HERESY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose Jesus had to come in the flesh is because of Adam....by one man's disobedience the curse of sin and death fell upon all mankind....
By one man's obedience (exact opposite) being Jesus....all who believe on Him were made righteous and born again of His spirit.
So the whole purpose of Jesus coming in the flesh is to restore man back to the Father.
Amen

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didnt have long hair, proving those making those pictures do not even know him- 1Cor 11:14--It was a dishonor for a male to have long hair. So your pic shows Jesus bringing dishonor upon his Fathers name. He would never. God did all the things through Jesus-Acts 2:22-1Cor 8:5-6-- Jesus said he could do 0 of his own inititive-John 5:30. He was not God. God sent him. When he went back to heaven, sat at Gods right hand.

After reading your post to which I agree... It got me thinking about the image of Jesus which so many Christians actually worship today as Jesus Himself! ...
Excerpts from early historical documents show the opposition by several Christian theologians during and soon after the time of Constantine to the pagan portrayals of Jesus that were just beginning to be distributed amongst orthodox Christians. Though many church buildings had been constructed in the 3rd century (which were different from the "house-assemblies" of the first two centuries in Christendom), there was then a great resistance among Christian leaders to the trend of displaying pagan images (either by paintings or the carving of idols themselves) in all periods in pre-Constantinian times. Mainline Christian authorities were as adverse to such pagan activities as were the Jewish authorities.

With the advent of Constantine, Christian attitude against such idolatrous use of images and pictures began to wane. In the higher social circles in Christendom (and in the emperor’s family itself), the people began to abandon the former stance of mainline Christians against idolatrous depictions in their churches. They then started to show Jesus in the form of Zeus (Sarapis) and Askelepios with long hair and a beard. This was never done among "orthodox" Christians before the time of Constantine.

The following quote (abridged) is from Eusebius’ "Letter to Constantia" (the sister of Constantine the Great). It shows the utter disdain of Eusebius (the first historian of the Christian church) for the trend toward idolatry that was beginning to occur in "orthodox" churches. He expressed complete outrage that any one would lapse into such depravity.

"You also wrote me about some supposed image of Christ, which image you wished me to send to you. Now what kind of thing is that you refer to as the image of Christ? I do not know what compelled you to request that an image of Our Savior should be shown. What kind of image of Christ are you seeking? Is it the true and unadulterated one which bears His essential characteristics [His divine image], or the one which He assumed for our sake when He took up the form of a servant [His human form]? ... Granted, He has two forms, and even I do not think that your petition has to do with His divine form. ... Surely then, you are seeking His image as a servant, that of the flesh which He assumed for our sake. ... How can one paint an image so unattainable and wonderful ... unless, as so the unbelieving pagans, one is to represent things that have no possible resemblance to anything ... ? For they [the pagans] make such idols when they wish to form the likeness of what they think to be a god or, as they might say, one of the heroes or anything else of like nature, yet they are unable even to approach a likeness, and accurately represent some strange human forms. Surely, even you will agree with me that such practices are illegal for us. [Eusebius believed, accurately so, that even a true likeness of Jesus ― if one were available ― was still not allowed to be displayed by biblical teaching.] Have you ever heard of such a resemblance yourself in church or from another person? Are not such things excluded and banished from churches all over the world, and does not everyone know that such practices are not permitted to us alone?

"Once there was a woman, I do not know how, brought me in her hands a picture of two men in the demeanor of philosophers [with their hair long ― see Dio Chrysostom, “Oration Thirty-Five,” vol.III, pp.393, 401] and the woman mentioned that they were Paul and the Savior. I have no way of knowing where she got this information or where she learned it. But in order that neither she nor others might receive offense, I took the picture away from her and kept it in my house, as I thought it was improper for such things to be displayed to others, lest we appear, like idol worshipers, to carry our God around in an image. I note that Paul informs all of us not to hold any more to things of the flesh; because he tells us that though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet from now on we know Him no more."

Eusebius (who has been reckoned the most educated Christian at the time and he was certainly the first historian of the Christian faith) was not the only one who was indignant at the trend that was just starting at the time of Constantine among "orthodox Christians" of portraying Jesus on curtains or walls, along with the apostles and other saints of the Bible. It was a novelty that had not been practiced among mainline Christians before.
There were other Christian scholars who showed the same abhorrence as Eusebius. As an example, the following quote is from Epiphanius of Salamis in his "Letter to the Emperor Theodosius" (written somewhere between 379 and 395 C.E.). The chief role of Epiphanius was his stern opposition to the heresies then afflicting the Christian world. A main abhorrence of his was the trend of painting the picture of Jesus (which in itself he considered biblically illegal) and showing him as having long flowing hair like that of the Greek philosophers and like the grooming of the pagan gods. The following is a quote from Epiphanius (bracketed words and emphases mine).

"Which of the ancient Fathers ever painted an image of Christ and put it in a church or a private home? [None of them ever did such a thing.] Which ancient bishop ever dishonored Christ by depicting Him on door curtains?...

"Moreover, they are deceiving who portray the likeness of [biblical] saints in different forms according to their whim, sometimes showing the same individuals as old men, sometimes as young men, intruding into things which they have not seen. For they paint the Savior with long hair, and this by guessing because He is called a Nazarene, and Nazarenes wear long hair. They are in error if they try to attach stereotypes to Him, because the Savior drank wine, whereas the Nazarenes [the Nazarites] did not.

"They also show forth deception by concocting things according to their whims. These falsifiers present the holy apostle Peter as an old person with his hair and beard cut short; some portray holy Paul as a man with receding hair, others as bald and bearded, and the other apostles are shown having their hair closely cut off. If then the Savior had long hair while his apostles were cut close, and since by not being cropped, He was unlike them in appearance, for what reason did the Pharisees and scribes give a fee of thirty silver pieces to Judas that he might kiss Him and show them that He was the one they were after, when they might themselves or by means of others have determined on account of His [long] hair Him whom they were seeking to find, and thereby without paying a fee?...

"Can you not see, O most God-loving emperor, that this state of things is not in accord to God? [Which trend was then sweeping the Christian world.] Wherefore I beg of you ... that the curtains which may be found that have such false portrayals of the apostles or prophets or of the lord Christ Himself should be collected from churches, baptisteries, houses and martyria [sites where martyrs were buried or honored] and that you should give them over for the burial of the poor, and as [for those] on walls, that they should be whitewashed. As for those that have already been designed in mosaics, realizing that their removal is difficult you know what to command in the wisdom that God has granted you. If it be possible to remove them [mosaics], well and good; but if this is not possible, let that which has already been produced suffice, and let no one paint in this manner from now on."

The early mainline Christians held all forms of idolatry (paintings, pictures, symbols, statues, etc.) in complete abomination.

It was after the time of Constantine, the Christian authorities finally adopted the portrait of Jesus as we in the modern world know him ― with flowing long hair down to his shoulders (like the hair of women ― see a pejorative reference to such grooming in Revelation 9:8) and having a beard.

This grooming with long hair is precisely how the ancients portrayed Zeus (and his Egyptian variant, Sarapis).

I’m showing you the power and intelligence of Satan… Satan was able to make Christians worship the image of Zeus all the while having them believing it was the image of Jesus they worshiped … What a master deceiver indeed!!! What a slap in the face of our God whom forbid such things!

Taken from the studies of ELM
Paul

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well DUH!!!! Jesus was a fully HUMAN MAN, and As a HUMAN MAN, Got the Father was His God, as well as ours.

Well DUH!!! Jesus was a man, Captain obvious!!!!

Well DUH!!!! Jesus is a PHYSICAL BEING, and Father God is a SPIRITUAL BEING. That's a pretty good contrast right there don'cha think???

Nope. Nobody's mistaken - except for whatever silly "Theological Point" you're unsuccessfully trying to make. Jesus was a HUMAN MAN - who happened to be Father God's ONLY BEGOTTEN SON. So the fact that the MAN JESUS had a SPIRITUAL FATHER/God (by some process that NO HUMAN could ever even start to understand) is no Problem whatsoever - except maybe for your foolish theological paradigms.

Thanks for making my point! GOD is not FLESH

Joh 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Pay attention BOB!
I'm going to let Jesus Himself tell you the truth!!!

(John 8:40)
"But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

So BOB, Is Jesus telling you he is a Man who is God? Or is Jesus telling you he is a man which heard from God???

What is John telling you in the very first verse of Revelation BOB?

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him

What did Peter teach at the Day of Pentecost BOB?
Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

What did Moses teach about Jesus BOB???
Many prophecies indicated that the Coming One would arise from the "seed," the stock of humanity, in a particular from Abrahamic and Davidic stock. The Messiah would be from the biological chain within the human family, specifically of Jewish pedigree: "The Lord your God will rise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your own countrymen [literally, brothers]; you shall listen to him" (Deut.18:15). In this passage, Moses predicts that the coming Messiah would be a person "like me," raised up from "among" the people of Israel, and that God would not speak to the people directly, because they were afraid that if God spoke without a mediator they would die (V16). The coming "prophet" would be a man of whom it is said that God would "put his word in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And it shall come about whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him” (v. 18-19). To say that the Messiah is God Himself is to contradict the whole point of this prophecy.

Bob, you speak as a Child!
Paul

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only one after them was catholicism. They didnt have Jesus. Until the 1500,s protestants started breaking off once they were allowed to read the bible for themselves. They didnt fix it.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the creator, come down from heavens glory in the likeness of man to bear away your sins. You reject him and one day you will meet him face to face in all his glory as he really is and you will regret everything you have said in denial of him. You will be without excuse.

The Father is the creator. He created all other things through his master worker( Jesus) but created that being direct. He tells you so in Proverbs 8.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading your post to which I agree... It got me thinking about the image of Jesus which so many Christians actually worship today as Jesus Himself! ...
Excerpts from early historical documents show the opposition by several Christian theologians during and soon after the time of Constantine to the pagan portrayals of Jesus that were just beginning to be distributed amongst orthodox Christians. Though many church buildings had been constructed in the 3rd century (which were different from the "house-assemblies" of the first two centuries in Christendom), there was then a great resistance among Christian leaders to the trend of displaying pagan images (either by paintings or the carving of idols themselves) in all periods in pre-Constantinian times. Mainline Christian authorities were as adverse to such pagan activities as were the Jewish authorities.

With the advent of Constantine, Christian attitude against such idolatrous use of images and pictures began to wane. In the higher social circles in Christendom (and in the emperor’s family itself), the people began to abandon the former stance of mainline Christians against idolatrous depictions in their churches. They then started to show Jesus in the form of Zeus (Sarapis) and Askelepios with long hair and a beard. This was never done among "orthodox" Christians before the time of Constantine.

The following quote (abridged) is from Eusebius’ "Letter to Constantia" (the sister of Constantine the Great). It shows the utter disdain of Eusebius (the first historian of the Christian church) for the trend toward idolatry that was beginning to occur in "orthodox" churches. He expressed complete outrage that any one would lapse into such depravity.

"You also wrote me about some supposed image of Christ, which image you wished me to send to you. Now what kind of thing is that you refer to as the image of Christ? I do not know what compelled you to request that an image of Our Savior should be shown. What kind of image of Christ are you seeking? Is it the true and unadulterated one which bears His essential characteristics [His divine image], or the one which He assumed for our sake when He took up the form of a servant [His human form]? ... Granted, He has two forms, and even I do not think that your petition has to do with His divine form. ... Surely then, you are seeking His image as a servant, that of the flesh which He assumed for our sake. ... How can one paint an image so unattainable and wonderful ... unless, as so the unbelieving pagans, one is to represent things that have no possible resemblance to anything ... ? For they [the pagans] make such idols when they wish to form the likeness of what they think to be a god or, as they might say, one of the heroes or anything else of like nature, yet they are unable even to approach a likeness, and accurately represent some strange human forms. Surely, even you will agree with me that such practices are illegal for us. [Eusebius believed, accurately so, that even a true likeness of Jesus ― if one were available ― was still not allowed to be displayed by biblical teaching.] Have you ever heard of such a resemblance yourself in church or from another person? Are not such things excluded and banished from churches all over the world, and does not everyone know that such practices are not permitted to us alone?

"Once there was a woman, I do not know how, brought me in her hands a picture of two men in the demeanor of philosophers [with their hair long ― see Dio Chrysostom, “Oration Thirty-Five,” vol.III, pp.393, 401] and the woman mentioned that they were Paul and the Savior. I have no way of knowing where she got this information or where she learned it. But in order that neither she nor others might receive offense, I took the picture away from her and kept it in my house, as I thought it was improper for such things to be displayed to others, lest we appear, like idol worshipers, to carry our God around in an image. I note that Paul informs all of us not to hold any more to things of the flesh; because he tells us that though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet from now on we know Him no more."

Eusebius (who has been reckoned the most educated Christian at the time and he was certainly the first historian of the Christian faith) was not the only one who was indignant at the trend that was just starting at the time of Constantine among "orthodox Christians" of portraying Jesus on curtains or walls, along with the apostles and other saints of the Bible. It was a novelty that had not been practiced among mainline Christians before.
There were other Christian scholars who showed the same abhorrence as Eusebius. As an example, the following quote is from Epiphanius of Salamis in his "Letter to the Emperor Theodosius" (written somewhere between 379 and 395 C.E.). The chief role of Epiphanius was his stern opposition to the heresies then afflicting the Christian world. A main abhorrence of his was the trend of painting the picture of Jesus (which in itself he considered biblically illegal) and showing him as having long flowing hair like that of the Greek philosophers and like the grooming of the pagan gods. The following is a quote from Epiphanius (bracketed words and emphases mine).

"Which of the ancient Fathers ever painted an image of Christ and put it in a church or a private home? [None of them ever did such a thing.] Which ancient bishop ever dishonored Christ by depicting Him on door curtains?...

"Moreover, they are deceiving who portray the likeness of [biblical] saints in different forms according to their whim, sometimes showing the same individuals as old men, sometimes as young men, intruding into things which they have not seen. For they paint the Savior with long hair, and this by guessing because He is called a Nazarene, and Nazarenes wear long hair. They are in error if they try to attach stereotypes to Him, because the Savior drank wine, whereas the Nazarenes [the Nazarites] did not.

"They also show forth deception by concocting things according to their whims. These falsifiers present the holy apostle Peter as an old person with his hair and beard cut short; some portray holy Paul as a man with receding hair, others as bald and bearded, and the other apostles are shown having their hair closely cut off. If then the Savior had long hair while his apostles were cut close, and since by not being cropped, He was unlike them in appearance, for what reason did the Pharisees and scribes give a fee of thirty silver pieces to Judas that he might kiss Him and show them that He was the one they were after, when they might themselves or by means of others have determined on account of His [long] hair Him whom they were seeking to find, and thereby without paying a fee?...

"Can you not see, O most God-loving emperor, that this state of things is not in accord to God? [Which trend was then sweeping the Christian world.] Wherefore I beg of you ... that the curtains which may be found that have such false portrayals of the apostles or prophets or of the lord Christ Himself should be collected from churches, baptisteries, houses and martyria [sites where martyrs were buried or honored] and that you should give them over for the burial of the poor, and as [for those] on walls, that they should be whitewashed. As for those that have already been designed in mosaics, realizing that their removal is difficult you know what to command in the wisdom that God has granted you. If it be possible to remove them [mosaics], well and good; but if this is not possible, let that which has already been produced suffice, and let no one paint in this manner from now on."

The early mainline Christians held all forms of idolatry (paintings, pictures, symbols, statues, etc.) in complete abomination.

It was after the time of Constantine, the Christian authorities finally adopted the portrait of Jesus as we in the modern world know him ― with flowing long hair down to his shoulders (like the hair of women ― see a pejorative reference to such grooming in Revelation 9:8) and having a beard.

This grooming with long hair is precisely how the ancients portrayed Zeus (and his Egyptian variant, Sarapis).

I’m showing you the power and intelligence of Satan… Satan was able to make Christians worship the image of Zeus all the while having them believing it was the image of Jesus they worshiped … What a master deceiver indeed!!! What a slap in the face of our God whom forbid such things!

Taken from the studies of ELM
Paul

I didnt ask for an image of Jesus. You have shown alot of truth. The religion that came out of Rome did not have Jesus. Nor did any branch fix most of it because they translated errors in the bible to fit false council teachings. The protestants had no clue.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHuckle!!!! what's your version of John 1???

You asked... BUT going to take 2 post to educate you my friend....
Part 1

John 1:1
I have another train of thought for you think about. Is what you're reading into John 1 mostly church tradition? For almost 400 years, we have a read John 1 through the eyes of the Catholic Church. (reinforcing the Trinity). In the New Testament, “the Word” (Logos) happens to be of the masculine gender. Therefore, it's pronoun -"he" in our English translations - is a matter of interpretation, not translation. Did John write concerning “the word” that “he” was in the beginning with God or did he write concerning “the word” that “it” was in the beginning with God? As already stated, in the NT Greek the logos or word is masculine noun. It is okay in English to use “he” to refer back to his masculine noun if there is good contextual reason to do so. But is there good reason to make “the word” a “he” here?

It is a fact that all English translations from the Greek before the King James version of 1611 actually read this way: (notice Him and He are now “It”).

Tyndale 1534:
Joh 1:1 In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God. 2 The same was in the beginnynge with God. 3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men
Cranmer 1539
John 1:1 IN the begynnynge was the worde and the worde was wyth God: and God was the worde. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it and without it, was made nothynge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was the lyght of men
Bishops 1568:
Joh 1:1 In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made. 4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,
Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God. 2 This same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

And now our modern Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. " 2 This was in the beginning toward God. 3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

The word logos appears many, many more times in this very Gospel of John. And nowhere else do the translators capitalize it or use the masculine personal pronoun "he" to agree with it ! The rest of the New Testament is the same. Logos is variously translated as "statement" (Luke 20:20), “question" (Matt 21:24), "preaching" (1 Tim 5:17), "command" (Gal 5:14), "message" (Luke 4:32), "matter" (Acts 15:6), "reason" (Acts 10:29), so there is actually no reason to make John one say that "the Word" is the person Jesus himself, unless of course the translators are wanting to make a point to. In all cases logos is an “it.”

In the light of this background it is far better to read John's prologue to mean that in the beginning God had a plan, a dream, a grand vision for the world, a reason by which He brought all things into being. This word or plan was expressive of who he is.

"The Word" for John is an “it” not a "he." On one occasion, Jesus is given the name "the word of God" and this is in Revelations 19:13. This name has been given to him after his resurrection and ascension, but we will not find it before his birth. It is not until we come to verse 14 of John's
prologue that this logos becomes personal and becomes the son of God, Jesus. "And the Word became flesh." A great plan that God had in his heart from before the creation at last is fulfilled. Be very clear that it does not say that God became flesh.

There is even strong evidence suggesting that John himself reacted to those who were already misusing his gospel to mean that Jesus was himself the Word who had personally preexist the world. When later he wrote his introduction to 1 John, he clearly made the point that what was in
the beginning was not a “who” he put it this way: "What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we beheld and our hands handled, concerning the word of life…"

Logos - This word is translated in English as "Word". This word has an actual meaning which has been almost completely lost due to the Greek philosophical interpretation of John 1:1-3 & 14.

who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. (Rev 1:2)

"I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word (logos) of God." (Rev 20:4)

Notice that they were beheaded for their testimony to Jesus AND for the logos of God. Jesus and the word of God are not the same thing.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one (God) who judges him; the word ( logos ) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
Again… Jesus spoke the Logos, as He is not the Logos! So who is the Logos? The very next verse tell us!

Joh 12:49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Jesus is not our Judge, but our savior!

Joh 3:17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Act 17:30 "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because He ( God) has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

Word of God in this verse means God's plan of salvation for us (NAB), i.e. the kingdom of God message. So what does "logos" mean?

Logos - 1. Denotes an internal reasoning process, plan, or intention, as well as an external word. 2. The expression of thought. As embodying a conception or idea (New American Bible (footnote) & Vine’s Expository Dictionary).

According to Liddell and Scott Greek Lexicon, it also means:
Logos - the inward thought which is expressed in the spoken word.

I will give you a brief paraphrase of John 1:1-3 using the definitions for "logos:"

"In the beginning was God's plan, will, or idea for our salvation. It was present in his mind, and God's plan or will possessed all the attributes of God."

The very Trinitarian Roman Catholic New American Bible has this comment on this verse:

"Lack of a definite article with "God" in Greek signifies predication rather than identification."

Predication - to affirm as a quality or attribute (Webster's Dictionary).

Part 1

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CHuckle!!!! what's your version of John 1???

Part 2

So how does the Word (logos) become flesh in John 1:14? Let me use an example which most of us can relate to. We are all familiar with the expression, "was this baby planned?" Let's say it was planned. You and your wife had a plan to have a baby. You had a logos, a plan. Your plan (logos) became flesh the day that your baby was born. In the same way, God's plan of salvation for us became a reality, became flesh, when Jesus was born. This verse is probably one of the biggest culprits in the creation of the trinity. The reason being that to someone educated in Greek philosophy such as the early church fathers of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, centuries, logos had an entirely different meaning. Tertullian who was responsible for much of the creation of the trinity was a Stoic lawyer. The Stoics defined "logos" as the "divine principle of life." Which is basically a definition of God. With this definition you are going to arrive at a completely different interpretation than what John intended. You will interpret it something like this:

"In the beginning was the divine principle of life, and the divine principle of life was with God, and the divine principle of life was God. Then, the divine principle of life became flesh."

With this definition you arrive at the conclusion that the divine principle of life, which is God, became flesh. Now you have God's essence in two places at once. The explanation for this obvious problem came in the form of the Doctrine of the Trinity. Then you have God's essence in flesh, so the description of Jesus becomes that he is fully God and fully man. These concepts come straight out of Greek philosophy. Greek philosophers believed that man was composed of flesh and a divine spark.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word (logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Again… Jesus spoke the Logos, He is not the Logos!

1Jn 1:1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us--

What does scripture teach you about... What was from the beginning?

Pay attention as we need to get a little deeper comparing both John 1:1 with 1 John 1:1

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word." 1 John 1:1"What was from the beginning, what we have heard."

Notice that in John what is from the beginning is the word, and in 1 John what is from the beginning is something that they heard (a message) .

Look closely...

1 John 2:7 - "Beloved, I am writing no new commandment to you but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard."

In 1 John 1:1 what was from the beginning is something that they heard, here in 1 John 2:7 the old commandment is what they have had from the beginning, (sound familiar?) and the old commandment is the "WORD" that they what? Heard! The same as in 1 John 1:1.

So, What commandment is John speaking about?

John is speaking about what Jesus called the greatest commandment, ( Mark 12:29-30 ) the commandment of love which God gave the Hebrews from the beginning. The message of love that the proclamation of the Kingdom of God brings with it.

How do we know for sure that this is the message and/or the commandment that they heard from the beginning? Because John tells you so in 1 John 3:11 and 1 John 3:23:

"For this is the message you have HEARD from the BEGINNING: we should love one another."

"And his commandment is this: we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another."

Loving one another is how the world will know that we are followers of God’s Christ.

John 13:30"This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

According to Paul (Romans 13:9), the law of love is the fulfillment of the Mosaic Law and it is the Law in the coming Kingdom of God which the Messiah has come to proclaim. These are Jesus’ own words.

John is talking about the message or Logos (known by you as “word”!)

By making John 1 a Trinity support verse, you lose so much truth!

Hope this helps Bob...
Paul

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure where this should be...
the study of God seemed appropriate (maybe).

Every denomination has some teaching or doctrine that we would not agree with.

How would you explain the difference between an
incorrect teaching
and
a heretical teaching...?

IOW,,,when does an incorrect teaching become heretical?

Thanks.

I believe the Bible teaches the existence of the Nephilim. But I would not consider it to be heretical or soul damning if they did not believe in this truth taught in the Bible. However, if a person rejects the truth of the Trinity, then I would say it is soul damning because it falls into the realm of worshiping God in spirit and in truth. In other words, we cannot worship false gods and be saved.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the Bible teaches the existence of the Nephilim. But I would not consider it to be heretical or soul damning if they did not believe in this truth taught in the Bible. However, if a person rejects the truth of the Trinity, then I would say it is soul damning because it falls into the realm of worshiping God in spirit and in truth. In other words, we cannot worship false gods and be saved.

Yet you have one Seriously BIG problem...
The term Trinity is completely missing from ALL Scripture! All!!!

What is eternal life?

Joh 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

Joh 17:3
Αυτη δε εστιν η αιωνιος ζωη ινα γινωσκωσιν σε τον

SAME YET IS THE eonian LIFE THAT THEY-MAY-BE-KNOWING YOU THE

μονον αληθινον θεον και ον απεστειλας ιησουν χριστον

ONLY TRUE God AND WHOM YOU-commission JESUS ANOINTED

It is and was important to Jesus that we understand and know the only true God. That is what this is all about. To seek and know the only true God, The Father! The Father tells us the only way we can know him is through his Son, Jesus!

Jesus who is our lord and King through Agency as He sits at the right Hand of the Father. Jesus is not the source of his authority... The source is the Father. Jesus is the mediator between the one God the Father and Man, there is no other.

Paul tells you this fact!

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.

Yet you say... "However, if a person rejects the truth of the Trinity, then I would say it is soul damning because it falls into the realm of worshiping God in spirit and in truth."

Yet you fail to follow the pattern Jesus taught...

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those like you who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

You need to stop following the traditions of men... Your Pastor will not be standing next to you when you are judged by God on these matters!!!
I'm trying to help you!
Paul

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

What is eternal life?

Joh 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

It is and was important to Jesus that we understand and know the only true God. That is what this is all about. To seek and know the only true God, The Father! The Father tells us the only way we can know him is through his Son, Jesus!

Jesus who is our lord and King through Agency as He sits at the right Hand of the Father. Jesus is not the source of his authority... The source is the Father. Jesus is the mediator between the one God the Father and Man, there is no other.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.

Yet you say... "However, if a person rejects the truth of the Trinity, then I would say it is soul damning because it falls into the realm of worshiping God in spirit and in truth."

Yet you fail to follow the pattern Jesus taught...

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father…" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those like you who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus’ own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

You need to stop following the traditions of men... Your Pastor will not be standing next to you when you are judged by God on these matters!!!
I'm trying to help you!
Paul
Paul
No one will be standing next to you either!
Stop trying to help those that require no help.
Jesus was God in nature,
Or He was a crazy man.

No middle ground is possible.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know why? It is to separate the scoffers and naysayers from the believers. And you are one of the scoffers. Believers have no problem with the triune Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Trinity

The Bible teaches that there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4) (1 Timothy 2:5) (Isaiah 45:5).

Yet, the Bible also teaches that there are distinctions within the Godhead or that there is a plural nature to God.

Here are a couple of quick points:

#1. The word Elohim (אֱלֹהִ֔ים) is both a singular and a plural noun.
#2. God refers to Himself in plural form (Genesis 1:26) (Genesis 3:22) (Genesis 11:7) (Isaiah 6:8).
#3. Plurality of God in New Testament (Matthew 28:19) (2 Corinthians 13:14) (John 14:16-20).
#4. Introductions to both the Son & Holy Spirit (Daniel 7:9,10,13,14) (John 14:16)
#5. Different persons of Godhead appear at one time (Luke 3:21-22)
#6. Distinctions of Wills (Luke 22:42).
#7. Conversations Between the Godhead (Psalm 2:1-12) (Psalm 45:6-7) (Psalm 110:1) (Matthew 11:27) (John 17:24).

The Trinity is told to us in one verse in the King James Bible.

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1 John 5:7 KJB).

While I use Modern Translations to update the 1600’s English in the King James Bible, you have to be careful with Modern Translations because they also teach a lot of false doctrine.

See this CF thread here to learn more.

Anyways, 1 John 5:7 is removed in most Modern Translations. Just Google “the origin of Arianism” (Anti-Trinitarianism) and you will see that it originates from Alexandria, Egypt. Yet, scholars testify that the Critical Text of where most Modern Translations come from is from Alexandria, Egypt. So surely it is not a coincidence that this verse was removed so as to attack the Trinity because the gnostics did not believe in it in Alexandria, Egypt.

If you know anything about Egypt in the Bible, it is generally regarded in a negative way within the Scriptures.

Romans 1:20 also says,
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

Meaning, even nature itself declares the Godhead (or the Trinity).

Atoms = Nucleus, Protons, Electrons.
Water Molecules = Hydrogen Atom, Hydrogen Atom, Oxygen Atom.
Man Made in God's Image = Physical Body, Spirit Body, Soul.

Although the word "Trinity" is not found within the Scriptures, the word "Godhead" is used instead (Acts of the Apostles 17:29) (Romans 1:20) (Colossians 2:9).

Again, Modern Translations attempt to change the word “Godhead” in the King James Bible to mean something else like “divine nature” etc.; But Godhead is the correct translation and it synonymous with Trinity.

Trinity | Definition, Theology, & History

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you do with 1 John 5:7? What do you do with the beginning of the gospel of John that says that the Word WAS God and the Word was WITH God (John 1:1)? What do you do with Genesis 1:26 where God says, let US make man in OUR image, and OUR likeness? What do you do with Revelation 1:8 that says that Jesus is the beginning and the end which matches up with Isaiah 44:6 that says the same a similar thing and then adds that there is no God beside Him? What do you do with Acts of the Apostles 5:3-4 that says that the Holy Spirit is God? What do you do with the appearances of all three persons of the Trinity at Christ’s baptism (with Christ being the Son obviously)?

As for John 17:3: I read it like this:

“And this is life eternal, that they might know thee [you, Father,] the only true God [the Godhead - which includes the Holy Spirit], and Jesus Christ [the Son or the Word], whom thou hast sent.” (John 17:3).

Side Note:

The words in brackets in blue is my commentary to the text.
Now, is it possible that Jesus was referring to God the Father as the one and only true God? Yes, but you have to understand that Jesus is ONE with the Father and Jesus is not a separate God from the Father. Jesus is a distinct person from the Father, but the three distinct persons of the Triune Godhead all exist as one God. Remember, when Philip asked Jesus to show to him and the other disciples the Father? Do you remember Jesus’ reply?

John 14:8-10

“Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?”

Jesus did not say He was separate from the Father but He was in the Father and the Father was in Him. So when they seen Jesus… they seen the Father. So when Jesus says that the Father is the only true God is He is pointing to Himself also as the one and only true God because He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. Colossians 2:9 says the fulness of the Godhead (Trinity) dwelled within Him (Jesus Christ) bodily.

Jesus is God. This I know because the Bible tells me so.

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is eternal life?

Again, lets say John 17:3 is referring to the Father as the only true God. I will again admit that such is a possibility. But Jesus said He is one with the Father and 1 Timothy 3:16 says God was manifest in the flesh. The beginning of the gospel of John says: The Word WAS GOD and the Word was WITH God (John 1:1). John 1:14 says the Word was made flesh. This is Jesus. Jesus is God. Besides, 1 John 5:20 says something similar of Jesus (like John 17:3 says of what you believe is a reference to only the Father).

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.” (1 John 5:20).

So you have to look at the whole counsel of God’s Word and not isolate those verses you want to see from your own slanted pointed of view.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is eternal life?

160 Reasons Jesus Christ is Almighty God

By Thomas Golda

1. Jesus IS the visible image of the Invisible God - Colossians 1:15, II Corinthians 4:4...to see Jesus is to see the Invisible God - Mankind was created IN the image of God - Genesis 1:26...Jesus IS the image of God. To see Jesus is to see the Invisible God in the flesh.
2. Jesus was conceived by God - Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:20. Since Mary was his earthy mother, that makes Jesus fully human..since God was His physical Father, since Jesus did not have an earthy father, that makes Jesus fully God. He was fully man and fully God. The Great Godman.
3. To see Jesus' face is to see the glory of God - II Corinthians 4:6
4. Jesus "being in the form of God" makes Him God - Philippians 2:6
5. Jesus being the brightness of the Father's glory - Hebrews 1:3
6. Jesus is the exact image of the Father's Person - Hebrews 1:3
7. That is why to "see Jesus" is to "see the Father" - John 14:9, John 12:45
8. That is why Jesus said He and His Father are one - John 10:30
9. Jesus is IN the bosom of the Father - John 1:18. Not "on" the bosom"..not "near" the bosom...IN the bosom...He is in the center of the
Father. They are "one"
10. He is called EVERLASTING Father - Isaiah 9:6
11. Jesus deserves the SAME honour as the Father - John 5:23
12.Jesus was WORSHIPPED - Matthew 2:11, Matthew 9:12, Matthew 14:33, Matthew 28:9, Luke 24:52..Since only God is to be
worshipped - Matthew 4:10..that means Jesus is God.
13. Even angels WORSHIP Jesus - Hebrews 1:6
14. Heaven falls down before the Lamb - Revelation 5:8
15. Jesus Created ALL things - Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2, John 1:3, Ephesians 3:9 ....God created all things - Acts 14:15, Isaiah
45:18, Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 42:5. Jesus is God
16. Jesus also made the world - John 1:10. Jesus is God - Isaiah 44:18
17. Jesus created all things for HIMSELF - Colossians 1:16, Proverbs 16:4(Jesus is God)
18. By Jesus all things consist - Colossians 1:17
19. Jesus upholds all things - Hebrews 1:3
20. Jesus is before all things - Colossians 1:17
21. Jesus rules heaven and earth - Matthew 28:18. Jesus is God - II Chronicles 29:11
22. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath - Mark 2:28, Luke 6:5
23. Jesus called Himself the Great "I AM" - John 8:58, John 8:24...a quote from Exodus 3:14
24. In the body of Jesus dwells the fullness of the Godhead - Colossians 2:9
25. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are THREE and they are ONE - I John 5:7
26. And this is all why Jesus is EQUAL WITH GOD - Philippians 2:6
27. Jesus was "God manifest in the flesh" - I Timothy 3:16
28. God was in Christ - Galatians 3:17, II Corinthians 5:19
29. Jesus is the Power of God and the Wisdom of God - I Corinthians 1:24
30. Jesus "only" hath immortality - I Timothy 6:16
31. Jesus is Lord of the living and the dead - Romans 14:9
32. Jesus is called the Saviour - Luke 2:11, Titus 1:4, Titus 2:13, Titus 3:3, II Peter 1:1, II Peter 1:11, II Peter 2:20, II Peter 3:18, I John
4:14
33. Only Jehovah God alone is the Saviour - Isaiah 43:11, Isaiah 45:15 , Hosea 13:4, I Timothy 2:2, Jude 1:25...that means Jesus is God.
34. Jesus ALONE is the Great Judge - John 5:22. The Judge is God - Hebrews 12:23, Revelation 18:8, Hebrews 13:4, Romans 2:3,5
Jesus is God. All the verses in the Bible that talk about God being the Judge refer to Jesus, since He alone judges. The Father
judges no man - John 5:22.
35. Jesus has the keys of hell and of death - Revelation 1:18. The one that can cast into hell is to be FEARED - Matthew 10:28, Luke
12:5 Only God is to be feared - Rev 14:7
36. Jesus is from EVERLASTING - Micah 5:2, Isaiah 9:6
37. Jesus has NO BEGINNING of days - Hebrews 7:3
38. Jesus is the SAME, yesterday, today and forever - Hebrews 13:8. A quote from Psalm 102:27. Jesus is God.
39. Jesus' is in the midst or the center of the throne of God - Rev 1:6
40. Jesus has the Greatest Name above every name ever named - Philippians 2:9
41. Jesus' name is the Greatest in the world to come as well - Ephesians 1:21
42. And it is before name of JESUS, not any other name including Jehovah, that the peoples of the earth and heaven and bowing before
- Philippians 2:10. Jesus is God - Isaiah 45:22-23
43. Only by the name JESUS can one be saved - Acts 4:10-12
44. Jesus is called the Alpha and Omega - Revelation 1:11
45. Jesus who is the Alpha and Omega is the ALMIGHTY - Revelation 1:7-8
46. Jesus is called the King of kings - I Timothy 6:15. Jesus is the King - Zechariah 9:9. The King is God - I Timothy 1:17. Jesus is God
47. Jesus is called Lord of lords - I Timothy 6:15. God is called Lord of lords - Deut 10:17. Jesus is God
48. Christ is called the ROCK - I Corinthians 10:4. That is who Israel followed. The ROCK who Israel followed was GOD - Deut 32:3-4.
God is the Rock - Psalm 18:2 and only God is the Rock - Psalm 18:31. Christ is God.
49. Jesus calls Himself the FIRST AND THE LAST - Revelation 1:11,17. Only GOD is the FIRST AND THE LAST - Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah
48:12. Jesus is God.
50. Jesus knows all things (OMNIPOTENT) - John 2:24-25, John 4:29, John 6:64, John 16:30

(Continued in my next post):
(Article source included at the end of this list).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
51. Jesus is OMNIPRESENT - Matthew 18:20, Matthew 28:20
52. Jesus' body fills all (is omnipresent) - Ephesians 1:23
53. Jesus knows the hearts of men - Revelation 2:23
54. Jesus dwells in the hearts - Ephesians 3:17
55. And "liveth" in the believers - Galatians 2:20
56. Jesus knows the thoughts of men - Matthew 9:4, Luke 6:8
57. And Jesus will judge the "secrets" of men - Romans 2:16
58. God shed His blood - Acts 20:28
59. The cross is the "power of God" - I Corinthians 1:17-18
60. Jesus called the Kingdom of God His Kingdom - John 18:36
61. Jesus is the "Deliverer" of the believers from the wrath of God - I Thessalonians 1:10, Romans 11:26. Only God is the Deliverer from
the wrath of God - II Corinthians 1:9-10
62. In Jesus' name we TRUST - Ephesians 1:12-13, Matthew 12:21, Philippians 2:19. Only in God do we trust - Psalm 4:5, 7:1, 31:1,
73:28, Isaiah 26:4. Jesus is God.
63. Jesus is the TRUTH - John 14:6. Jesus is God - Psalm 31:5
64. Jesus sent the prophets - Matthew 23:34...God sent the prophets - Jeremiah 7:25. Jesus is God who sent the prophets.
65. Jesus is the Stone of stumbling - I Peter 2:8. A prophesy from Isaiah 8:13-14. God is the stone of stumbling. Jesus is God.
66. God is the fountain of living waters - Jeremiah 17:13....Jesus is the fountain of living waters - John 4:10-14
67. Jesus brings reward to the wicked for their works - Matthew 16:27. Jesus is God - Psalm 54:4-5, II Samuel 3:39.
68. The reward of salvation is "with Jesus" - Revelation 22:12. Jesus is God - Isaiah 62:11, Isaiah 40:10
69. Jesus gave power to His people - Luke 9:1. Jesus is God - Psalm 68:35
70. Jesus is called the HOLY ONE - Acts 3:14. Jesus is God - Isaiah 30:15, Isaiah 40:25, Isaiah 41:14, Isaiah 43:15
71. Jesus is the light - John 8:12. Jesus is God - Psalm 27:1
72. Jesus is the Husband of believers - Revelation 19:7,9, 21:2, 21:9. Jesus is God - Isaiah 54:5
73. Jesus gives us rest - Matthew 11:28. Jesus is God - Exodus 33:14
74. Jesus gathers the sheep - John 10:16. Jesus is God - Ezekiel 34:11
75. Jesus seeks and saves that which is lost - Luke 19:10. Jesus is God - Ezekiel 34:16
76. Jesus is the Shepherd - John 10:11,14. Jesus is God - Psalm 23:1
77. Jesus feeds the people and causes them to sit down - Mark 8:5-10, Matthew 14:19-21. Jesus is God - Ezekiel 34:15
78. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin - I John 1:7. God cleanses from sin - Psalm 51:2, Ezekiel 36:25.. Jesus is God
79. Redemption is from Jesus Christ - Romans 3:24, Colossians 1:14. Redemption is from God - Psalm 130:7. Jesus is God
80. Christ is the Redeemer - Galatians 4:5, Galatians 3:13, Revelation 5:9, Titus 2:14. God is the Redeemer - Jeremiah 31:11, Isaiah
41:14, Isaiah 44:22, Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 44:24. Jesus is God
81. Jesus wrote new commandments with His finger - John 8:5-9. This is to show that He is God who wrote the 10 commandments with
His finger - Exodus 31:18
82. The Bible declares God. That God is Jesus who is written in all the scriptures - Luke 24:27, Luke 24:44, John 5:39, John 5:46
83. ALL things are by Jesus - I Corinthians 8:6
84. John the Baptist, the voice in the wilderness prepared the coming of the Lord - Matthew 3:3. A quote from Isaiah 40:3...He prepared
the coming of Jehovah God!!!!
85. Jesus forgave sin - Matthew 9:2, Mark 2:5....and only GOD can forgive sins - Mark 2:7. Only God can forgive sin where they are
atoned for it. Jesus is God.
86. Jesus forgave sins and healed diseases - Matthew 9:6. Only God can do that - Psalm 103:3
87. Jesus calmed the storm - Matthew 8:26...Only God can - Psalm 107:25
88. God was pierced - Zechariah 12:10...quoted again in John 19:37. Jesus is God
89. God was priced at 30 pieces of silver - Zechariah 11:12-13...quoted again in Matthew 27:9....Jesus is God.
90. Jesus returns again with His saints - I Thess. 3:13. A fulfillment of Zechariah 14:5 that says GOD will come with His saints. Jesus is
God.
91. The Jews wanted Jesus killed for the crime of Blasphemy - Matthew 26:65. In their minds He claimed to be God - John 10:33, and
Equal with God - John 5:18 and forgave as only God can do - Mark 2:7, Luke 5:21...that was blasphemy is their eyes - Mark 2:7,
Luke 5:21. Jesus by His words and actions claimed to be God...and that is why He was found guilty by the Jews of blasphemy.
92. Jesus raised Himself from the dead - John 2:19-21. John 10:17-18
93. Jesus will raise all the dead - John 6:39-40,44. God raises the dead both physically and spiritually - Ezekiel 37:12-14. Jesus is God
94. The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are one and the same. Christ is God - Romans 8:9
95. Jesus quickens (which means to make alive) - John 5:21. Only God can make someone alive - Ezekiel 37:5-6,9. Only God can
quicken - Psalm 80:18. Jesus is God.
96. One cannot serve God and mammon - Matthew 6:24. Only God is to be served - Romans 1:9. The One we serve is Jesus Christ -
Colossians 3:24.
97. Jesus is the one who "justifies" - Galatians 2:17. ONLY GOD can justifieth - Romans 8:33. Jesus is God.
98. Jesus "reveals" truth - Luke 10:22, Matthew 11:27. Only GOD can reveal truth - Philippians 3:15, I Corinthians 2:10. Jesus is God.
99. God will not share His glory with another - Isaiah 42:8, 48:11. But the Father glorifies the Son - John 17:1,5, John 12:23, John 13:31-
32. Jesus is God and He is ONE with the Father.
100. ONLY in the name of JESUS is their salvation. There is salvation is NONE OTHER - Acts 4:10-12, II Timothy 2:10. And salvation
belongs to GOD - Psalm 3:8, Jonah 2:9, Lamentations 3:26, Isaiah 52:10, Psalm 51:14. Since only in the name of Jesus is there
salvation and salvation belongs to God, that simply means Jesus is God.

(Continued in next post):
(Article source provided at the end of this list)

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101. Jesus chooses the elect - John 15:16. Jesus is God - I Thess. 2:13, I Cor. 1:27
102. Men are Jesus' disciples - John 13:35, John 15:8. Jesus is God - Isaiah 8:16
103. Jesus' voice is the sound of many waters - Revelation 1:15. Jesus is Almighty God - Ezekiel 43:2.
104. Jesus' feet are like fine brass - Revelation 1:15. Jesus is God - Ezekiel 1:7, Ezekiel 1:28
105. Jesus' name is the Word of God - Revelation 19:13
106. All grace comes from God - I Peter 5:10. Jesus is that God where all grace comes from - Rev 22:21, Romans 16:20, I Thess. 5:28,
II Thess. 3:18
107. Jesus comes with clouds - Rev 1:7, Matthew 24:30 - Jesus is God - Isaiah 19:1, Jeremiah 4:13, Numbers 11:25
108. Jesus is called God - John 1:1, Hebrews 1:8
109. Jesus is called The Great God - Titus 2:13
110. Jesus is called The Mighty God - Isaiah 9:6
111. Jesus is called The True God - I John 5:20
112. Jesus is "God with us" - Matthew 1:21
113. Jesus is called "My God" - John 20:28. Since there is "no other God" - Isaiah 45:5,21-22..that means Jesus is that God.
114. Jesus is called "our hope" - I Timothy 1:1. We hope in Jesus - I Cor. 15:19. We are to only hope in God - I Peter 1:21, Psalm 38:15.
Jesus is God.
115. Christ is our life - Colossians 3:4. Jesus is God - Psalm 42:8
116. Jesus is called Faithful - Revelation 19:11. Jesus is God - Deut 7:9
117. Jesus is called True - Revelation 19:11. Jesus is God - Romans 3:4
118. Israel temped Christ - I Corinthians 10:9. Jesus is God - Deut 6:16, Numbers 14:22.
119. Christ sent serpents and destroyed Israel - I Cor 10:9. Jesus is God - Numbers 21:6-7
120. Jesus rebukes and chastens - Revelation 3:19 - Jesus is God - Hebrews 12:5-7, Proverbs 3:11-12.
121. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of faith - Hebrews 12:2
122. God said "Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness" - Genesis 1:26. The plurality refers to the Trinity. This is not talking
about the angels or heavenly host. Angels cannot create life. Secondly, nowhere is it indicated that angels are made in the image of
God. Third, there is no indication that mankind is created in the image of angels.
123. The plurality of the Trinity is also referred to in Genesis 3:22 and Isaiah 6:8. Jesus is God.
124. Before Jesus became man, He had glory with the Father before the world was - John 17:5
125. All things are given into Jesus' hand - John 3:35
126. Jesus is described as "WHICH WAS" dead, and "IS" alive - Revelation 2:8. The one who "which was" and "which is" is Almighty
God - Revelation 4:8, Revelation 1:8. Jesus is God.
127. The "Great Day" of the Wrath of the Lamb - Revelation 6:16-17 is the "Great Day" of God Almighty - Revelation 16:14. Jesus is the
Lamb who is God Almighty.
128. Jesus is the King - I Timothy 6:15, John 18:37. Jesus is the King who is called the "only wise God" - I Timothy 1:17
129. Jesus is called the "Just One" - Acts 22:14. Jesus is God - Isaiah 45:21
130. Jesus "gives" repentance - Acts 5:31, Acts 3:26. Jesus is God - II Timothy 2:25
131. Jesus reconciled all things to Himself - Colossians 1:20. Jesus is God - Romans 5:18-19
132. Jesus brings Judgment on the churches in Revelation 2 and 3. Jesus is God - Hebrews 10:30, Deuteronomy 32:35-36
133. God has a Father - Revelation 1:6. That God is Jesus Christ.
134. Jesus stilled the waves and rules the sea- Matthew 8:26-27, Mark 4:39-41. Jesus is God - Psalm 89:8-9
135. Jesus has eyes that are sent forth into all the earth - Revelation 5:6 - Jesus is God - II Chronicles 16:9
136. To know the love of Christ is to be filled with the fulness of God - Ephesians 3:19
137. Christ strengthens the believers - Philippians 4:13. Christ is God - Isaiah 40:29, Isaiah 41:10
138. In Christ's presence is fullness of joy - John 15:11. Jesus is God - Psalm 16:11
139. To see Jesus is to see the Father and to hate Jesus is to hate the Father as well - John 15:24, John 15:23
140. Jesus turns the water into wine - John 2:7-11. A creative act to show that Jesus is Creator God.
141. Jesus walks on water - John 6:19, Matthew 14:26, Mark 6:48 - Jesus is God - Psalm 93:4, Psalm 95:5, Psalm 72:8, Job 9:8
142. Jesus causes the blind to see - Matthew 9:27-30, Matthew 11:5, Mark 8:22-26, Mark 10:51-52. Jesus is God - Psalm 146:8, Isaiah
35:4-5
143. Jesus causes the deaf to hear - Matthew 11:5, Mark 7:32, Mark 7:37 - Jesus is God - Isaiah 35:4-5, Isaiah 43:7-8
144. Jesus causes the dumb to speak - Matthew 9:32-33, Matt 15:31, Mark 7:37, Luke 11:14. Jesus is God - Isaiah 36:6, Ezekiel 24:27,
Ezekiel 33:22
145. Jesus causes the lame to walk - Matthew 11:5, Mark 2:11, Luke 7:22 - Jesus is God - Isaiah 35:6
146. Jesus' face shines as the sun - Matthew 17:2. Jesus is God - Psalm 84:11, Malachi 4:2
147. Jesus will inherit all nations - Psalm 2:7-8. Jesus is God - Psalm 82:8
148. Jesus will rule all nations with a rod of iron - Revelation 12:5. Jesus is God - Isaiah 14:5-6
149. Jesus will smite all nations with a rod or iron. He is the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God - Revelation 19:15. He is Almighty
God who brings wrath.
150. Jesus and His Father established the ends of the earth - Proverbs 30:4
151. Jesus was without sin - II Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, I Peter 2:22. Only God is without sin - Deuteronomy 32:4. Jesus is God
152. Jesus is ABOVE ALL - John 3:31
153. Jesus is GOD OVER ALL - Romans 9:5
154. Jesus is LORD OF ALL - Acts 10:36
155. The Lord God sent His angel to John - Rev 22:6. It is Jesus that sent His angel - Rev 22:16. Jesus is the Lord God.
156. Jesus is called the "Lord of Glory" - I Corinthians 2:8. Jesus is YHWH God - Psalm 24:8-10
157. Jesus gets glory now and forever - II Peter 3:18
158. The Father calls Jesus "LORD" who made heaven and earth - Hebrews 1:10
159. Heaven is God's throne and earth His FOOTSTOOL - Isaiah 66:1, Matthew 5:34-35. Jesus is God - Matthew 22:44, Hebrews 1:13
160. Every knee shall bow, and "every tongue" shall confess to GOD - Romans 14:11. The God "every tongue" is confessing to is
JESUS CHRIST - Philippians 2:11

Article source:
160 Reasons Jesus Christ is Almighty God

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is eternal life?

Jesus had power as God during His earthly ministry:

1. Jesus said He has power to raise the dead to life just as the Father had power to raise the dead (John 5:21).
2. Hebrews 1:3 talks about how Christ held all things together by the word of His power when He purged us of our sins.
3. Jesus said, He would raise up this Temple (His body) three days later (John 2:19).
4. Jesus had the power to forgive sins and give eternal life (Mark 2:7) (Luke 7:44-50) (John 14:6).
5 Jesus had power to take away the sins of the entire world (John 1:29).
6. Jesus Christ said wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them (Matthew 18:20). This was said to the people he was around and not to just us today.
God purchased us with His own blood:

“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” (Acts of the Apostles 20:28).
There is no Savior beside or next to God:

“I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.” (Isaiah 43:11).

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.” (Matthew 16:19).
Holy Spirit is God:

The Holy Spirit is called God:

“Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.” (Acts of the Apostles 5:3-4).
The Holy Spirit is on equal level with being God:

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19).
The Holy Spirit is eternal:

“How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” (Hebrews 9:14).
The Holy Spirit is a person:

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;” (John 14:16).
The Holy Spirit can be grieved:

“And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30).
The Holy Spirit can be blasphemed:

“And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.” (Matthew 12:32).

Important Note: Only God can be blasphemed.
The Father Sent The Holy Spirit:

The Bible says that God the Father sent the Holy Spirit. Jesus said.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you (John 14:26).

The Father will send the Holy Spirit, not Himself, to help believers.

There Is A Difference Between The Father And The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit does the will of God the Father. Paul wrote.

And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will (Romans 8:27).

Source used for Holy Spirit being distinct from the Father:

Is the Holy Spirit a Distinct Person from God the Father?