Hidden Agenda: everyone ignored deaths from flu but not COVID-19

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rita

Well, close to the main line, in a care facility. Locally a care facility has just lost 38 residents to the virus.
Wow that’s a lot ....yes, if the virus gets into the care home where I work, it will be a kind of front line x
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wow that’s a lot ....yes, if the virus gets into the care home where I work, it will be a kind of front line x
Rita
Christians locally used to go there to sing hymns, by arrangement; then visits had to stop, naturally, once the epidemic started. Providential that they were able to go there and sing hymns, before the epidemic started.

R

Rita

Christians locally used to go there to sing hymns, by arrangement; then visits had to stop, naturally, once the epidemic started. Providential that they were able to go there and sing hymns, before the epidemic started.
Yes, we have church services in ours , not sure it use to be every week, but it was regular. They still place bibles in a new room for new residents when they arrive- yet the home is not run by Christians
Rita

Reactions: farouk

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are hinting that George W. Bush was a moral leader, you are once again trying to mislead people.

You're deeply offended by a man who suggests that we should be Americans first and political partisans second. We all get that. But Americans find Bush's thinking to be moral and patriotic. Wish you could agree with us.

This is the same man who publicly stated a lie -- that Islam is a religion of peace

Islam, like Christianity has often been used as an excuse for torture, murder, and oppression. That Muslims and Christians have often failed to live up to God's expectations is normal. But that doesn't change Bush's moral stand on uniting Americans to face this crisis.

Reactions: amadeus

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and many doctors are being told to use COV 19 as at least a part of the diagnosis of those who die mainly because they had some other issues like, COPD or anything lung related...especially if someone smoked for decades so...I agree Enoch; the numbers are "skewed".

That's how influenza deaths are counted, too. If someone smoked for decades, contracts influenza and dies, he's counted as a death from influenza. I thought everyone realized this. The under count problem is that coroners usually lack test kits to verify death from COVID-19, and so those who die at home from the virus are usually not counted.

This will all be sorted out eventually, as the numbers come in. The present very high mortality rate will drop to maybe 1-3 percent, about ten times the usual mortality rate for influenza. The real issue is that as states started opening up, the number of new cases continued, leading to more than expected deaths. It now appears that over 100,000 Americans will die, when it was expected that with controls in place, perhaps 65,000 would die.

Reactions: Nancy

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a nice You Tube parody available on disinfectant miracle cures. But one objectionable word:

DPDPzbLFeP4

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The CDC's latest report has corrected the number of deaths reported...the actual number is 36k...or somewhere around that.

upload_2020-5-5_19-23-7.png

From CDC:
*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.
Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is this political? Shouldn't it be about medical science?

Marxists used to say "everything is about politics." The extreme right seems to agree with them. "The doctors are lying, all of them, except for the few who agree with Trump; they are the only ones telling the truth!"

upload_2020-5-5_19-31-46.png

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw that. You have to pay closer attention to what it actually says. The lower number is because they're only counting deaths from COVID that are recorded as such on death certificates, which as they specifically note, can be weeks behind (because it takes time for the death certificates to be completed, filed, and relayed to the CDC).

That's a new policy; it wasn't used that way in past epidemics. Obviously, it grossly underestimates the death toll. I can't see how that helps anyone trying to get a grip on the actual pandemic. Gee, I wonder who ordered that change...

b5931760-f324-4d58-b9ff-41c3dba83216-AP_Trump.JPG

Reeks of desperation, it does.

Reactions: Justadude

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking that this may be the reason CDC was ordered to change their counting of deaths:
upload_2020-5-5_19-40-48.png
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.

Ordinarily, new cases would be declining by now. But "opening" has apparently had an effect on the way the pandemic is going now.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But that doesn't change Bush's moral stand on uniting Americans to face this crisis.
Where was Bush when that TOTALLY PARTISAN Impeachment Hoax was being perpetrated? That was the time for a man of courage to say "This is absolute nonsense, and a waste of time and resources. The coronavirus has been released, and all you evil Democrats should shut up and work with Trump!"

Why is Bush piping up at this time? Because his Democrat buddies are in deep trouble, and so is the Deep State. This is called Deflection, Diversion, and Deception.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are INCORRECTLY showing 72,250 deaths from CDC.

Here are the correct numbers from CDC:

Data as of May 5, 2020
Total Deaths 39,910

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):

I saw that. You have to pay closer attention to what it actually says. The lower number is because they're only counting deaths from COVID that are recorded as such on death certificates, which as they specifically note, can be weeks behind (because it takes time for the death certificates to be completed, filed, and relayed to the CDC).

That's a new policy; it wasn't used that way in past epidemics. Obviously, it grossly underestimates the death toll. I can't see how that helps anyone trying to get a grip on the actual pandemic. Gee, I wonder who ordered that change...

trump-tantrum.jpg

The sudden change in reporting was obviously to give Trump a little breathing space by cutting the number of known COVID-19 deaths. It's why no one is paying attention to the undercount.

Turns out, Trump was faking the "it came out of a lab in China" story, too:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is Bush piping up at this time?

Because he sees partisan division; he's calling on all Americans to set partisan politics aside and work together. That infuriated Trump, of course. But most Americans approve.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and many doctors are being told to use COV 19 as at least a part of the diagnosis of those who die mainly because they had some other issues like, COPD or anything lung related...especially if someone smoked for decades so...I agree Enoch; the numbers are "skewed".

The fact that such people would have lived if they hadn't gotten the virus, is the defining criterion; it's the same one used for other diseases.

Apples to apples. There is a lot of political pressure being applied to find a way to lower the death rate by creative accounting. But it won't work; the people who actually do this work are going to report it as it is. Even if Trump orders a temporary change in reporting, it won't last longer than his administration, and the deception will go away.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Marxists used to say "everything is about politics." The extreme right seems to agree with them. "The doctors are lying, all of them, except for the few who agree with Trump; they are the only ones telling the truth!"
Like "fake news" and "they're influenced by Satan", it's just a lazy way to dismiss inconvenient information.

"The doctors disagree with me? Well I can't be wrong, so they must be lying!" :rolleyes:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From a conservative republican group: