Here is why, as an Adventist, I believe America is in Trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope you understand that you are likely dealing with the type of Pharisee converts that Apostle Paul had to wrestle with per the Book of Galatians.

Gal 1:6-9
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him That called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
KJV

Gal 2:3-6
3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person, for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
KJV

Gal 2:15-16
15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
KJV

Gal 2:21
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
KJV
Mmmm. God forbid that Christians should suggest that keeping God's commandments are a good thing to do right? There's just gotta be something very fishy about that. Trying to work their way to heaven without a doubt. Teaching and even practising heresy. Being poor role models to minors. Impeding the work of God. Even teaching a different gospel! Ordinarily, on their own such actions would be seriously reprehensible, but in conjunction with obedience? What were they thinking?
They are everywhere as well. Under rocks. Whispering behind closed doors. They even go to church when everyone else is at the beach, mowing their lawns, or shopping. Fanatics probably eh. Jesus said something about that sort of person, what was it again,? Ummm... Oh yeah.
KJV Matthew 5:19-20
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Oh, hold on. I need to think about that some more.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmmm. God forbid that Christians should suggest that keeping God's commandments are a good thing to do right?
What kind of silly statement is that?

Are we talking about Christ's commandments per The New Covenant, or God's commandments per the Old Covenant? Are you still living under the Old Covenant? Better start hunting down witches and occultists and homosexuals then, and have adulterers executed then, etc., because all that is per GOD's commandments written in the Old Testament law.

Reactions: David in NJ

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are we talking about Christ's commandments per The New Covenant, or God's commandments per the Old Covenant?
There's a difference between Christ and God, and their will for man? Who is it precisely you are talking about in post# 960? Who exactly are these Pharisaical converts that are preaching another gospel from what Paul preached? Who exactly are these who are teaching that righteousness comes through obedience to the law? And what laws exactly are you referring to that is frustrating the grace of God? Clearly you have someone specific in mind that is proclaiming that they are justified by obedience rather than by faith in Christ. Would you like to do an inspection for circumcision, seeing these folk who have crept into the forum without being seen and are teaching one must be circumcised to be saved?

You must have someone in mind, and clear evidence of their teachings right? We would all love to know who you are referring to, and their posts that teach the above heresies. Please, avail yourself of the liberty you have in Christ that these people are jealous of. Expose them. Name them. Display the evidence for all to see. We wait with bated breath.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Luke 23:56
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Question 1. Was the above before or after the new covenant was ratified?
Question 2. Who were these women?
Question 3. Was the Sabbath still a commandment at this time?

Supplementary question. If anyone was to be told that the Sabbath was no longer a commandment, surely it would have been these women...even if it were by the men warning them not to expect to be saved by their good work in observing the Sabbath the day before right?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a difference between Christ and God, and their will for man? Who is it precisely you are talking about in post# 960? Who exactly are these Pharisaical converts that are preaching another gospel from what Paul preached? Who exactly are these who are teaching that righteousness comes through obedience to the law? And what laws exactly are you referring to that is frustrating the grace of God? Clearly you have someone specific in mind that is proclaiming that they are justified by obedience rather than by faith in Christ. Would you like to do an inspection for circumcision, seeing these folk who have crept into the forum without being seen and are teaching one must be circumcised to be saved?

You must have someone in mind, and clear evidence of their teachings right? We would all love to know who you are referring to, and their posts that teach the above heresies. Please, avail yourself of the liberty you have in Christ that these people are jealous of. Expose them. Name them. Display the evidence for all to see. We wait with bated breath.
Really, LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW?

I suggest you study Lord Jesus' parable of the tares of the field in Matthew 13. Sounds like you skipped that lesson He gave.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really, LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW?

I suggest you study Lord Jesus' parable of the tares of the field in Matthew 13. Sounds like you skipped that lesson He gave.
Ooooh, ouch. Now these unnamed villains are noxious weeds! They are among us! Goodness. On that basis then it shouldn't be too hard to find the evidence right? Davy must have inside knowledge. The angels don't know who they are yet, but Davy wants to pull out these tares on account of his personal Inciteful, sorry, insightful testimony. Evidence Davy. Fruit. That's how the tares are identified. And if the fruit were ripe and identifiable, we'd all be home by now.

So what evidence Davy do you have that informs us all that there is danger in listening to these yet to be identified monsters.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ooooh, ouch. Now these unnamed villains are noxious weeds! They are among us! Goodness. On that basis then it shouldn't be too hard to find the evidence right? Davy must have inside knowledge.
Careful, you are starting to make up LIES again.

I have no 'insider' knowledge. I simply STAY in GOD'S WORD AS WRITTEN. Is that not what you try to do also? Evidently you do not, otherwise you would have understood what I was pointing to about the Pharisee converts that were causing trouble with "another gospel"...

Because I'm forced to show so many Bible Scriptures in my posts as proof of what I say reveals that some folks here are not studying their Bible hardly at all.

Gal 1:6-9
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him That called you into the grace of Christ unto
another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
KJV

Acts 15:1
15 And
certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, "Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved."
KJV

Acts 15:5
5 But there rose up
certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, "That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."
KJV

Acts 15:23-24
23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner;
The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 Forasmuch as we have heard,
that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, "Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law": to whom we gave no such commandment:
KJV

Gal 5:1-12
5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well;
who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
8 This persuasion cometh not of Him That calleth you.
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded:
but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
KJV

Do you know what Apostle Paul meant with that last 12th verse above, about something being "cut off"? The Greek for the word "were" there is apokopto (NT:609) which means 'to amputate'. Paul is saying he wished (in anger at those false ones crept in causing the trouble) that their thing was just amputated! the whole thing cut off!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of silly statement is that?

Are we talking about Christ's commandments per The New Covenant, or God's commandments per the Old Covenant? Are you still living under the Old Covenant? Better start hunting down witches and occultists and homosexuals then, and have adulterers executed then, etc., because all that is per GOD's commandments written in the Old Testament law.
Davy, you antinomians refuse to acknowledge the Biblical distinction between the Mosaic Law of ceremonies/sacrifices and the Moral Law of Ten Commandments - and you do that in order to place the Ten Commandments under the umbrella of the Old Covenant and nail both to the Cross when only the Mosaic Law was.

I made the decision to join the SDA church because we stand alone as the only denomination that doesn't force square pegs in round holes or pretend the triangles and stars don't exist.

The Bible repeatedly and explicitly differentiates between the two. For instance, "circumcision is nothing...uncircumcision is nothing" but if you kill or commit adultery you become a "transgressor of the law" - and you guys know it. Why not obey God instead of manufacturing ways to "justify" disobeying Him?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brakelite

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, you antinomians refuse to acknowledge the Biblical distinction between the Mosaic Law of ceremonies/sacrifices and the Moral Law of Ten Commandments - and you do that in order to place the Ten Commandments under the umbrella of the Old Covenant and nail both to the Cross when only the Mosaic Law was.

I made the decision to join the SDA church because we stand alone as the only denomination that doesn't force square pegs in round holes or pretend the triangles and stars don't exist.

The Bible repeatedly and explicitly differentiates between the two. For instance, "circumcision is nothing...uncircumcision is nothing" but if you kill or commit adultery you become a "transgressor of the law" - and you guys know it. Why not obey God instead of manufacturing ways to "justify" disobeying Him?
Apostle Paul laid out Christian Doctrine about God's laws in 1 Timothy 1, 1 Corinthians 6, and Galatians 5. You might want to study what Paul said there instead of pushing some false SDA doctrine.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Paul laid out Christian Doctrine about God's laws in 1 Timothy 1, 1 Corinthians 6, and Galatians 5. You might want to study what Paul said there instead of pushing some false SDA doctrine.
Unfortunately for you, the NT commands us to keep all Ten Commandments while setting us free from any obligation to keep the Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices - one of those Biblical distinctions your empty religion leading you to hell won't allow you to acknowledge, friend.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately for you, the NT commands us to keep all Ten Commandments while setting us free from any obligation to keep the Mosaic Law of ceremonies and sacrifices - one of those Biblical distinctions your empty religion leading you to hell won't allow you to acknowledge, friend.
There is only ONE WAY of Salvation, and that is through FAITH on God's Promised Savior Jesus Christ. And FAITH on that Promise is NOT the law.

Gal 3:11-14
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, 'Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:'

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit
through faith.
KJV

So you might want to quit listening to the Orthodox unbelieving Jews, and open up The New Testament more and study about The New Covenant.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is only ONE WAY of Salvation, and that is through FAITH on God's Promised Savior Jesus Christ. And FAITH on that Promise is NOT the law.

Gal 3:11-14
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, 'Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:'

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit
through faith.
KJV

So you might want to quit listening to the Orthodox unbelieving Jews, and open up The New Testament more and study about The New Covenant.
No-one is suggesting otherwise. What we are saying is that once a Christian, one must reconcile himself with who is sovereign, who has ultimate authority over your life, and who you render obedience to. You are already saved, justified. But to what purpose? Deciding on your own terms who you obey and who you ignore? Once you are saved, does that mean God abdicated his throne of authority over you? If not, then why do you follow and obey the command of men over the commands of God?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are in the midst of a battle for supremacy over minds and hearts of men. Either you belong to the kingdom of this world, or the kingdom of heaven. The two principles contending for supremacy cannot coexist. You are either in one or the other. Obey God, or man. Your choice.
Just don't be the hypocrite and condemn us for choosing to obey God.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No-one is suggesting otherwise. What we are saying is that once a Christian, one must reconcile himself with who is sovereign, who has ultimate authority over your life, and who you render obedience to. You are already saved, justified. But to what purpose? Deciding on your own terms who you obey and who you ignore? Once you are saved, does that mean God abdicated his throne of authority over you? If not, then why do you follow and obey the command of men over the commands of God?

What was it that the Christian Jews in Jerusalem along with Peter and Paul agree to about the Gentiles, per Acts 15?

I admonish you to remember that, instead of wanting to play the Pharisee convert role which Apostle Paul in Galatians 2 called "false brethren unawares brought in".

Gal 2:1-5
2 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
KJV

Therefore, brethren in Christ Jesus, don't listen to these who go about trying to establish law-keeping as a requirement to be saved, which ONLY by FAITH are we saved, and not by works of the law. The Holy Spirit Comforter is given to each believer on Jesus Christ at their baptism and will teach us as we walk with Jesus.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who post strawman arguments are guilty of engaging in deception, which has no place in a Christian discussion forum.

I NEVER SAID THERE WERE MULTIPLE WAYS TO OBTAIN SALVATION, NOR THAT IT CAN BE OBTAINED BY WORKS - SO STOP RESPONDING TO MY POSTS AS IF I DID SAY IT.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Davy
Here is a quote from one of the most prolific Adventist writers on the subject of salvation, righteousness by faith. This is Adventist teaching to the very core. Read carefully, and cease your constant accusations and false claims of legalism and salvation by works simply on the basis of your prejudices against not only Adventism, but the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.

Quote.
Christ has been set forth by God as the One through whom forgiveness of sins is to be obtained; and this forgiveness consists simply in the declaration of His righteousness (which is the righteousness of God) for their remission. God, "who is rich in mercy" (Eph. 2:4) and who delights in it, puts His own righteousness on the sinner who believes in Jesus, as a substitute for his sins. Surely, this is a profitable exchange for the sinner, and it is no loss to God, for He is infinite in holiness and the supply can never be diminished. The scripture that we have just been considering (Rom. 3:24- 26) is but another statement of verses 21, 22, following the declaration that by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be made righteous. The apostle adds, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe." God puts His righteousness upon the believer. He covers him with it, so that his sin no more appears. Then the forgiven one can exclaim with the prophet: "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. Isa. 61:10.

But what about "the righteousness of God without the law"? How does that accord with the statement that the law is the righteousness of God, and that outside of its requirements there is no righteousness? There is no contradiction here. The law is not ignored by this process. Note carefully: Who gave the law? Christ. How did He speak it? "As one having authority," even as God. The law sprang from Him the same as from the Father, and is simply a declaration of the righteousness of His character. Therefore the righteousness which comes by the faith of Jesus Christ is the same righteousness that is epitomized in the law, and this is further proved by the fact that it is "witnessed by the law." Let the reader try to picture the scene. Here stands the law as the swift witness against the sinner. It cannot change, and it will not call a sinner a righteous man. The convicted sinner tries again and again to obtain righteousness from the law, but it resists all his advances. It cannot be bribed by any amount of penance or professedly good deeds. But here stands Christ, "full of grace" as well as of truth, calling the sinner to Him. At last the sinner, weary of the vain struggle to get righteousness from the law, listens to the voice of Christ and flees to His outstretched arms. Hiding in Christ, he is covered with His righteousness, and now behold! he has obtained, through faith in Christ, that for which he has been vainly striving. He has the righteousness which the law requires, and it is the genuine article, because he obtained it from the Source of Righteousness, from the very place whence the law came. And the law witnesses to the genuineness of this righteousness. It says that so long as the man retains that, it will go into court and defend him against all accusers. It will witness to the fact that he is a righteous man. With the righteousness which is "through the faith of Christ, 63 the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil. 3:9), Paul was sure that he would stand secure in the day of Christ.

That is a small excerpt from his book, Christ and His Righteousness, by E J Waggoner.

There is not a hint, or the slightest suggestion in any of what he wrote, a later Adventist pioneer, that Adventists, as a denomination, seek to be justified by the law.

• Love
Reactions: Phoneman777

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who post strawman arguments are guilty of engaging in deception, which has no place in a Christian discussion forum.

I NEVER SAID THERE WERE MULTIPLE WAYS TO OBTAIN SALVATION, NOR THAT IT CAN BE OBTAINED BY WORKS - SO STOP RESPONDING TO MY POSTS AS IF I DID SAY IT.

@Davy
Here is a quote from one of the most prolific Adventist writers on the subject of salvation, righteousness by faith. This is Adventist teaching to the very core. Read carefully, and cease your constant accusations and false claims of legalism and salvation by works simply on the basis of your prejudices against not only Adventism, but the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.

Quote.
Christ has been set forth by God as the One through whom forgiveness of sins is to be obtained; and this forgiveness consists simply in the declaration of His righteousness (which is the righteousness of God) for their remission. God, "who is rich in mercy" (Eph. 2:4) and who delights in it, puts His own righteousness on the sinner who believes in Jesus, as a substitute for his sins. Surely, this is a profitable exchange for the sinner, and it is no loss to God, for He is infinite in holiness and the supply can never be diminished. The scripture that we have just been considering (Rom. 3:24- 26) is but another statement of verses 21, 22, following the declaration that by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be made righteous. The apostle adds, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe." God puts His righteousness upon the believer. He covers him with it, so that his sin no more appears. Then the forgiven one can exclaim with the prophet: "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. Isa. 61:10.

But what about "the righteousness of God without the law"? How does that accord with the statement that the law is the righteousness of God, and that outside of its requirements there is no righteousness? There is no contradiction here. The law is not ignored by this process. Note carefully: Who gave the law? Christ. How did He speak it? "As one having authority," even as God. The law sprang from Him the same as from the Father, and is simply a declaration of the righteousness of His character. Therefore the righteousness which comes by the faith of Jesus Christ is the same righteousness that is epitomized in the law, and this is further proved by the fact that it is "witnessed by the law." Let the reader try to picture the scene. Here stands the law as the swift witness against the sinner. It cannot change, and it will not call a sinner a righteous man. The convicted sinner tries again and again to obtain righteousness from the law, but it resists all his advances. It cannot be bribed by any amount of penance or professedly good deeds. But here stands Christ, "full of grace" as well as of truth, calling the sinner to Him. At last the sinner, weary of the vain struggle to get righteousness from the law, listens to the voice of Christ and flees to His outstretched arms. Hiding in Christ, he is covered with His righteousness, and now behold! he has obtained, through faith in Christ, that for which he has been vainly striving. He has the righteousness which the law requires, and it is the genuine article, because he obtained it from the Source of Righteousness, from the very place whence the law came. And the law witnesses to the genuineness of this righteousness. It says that so long as the man retains that, it will go into court and defend him against all accusers. It will witness to the fact that he is a righteous man. With the righteousness which is "through the faith of Christ, 63 the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Phil. 3:9), Paul was sure that he would stand secure in the day of Christ.

That is a small excerpt from his book, Christ and His Righteousness, by E J Waggoner.

There is not a hint, or the slightest suggestion in any of what he wrote, a later Adventist pioneer, that Adventists, as a denomination, seek to be justified by the law.

Amen, and Amen. There is not a stitch of genuine Adventist teaching which represents that we may, in any way, add to the substance of Christ's essential and necessary Atonement by means of our own performance.

Even if we obeyed the law perfectly from the time of our conversions forward, what would that do to expiate the sins committed previously?

The logic that is required to uphold either the keeping of the 4th commandment alone or all 10 as a means of justification, as being conceivable to those who advocate for the restoration of the 7th-day, Bible Sabbath, is a frightening form of absolute cognitive distortion.

Mrs. White herself wrote that legalism is, in fact, at the root of every false religion. And it doesn't take much ingenuity to concur with that conclusion.

So, so far from effecting the perfect liberty they suppose, false teachers of neo-New Covenantism are but daring to offer their own, Cain-like sacrifices at the altar of God.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When Apostle Paul said that Faith is NOT the law in Galatians 3, and that the law cannot save, he was NOT engaging in deception nor did he present a strawman argument.

Phoneman777's FALSE argument is against Apostle Paul's teaching in Galatians 3 and Romans 4, not with me.

It is obvious that still... today... Jewish converts to Jesus Christ MUST still be reminded of what Apostle Paul taught in Galatians which the Book of Galatians is one of the FOUNDATION BOOKS OF CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE!

Gal 3:1-3
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
KJV

Gal 3:5
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth He it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
KJV

Gal 3:11
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
KJV

Gal 3:12
KJV

Gal 3:17-19
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
KJV

Gal 3:21
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
KJV

Gal 3:23-26
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy
I am not interested in YOUR Seventh Day Adventist doctrines you got from a claimed prophetess Ellen White. My copy of God's written Word supersedes self-styled prophets that makes prophecies that have failed to come true.

It is you... that needs to READ CAREFULLY what God said in HIS WORD, and not by some cult.

Brethren in Christ Jesus:
Judge what those of men's doctrines of Seventh Day Adventists falsely claim. ANY... idea that we are 'saved' by ANY work of the law, INCLUDING keeping a Hebrew sabbath TRADITION as a requirement to be 'in Christ', is a teaching AGAINST THE NEW COVENANT SCRIPTURE.

Oh, my mistake, Seventh Day Adventists do NOT actually keep the Old Testament sabbath as the children of Israel did in the Old Testament times. But many of the Orthodox unbelieving Jews do, especially in the nation state of today's Israel.

The original sabbath was per a Hebrew calendar reckoning -- starting at Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. There was to be NO SERVILE WORK done during that period. So do Seventh Day Adventists really stay perfect in that? No! They often fail in one of the main things they push for ALL Christians to do!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Apostle Paul said that Faith is NOT the law in Galatians 3, and that the law cannot save, he was NOT engaging in deception nor did he present a strawman argument.

Phoneman777's FALSE argument is against Apostle Paul's teaching in Galatians 3 and Romans 4, not with me.

It is obvious that still... today... Jewish converts to Jesus Christ MUST still be reminded of what Apostle Paul taught in Galatians which the Book of Galatians is one of the FOUNDATION BOOKS OF CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE!

Gal 3:1-3
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
KJV

Gal 3:5
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth He it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
KJV

Gal 3:11
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
KJV

Gal 3:12
KJV

Gal 3:17-19
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
KJV

Gal 3:21
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
KJV

Gal 3:23-26
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
KJV
I am not interested in YOUR Seventh Day Adventist doctrines you got from a claimed prophetess Ellen White. My copy of God's written Word supersedes self-styled prophets that makes prophecies that have failed to come true.

It is you... that needs to READ CAREFULLY what God said in HIS WORD, and not by some cult.

Brethren in Christ Jesus:
Judge what those of men's doctrines of Seventh Day Adventists falsely claim. ANY... idea that we are 'saved' by ANY work of the law, INCLUDING keeping a Hebrew sabbath TRADITION as a requirement to be 'in Christ', is a teaching AGAINST THE NEW COVENANT SCRIPTURE.

Oh, my mistake, Seventh Day Adventists do NOT actually keep the Old Testament sabbath as the children of Israel did in the Old Testament times. But many of the Orthodox unbelieving Jews do, especially in the nation state of today's Israel.

The original sabbath was per a Hebrew calendar reckoning -- starting at Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. There was to be NO SERVILE WORK done during that period. So do Seventh Day Adventists really stay perfect in that? No! They often fail in one of the main things they push for ALL Christians to do!

What's the point in replying to someone who pretends that certain things aren't even being said, when they actually are, and that things are being said when they actually aren't?

Aside from being a patently false teacher, you're literally denying the reality that any passerby can plainly see.

You're just talking past people rather than to them.

If you're not interested, why are you participating in a thread about Adventism?

Reactions: Brakelite