entered into His rest, he hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His."

Any sincere, honest scholar would say, "Y'know, Phone, I have to admit the Syriac indeed does say it's our duty to keep the Sabbath, and even the Greek says the Sabbath "remains" or "is reserved" for us "before resorting to his "proof" texts over there to "disprove" this text right here - but you won't even do that. You just shut the eyes, stop the ears, and immediately resort to the "over there" proof texts. Textbook theological skulduggery.

Anyone resting inwardly in Jesus will evidence that by resting outwardly from his work every Sabbath "as God did from His".

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no?

The Peshitta "Syriac tradition" which is the closest thing to the KJV Textus Receptus out there uses "qym" in Hebrews 4:9 which is absolutely correctly translated "duty":

[9] It is therefore the duty (Syriac "qym": "valid" or "legally binding due to having been executed in compliance with the law.") of the people of God to keep the Sabbath.
[10] For he that has entered into His rest, he hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His."

Any sincere, honest scholar would say, "Y'know, Phone, I have to admit the Syriac indeed does say it's our duty to keep the Sabbath, and even the Greek says the Sabbath "remains" or "is reserved" for us "before resorting to his "proof" texts over there to "disprove" this text right here - but you won't even do that. You just shut the eyes, stop the ears, and immediately resort to the "over there" proof texts. Textbook theological skulduggery.

Anyone resting inwardly in Jesus will evidence that by resting outwardly from his work every Sabbath "as God did from His".
God's 7th Day of REST = Hebrews chapter 4
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,
For we who have believed do enter that rest,
"although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

Our duty is to keep the Sabbath of God, which is the GOSPEL = CHRIST is our REST

Anyone who attempts to add to the FINISHED Work of God is a transgressor and commits lawlessness.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. - Titus 2:11

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's 7th Day of REST = Hebrews chapter 4
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For we who have believed do enter that rest,
"although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

Our duty is to keep the Sabbath of God, which is the GOSPEL = CHRIST is our REST

Anyone who attempts to add to the FINISHED Work of God is a transgressor and commits lawlessness.

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. - Titus 2:11
YOUR HEBREWS 4:9 ARGUMENT DIES THE DEATH IT DESERVES RIGHT HERE:

I contend "Sabbatismos" refers to literal weekly Sabbath rest that "remains" (Textus Receptus MSS) for every Christian to enter, and is the "duty" (Syriac tradition MSS) of every Christian to fulfill - every seventh day Sabbath in literal rest from his own works "as God did from His".

You contend "Sabbatismos" merely refers to spiritual rest, not literal weekly Sabbath rest at all.

>>> QUESTION <<<

If a person is ranked among the "people of God" and is already spiritually resting in Jesus, how can spiritual rest "remain" for him to enter or yet be a duty for him to fulfill WHEN HE'S ALREADY ENTERED IT AND HAS FULFILLED THAT DUTY?

Clearly, the only "Sabbatismos" rest that can possibly remain for a saint to enter or be a duty for a saint to fulfill is absolutely LITERAL weekly seventh day Sabbath rest from his own works "as God did from His" - because verse 10 says if a person is resting inwardly in Jesus, he will demonstrate that by resting outwardly every seventh day Sabbath from his own work "as God did from His".

Now that your argument has taken the room temperature challenge, all that remains is for you to give your bigotted, unBiblical, baseless doctrine of devils a proper burial - I'll pay for the funeral if you're as bankrupt of cash as you are of sound theological argument. ;)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR HEBREWS 4:9 ARGUMENT DIES THE DEATH IT DESERVES RIGHT HERE:

I contend "Sabbatismos" refers to literal weekly Sabbath rest that "remains" (Textus Receptus MSS) for every Christian to enter, and is the "duty" (Syriac tradition MSS) of every Christian to fulfill - every seventh day Sabbath in literal rest from his own works "as God did from His".

You contend "Sabbatismos" merely refers to spiritual rest, not literal weekly Sabbath rest at all.

>>> QUESTION <<<

If a person is ranked among the "people of God" and is already spiritually resting in Jesus, how can spiritual rest "remain" for him to enter or yet be a duty for him to fulfill WHEN HE'S ALREADY ENTERED IT AND HAS FULFILLED THAT DUTY?

Clearly, the only "Sabbatismos" rest that can possibly remain for a saint to enter or be a duty for a saint to fulfill is absolutely LITERAL weekly seventh day Sabbath rest from his own works "as God did from His" - because verse 10 says if a person is resting inwardly in Jesus, he will demonstrate that by resting outwardly every seventh day Sabbath from his own work "as God did from His".

Now that your argument has taken the room temperature challenge, all that remains is for you to give your bigotted, unBiblical, baseless doctrine of devils a proper burial - I'll pay for the funeral if you're as bankrupt of cash as you are of sound theological argument. ;)

there remains
ἀπολείπεται (apoleipetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 620: From apo and leipo; to leave behind; by implication, to forsake.

a Sabbath rest
σαββατισμὸς (sabbatismos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 4520: A keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest. From a derivative of sabbaton; a 'sabbatism',
i.e. the repose of Christianity.

The "Sabbatismos" is the GOSPEL as clearly stated by the Author of Hebrews = God's Word

1Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed(the Gospel) do enter that Rest,

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. = Author repeats from verse 1 the Rest is the GOSPEL

For he who has entered His rest(the Gospel)
has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there remains
ἀπολείπεται (apoleipetai)
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 620: From apo and leipo; to leave behind; by implication, to forsake.

a Sabbath rest
σαββατισμὸς (sabbatismos)
Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 4520: A keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest. From a derivative of sabbaton; a 'sabbatism',
i.e. the repose of Christianity.

The "Sabbatismos" is the GOSPEL as clearly stated by the Author of Hebrews = God's Word

1Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed(the Gospel) do enter that Rest,

“So I swore in My wrath,
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, again He designates a certain day, saying in David, “Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. = Author repeats from verse 1 the Rest is the GOSPEL

For he who has entered His rest(the Gospel)
has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
You completely ignored the question.

How can a "spiritual" rest "remain" for the Christian or be his "duty" to fulfill when the Christian has already entered that rest and has already fulfilled that duty?

Braklite, do you see what we're dealing with here?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You completely ignored the question.

How can a "spiritual" rest "remain" for the Christian or be his "duty" to fulfill when the Christian has already entered that rest and has already fulfilled that duty?

Braklite, do you see what we're dealing with here?
Peace, Grace and Mercy of the LORD Jesus Christ be toward: @Phoneman777 @Brakelite @BarneyFife

i did not ignore your question but was waiting for you to SEE what God said is His REST.

The Letter to the Hebrews, at that time, was written for Jews who were still under the law and for the Jews who were turning back to the law.
The Temple was still in operation and Jews were reluctant to believe on the LORD Jesus Christ because of the persecutions,
most of which were coming from the religious leaders in control of the Temple in Jerusalem.
They murdered Stephen = Acts chapter 7

This is whom chapter 4 addresses immediately:
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,

Notice the Comparison/Contrast of Truth = GOSPEL REST versus old covenant ritual/law apart from 'faith'

A crucial 'Life or Death' WARNING is given here to us!

We either, by faith, believe the Gospel and enter into GOD'S REST or we remain under the law and perish.

Furthermore, the Author of Hebrews specifically connects the Prophecy of God from Genesis 2:3 to the GOSPEL

and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

The only REST that remains for Jews & Gentiles is the GOSPEL = the 7th DAY of God's REST

Rejoice my Brothers, in the Grace offered to us, which is God's REST in CHRIST = TODAY, if you hear His Voice

There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace, Grace and Mercy of the LORD Jesus Christ be toward: @Phoneman777 @Brakelite @BarneyFife

i did not ignore your question but was waiting for you to SEE what God said is His REST.

The Letter to the Hebrews, at that time, was written for Jews who were still under the law and for the Jews who were turning back to the law.
The Temple was still in operation and Jews were reluctant to believe on the LORD Jesus Christ because of the persecutions,
most of which were coming from the religious leaders in control of the Temple in Jerusalem.

For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,

Notice the Comparison/Contrast of Truth = GOSPEL REST versus old covenant ritual/law apart from 'faith'

We either, by faith, believe the Gospel and enter into GOD'S REST or we remain under the law and perish.

Furthermore, the Author of Hebrews specifically connects the Prophecy of God from Genesis 2:3 to the GOSPEL

The only REST that remains for Jews & Gentiles is the GOSPEL = the 7th DAY of God's REST

Rejoice my Brothers, in the Grace offered to us, which is God's REST in CHRIST = TODAY, if you hear His Voice

For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
You keep dodging the question because YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T ANSWER IT, friend.

The answer is that there is no "spiritual rest" that "remains" for or is the "duty" of the saint to enter - because he's already entered it!

The only "rest" that "remains" for the saint to enter or is the "duty" of the saint to enter is literal, seventh day Sabbath rest from his own works "as God did from His".

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep dodging the question because YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T ANSWER IT, friend.

The answer is that there is no "spiritual rest" that "remains" for or is the "duty" of the saint to enter - because he's already entered it!

The only "rest" that "remains" for the saint to enter or is the "duty" of the saint to enter is literal, seventh day Sabbath rest from his own works "as God did from His".
Your question was answered according to God's Word.

You have a idol before the LORD = your religion

We, who have entered God's REST do not follow sabbaths or rituals since we have CHRIST and the Holy Spirit of Truth.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."

I can never be removed from God's Sabbath REST in Christ.

Whereas, you are under the bondage of the old covenant wherein you place your sabbath rest.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which of course is your opinion seeing... the New Testament never
says Saturday sabbath is requited for salvation homie half time! disagree.gif

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

“So I swore in My wrath,

My friend. We know that already. We have already entered. Me personally, 1976. Born again, converted, forgiven, with a new life ahead of me. See thread "why is it important to keep the Sabbath' for a fuller story.
Resting spiritually in Jesus after having been saved does not negate resting physically on His holy day.

Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend. We know that already. We have already entered. Me personally, 1976. Born again, converted, forgiven, with a new life ahead of me. See thread "why is it important to keep the Sabbath' for a fuller story.
Resting spiritually in Jesus after having been saved does not negate resting physically on His holy day.
"Today, if you hear His Voice" = is the only Holy Day that God is interested in...............

Your 'Holy Day of REST' began when you received the LORD Jesus Christ into your heart and confessed with the mouth that HE is your SAVIOR.

REST in Christ never ends = this is why the LORD never reiterated the saturday commandment except that it points directly to HIM.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ did not suffer and die on the cross so that we should return to bondage under the old covenant.

"Today, if you hear His Voice", is the MOST HOLY DAY of the week, month and year for those who enter into God's REST.

"Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’
Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you,
but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake.
Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

@Brakelite @BarneyFife @Phoneman777

Can you find ANYWHERE in the Gospel or the Apostles writings that we are to rejoice in saturday???

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question was answered according to God's Word.
Your idea that the symbolism of the Sabbath rest - our rest in Jesus - somehow negates the literal substance for which it springs - the 4th commandment - is unBiblical nonsense. Conversely, it's our duty to keep the 4th commandment to outwardly demonstrate the inward rest we have in Jesus.
You have a idol before the LORD = your religion
"If any man shall break any one of the least of these commandments and teach men so..."
We, who have entered God's REST do not follow sabbaths or rituals since we have CHRIST and the Holy Spirit of Truth.
Actually, it's the "workers of iniquity" who don't follow the Sabbath commandment, and Jesus will have special instructions for them on Judgment Day.
"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."
If we're breaking the 4th commandment, we're absolutely walking according to the flesh...because the Spirit is given only "to them that OBEY Him" (Acts 5:32 KJV).
I can never be removed from God's Sabbath REST in Christ.
You're resting in a false sense of security if you break God's commandments and teach others to do the same.
Whereas, you are under the bondage of the old covenant wherein you place your sabbath rest.
YOU can believe the Ten Commandments are "Old Covenant" "grievous bondage" that passed away if you want - I'll believe God's commandments "stand fast forever and ever" and "are not grievous", according to Scripture.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which of course is your opinion seeing... the New Testament never
says Saturday sabbath is requited for salvation homie half time! View attachment 42741
Pretty sure I presented Scripture - not opinion - as the basis for why the only rest that "remains" for the saint is "literal rest" - seeing that saints are supposed to have already entered "spiritual rest", right or wrong?

Counterpoint much?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your idea that the symbolism of the Sabbath rest - our rest in Jesus - somehow negates the literal substance for which it springs

Your statement that i highlighted above is the DIRECT confirmation that you do not understand the GOSPEL.