Hilary expected to visit the coast of California

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it's amazing we are getting rain this time of year! It's on the news for people to do their errands and get stuff by Saturday. They say don't go out on Sunday.

I love rain so wouldn't mind if a hurricane brought rain more often. It will be a tropical storm by the time it reaches us in Southern California.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it's amazing we are getting rain this time of year! It's on the news for people to do their errands and get stuff by Saturday. They say don't go out on Sunday.

I love rain so wouldn't mind if a hurricane brought rain more often. It will be a tropical storm by the time it reaches us in Southern California.

I lived at Edwards AFB in the desert (My favorite base)......didn't matter to us as long as everything stayed on the west side of the mountain Range.

Daily Mail questions if Newsom will be as efficient as Hawaii was when Maui burned to the ground.

Non political ......Florida has the most experience. I think Hawaii, California or the Northeast needs to sit down with the Emergency Management Pros in Florida ......They'll learn a few lessons in evacuation and staging of recovery systems. Florida will be next at bat September through November ....And Florida has had both Democrat and Republican Governors .....

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No rain so far. Supposed to come when people are getting up. And heavy rain in the afternoon.

The markets were packed yesterday I heard.

My nice neighbors are moving out. The husband had to get stuff out last night to avoid the rain. They have a new baby. Moving in with her mom in order to save a little money for awhile.

We will miss them. He picked my mom up twice from the floor when she fell.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No rain so far. Supposed to come when people are getting up. And heavy rain in the afternoon.

The markets were packed yesterday I heard.

My nice neighbors are moving out. The husband had to get stuff out last night to avoid the rain. They have a new baby. Moving in with her mom in order to save a little money for awhile.

We will miss them. He picked my mom up twice from the floor when she fell.

I hope everyone stays safe in the midst of all this chaos and uncertainty! First Hawaii and now California!!

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been enjoying the rain all day and now overnight. It's rare here. Love hearing the sound.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been enjoying the rain all day and now overnight. It's rare here. Love hearing the sound.
I checked the news and saw it did little trouble to California. I would hope the benefits outweigh the costs of the storm. Cheers!

Reactions: Debp

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I checked the news and saw it did little trouble to California. I would hope the benefits outweigh the costs of the storm. Cheers!

It was ridiculously over-hyped. The goofy Governor declaring a state of emergency days before the storm came, closing down public beaches and state parks.... They were handing out MRE's (not Mr E's) at Camp Pendleton, dumping truckloads of sand at sand-bag-filling stations, telling people to charge their Tesla's in case they needed to evacuate (200 miles or less lol) and of course there was another inevitable rush for toilet paper at Costco.

It rained.

That concludes this report.

One quick update! The two witnesses have not been sighted........ and....... it rained.

• Haha
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was ridiculously over-hyped. The goofy Governor declaring a state of emergency days before the storm came, closing down public beaches and state parks.... They were handing out MRE's (not Mr E's) at Camp Pendleton, dumping truckloads of sand at sand-bag-filling stations, telling people to charge their Tesla's in case they needed to evacuate (200 miles or less lol) and of course there was another inevitable rush for toilet paper at Costco.

It rained.

One quick update! The two witnesses have not been sighted........ and....... it rained.
Yeah they were claiming "catastrophic flooding" on the news. Not even close.

I think I know who you are referring to with the two witnesses thing. I feel sorry for him really. Sad.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some areas did get flooded and some had terrible mudslides. I think mainly the desert or inland areas.

I'm in the Basin (heart of Los Angeles)....we got three inches of rain in one day!!! That's really a lot for us.... unheard of.

I couldn't have gone out as our gutters get totally flooded.... would have been much more than ankle deep. When we get just a little rain, the gutters flood.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It rained.

Try a real one in Florida. 12" of rain in one location, barely a drop in another. I've actually sat at a red light, in dry sunny conditions, looked across the road watching a downpour. Then think, "Do I really want to go over there?"
Been to LA and San Diego plenty of times .......seeing those drainage canals with 4 feet of water rushing to sea ........All I can ever think of is ......"Stupid California, in five months they'll be crying about water shortages and they are sending all that to the sea."

Reactions: Debp