Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Counterpoint much?

Absolutely never. You will not get a direct response to a refutation to the claims from either of these guys. One doubles down to the point of mind-numbingly repetitive rhetoric—he started a thread called "Questions For Sabbatarians" and responded to -zero- of the answers I gave to every one; the other jumps around Scripture creating absolutely random and hallucinatory symbolism.

:)

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is, again. A mixture of straw man, and whatever "breaking the Sabbath rest of God" means. Basically, the above statement is lazy, intellectually dishonest, spiritually devoid of substance, and holds no relevance to who Seventh Day Adventists are . Of course, you would know that if you actually investigated Adventists' own publications instead of relying on misinformation from our enemies, your own presumptions, and your disbelief in God's word.

Inconvenient truth.
Breaking the Sabbath REST of God means you are attempting to combine Salvation in Christ with the works of the law.

The LORD Jesus said you cannot do this = Mark 2:22

"No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”

To DEMONSTRATE this TRUTH the LORD Jesus intentionally BROKE the saturday sabbath.

Now it happened that He went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; and as they went His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain. And the Pharisees said to Him, “Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?”

But He said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry, he and those with him: how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread,
which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?”

And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely never. You will not get a direct response to a refutation to the claims from either of these guys. One doubles down to the point of mind-numbingly repetitive rhetoric—he started a thread called "Questions For Sabbatarians" and responded to -zero- of the answers I gave to every one; the other jumps around Scripture creating absolutely random and hallucinatory symbolism.

:)
Couldn't have summed it up any better!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but your rejection of God's commandments DIRECT confirmation that it's you who doesn't understand the Gospel:

"He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him". - 1 John 2:4 KJV
Do you keep the 4th commandment? No? Then you're a liar and the truth (Jesus) is not in you, friend.

But you have no commandment from the Lord Jesus or the Apostles to keep saturday sabbath as a part of the GOSPEL.

Concerning your rejection of the LORD'S Commandments, JESUS has Commanded you this: Mark 2:22

No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”

"He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him". - 1 John 2:4 KJV

Reactions: ewq1938

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have no commandment from the Lord Jesus or the Apostles to keep saturday sabbath as a part of the GOSPEL.
"If ye love Me, keep My commandments". John 14:15 KJV
"It is therefore the duty of (Christians) to keep the Sabbath". - Hebrews 4:9 KJV

God couldn't have made it any plainer than that.
Concerning your rejection of the LORD'S Commandments, JESUS has Commanded you this: Mark 2:22
Rejection?

Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV says those resting in the Gospel of Christ will demonstrate that by resting outwardly every Sabbath day - because it's a "sign between Me and the children of Israel forever" and we'll keep it in heaven.

Those who hate God's law won't be around to bother us.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV says those resting in the Gospel of Christ will demonstrate that by resting outwardly every Sabbath day - because it's a "sign between Me and the children of Israel forever" and we'll keep it in heaven.
And another statement of unbelief that will be a witness against you and all who break the Commandments of the LORD by adding to His FINISHED Work.
You openly confess that saturday is your god.

Those who reject the Commandments of LORD of the Sabbath will not enter into His REST.

The Law/Commandment/Sabbath of Christ says:

No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined.
But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
“And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It is therefore the duty of (Christians) to keep the Sabbath". - Hebrews 4:9 KJV

Did you see anything about Saturday in there anywhere???

But I'm sure you conveniently add to God's Word and claim it means Saturday... even though God's Word does not say anything bout Saturday

Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV says those resting in the Gospel of Christ will demonstrate that by resting outwardly every Sabbath day

Now you done went to adding to God's Word homie half time... it does not say Saturday... it simply says sabbath which is altogether different in the New Covenant verse the old covenant that you SDA types have been deceived in to clinging to by some old woman that had a demonic "vision" that contradicts the New Covenant!

Hebrews 4:4-11
For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Hebrews 4:6 tells us "to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief" so those living under the Law of Moses did not enter in to God's REST... even though they were observing Saturday sabbath!... Just like the SDA peoples today! clueless-doh.gif

What the Lord's Word is speaking of in Hebrews 4:8 is what we have under the New Covenant which is resting in faith IN Christ... not just one day a week, but ALL days.

Therefore Saturday sabbath does not meet the higher standards Jesus Christ has brought forth for His people in the New Covenant due to it';s better promises.

Maybe some day... the sabbatarians can come on over in to the New Covenant and let Jesus be their High Priest rather than trying to go back and live under Moses.

Under the Law of Moses... Saturday sabbath was a thing.

Under the Law of Christ (New Covenant), it is NOT a thing because a different rest has replaced Saturday sabbath which made it obsolete since we are IN Christ now and ... HE is out rest... HE is our sabbath 24/7/365 (Mat 11:28, Hebrews 4:9-11)

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And another statement of unbelief that will be a witness against you and all who break the Commandments of the LORD by adding to His FINISHED Work.
You openly confess that saturday is your god.
You misunderstand my position. Sabbath is not my "god" - it's the SIGN of my God I worship because "it's a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever".
No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined.
Yes, that age old tactic of lumping the Mosaic Law which was "nailed to the Cross" with the Ten Commandments which "stand fast forever and ever".

Your failure to acknowledge the Biblical distinction is why you think grace is a License to Sin.
So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
The Mosaic Law of Feast Day "sabbaths" were shadows which were nailed to the Cross - not the Sabbath of the Ten Commandments, which "stand fast forever and ever".
Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
“And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”
So what? Paul's instruction to legalist Hebrews that the "literal rest" of the weekly Sabbath means nothing without the "spiritual rest" in Jesus in no way abolishes the Christian's obligation to keep the Ten Commandments including the 4th.

Look, this isn't difficult to understand: Hebrews 4:9-10 KJV plainly teaches it's the "DUTY" of every Christian who has entered into inward "spiritual rest in Jesus" to enter into outward "literal rest on the Sabbath" from our work "as God did from His" which ever "REMAINS" before us as a sign between God and His people.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misunderstand my position. Sabbath is not my "god" - it's the SIGN of my God I worship because "it's a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever".

CHRIST is the Fulfillment of Exodus 31:12-17

This is why the LORD says:
At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

CHRIST is the 7th DAY of REST for ALL who Believe

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place:They shall not enter My rest.”

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see anything about Saturday in there anywhere???
Yes, and you'd know this if you'd stop hiding behind the English "rest" and do a bit of research which will lead you to understand that "rest" is translated from the Greek "Sabbatismos" in the Textus Receptus or the Syriac "ܠܡܫܒܬܘ" in the Peshitta - both of which refer to the weekly seventh day Sabbath.
But I'm sure you conveniently add to God's Word and claim it means Saturday... even though God's Word does not say anything bout Saturday
Are you even aware that new Bible versions properly translate the verse to say "Sabbath"? Did they "add" anything as you claim I've done? No, what they did was properly translate the verse that the KJV translators were unable to do because they were blinded by papal Antichrist ideas - just as you are ;)
For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Yes, the old "spoken of another day" argument...as if Jesus somewhere spoke of some mysterious "other day" which is nowhere recorded in Scripture but somehow negates the Sabbath commandment, right? Some of you guys use this "another day" argument to "prove" Sunday "sacredness". When it comes to the "scholarship" of the Antinomian crowd, this is about as pathetic as it gets.

The "another day" Jesus spoke of refers to the "day of David" or "time of David" as verse 7 plainly makes evident. The fact that in the days of David and Solomon, Israel was in full possession of the land of Canaan makes it clear that the “rest” here referred to was not the occupation of literal Canaan but the glorious role God intended for the nation. But, instead of entering into the "spiritual rest" of God, they eventually crucified His Son.
Hebrews 4:6 tells us "to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief" so those living under the Law of Moses did not enter in to God's REST... even though they were observing Saturday sabbath!... Just like the SDA peoples today! View attachment 42787
Wrong - unlike the Israelites who kept the Sabbath but refused the spiritual rest in Jesus, we demonstrate our inward rest in Jesus by resting outwardly every Sabbath day just as Hebrews 4:10 tells us to do.
What the Lord's Word is speaking of in Hebrews 4:8 is what we have under the New Covenant which is resting in faith IN Christ... not just one day a week, but ALL days.
Again, the "another day" refers to the past - not the future!
Therefore Saturday sabbath does not meet the higher standards Jesus Christ has brought forth for His people in the New Covenant due to it';s better promises.
Good, let's talk about "standards" - shall we? Jesus came to "magnify the law and make it honorable" which is why in the New Covenant, lust is just as bad as adultery, hate is just as bad as murder, and failure to spiritually rest in Jesus is just as bad as breaking the Sabbath commandment.

Does magnifying a law detract from that law?
Does keeping ourselves from lust abolish the commandment not to commit adultery?
Does keeping ourselves from hate abolish the commandment not to murder?
Does keeping ourselves from deceitful body language abolish the commandment to not lie?

So, what twisted line of reasoning leads you guys to conclude that enterance into "spiritual rest" abolishes the commandment to rest outwardly every Sabbath day?

If Antinomians didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all ;)
Maybe some day... the sabbatarians can come on over in to the New Covenant and let Jesus be their High Priest rather than trying to go back and live under Moses.

Under the Law of Moses... Saturday sabbath was a thing.

Under the Law of Christ (New Covenant), it is NOT a thing because a different rest has replaced Saturday sabbath which made it obsolete since we are IN Christ now and ... HE is out rest... HE is our sabbath 24/7/365 (Mat 11:28, Hebrews 4:9-11)
Entrance into "spiritual rest" in Jesus does absolutely nothing abolish the commandment of "literal rest" on the seventh day Sabbath, no more than keeping ourselves from hate and lust abolishes "thou shalt not kill" or "thou shalt not commit adultery".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place:They shall not enter My rest.”
Keeping ourselves from "lust" doesn't negate "thou shalt not commit adultery".
Keeping ourselves from "hate" doesn't negate "thou shalt not kill".
Keeping ourselves from "deceitful body language" doesn't negate "thou shalt not lie".

But, somehow entrance into "spiritual rest" means we're to forget the only commandment that begins with the word "Remember"?

If you guys didn't have double standards, you'd have no standards at all.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Christ fulfilled "thou shalt not steal" are we free to rob banks?
Since Christ fulfilled "thou shalt not commit adultery", are we free to sleep with the neighbor's wife?
Since Christ fulfilled "thou shalt not lie" are we free to be dishonest in business and church contributions?

SO, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IF "CHRIST IS THE FULFILLMENT OF THE SABBATH" WE'RE FREE TO FORGET THE ONLY COMMANDMENT THAT BEGINS WITH THE WORD "REMEMBER"?

Reactions: Cassandra

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ did not suffer and die on the cross so that we should return to bondage under the old covenant.
So when God brought Israel out from Egypt, took then to Sinai and gave them His law, He said, “I am the Lord your God which hath brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage, to bring you into more bondage “.
To DEMONSTRATE this TRUTH the LORD Jesus intentionally BROKE the saturday sabbath.
But did He really?
Why did He break the 4th commandment again?
Isaiah 66:18-23
The Gentiles shall have an holy church
18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.
19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.
20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when God brought Israel out from Egypt, took then to Sinai and gave them His law, He said, “I am the Lord your God which hath brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage, to bring you into more bondage “.
God redeemed them from slavery under Egypt/false gods and HE placed the Israelites under a TUTOR.

"Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith."

But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world. But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

God REDEEMED Israel TWICE = 1st from Egypt and 2nd from the Law

I will address Isaiah 68 tomorrow as i am going to bed now = Good Night

i hope you and @BarneyFife understand that i love you and that i give thanks to God for you and pray for you.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and you'd know this if you'd stop hiding behind the English "rest" and do a bit of research which will lead you to understand that "rest" is translated from the Greek "Sabbatismos" in the Textus Receptus or the Syriac "ܠܡܫܒܬܘ" in the Peshitta - both of which refer to the weekly seventh day Sabbath.

Sooooo.... we'll take that as a NO there is nothing mentioned about Saturday in that passage.

Entering in to the REST of Faith... is the sabbath for the New Covenant believer who is right with the Lord and on his way to Heaven.

But feel from to continue rejecting the New Covenant and hang on to the old which saves nobody disagree.gif

they were blinded by papal Antichrist ideas - just as you are
laughing2.gif
That's hilarious... comedy hour is under way! laughing.gif

Yes, the old "spoken of another day" argument...as if Jesus somewhere spoke of some mysterious "other day" which is nowhere recorded in Scripture

It's called... the New Covenant homie half time!

But feel from to continue rejecting the New Covenant and hang on to the old which saves nobody

by resting outwardly every Sabbath

That's what all the carnal minded people do... always walking in the flesh.

Besides, what are you doing working on the sabbath?

I see... not keeping it holy like a real hypocrite smiley_dancing1.gif

If Antinomians didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all

That's rich coming from someone trying to earn their salvation by keeping the old testament laws and regulation. clueless-doh.gif

no more than keeping ourselves from hate and lust abolishes "thou shalt not kill" or "thou shalt not commit adultery".

Er... if one becomes born again and filled with the Holy Ghost the Lord leads them to be delivered from hate and lust so they don't have to be told "thou shalt not kill" or "thou shalt not commit adultery".

But, you old testament law keepers trying to earn your salvation... wouldn't know nithin bout getting born again and filled with the Holy Ghost so it's all above you heads and below yo knees homie half time smile-chinese.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you guys didn't have double standards, you'd have no standards at all.

Says the homie who's trying to earn his salvation by doing good works coffee-smiley.gif

You backing up son!

That's sad that you think what Jesus did on the Cross is not way more important that the Jews coming out of Egypt. clueless-doh.gif

You people are still stuck in the old covenant trying to earn yo salvation. Pathetic!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says the homie who's trying to earn his salvation by doing good works View attachment 42816
Says the homie who doesn't love Jesus enough to keep His commandments (John 14:15 KJV) but expects God to "deal with it".
That's sad that you think what Jesus did on the Cross is not way more important that the Jews coming out of Egypt. View attachment 42817
It's sad that people who think they're going to heaven won't even cross the street for a Savior willing to CROSS the universe to save them.
You people are still stuck in the old covenant trying to earn yo salvation. Pathetic!
Can you imagine how hard Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are gonna glare at you with contempt when they find out you're one of those "grace-saved" believers who skated into heaven after they had to climb a mountain of works to get there?

(Psst....everyone - OT or NT - will be there by grace through faith, not works. They obeyed the Ten Commandments and the Mosaic Laws while looking forward to the Cross in faith, and we obey the Ten Commandments while looking back to the Cross in faith.)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the early 2nd century, Roman rulers such as Pliny, Trajan, and others, all of whom were pagan in all things, had only a smattering of knowledge of Christianity. What they had heard they developed themselves into a form of religious belief system that cast Christianity into an ugly light. Rumours abounded.
One Christian apologist, Athenagoras, explained the so called secret crimes that Christians took part in, and for which they were killed. First, was atheism, which at that time was a form of superstition that denied the state and pagan gods. The second accusation was Thyestean banquets, in other words, cannibalism. The third, Oedipodean intercourse, being incest.
Pagans had heard just enough of "eating the body", and"drinking the blood", and of Christians talking about "love" and "love feasts", and being "brothers and sisters", to get very wrong ideas that grew and developed their own life. Even cultured orators repeated these charges, and the church suffered as a result.
It seems that many non Adventists here have likewise heard "just enough", have failed miserably to investigate further, and like the pagans of old, developed their own ideas of what Adventists believe, creating one straw man after another. And regardless of what Adventists say, the preferred misunderstanding is clung to tenaciously and given its own life by heaping upon its head more and more nonsense. Written quotes from true Adventist sources that say the opposite, are ignored and the writer ridiculed and called a liar. No change of mind regarding actual real Adventist theology and it's
relation to biblical truth is ever contemplated.
How long I wonder until Adventists are treated in like manner to the Christians of the early 2nd century.... At the hand of other Christians?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trump-treason-twitter-retweet.jpg

I don't think one has to be an Adventist to know America is in trouble.

Biden's State of the Union is going to be a disaster again.
Marjorie Taylor Green, Republican Representative for Georgia, was in the receiving line as Biden entered the House chamber. She was wearing a MAGA hat. Chkl: Biden couldn't miss it.

The SotU speech is nearly 30 minutes late.

We're in trouble because Satan is in power. Simple as that.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“So I swore in My wrath,

I hope you understand that you are likely dealing with the type of Pharisee converts that Apostle Paul had to wrestle with per the Book of Galatians.

Gal 1:6-9
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him That called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
KJV

Gal 2:3-6
3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person, for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
KJV

Gal 2:15-16
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
KJV

Gal 2:21
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
KJV

Reactions: David in NJ