Heresy within Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm looking at the data you presented, but even with language arts added, the U.S. is still above average.
Yes. The key is data. Do you have anything else?

Data does play role in forming STATS, and OPINIONS.

When considering WHO the Collector of "studies, poles, testing, Stats -- IS --, lends credence to the INTENT, the Bias, the hope and intent...of the WHO is collecting the "DATA" in hopes to have "opinions" in the "collectors" FAVOR.

Be it a Politician, a Scientist, a Teacher, a Parent...whatever...they WILL Favor STATS, that Reflects (directly or indirectly) Favorably on "Them".

Sure Students TEST scores can be Rated and Compared on numerous Levels...age, wealth status, materials available, nations, etc.

But to NOT ignore the Facts, regarding US Students:
Standards of Achievement...Lowered.
Changing of Grading system...
Open Book "testing"...
Redefining Terms ... from average to excellent
Improved...CHEATING techniques

Stats? The STUDENT in US education programs, from public, private, colleges, universities grad programs...are RAMPANT in Admission of CHEATING... ( and in many cases the Cheating has been shown and taught, intentionally overlooked and instigated BY the "guardian" over the Student.

And WHEN...checked or discovered...
An "interested party"...wealthy parent, cleric, coach, community positioned honored person, etc. to the Rescue...to REDUCE the Students "CONSEQUENCE" to a "Wake up call with the students Feared (LOL)... "Feather lashing".

Sure, the High "grade Stats" of US Students "look like" an Improved progression...and Students are Pleased to wave their Blue Ribbons...and BE called...Honored.

It is a Deceptive, False, Wicked thing to give AWARDS and HONOR to CHEATERS.

Students are taught they can work hard and achieve whatever the want...
Problem IS: their "hard work" is MORE times than NOT, geared toward, perfecting CHEATING techniques and Accepting Honor for the Merits of someone else's Work.
( and BTW...that ^ MANY times carries over into adulthood and Employment situations )

Corrupt Educational institutions are a reflection of a Corrupt a society, that promotes and tolerates corruption.
Nothing new, but HAS "progressed" exponentially, and widely accepted and defended as Normal. <--- Barf!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science - Revealed in Scripture.

Science, basically Discovery of something Unknown ... and WHAT are the Possibilities that can Be achieved with the Discovery.

God Himself was the First Teacher of Science.

Ex 31:
[3] And I ( the LORD )have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Discovery...AND...the "Use" and "Possibility" of the discovery...was always FOR GOOD, Given Man-Kind.

Man-KIND, divided. (ISRAEL/Gentile's).

... (little children of ISRAEL) commissioned to TEACH science to Gentile's.

Dan 1:
[4] Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the (Gentile) king's palace, and whom they (ISRAEL children) might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans.

Between ethnicity of Jews and Gentiles...Jews still rank Higher in Science, as they should, with some 4,000 years of having had a Supreme Teacher!

Glory to God,
Taken

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apologies for repeating a post, but I believe there are seven churches making up the one, all which will be sealed in the Lambs Book of Life....

Candlesticks
- Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

1. Ephesus - Messianic - Obstained from the Gentiles
2. Smyrna - Martyr - The Foxes Book of Martyrs has the Roman Persecution as ten.
3. Pergamos - Orthodox- Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
4. Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
5. Sardis- Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
6. Philadelphia - period of revivals - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
7. Laodicea - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

These are very much different churches. If you read into the prophecy all have their issues. I believe, as all these churches are different, that we are all heretics in the eyes of some other congregation. Thank God for the Lord Jesus Christ, who alone is the one without heresy.

Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and, indeed, to neglect to confound evil men—when we can do it—is no less a sin than to encourage them.- Pope St. Felix III

The Catholic church thinks they are the true church. The only thing is that opens the door to the spirit of Jezebel, which is to forcefully control and to dominate. And they do this thinking they are in God's service. To me a church declaring themselves as the only true church opens the door to mean spirits,

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Above average in math and science, compared to most other nations.
Even your link shows American students to be above average compared to other nations in math,science, and reading tests.

Give a 14% immigrant population,that's surprisingly good. Not good enough, but it is better than we would expect. And as you see, conservative states or those with very high immigrant populations often have very low student achievement, but states with less conservative policies and/or low immigrant populations are often as good as the best countries in the world.

9523_1cb29c22cedf7cb9f0bc1a9398daaa03.png

And we are by far better than any other nation lacking national educational standards.

Those are facts, which you have seen.

I would be open to your evidence that these international tests involve cheating.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Between ethnicity of Jews and Gentiles...Jews still rank Higher in Science, as they should, with some 4,000 years of having had a Supreme Teacher!

Ashkenazi Jews do. Shephardic Jews do not. It appears that there was an extreme selective pressure for intelligence in European Jews, who were kept out of many professions.

J Biosoc Sci. 2007 May;39(3):465-73.
Intelligence differences between European and oriental Jews in Israel.
David H1, Lynn R.
Abstract
A number of studies have found that Ashkenazi Jews in the United States have a high average IQ. It has been proposed by Cochran, Hardy and Harpending (2006) that this can be explained by the occupational constraints imposed on the Ashkenazi for many centuries in Europe, when they were largely confined to money-lending. They propose that this selected for the high verbal and mathematical intelligence that has several times been found in American Ashkenazim. The current study investigates how far this theory holds for European and Oriental Jews in Israel. A review of studies shows that Oriental Jews in Israel have an average IQ 14 points lower than that of European (largely Ashkenazi) Jews. It is proposed that this difference can be explained in terms of the Cochran, Hardy and Harpending theory because Oriental Jews were permitted to engage in a much wider range of occupations and hence did not come under the selection pressure to develop the high verbal and mathematical intelligence that was present for Ashkenazim.

The irony is that the genes that seem to be linked to higher intelligence, also predispose to a number of severe genetic disorders, apparently because they increase the growth of neurons, sometimes in ways that are harmful.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even your link shows American students to be above average compared to other nations in math,science, and reading tests.

Give a 14% immigrant population,that's surprisingly good. Not good enough, but it is better than we would expect. And as you see, conservative states often have very low student achievement, but states with less conservative policies and/or low immigrant populations are often as good as the best countries in the world.

And we are by far better than any other nation lacking national educational standards.

I would be open to your evidence that these international tests involve cheating. What do you have?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PISA-worldwide-ranking-average-score-of-mathematics-science-reading.png

I acknowledge that you question the way education works in the U.S., but as you see, it works pretty well, compared to the rest of the world, even if you factor in language arts in a nation with many immigrants, such as ours. As you saw from the TIMSS results

And I'm thinking you'd really not like the systems in those countries that do better than we do. They all have forms of common core with national education standards, lots of the social issues you don't seem to like, and most of them have much more liberal policies.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very colorful display,

And highly informative. In identical tests, US students do much better than average, compared to students of most other nations.

but surely you know that there are more subjects than math and science.

Yep. But of course you can't do identical tests for those, since social studies, language arts, and so on will be different in each nation. It surprised me that the PISA tests show the US above average if you include reading, when the US has one of the highest immigrant populations in the world.

This display doesn't show what education should be in the U.S., and it doesn't show the MAIN problem. The main problem with education in the U.S. is that the schools are watering down academic subjects and spending more and more time on what they call affective education.

In an apples-to-apples comparison, our kids did much better than average. Just saying. So clearly, we do better than most nations in teaching math and science. To assess language arts and social studies, you'd have to factor in the issue of immigrant children, who likely know less about U.S. history and are likely less proficient in English than the rest of us. I don't see that data, but since we're doing a rather good job in math and science, I'm guessing those data would show equally good results.

The word affective has to do with attitudes, beliefs, values and emotions. They're currently calling this trend Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). The States have developed, or are developing, lists of SEL competency levels called Performance Descriptors (i.e. behavioral objectives) to be used by the schools to teach and test the SEL competencies.

So why do you think that (if that's what's going on) does so well with math and science?

Do you want your grandchildren's values and beliefs TESTED/ASSESSED by their schools??? This is happening now throughout the U.S., not only through yearly assessments, but also through what is called "embedded assessment," which is used throughout the school day.

I've reviewed curricula from time to time, and I haven't seen that in any public schools I've looked at. Do you have a specific district with checkable sources? I'd be interested in seeing that.

Several years ago, the state departments of education received federal grants to develop Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems that allow local schools to report info to the States on a daily basis, and this info also goes to the National Center for Education Statistics (U.S. Department of Education). From there, it can be used by third party vendors who express an interest in the info. These codes are very specific. I reviewed the 4000+ pages of codes for data elements at the federal level called the Common Education Data Standards (CEDS).

Parents have no control over what data is collected and who uses this data!
[/QUOTE]

Here's the website. Can you show me wherein individual student data is kept? So far as I can see, it only uses compiled data that does not identify individual students. That's been going on since I was in elementary school.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Give a 14% immigrant population,that's surprisingly good. Not good enough, but it is better than we would expect. And as you see, conservative states or those with very high immigrant populations often have very low student achievement, but states with less conservative policies and/or low immigrant populations are often as good as the best countries in the world.

9523_1cb29c22cedf7cb9f0bc1a9398daaa03.png

I would be open to your evidence that these international tests involve cheating.

I don't ignore the Facts of Nation comparing.

Why do you Ignore the Facts of CHEATING to obtain a high rating?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ashkenazi Jews do. Shephardic Jews do not. It appears that there was an extreme selective pressure for intelligence in European Jews, who were kept out of many professions.

J Biosoc Sci. 2007 May;39(3):465-73.
Intelligence differences between European and oriental Jews in Israel.
David H1, Lynn R.
Abstract
A number of studies have found that Ashkenazi Jews in the United States have a high average IQ. It has been proposed by Cochran, Hardy and Harpending (2006) that this can be explained by the occupational constraints imposed on the Ashkenazi for many centuries in Europe, when they were largely confined to money-lending. They propose that this selected for the high verbal and mathematical intelligence that has several times been found in American Ashkenazim. The current study investigates how far this theory holds for European and Oriental Jews in Israel. A review of studies shows that Oriental Jews in Israel have an average IQ 14 points lower than that of European (largely Ashkenazi) Jews. It is proposed that this difference can be explained in terms of the Cochran, Hardy and Harpending theory because Oriental Jews were permitted to engage in a much wider range of occupations and hence did not come under the selection pressure to develop the high verbal and mathematical intelligence that was present for Ashkenazim.

The irony is that the genes that seem to be linked to higher intelligence, also predispose to a number of severe genetic disorders, apparently because they increase the growth of neurons, sometimes in ways that are harmful.

Gene mutation, damaged, injured, diseases, personal interest, job requirement, exposure, repetition, can all be factors in measuring IQ, which is not so much about already KNOWING Information, as it is Measuring Capability to LEARN Information.

And IQ testing, is not flaw proof, in that such questions that are of complete disinterest to the person may be completely left unanswered. It doesn't mean that person is incapable of learning, but simply disinterested in the topic.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Give a 14% immigrant population,that's surprisingly good. Not good enough, but it is better than we would expect. And as you see, conservative states often have very low student achievement, but states with less conservative policies and/or low immigrant populations are often as good as the best countries in the world.

I would be open to your evidence that these international tests involve cheating. What do you have?

Reported Polls and surveys are all over the Internet.
Personally, I have sub-taught and "talked with" a large number of students, who (off the record) largely admitted to having cheated...stealing tests, plagerism, used cheat sheets during tests, copying homework of others, mobile devices, class whispering, parents or siblings Doing their homework and "projects" (like science projects) "for" them! And most viewed it, as no big deal, no hefty fear factor of getting caught or Earth-shattering consequence, that deterred them from cheating on repeated occasions.

In a survey of 24,000 students at 70 high schools, Donald McCabe (Rutgers University) found that 64 percent of students admitted to cheating on a test, 58 percent admitted to plagiarism and 95 percent said they participated in some form of cheating, whether it was on a test, plagiarism or copying homework.
Plagiarism.com

About 68 percent of students polled admitted to cheating at least once, according to a survey of more than 71,000 students by the International Center for Academic Integrity (ICAI) in 2015. VOANews.com

More than 70,000 students both graduates and undergraduates took part in it. And the results obtained were jaw-dropping, as 95% of the surveyed students admitted to cheating on a test and homework, or committing plagiarism. Unicheck.com

Admission of cheating (without consequence), as polls and surveys are conducted, will render a fairly accurate stat IMO.
Students Cheat...and gain honors and benefits from cheating!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't ignore the Facts of Nation comparing.

Why do you Ignore the Facts of CHEATING to obtain a high rating?

You haven't yet give us any reason to believe that the high levels of achievement of U.S. students on these international test are due to cheating. What do you have? Checkable source would be important.

One would think that if American students were cheating in large numbers in public school, their achievement levels on international tests would be lower, not higher. After all, cheating would indicate less learning, not more. How do you explain that?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Created KINDS if things.

Every KIND of thing EVOLVES, according to the true meaning of EVOLVE,

You don't seem to know what "evolve" means. Darwin used it only once in his book. It means "change." His preferred term was "descent with modification" which after the rediscovery of Mendel's genetics, became "change in allele frequency in a population over time."

(which is simply a development of "A KIND" of thing into a more complex form.)

No. For example, mammalian skeletons are simpler than the reptilian ones from which they evolved. Simplification of the shoulder joint, loss of cervical ribs, simpler jaws, and so on.

Man Begins as a Seed, and Developes into a baby, a child, an adult, (maybe receives a Quickened spirit, maybe not), still a man KIND of Thing.

When people says "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny", it doesn't mean that we actually become one thing after another in utero. But I don't blame you for getting that wrong; some biology students have a hard time with it, too.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me wherein individual student data is kept? So far as I can see, it only uses compiled data that does not identify individual students. That's been going on since I was in elementary school.

A lot has changed since you were in elementary school! You're not in Kansas, anymore, Dorothy.

Federal law requires that assessment tests "produce individual student interpretive, descriptive, and diagnostic reports" (quoted from Title I of the NCLB) thanks to George Bush (Jr.) in his reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) called the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). His administration actually added that to the law. Prior to NCLB, only aggregate data was required. Obama's reauthorization called the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) also requires this. You can read the law for yourself. Considering that schools use the Social Security number as student ID's, any data collected by schools can be transferred to the federal government.

You might want to take a look at the Institute of Education Sciences (IES, National Center for Education Statistics) Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS). I read the grant application for the state of Georgia that said data from local schools will be reported to the State nightly. The following is a quote from that application:

The Department's existing collection of student data... will be replaced by an Enterprise Data Hub. The hub will facilitate efficient and reliable interoperability with local educational agencies [i.e. local school systems]... and federal databases.​

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gene mutation, damaged, injured, diseases, personal interest, job requirement, exposure, repetition, can all be factors in measuring IQ, which is not so much about already KNOWING Information, as it is Measuring Capability to LEARN Information.

Even with all those factors controlled, Jews of European ancestry average about 14 points higher IQ than other Jews.

And IQ testing, is not flaw proof,

But they are statistically valid. And that's what matters.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot has changed since you were in elementary school! You're not in Kansas, anymore, Dorothy.

Well, let's take a look..

Federal law requires that assessment tests "produce individual student interpretive, descriptive, and diagnostic reports" (quoted from Title 1 of the NCLB) thanks to George Bush (Jr.) in his reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) called the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB).

That happened when I was in elementary school. My parents got such reports, and so did the school. I'm looking for your evidence that the federal government keeps individual student achievement records. What do you have?

Considering that schools use the Social Security number as student ID's,

Some might. But I know many do not. Can you show me an example of one that does?

any data collected by schools can be transferred to the federal government.

That was true when I was in elementary school. So what's changed?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That happened when I was in elementary school. My parents got such reports, and so did the school. I'm looking for your evidence that the federal government keeps individual student achievement records. What do you have?
LOL, were you in elementary school when George W. Bush was president?? The original ESEA was passed under LBJ in 1965. I'm talking about Bush's reauthorization of the ESEA called the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB). I have a copy of this lengthy law, and I quoted part of Title I from it. As I stated above, prior to the NCLB, federal law did not require that assessments produce individual student data. Now, this is required for all States that receive funds through the federal ESEA, now called the ESSA, and ALL States receive this funding.

I added something to my post above.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some might. But I know many do not. Can you show me an example of one that does?
As far back as the early 90s, schools in Georgia were requiring that parents supply the Social Security number in order to enroll their students. I personally fought them on this.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't yet give us any reason to believe that the high levels of achievement of U.S. students on these international test are due to cheating. What do you have? Checkable source would be important.

One would think that if American students were cheating in large numbers in public school, their achievement levels on international tests would be lower, not higher. After all, cheating would indicate less learning, not more.
How do you explain that?

It is not routine to do IQ testing in schools.
IQ testing covers an array of Topics.
IQ testing is what I About "learning Ability".

Students in everyday classes-
A class in history, science, math etc. ARE typical and per that individual Topic... large numbers of Students CHEAT...their CHEATING grade recorded...their CHEATING collective Grades Analized as Compared to other nations.... and whoop, whoop...the CHEATERS ARE of course, often found Higher Ranked...
Awards, honors and benefits IS WHY they Cheat! ( it has nothing to do with their learning "capability"...they Cheat because, they can!