Heresy, Heretics, and Hurt feelings...oh my

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet the Bible teaches there is but "one faith" Ephesians 4:5 and not many faithS as denominationalism falsely claims. Therefore the often asked question "what faith are you" has no Biblical basis whatsoever. Furthermore, Jesus refers to this one faith as 'truth' (John 17:17) and truth NEVER contradicts itself. Heresy then is anything that goes against that one faith, that one truth, that one body of information given us within the pages of the NT. Many, many heresies are found within the teachings of many groups but no heresy is ever found within the one faith. There will not be any agreement among people over that one faith in this life, therefore on judgment day there will be a permanent, everlasting separation between those who correctly had that one faith from those that sincerely thought they held it correctly.
I think the "one faith" refers to Christ and the gospel, not other doctrines that divide Christians into denominations.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prayer the terminal sick is a mystery and many claim if you just had the faith.. the pentecostals practice that faith faith they still die.it is up to God .no i cant explain it either mom did from complications from alzheimer's my dad had parkinson's mom beat cancer died from alzheimer's

I'm sorry for your losing your parents from such horrible diseases :(
Yes..."You do not have enough faith" <--- heard that a gazillion times and, I now longer pay it any attention as, I know the faith I have. The Pentecostal Church I attended in 1992 were just like that. They said I just need more faith to be "slain in The Spirit" :rolleyes: The guy was pushing me back, pretty hard too! Since then, I have grown, and find NO scripture for this, I know many faked it because years after, they told me so, one was my sister and another was from the congregation whom I ran into many years later. That place was full of confusion and I got chills and just wanted to walk out when EVERYONE in the WHOLE congregation started to gibber jabber at the SAME time. That is not at all how I see tongues but, I believe if God want's me to have these "gifts". He will be the one to let me know.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
I think the "one faith" refers to Christ and the gospel, not other doctrines that divide Christians into denominations.

THe one faith does includes Christ's doctrine and any doctrine not of Christ's doctrine would be a false doctrine. No such thing as 'denominational doctrine' found in the Bible, just Christ's doctrine.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry for your losing your parents from such horrible diseases :(
Yes..."You do not have enough faith" <--- heard that a gazillion times and, I now longer pay it any attention as, I know the faith I have. The Pentecostal Church I attended in 1992 were just like that. They said I just need more faith to be "slain in The Spirit" :rolleyes: The guy was pushing me back, pretty hard too! Since then, I have grown, and find NO scripture for this, I know many faked it because years after, they told me so, one was my sister and another was from the congregation whom I ran into many years later. That place was full of confusion and I got chills and just wanted to walk out when EVERYONE in the WHOLE congregation started to gibber jabber at the SAME time. That is not at all how I see tongues but, I believe if God want's me to have these "gifts". He will be the one to let me know.
life goes on death is a part of life no one likes to experience . .i have many pentecostal friends they are just as saved as i am.. not realcertain on tongues and how they are used today. slain in the spirit i do not agree with.. romans 12 reads we have all been given measure of the faith whenipary forthesicki keep praying till i see what the Lord is going to do . if it doesn't look good i pray the lord GIVES THEM STRENGTH to face it head on .a guy i know battling terminal cancer been praying for him. his wife flipped out while he was in the hospital. bagged his clothes up dump urine on them...yes urine she wants his s.s check . she is nutzs big time.. how do you pray about that.. taking radiation and chemo cancerinone ling bigmass. cancer is his back . you just pray and ask god to help them .his wife she needs mental help . God is not the author of confusion

Reactions: Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you seem to ignore my post if there is 1 Lord 1 faith why all the division . imo baptist are just about the worst . closed communion / open foot washing /doesn't believe in it. osas/osnas , rebaptize to join a church from a different denom . the list goes on and on.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
life goes on death is a part of life no one likes to experience . .i have many pentecostal friends they are just as saved as i am.. not realcertain on tongues and how they are used today. slain in the spirit i do not agree with.. romans 12 reads we have all been given measure of the faith whenipary forthesicki keep praying till i see what the Lord is going to do . if it doesn't look good i pray the lord GIVES THEM STRENGTH to face it head on .a guy i know battling terminal cancer been praying for him. his wife flipped out while he was in the hospital. bagged his clothes up dump urine on them...yes urine she wants his s.s check . she is nutzs big time.. how do you pray about that.. taking radiation and chemo cancerinone ling bigmass. cancer is his back . you just pray and ask god to help them .his wife she needs mental help . God is not the author of confusion

Oh, your poor friend :( Yes, his wife sure does need mental and spiritual help it seems. I hope God will answer your prayers for him.
God bless you for praying for him!