HERESY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God manifested (born of a Virgin) in the Flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16
Flesh is not an "image".

Adam was made in the Image of God.....Adam was as real as you are....
So "Image" means Likeness.......in Colossians......"Like God".... to have the same nature, spirit, and in the case of Christ, He is also Deity.

Jesus didnt have long hair, proving those making those pictures do not even know him- 1Cor 11:14--It was a dishonor for a male to have long hair. So your pic shows Jesus bringing dishonor upon his Fathers name. He would never. God did all the things through Jesus-Acts 2:22-1Cor 8:5-6-- Jesus said he could do 0 of his own inititive-John 5:30. He was not God. God sent him. When he went back to heaven, sat at Gods right hand.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what the H/U is and I know who invented it.

The early RCC.

It really teaches God is 100% man....

Jesus taught God is 100% Spirit and someone other than himself per John 4:24 in his description of what God consists of...

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

...contrary to mainstream RCC and her protestant daughters.
Your statement is false and you are being a false accuser and witness to the truth.
No where does it claim God is 100% man.
You are not speaking out of love about what you believe....you are attempting to put condemnation on the doctrine of faith regarding the Trinity.
Your arguments are vague and lacking Scriptural support.
Believe whatever you want to believe and let those who's belief differs from yours express their beliefs without the condemnation.

Reactions: Cooper

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement is false and you are being a false accuser and witness to the truth.
You are not speaking out of love about what you believe....you are attempting to put condemnation on the doctrine of faith regarding the Trinity.
Believe whatever you want to believe and let those who's belief differs from yours express their beliefs without the condemnation.

Jesus teaches he has a God, just like we do-his Father.-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--He teaches all how to serve God correctly-John 4:22-24. Jesus followers believe him. His real teachers on earth teach exactly what he taught. Proof-- 2Corinthians 1:3, Collosians 1:3, 1Peter 1:3

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus teaches he has a God, just like we do-his Father.-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--He teaches all how to serve God correctly-John 4:22-24. Jesus followers believe him. His real teachers on earth teach exactly what he taught. Proof-- 2Corinthians 1:3, Collosians 1:3, 1Peter 1:3
That is your belief/interpretation and understanding of what those scriptures are saying. You are free to believe it how you want....as it opposes what I believe then my argument is supportive of my belief...
John 14 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁷ "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
⁸ Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
⁹ Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
¹⁰ Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
¹¹ Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Don't address me, just Jesus....

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Now, was Jesus saying that he, himself was God or someone else here?
I don't care to cherry pick verses.
ANYTHING can be proven by using this method.

Here He is addressing the Great I Am.
God. The Great Spirit, creator of the universe.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didnt have long hair, proving those making those pictures do not even know him- 1Cor 11:14--It was a dishonor for a male to have long hair. So your pic shows Jesus bringing dishonor upon his Fathers name. He would never. God did all the things through Jesus-Acts 2:22-1Cor 8:5-6-- Jesus said he could do 0 of his own inititive-John 5:30. He was not God. God sent him. When he went back to heaven, sat at Gods right hand.
Rembrandt etc didn't know Jesus personally???;)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You as an incarnationist(H/U), teach God also has a human nature(100% God and 100% man), correct?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care to cherry pick verses.
ANYTHING can be proven by using this method.

Here He is addressing the Great I Am.
God. The Great Spirit, creator of the universe.
That is not an answer to the question.

It is a description of God in John 4:24, correct?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You as an incarnationist(H/U), teach God also has a human nature(100% God and 100% man), correct?
How is it that you are body, spirit and soul all in one package yet when you die the flesh returns to dust you spirit returns to God and your soul is transformed? So you are 3 in 1 and you are saying God isn't?
The Bible says the flesh wars against the spirit....that indicates 2 existent states opposing each other with the 3rd one making decisions on which one to listen to.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ebonics is not a legitimate language, but a street language that is evolving constantly.
Then quit using it on this forum since the meaning is constantly trending towards whatever is popular for today.

Reactions: Truther

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hypostatic union is a technical term in Christian theology employed in mainstream Christology to describe the union of Christ's humanity and divinity in one hypostasis, or individual existence. The most basic explanation for the hypostatic union is Jesus Christ being both fully God and fully man.
This forum fully believes and supports in the Trinity teaching.
It is in our statement of faith...
Quote:
We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)
@Heart2Soul The Word having become flesh (John 1.14) is indeed basic truth.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it that you are body, spirit and soul all in one package yet when you die the flesh returns to dust you spirit returns to God and your soul is transformed? So you are 3 in 1 and you are saying God isn't?
The Bible says the flesh wars against the spirit....that indicates 2 existent states opposing each other with the 3rd one making decisions on which one to listen to.
God is not body soul and human spirit.

Only Jesus is.

Adam was made in the image of the man Christ Jesus(Jesus' body soul and human spirit).

That is who God was speaking of in Gen as "let us...".

Incarnationists teach God has taken on humanity.

Fact is, God did not take on humanity, but entered into the body of humanity (Jesus).

Incarnationists also deny the Biblical theme of "God in Christ", making the Bible say "God AS Christ".

"God in Christ" to them translates as "God in God".

There are not 3, but 2...God and the man.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your belief/interpretation and understanding of what those scriptures are saying. You are free to believe it how you want....as it opposes what I believe then my argument is supportive of my belief...
John 14 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁷ "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
⁸ Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us."
⁹ Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
¹⁰ Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.
¹¹ Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Yes his Fathers image-Coll 1:15, that is how they could see the Father. Jesus is not his own Father.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not body soul and human spirit.

Only Jesus is.

Adam was made in the image of the man Christ Jesus(Jesus' body soul and human spirit).

That is who God was speaking of in Gen as "let us...".

Incarnationists teach God has taken on humanity.

Fact is, God did not take on humanity, but entered into the body of humanity (Jesus).

Incarnationists also deny the Biblical theme of "God in Christ", making the Bible say "God AS Christ".

"God in Christ" to them translates as "God in God".

There are not 3, but 2...God and the man.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
The purpose Jesus had to come in the flesh is because of Adam....by one man's disobedience the curse of sin and death fell upon all mankind....
By one man's obedience (exact opposite) being Jesus....all who believe on Him were made righteous and born again of His spirit.
So the whole purpose of Jesus coming in the flesh is to restore man back to the Father.

Reactions: Truther

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes his Fathers image-Coll 1:15, that is how they could see the Father. Jesus is not his own Father.
Jesus is the creator, come down from heavens glory in the likeness of man to bear away your sins. You reject him and one day you will meet him face to face in all his glory as he really is and you will regret everything you have said in denial of him. You will be without excuse.