The Sea turns to Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we were in grade school back in the day, one of the teachers took us out to the ocean in his boat, and showed us a strange phenomenon, red tide. He told us this is what will happen when the sea turns to blood, I brushed it off at the time, but now when we have both coasts of Florida, and we see it is in other areas, with the toxic red tide killing everything in the sea. And the canals fill up with toxic algae gunk, which seems to be turning to red tide blooms, to a level I have never seen in all my years....I think we are starting to see the formation of this fulfillment..

Revelation 16:3

And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we were in grade school back in the day, one of the teachers took us out to the ocean in his boat, and showed us a strange phenomenon, red tide. He told us this is what will happen when the sea turns to blood, I brushed it off at the time, but now when we have both coasts of Florida, and we see it is in other areas, with the toxic red tide killing everything in the sea. And the canals fill up with toxic algae gunk, which seems to be turning to red tide blooms, to a level I have never seen in all my years....I think we are starting to see the formation of this fulfillment..

And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

These “bowls of the anger of God” are similes. They are not to be understood as literal. The symbolism here is that most of the human family whom symbolically inhabit the “sea,” is spiritually dead; thus alienated from God. Compare: Isaiah 57:20, 21; Matthew 22:32; Ephesians 2:1; Romans 6:11-13; Revelation 17:15.

Reactions: Two-Edged Sword
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

The word "signified" is the key - signified means that Revelations is expressed by signs. A sign is not the actual item but a picture or representation on if. For example a road sign with a squiggle line is not the "actual road" it is representing the curved road ahead by means of a picture, or when you sign your name that is not you, it is a squiggle that represents you.

The key to understanding what the signs in Revelations are by looking at all like references in the Bible, the Bible is its own dictionary.

I've attached a study which interprets Revelations using nothing but the Bible which exemplifies what I am saying and may enlighten some understanding as well.

Attachments

• Mystery Babylon- The Abomination of Desolation.pdf
    889.3 KB · Views: 0

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Very interesting indeed. Personally I don't think it is a fulfillment of that based on other world conditions, but who knows I haven't researched it much, but do find it incredibly interesting. We are very close for sure.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These “bowls of the anger of God” are similes. They are not to be understood as literal. The symbolism here is that most of the human family whom symbolically inhabit the “sea,” is spiritually dead; thus alienated from God. Compare: Isaiah 57:20, 21; Matthew 22:32; Ephesians 2:1; Romans 6:11-13; Revelation 17:15.
Well when it covers your coasts and starts to show up everywhere, it is more literal than just 'similes'... Toxic Red Tide Is Back in Florida—Here's What to Know

Reactions: marks

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well when it covers your coasts and starts to show up everywhere, it is more literal than just 'similes'... Toxic Red Tide Is Back in Florida—Here's What to Know

In Florida, get into your boat, go out about 10-15 miles ......spend the day fishing ...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth goes through phases.

It always heals itself. Its hot outside… soon it will be cooler.

Depends on the season.

Its not the end of the world… the end of the age happened a long time ago, when Jesus promised to come back quickly then.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The color of blood from a dead body is dark brown, even black. It's also thick/congealed.

Reactions: JohnDB

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth goes through phases.

It always heals itself. Its hot outside… soon it will be cooler.

Depends on the season.

Its not the end of the world… the end of the age happened a long time ago, when Jesus promised to come back quickly then.

Which is full Preterism, that the second coming and all prophecies already happened.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The color of blood from a dead body is dark brown, even black. It's also thick/congealed.

Barnes:

And it became as the blood of a dead man - “Either very bloody, like a mangled corpse, or else colored, as it were, with the dark and almost black blood of a dead man” (Prof. Stuart, in loco). The latter would seem to be, most probably, the meaning; implying that the ocean would become discolored, and indicating that this was the effect of blood shed in great quantities on its waters.

Gill:

and it became as the blood of a dead man; thick, clotted together, and putrid, and so never to be returned to their former state:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had many dreams of the destruction that is coming, the Holy Spirit told me that there will not be a place on earth that a bomb will not hit. I believe it will be blood and bodies.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-4 - For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is full Preterism, that the second coming and all prophecies already happened.
It definitely cuts out all the 'sign seeking', but doesn't cut out the needed information to learn, grow, and mature in the Lord Jesus Christ, friend. My encouragement is for people to study, that book, and seek out if there is information to co-relate to it via history in the early times.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It definitely cuts out all the 'sign seeking', but doesn't cut out the needed information to learn, grow, and mature in the Lord Jesus Christ, friend.

And Jesus is not coming, and the resurrection and rapture already happened -according to the heresy of full Preterism.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus is not coming, and the resurrection and rapture already happened -according to the heresy of full Preterism.

Well, people are told to test everything what people say, therefore was Jesus wrong about that "generation", which he was going to come back, was the messengers who came up, and said that "Jesus would return in the same manner has he had went up." It becomes a decision between was Jesus right, and what about the apostles who continued to warn those in that time, to continue to wait, be patient, and faithfully watch for Christ to come, and to not be found sleeping.

Paul wrote to the people in Thessalonica, 21 but test everything; hold fast what is good.
The above is still viable for any person today - to test everything and to hold fast to what is good.

That is what it boils down to not just 'heresy.' There are also secular writers who match up with Jesus and his prophecies, like Tacticus, Josephus, Cassio Dio, and Suetonius.

Therefore, a thorough investigation is needed to be sought or ignored.

I believe by faith Jesus did come in the same manner as he had left, and those who were of the bride were taken who were faithfully watching and waiting, and resurrection continues on to this very day when people die and pass away, all in faith (so it's hard to fight against, ewq), while people can subjectively believe what they want to it's fine with me if you don't accept this information or seek for it yourself, it's all between you and God at the end of the day. And we are called to love God first, with all our mind, strength, and heart and to love our neighbor as ourself.

All the best to you (as I know people really hate when people come from things in a different angle that what has been taught to them already, I do so (in my flesh)... but you gotta love them and let them be who they will be (by the spirit.)

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have wondered about that for many years, but have only seen isolated cases. In Revelation, 1/3 of the sea turns to blood. That's a large area. Compounded with this are the other trumpet judgments. Something like a mountain on fire is cast into the sea. What is that? An asteroid or supervolcanic eruption? This causes massive waves, extremely fast moving underwater currents that would kill all fish AND destroy 1/3 of all sea vessels in that area of the world. We also will have fresh water turning to blood as well which could not be attributed to red tide.
We need to take what happened to
Pharoah and Egypt, the ten plagues literally. Likewise, there is no reason why God's judgments will not be literally fulfilled. So the water turned to blood then and it will soon. God created earth in six days. He can turn water into wine or blood or 7up if he wanted.
Stear clear of those who want to symbolize Revelation. Massive deaths are coming in wars, catastrophic natural events and supernatural events. He will make all things new after it is over.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have wondered about that for many years, but have only seen isolated cases. In Revelation, 1/3 of the sea turns to blood. That's a large area. Compounded with this are the other trumpet judgments. Something like a mountain on fire is cast into the sea. What is that? An asteroid or supervolcanic eruption? This causes massive waves, extremely fast moving underwater currents that would kill all fish AND destroy 1/3 of all sea vessels in that area of the world. We also will have fresh water turning to blood as well which could not be attributed to red tide.
We need to take what happened to
Pharoah and Egypt, the ten plagues literally. Likewise, there is no reason why God's judgments will not be literally fulfilled. So the water turned to blood then and it will soon. God created earth in six days. He can turn water into wine or blood or 7up if he wanted.
Stear clear of those who want to symbolize Revelation. Massive deaths are coming in wars, catastrophic natural events and supernatural events. He will make all things new after it is over.
Well, as we see the oceans are getting hotter than ever and this has many affects on hurricanes and storms, and something many dont think about, red tide.. Climate Adaptation and Harmful Algal Blooms | US EPA.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as we see the oceans are getting hotter than ever and this has many affects on hurricanes and storms, and something many dont think about, red tide.. Climate Adaptation and Harmful Algal Blooms | US EPA.
We are in the book of Revelation now. Its God's wrath upon the earth. Its going to get worse and worse, until the earth is destroyed. You think its bad now, wait until some nuclear bombs fall. After that nobody will talk about climate change. Only those in Christ will avoid the wrath of God on the day of the Lord.