Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We, who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for our Complete Salvation, keep God's Sabbath REST.

Those who elevate a day of the week above the Holiness of God in Jesus Christ have 'missed the Boat'.
Trust in who? The Lord? Nah, those who truly trust in the Lord demonstrate that by doing what the Lord says.

Those who trust in the arm of flesh do what the flesh wants - like breaking God's commandments and teaching others to do the same.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot keep the old covenant law and worship the Savior.

"Woe unto them that call good evil and evil good."

Galatians 5:4 - "For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ!
You have fallen away from God’s grace."

"Woe unto them that call good evil and evil good."
The Ten Commandments are "Old Covenant Law" - they were around LONG BEFORE the OC.

What you need to understand is that they didn't BEGIN at Sinai - they were CODIFIED at Sinai.

Look up "codified".

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust in who? The Lord? Nah, those who truly trust in the Lord demonstrate that by doing what the Lord says.

Those who trust in the arm of flesh do what the flesh wants - like breaking God's commandments and teaching others to do the same.
Those who trust in the arm of flesh do what the flesh wants - like breaking God's commandments and teaching others to keep the law of Moses.

Acts ch15
So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. 4And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments are "Old Covenant Law" - they were around LONG BEFORE the OC.

What you need to understand is that they didn't BEGIN at Sinai - they were CODIFIED at Sinai.

Look up "codified".
LOL x100000000000000000 to infinity

They were BEFORE the old covenant and therefore they are Internal in CHRIST and HE writes them on our hearts.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Saturday sabbath cannot you save you but God's Sabbath REST can and will if you turn to Him with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

There is a Death Penalty for anyone who seeks to establish their own righteousness before God.
"Fulfill" doesn't mean "do away with" as you and the rest of the Antinomian crowd claim. It means "keep" as in "fulfill an obligation".

If "fulfill" means "do away with" then "all righteousness" was done away with when Jesus was baptized, and there's no more righteousness in existence, right?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The REAL question:

JESUS is our REST -Will stop working now on God's Sabbath REST? = Hebrews ch4

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

"Woe to those who call good evil and evil good"
Still no comment about why we can't lie, kill, steal, though Jesus is our truth, life, and reward, but somehow since Jesus is our rest, we're supposed to forget the only day that begins with "REMEMBER", right? LOL

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Fulfill" doesn't mean "do away with" as you and the rest of the Antinomian crowd claim. It means "keep" as in "fulfill an obligation".

If "fulfill" means "do away with" then "all righteousness" was done away with when Jesus was baptized, and there's no more righteousness in existence, right?
Fulfill means "Accomplished" and "FINISHED."

After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!”
And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who trust in the arm of flesh do what the flesh wants - like breaking God's commandments and teaching others to keep the law of Moses.

Acts ch15
So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren. 4And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”
"Blessed are they which do His commandments that they might have right to the Tree of Life" -- you commandment breakers must have one heckuva Contingency Plan ;)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL x100000000000000000 to infinity

They were BEFORE the old covenant and therefore they are Internal in CHRIST and HE writes them on our hearts.
The claim that the Ten Commandmetns are Mosaic has got to be the weakest of all Antinomian arguments.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fulfill means "Accomplished" and "FINISHED."

After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!”
And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
So, today when you "fulfill" the speed limit law, tomorrow you can break that bad boy all you want, right? LOL

(The Ten Comms "stand fast forever and ever" meaning they ain't never gonna to be finished.)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Blessed are they which do His commandments that they might have right to the Tree of Life" -- you commandment breakers must have one heckuva Contingency Plan ;)
"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Find in the Gospel the commandment given by JESUS to keep Exodus 31:2-17

i know where it is but you do not.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, today when you "fulfill" the speed limit law, tomorrow you can break that bad boy all you want, right? LOL

(The Ten Comms "stand fast forever and ever" meaning they ain't never gonna to be finished.)
You keep trying to drag the 10 Commandments into your Pharisee saturday sabbath argument = Major FAIL

When God writes the Ten Commandments on our hearts = JESUS is the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd

The other commandments pertain how God wants our interaction with family, neighbors and the world.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Find in the Gospel the commandment given by JESUS to keep Exodus 31:2-17

i know where it is but you do not.
See, you somehow aren't understanding that JESUS IS THE GOD OF THE OT WHO SPOKE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS AND WROTE THEM ON THE STONE TABLES.

But, Jesus Himself said if commandment breakers are unwilling to do His will, they'll never really know what the truth is, right?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep trying to drag the 10 Commandments into your Pharisee saturday sabbath argument = Major FAIL
No, I keep trying to teach stubbornly ignorant rebels that the Ten Commandments are NOT Mosaic, didn't begin at Sinai and end at the Cross, and are written on the hearts of NC Christians.

Do you really think those who lived before Sinai didn't know that murder, lying, theft, etc., was unlawful?

God reminded the Israelites about the Sabbath commandment BEFORE they even got to Sinai, which means IT ALREADY EXISTED.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I keep trying to teach stubbornly ignorant rebels that the Ten Commandments are NOT Mosaic, didn't begin at Sinai and end at the Cross, and are written on the hearts of NC Christians.

Do you really think those who lived before Sinai didn't know that murder, lying, theft, etc., was unlawful?

God reminded the Israelites about the Sabbath commandment BEFORE they even got to Sinai, which means IT ALREADY EXISTED.
10 Commandments are BEFORE the old covenant and therefore they are Internal in CHRIST and HE writes them on our hearts.

CHRIST is BEFORE all things and HE created all things.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

The Gospel, the Apostles, Genesis and the Book of Hebrews all declare that Christ is God's Sabbath REST.

Attempting to keep saturday sabbath as a means of salvation is BREAKING the Sabbath REST of God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you want to REST in God, keep the commandments of our LORD Jesus Christ.

Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him. If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately. Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 Commandments are BEFORE the old covenant and therefore they are Internal in CHRIST and HE writes them on our hearts.

CHRIST is BEFORE all things and HE created all things.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

The Gospel, the Apostles, Genesis and the Book of Hebrews all declare that Christ is God's Sabbath REST.

Attempting to keep saturday sabbath as a means of salvation is BREAKING the Sabbath REST of God.
Good gravy, how ridiculous it is to conclude that commandments written on the heart are not followed by the hand!

No, "written on the heart" means that we KEEP them!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to REST in God, keep the commandments of our LORD Jesus Christ.

Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him. If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately. Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Scripture says those who are truly resting inwardly in Jesus will rest outwardly every 7th day from their work "as God did from His".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They leaves the SDA peoples out in the cold since they reject the New Covenant. View attachment 42460
You do realize that the NC has God writing "My laws in their minds and on their hearts", right?

Those who refuse to obey God's commandments disqualify themselves as unfit for heaven - they actually think they're going into heaven doing that which caused Satan and his angels to be thrown out! LOL

Reactions: Brakelite