CDC admits covid as a type of flu now, go back to work, do not quarantine and deaths over exaggerated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"Reported deaths involving COVID-19 are several-fold greater than those reported to involve influenza and RSV. However, influenza and likely RSV are often underreported as causes of death," the CDC said. In the 2022–2023 respiratory virus season, there were nearly 90,000 reported COVID-19 deaths. For flu, there were 9,559 reported deaths, but the CDC estimates the true number to be between 18,000 and 97,000. In the current season, there have been 32,949 reported COVID-19 deaths to date and 5,854 reported flu deaths, but the agency estimates the real flu deaths are between 17,000 and 50,000.

"Total COVID-19 deaths, accounting for underreporting, are likely to be higher than, but of the same order of magnitude as, total influenza deaths," the agency concluded.

In all, the CDC was ready to fold SARS-CoV-2 into the gang of common seasonal respiratory viruses, with most cases mild and undiagnosed. "Viruses cause most acute respiratory illnesses, but it is rarely possible to determine the type of virus without testing, and oftentimes testing does not change clinical management," the agency wrote.

Reactions: Mr E

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reading comprehension issues, dont bother posting if you dont read right.
Prior guidance from CDC was extensive quarantines, long separating isolations, masks, and lockdowns.
CDC today says treat it like the flu

COVID-19 is becoming more like the flu and, as such, no longer requires its own virus-specific health rules, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday alongside the release of a unified "respiratory virus guide."

In a lengthy background document, the agency laid out its rationale for consolidating COVID-19 guidance into general guidance for respiratory viruses—including influenza, RSV, adenoviruses, rhinoviruses, enteroviruses, and others, though specifically not measles. The agency also noted the guidance does not apply to health care settings and outbreak scenarios.

"COVID-19 remains an important public health threat, but it is no longer the emergency that it once was, and its health impacts increasingly resemble those of other respiratory viral illnesses, including influenza and RSV," the agency wrote.

The most notable change in the new guidance is the previously reported decision to no longer recommend a minimum five-day isolation period for those infected with the pandemic coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. Instead, the new isolation guidance is based on symptoms, which matches long-standing isolation guidance for other respiratory viruses, including influenza.

"The updated Respiratory Virus Guidance recommends people with respiratory virus symptoms that are not better explained by another cause stay home and away from others until at least 24 hours after both resolution of fever AND overall symptom are getting better," the document states. "This recommendation addresses the period of greatest infectiousness and highest viral load for most people, which is typically in the first few days of illness and when symptoms, including fever, are worst."

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll still stay home for at least five days if I get Covid. No need to infect others and when I had Covid, I didn't want to be at work anyway with how miserable I was.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'll still stay home for at least five days if I get Covid. No need to infect others and when I've had, I didn't want to be at work anyway with how miserable I was.
Ok, thats your choice. At least the CDC now gives people again the right to choose.
I only got Covid one time, tested positive couple years ago.
I have had a flu since then. They both had the same symptoms.
Can take a week to fully get over the flu.

I am in good shape never been covid vaxxed and never will be.
That flu was worse than that covid for me.
I dont usually get sick

Reactions: NayborBear and Jack

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, thats your choice. At least the CDC now gives people again the right to choose.

At my office, if you're sick, you stay home. If you are contagious, you stay home.

Do you agree that if you're contagious you stay home?

For me, it's not a choice if you are contagious, with anything. You should stay home. No need to spread whatever you have around.

Reactions: Cassandra

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At my office, if you're sick, you stay home. If you are contagious, you stay home.

Do you agree that if you're contagious you stay home?

For me, it's not a choice if you are contagious, with anything. You should stay home. No need to spread whatever you have around.
Maybe worth it, I no longer work in an office
Even at height of covid, I was out and about doing everything as before.
Only wore a mask going into stores which was their store policy, but then noticed people later on not wearing one, so I stopped doing that.

I tell you what though, wife works at a school, and the kids and teachers all get sick with same things and bring it home to me.
This has happened for decades.
But most of time I dont catch it. But I did a few weeks ago catch the school sickness going around.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe worth it, I no longer work in an office
Even at height of covid, I was out and about doing everything as before.
Only wore a mask going into stores which was their store policy, but then noticed people later on not wearing one, so I stopped doing that.

I tell you what though, wife works at a school, and the kids and teachers all get sick with same things and bring it home to me.
This has happened for decades

Yes, because most parents don't know how to keep kids at home when they are sick. That is why schools are considered petrie dishes. If my kids were sick (truly sick and a parent knows when a kid is truly sick or just faking it) then they stayed home.

This is my first true office job. Before as an EMT, if you were sick, you stayed home, but that should go without saying.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I worked decades in both hospital labs and later on for Glaxo Smithkline
And let me tell you, the pressure was on you to come in sick or not.
You had to be at deaths door and have doctors excuse to mis work.
The presure is on them to get all the lab work doctors order for their patients completed as quick a possible, often that means get it done STAT.
And there is never enough lab tech workers to pick up the workload when someone is out.

It was also very difficult to take vacation time. I had earned 4 weeks too.
I earned 2 pensions from those places...and the work was never easy.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I worked decades in both hospital labs and later on for Glaxo Smithkline
And let me tell you, the pressure was on you to come in sick or not.
You had to be at deaths door and have doctors excuse to mis work.
The presure is on them to get all the lab work doctors order for their patients completed as quick a possible, often that means get it done STAT.
And there is never enough lab tech workers to pick up the workload when someone is out.

It was also very difficult to take vacation time. I had earned 4 weeks too.
I earned 2 pensions from those places...and the work was never easy.

I would have taken off anyway if I was sick. Especially if contagious.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I also drove through a huge blizzard to get to the hospital to pick up my shift. The tire went flat and I drove in on the steel rim
which ground itself to nothing
Wife came out and had to help push the car onto the street.
Snow was several feet deep and roads packed with snow
I had called my sup and he said I HAD to come in, so I get there and there were only 15 chem panels had to be done...

Next day my neighbor congratulated me on my dedication to get to the hospital and get the work done.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would have taken off anyway if I was sick. Especially if contagious.
Once I went to the lab with a bad UTI. Only worked a few hours.
Had been to the doctor and I get there with a high fever and feeling tired and ill.
I showed my women supervisor the doc's paperwork on me and she saw how bad I was and she told me I can go home, so I did

See we worked night shift and there is a day shift, and all hell would break loose if night shift ever left day shift any work, but they had to suck it up that time! It was like 2 different countries the difference between night and day work environment and attitudes was extreme
See we work in a lab where Doctors send in all their lab work collected during the day and it all had to be completed for the next day the doctor to get the results. So a lot was at stake with lab managers to get that work done on time.

We were well paid though for working nights

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once I went to the lab with a bad UTI. Only worked a few hours.
Had been to the doctor and I get there with a high fever and feeling tired and ill.
I showed my women supervisor the doc's paperwork on me and she saw how bad I was and she told me I can go home, so I did

Which is fine. If I am sick, I generally don't go to work. I have gone to work sick, but it was allergies and not something I could spread.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't get covid because Jesus took it in my behalf at the cross so I'm free from it baby! :woohoo!:

Then you've been lucky, just as my parents have been.

Many Christians, including myself have gotten Covid. Some have died from it.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Covid is just not the disease they all claimed it to be as in a world ending bubonic plague which also causes flu like symptoms
And still today lots die from or because the flu contributed to their mortality.

Bubonic plague is one of three types of plague caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis.[1] One to seven days after exposure to the bacteria, flu-like symptoms develop.[1] These symptoms include fever, headaches, and vomiting,[1] as well as swollen and painful lymph nodes occurring in the area closest to where the bacteria entered the skin.[2] Acral necrosis, the dark discoloration of skin, is another symptom. Occasionally, swollen lymph nodes, known as "buboes", may break open.[1]

The three types of plague are the result of the route of infection: bubonic plague, septicemic plague, and pneumonic plague.[1] Bubonic plague is mainly spread by infected fleas from small animals.[1] It may also result from exposure to the body fluids from a dead plague-infected animal.[6] Mammals such as rabbits, hares, and some cat species are susceptible to bubonic plague, and typically die upon contraction.[7] In the bubonic form of plague, the bacteria enter through the skin through a flea bite and travel via the lymphatic vessels to a lymph node, causing it to swell.[1] Diagnosis is made by finding the bacteria in the blood, sputum, or fluid from lymph nodes.[1]

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll still stay home for at least five days if I get Covid. No need to infect others and when I had Covid, I didn't want to be at work anyway with how miserable I was.

Good advice..... for anyone who has the flu.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this can be good. Some people have really bad working conditions and very few sick/personal days. If they get covid they might not have enough days to follow the guidelines, and maybe can't afford to take unpaid leave.

If they work outside they are probably able to go to work without spreading it, especially if it's possible for them to wear a mask. Depends where you work.

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you've been lucky, just as my parents have been.

Many Christians, including myself have gotten Covid. Some have died from it.

No luck involved in my life - Standing on God's Word works!

Lots of people that are Christians don't know God's Word good enough to stand on God's promises and received what the Lord has promised and so they due. Opps! Better make sure that life insurance is paid up to pay for that box and hole in the ground you are going to need.

Lots of people that are Christians have been falsely taught that God does not heal anymore or God does not honor His promises as though God is a liar or something. That's what people get for believing their fake "pastor" and not studying God's Word for themselves!

Reactions: NayborBear