Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith without works is dead . james around sixty something AD .
He who PROVIDES NOT , a work , for his own specially for those of his own household has DENIED THE FAITH . paul written
to timothy to help him instruct the church of ephesus . guess around sixty something AD .
Abraham . BELIEVED OBEYED
He who loves ME keeps my sayings .
He who loves me NOT keeps not my sayings .
Dead faith IS NO FAITH . lip service means naught if the heart be far from HIM .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your above post is just a stupid FALSE WITNESS ACCUSATION with no basis at all!

What you say IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED, as it is clear you are resorting to A SMEAR TACTIC with the above post! And because of your behavior, I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU ARE A TRUE CHRISTIAN
This was your response to Redfan on another thread. Yet your description above is exactly, to the very letter, an accurate description of your attitude toward us Adventists.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Apostle Paul said that Faith is NOT the law in Galatians 3, and that the law cannot save, he was NOT engaging in deception nor did he present a strawman argument.

You have broken the ironimeter.

This statement itself is, in fact, an exquisitely bonafide straw man argument.

Reactions: Brakelite

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Apostle Paul said that Faith is NOT the law in Galatians 3, and that the law cannot save, he was NOT engaging in deception nor did he present a strawman argument.

Phoneman777's FALSE argument is against Apostle Paul's teaching in Galatians 3 and Romans 4, not with me.

It is obvious that still... today... Jewish converts to Jesus Christ MUST still be reminded of what Apostle Paul taught in Galatians which the Book of Galatians is one of the FOUNDATION BOOKS OF CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE!

Gal 3:1-3
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
KJV

Gal 3:5
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth He it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
KJV

Gal 3:11
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
KJV

Gal 3:12
And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
KJV

Gal 3:17-19
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
KJV

Gal 3:21
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
KJV

Gal 3:23-26
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
KJV
Look, friend, when you respond to my posts with arguments against salvation by works after I've already affirmed that works based salvation is impossible, you're absolutely engaging in strawman argument.

If confronted with an unanswerable argument, the Christian will either say he'll revisit the issue or admit his position is flawed - and not resort to strawman argument.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Faith without works is dead . james around sixty something AD .
He who PROVIDES NOT , a work , for his own specially for those of his own household has DENIED THE FAITH . paul written
to timothy to help him instruct the church of ephesus . guess around sixty something AD .
Abraham . BELIEVED OBEYED
He who loves ME keeps my sayings .
He who loves me NOT keeps not my sayings .
Dead faith IS NO FAITH . lip service means naught if the heart be far from HIM .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not interested in YOUR Seventh Day Adventist doctrines you got from a claimed prophetess
Fine. Neither am I. Good thing that not one Adventist doctrine came from a prophet. They came from much Bible study and prayer.
My copy of God's written Word supersedes self-styled prophets that makes prophecies that have failed to come true.
Yet you don't believe that either.
t is you... that needs to READ CAREFULLY what God said in HIS WORD, and not by some cult.
Good advice.
Brethren in Christ Jesus:
Judge what those of men's doctrines of Seventh Day Adventists falsely claim. ANY... idea that we are 'saved' by ANY work of the law, INCLUDING keeping a Hebrew sabbath TRADITION as a requirement to be 'in Christ', is a teaching AGAINST THE
Now you are just flat out lying, even after I had quoted an Adventist preacher and author that completely contradicted everything you say, and aligns with everything we all teach as Adventists, and a quote you said you couldn't be bothered reading. Your credibility is flatlining. In fact, I've seen more hope in road kill than in your messages of slander, lies, and stubborn prejudice.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was your response to Redfan on another thread. Yet your description above is exactly, to the very letter, an accurate description of your attitude toward us Adventists.
Towards a cult... you mean. And no those are 'new' words, and exact to my point about your smear tactics, they must have taught you well.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ, be careful of the Seventh Day Adventist's cult doctrines which originate from one of its founders, Ellen White, that claimed to be a prophet. She made many prophecies that did not come true.

So here is a REAL STUDY LINK to check out about her and the Seventh Day Adventists.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ, be careful of the Seventh Day Adventist's cult doctrines which originate from one of its founders, Ellen White, that claimed to be a prophet. She made many prophecies that did not come true.

So here is a REAL STUDY LINK to check out about her and the Seventh Day Adventists.

I wonder what exactly makes the "STUDY LINK" "REAL."

I looked over the front page list and some of the items are questionable just from the title but, really, isn't it convenient that we now have an Internet we can use to just point people to canned slander about people we don't even know, but seem to hate anyway?

Honestly, this is the lowest form of defending what you believe—circulating a bunch of lies you probably haven't even read.

I'm sure the poetic books of Scripture have a lot to say about that kind of thing. Of course, they might fall into the popular classification of Old Covenant Holy Spirit-inspired Scripture.

The least one could do if they simply must have off-topic issues or questions addressed, is to present them one by one.

Well, it's common enough when folks run out of flimsy, Bible-twisting arguments and choose to play the ad hominem "cult" card to try to save face.

I would post a few of the many existing links to defend against this stuff but, unlike more and more folks I'm running into these days, I'd rather just talk about what the Bible has to say.

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ, be careful of the Seventh Day Adventist's cult doctrines...

I think it's interesting to note the way that the call to "Brethren in Christ" with no quotation or qualification of any kind suggests that a "Brother in Christ" might be just anyone reading who isn't an Adventist.

Neither Jew nor Greek...?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's interesting to note the way that the call to "Brethren in Christ" with no quotation or qualification of any kind suggests that a "Brother in Christ" might be just anyone reading who isn't an Adventist.

Just whatever YOU want to believe, go to. I'm sure studying Ellen White's false prophecies against written Scripture will train you to believe just whatever you want, instead of staying with the actual written Bible Scriptures.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And so the SDA junk continues here folks!

If one 1st has Faith on The Savior Jesus Christ, then works in Christ naturally will follow.

But to make the FALSE CLAIM that 'works' = Faith, is an idea that sprang from Jewish Pharisee converts to Christ (Galatians 2; Acts 15).

One cannot have 'works' in Christ UNLESS THEY HAVE 'FAITH' ON JESUS CHRIST FIRST.

• Wow

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what exactly makes the "STUDY LINK" "REAL."

I looked over the front page list and some of the items are questionable just from the title but, really, isn't it convenient that we now have an Internet we can use to just point people to canned slander about people we don't even know, but seem to hate anyway?

Honestly, this is the lowest form of defending what you believe—circulating a bunch of lies you probably haven't even read.

I'm sure the poetic books of Scripture have a lot to say about that kind of thing. Of course, they might fall into the popular classification of Old Covenant Holy Spirit-inspired Scripture.

The least one could do if they simply must have off-topic issues or questions addressed, is to present them one by one.

Well, it's common enough when folks run out of flimsy, Bible-twisting arguments and choose to play the ad hominem "cult" card to try to save face.

I would post a few of the many existing links to defend against this stuff but, unlike more and more folks I'm running into these days, I'd rather just talk about what the Bible has to say.

well the bible never said squat about JESUS not entering into the holiest until eighteen hundred and forty four .
ELLEN duped every last one of you . cause she could not admit to herself that her prescious miller was a date setter
who DECIEVED many . yah , lets talk about the bible . i do agree with you on that .
THINGS would be so much easier if all denominations dropped their teachings
and every last person just returned to JUST THE BIBLE and we learned IT for ourselves and talked about THE TRUTH amongst ourselves .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so the SDA junk continues here folks!

If one 1st has Faith on The Savior Jesus Christ, then works in Christ naturally will follow.

But to make the FALSE CLAIM that 'works' = Faith, is an idea that sprang from Jewish Pharisee converts to Christ (Galatians 2; Acts 15).

One cannot have 'works' in Christ UNLESS THEY HAVE 'FAITH' ON JESUS CHRIST FIRST.
Davy you got things wrong my friend . please tell me you dont think that paul and james preached contrary to one another .
CAUSE THEY DIDNT . its high time folks realize something . THERE IS WHAT IS KNOWN AS DEAD FAITH .
IT AINT REAL AT ALL . that many can LIP the name of CHRIST , even claim to believe the gospel
and yet they have NO FAITH IN HIM peroid . I was once ONE OF THOSE . I KNOW exactly what i speak about my friend .
JESUS NOR PAUL , paul nor peter , nor james , nor jude , nor john nor any of them preached contrary to one the other .
ITS MEN WHO dont know TRUTH who THINK they did . or who try and say well one is for a jew the other for a gentile .ITS ALL
JUST A LACK OF HUGE UNDERSTANDING on THEIR PART .
but i have the cure . GET IN THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES , dont read it through your denominations lens
BUT FOR YOU and YOU Watch what starts to happen . IT WILL ALL COME TOGETHER IN TIME .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No , its many though . and many of them even lip His name . many are being decieved and have been being decieved .
TILL NOW in this last hour the unifyer of the decieved is now MERGING ALL THE DECIEVED
to be as one . AND HIS MESSAGE , HIS FALSE LOVE , false unity , common ground
co exist , bridge builders and healing the wound and etc , IS ALL OVER THE DENOMINATIONS
as well as the false religoins . ITS GONNA MERGE THEM ALL BARNEY , even the athiest , even all to
merge as one under what they think is love and GOD . EVEN Now it has many and worse it will get .
BIBLE TIME FOLKS . i repeat BIBLE TIME and very fast too .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ELLEN duped every last one of you . cause she could not admit to herself that her prescious miller was a date setter
Thats not true. she never duped us by a date. He was a date setter--where did she say he wasn't.

Research your stuff before you post it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy you got things wrong my friend . please tell me you dont think that paul and james preached contrary to one another .
They certainly did not preach contrary to each other. James believed the same as Apostle Paul did.

And just what did Paul preach regarding the difference between Faith and works? Paul was emphatic that we are saved ONLY by Faith on Jesus Christ, and NOT by works.

Therefore, as I have said before, several times here in the ears of the hard of hearing, no man is to try and use law keeping (works) as a requirement of Christ's Salvation. That is exactly... what the Jewish converts in Acts 15 were trying to push upon believing Gentiles in Christ, saying the Gentiles must have their flesh circumcised in order to be saved, which is bondage back to the law. (And just so you know, I think flesh circumcision is a healthy practice. But it certainly cannot save anyone's soul.)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just whatever YOU want to believe, go to. I'm sure studying Ellen White's false prophecies against written Scripture will train you to believe just whatever you want, instead of staying with the actual written Bible Scriptures.

And I'm sure that mind reading and false accusations will help you reach no one for Christ.

If you don't care if the Adventists you presume are deceived are without Christ, then you're doing precisely the appropriate thing.

In the meantime, we'll be here letting whomever might be interested know that there's an article of God's moral code for human beings that's being dismissed and rejected by most Christians.

If that makes you mad and you want to sling some more mud, you would seem to be at perfect liberty to do so.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You've obviously never been involved in foreign mission work.

People have to be instructed.

I once spent 6 weeks in Bolivia trying to teach hungry people that it is wrong to steal food and, consequently, other things.

If the heart can be deceived to believe it's okay to steal necessities, it's easy to justify stealing wants as well.

I've had to do the same thing here in the US with regard to finer details.

Some people don't know that it's not okay to cheat the IRS. Many of these people call themselves "Christians."

The Holy Spirit changes the heart to tend towards loving God and fellow men, but He rarely abracadabras the details of morality onto folks.

Experience in practical godliness and soul-winning is something which cannot be substituted with storing up information and transferring it to Christian forum posts.