• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

This is information pertaining to The Sin Against the Holy Spirit. (Please be encouraged to check out the surrounding context, by referring to the noted scripture reference points.)

This is recorded in Isaiah,
“But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭63:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus said I believe against the Pharisees?
““Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭12:31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus says this in rejection to the Pharisees?
“but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”—”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭3:29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Luke records this in Acts:
“But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Luke also records this being said in Acts:
““You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭7:51‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Paul encouraged those at Ephesus by writing,

“And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:30-31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Paul encouraged the Thessalonians to not quench the spirit.
“Do not quench the Spirit.”
‭‭I Thessalonians‬ ‭5:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The writer of Hebrew writing to a Jewish audience, states:

“Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

John writes to the believers,
“If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭5:16-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

In Christ, be encouraged,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

This is information pertaining to The Sin Against the Holy Spirit. (Please be encouraged to check out the surrounding context, by referring to the noted scripture reference points.)

“But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them.”

““Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.”

“but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”—”

“But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?”

““You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.”

“And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.”

“Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?”

“If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.”

Matthew Gallagher

Hi Matt, there is some positive news about sinning against the holy spirit as many might worry that they have done so. Extremely few people have actually done that, Adam, and Judas would be prime examples of those who have. The Pharisees that Jesus denounced as well. What do all of these have in common? Every single one of them knew God intimately, and chose to oppose Him. That is the real meaning, in order to sin against the holy spirit in which there will be no forgiveness, you have to know Jehovah intimately, and deliberately work against Him and His purposes for the earth.

Many people claim to know God, but as you can see, and can experience yourself if you just start asking strangers what God's name is and you will find, very few will even be able to give you His name, so it is virtually impossible for them to have committed that sin.

Now keep in mind, knowing God is a requirement for life when Jesus returns 2 Thes 1:8. So I am in no way indicating that one should remain ignorant about God so that they do not commit this sin. God has seen to it at that time that all were given an opportunity to come to know Him Mat 24:14. Those who are destroyed at Jesus' return have been judged as being wicked. Ps 37:9,10

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

Matthew Gallagher
Matt I think we may have engaged in this discussion on CF some time ago…but I will reiterate what I know of the unforgivable sin ….of which some the scripture you presented, apply to.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

We know that through what Jesus accomplished all manner of sin is forgiven man …. But there is only one thing (sin) I know of that cannot be forgiven, because it can’t be changed …

The record in Jhn 8:12-59 lays it out clearly with what I know.

Jhn 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

What I know of the devil spirit realm… I know of experience, as that is where I served for about 3 years as a priest before God literally rescued me from death….it’s nothing to be proud of, but I can offer insight into the realm that only those who have been there, know.

This section and the others on the unforgivable sin have to do with spiritual seed…..of which there are two….we know that from Gen 3:15.

When we are born again we are given the spiritual seed of God almighty which is incorruptible and unalterable (1Pe 1:23) …you cannot lose that… no matter what you do….similar, but not similar to your earthly Dad’s seed in you….

There are those who live in this world including many Pharisees (believe it or not) who are born of the devils seed …They have accepted Satan as their father. This may go beyond your understanding... as hopefully it does….. but that is the only sin that cannot be changed. It, like Gods seed cannot be changed and no two spiritual seed can occupy the same body …. A little caveat to that statement … A born-again Christian can be possessed with a devil spirit(s) because possession takes place in the physical part of their body, and possession is not permanent. Additionally, I am not referencing a practicing Christian …but someone who has abandoned their walk and has opened themselves up through various means that allow possession to take place. It does not affect or alter the spirit of God within, or the salvation that they have already been promised. Also you cannot rebuke or cast out someone who is seed…. only someone who is possessed…..seed is permanent.

NOTE: Much of the above post are things I know of and experienced in the satanic realm. My experiences are not a guarantee for truth.... that guarantee comes only from the Word of God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello tommycool,

Thank you for sharing what you are lead to share sir. Seems like the devil can still possess people then, and his demons, I suppose from your perspective.

There was a time in my life where I was interested in Satan and the Devil? Playing with ouija boards, going into abandons houses, graveyards and stuff. Once seeing what looked like a possession but could have simply been from another cause, from my view today? I don’t doubt spirits still roam around like spirit of greed, spirit of hatred, spirit of maliciousness, and the like? Your thoughts?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are born again we are given the spiritual seed of God almighty which is incorruptible and unalterable (1Pe 1:23) …you cannot lose that… no matter what you do….similar, but not similar to your earthly Dad’s seed in you….

Why can’t you lose something if you give it up walking away from God? Your thoughts?

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why can’t you lose something if you give it up walking away from God? Your thoughts?
I wish I had a sophisticated answer for that. But when God says - which liveth and abideth for ever. (1Pe 1:23)…that’s what He means ….He did not put any conditional clauses on His statement…… Thankfully!

1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto ("Jesus’s") good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever considered hebrews?

Hebrews 3:12-13 New Living Translation (NLT)
Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.

All through one’s life a person decides either to believe or not to believe in the Living God.

So therefore people can willingly turn over their faith towards the living God into unbelief.

Right?

It’s whatever you wanna believe I don’t believe in once saved always saved stuff, @Tommy Cool hopefully you can respect that, it’s from the Bible too.

When it comes to the seed the seed of righteousness will abide forever because that is the seed that produced Christ Jesus who died for the world.

In the beginning there was a separation between Abel and Cain, a line of righteousness and a line of unrighteousness from what I have come to understand, and Genesis 3:15 is talking of a separation that would be of the nation of Israel, in which one side would have Jesus killed, but afterward Satan would have his head crushed in or something.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some things don’t last forever… some thing’s have a vanishing point…

like with Gods covenant with Abraham - eventually Jesus would come to take over that promise and that would carry on the new covenant ,leaving behind the old one to become obsolete.

Otherwise people need to get their foreskin cut off to even be part of the kingdom, if it hasn’t went away, that meaning the first covenant.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your thoughts and thank you bearing with me?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.”

Matthew Gallagher
The context that Jesus was speaking in Matthew 12:31 was the day of Jesus Christ becoming "the firstfruits"...which is the dividing line.

That is, as Paul clarified the fulness of Christ to include himself and the body of Christ--just as Jesus was saying that blaspheming against Him was allowed, it is also allowed against anyone born of the flesh. Thus, to speak against Christ (or any of us who are born again of the spirit of God, of which Christ is the firstfruits) in the flesh--it is forgivable. However, if directed at the Spirit in Him or in us (as His spiritual body)--it is not forgivable.

In other words, flesh against flesh blaspheme is forgivable, but not flesh or spiritual blaspheme against the Spirit. Which He confirmed saying, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me."

Reactions: MatthewG

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever considered hebrews?

Hebrews 3:12-13 New Living Translation (NLT)
Make sure that your own hearts are not evil and unbelieving, turning you away from the living God. You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.

All through one’s life a person decides either to believe or not to believe in the Living God.

So therefore people can willingly turn over their faith towards the living God into unbelief.

Right?

It’s whatever you wanna believe I don’t believe in once saved always saved stuff, @Tommy Cool hopefully you can respect that, it’s from the Bible too.

When it comes to the seed the seed of righteousness will abide forever because that is the seed that produced Christ Jesus who died for the world.

In the beginning there was a separation between Abel and Cain, a line of righteousness and a line of unrighteousness from what I have come to understand, and Genesis 3:15 is talking of a separation that would be of the nation of Israel, in which one side would have Jesus killed, but afterward Satan would have his head crushed in or something.
There is no verse that states “once saved always saved”. But there are several verses that plainly state that that seed (the spirit of God) is permanent.

Hebrews as you know was not written to the church as we know it. It was written to the Jews of the dispersion who had a tough time with the grace of God and were still zealous for the law.

The account in Hebrews uses that “Exodus generation” to exhort the believers of that time. He was exhorting them to guard against creeping unbelief which would lead them to fall away from the living God. ….it was not a loss of salvation, as Israel's wilderness-generation was still in covenant with God, but the loss of victory and blessing….. Their unbelief was a lack of trust. … This was written in relation to the Jews understand.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some things don’t last forever… some thing’s have a vanishing point…

like with Gods covenant with Abraham - eventually Jesus would come to take over that promise and that would carry on the new covenant ,leaving behind the old one to become obsolete.

Otherwise people need to get their foreskin cut off to even be part of the kingdom, if it hasn’t went away, that meaning the first covenant.
This Administration of grace also has a vanishing point, it is a full stop ::: after the gathering of the Church…which is when Revelation begins. Whether you believe in the gathering together unto Him or not …..there is clear scriptural evidence that shows this administration of Grace ceasing before Revelation begins….it does not coexist or comingle with this current administration.

The question you must ask yourself is: If salvation (the spirit of God within) can be lost ….what is the line of demarcation. There would have to be some point other than the unforgivable sin, because that does not apply to a born again believer. But what would the line be that is crossed to lose salvation ….there is nothing in the Word that describes any such point….And the fact that we did nothing (no works) to earn salvation how could there be any lack of works that would cause us to lose it…

As Romans states we believed unto what Christ accomplished… for salvation … there wasn’t even any works on our part to achieve salvation …it was made unto us.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

When you read through Psa 103:2-17 Gods heart and what He did for his people under an inadequate covenant …. How much greater is the covenant provided to us. Their spirit was upon and conditional, …ours is the indwelling and unconditional.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context that Jesus was speaking in Matthew 12:31 was the day of Jesus Christ becoming "the firstfruits"...which is the dividing line.

That is, as Paul clarified the fulness of Christ to include himself and the body of Christ--just as Jesus was saying that blaspheming against Him was allowed, it is also allowed against anyone born of the flesh. Thus, to speak against Christ (or any of us who are born again of the spirit of God, of which Christ is the firstfruits) in the flesh--it is forgivable. However, if directed at the Spirit in Him or in us (as His spiritual body)--it is not forgivable.

In other words, flesh against flesh blaspheme is forgivable, but not flesh or spiritual blaspheme against the Spirit. Which He confirmed saying, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me."

Okay that make sense, they can turn though and repent from their once stance right? In todays modern world? I’ve thought before I had once sinned the unforgivable sin.

Sitting here right now though I don’t doubt the Holy Spirit or the spirit of Christ resides with-in me, perhaps being young and not knowing much about God or Jesus I decided to not take part though through life it seems there is always a light and a dark side to our nature that being flesh we make the choices to do good or not though our flesh itself doesn’t do any good or have any right to boast in front of God.

Can people be forgiven of this unforgivable sin by turning and repenting if that is the case?

In which a person become a child of God and then grows and mature in faith and in love towards God and mankind?

Thank you for your thoughts scottA and insights.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no verse that states “once saved always saved”. But there are several verses that plainly state that that seed (the spirit of God) is permanent.

You’re right about there is no verse that states once saved always saved. You know I don’t doubt that spirit of God is permanent - the reason for that being is it is the very Spirit and nature of God that is sent in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to dwell in the hearts of believers being made right with the Father who created us all, and you, scottA, and me and everyone else in the world are created in the image of God so there is also a resounding aspect to also knowing life continues on after this life. God has a kingdom that will never cease to increase, the heavenly Jerusalem. All people have a very special connection with God through the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Yeshua, in which they have the Father to pray to and communicate with all by the Holy Spirit of God and the ability to ask for help in wisdom, in comfort, in temptation, and he will be there to help all in faith, with hope and the greatest of all love.

Hebrews as you know was not written to the church as we know it. It was written to the Jews of the dispersion who had a tough time with the grace of God and were still zealous for the law.

Yes, you are right,

I believe the writer of Hebrews was writing to Jewish people in that day and explaining the superiority of the Lord Yeshua over the law, too. They were also in the last days which is an interesting note, though the whole first chapter is truly amazing and profound in things of God. May the spirit guide.

The account in Hebrews uses that “Exodus generation” to exhort the believers of that time.

Yes that is what I get from the book as well, the superiority of Christ needed to be made know to them by the use of the Old Testament, the writer of Hebrews is a very articulative person who was lead by the spirit and there is so much to learn from that letter to those believers in those days, and times and surrounded by so many people who didn’t care for Christ they just wanted to do their material religion and play church while turning their backs on God.

He was exhorting them to guard against creeping unbelief which would lead them to fall away from the living God.

Yes, and that why I brought this scripture up, as Christian’s we must be careful to not entertain thoughts about doubting the existence of a true and living God who created the heaven and the earth and the seas and the mountains and the trees, and of course me and you.

….it was not a loss of salvation, as Israel's wilderness-generation was still in covenant with God, but the loss of victory and blessing….. Their unbelief was a lack of trust. … This was written in relation to the Jews understand.

Tommy Cool, I would like to share something with you about the Lord Jesus Christ and his victory it is what I believe personally and no one has to believe it at all.

Jesus Christ over came sin, death (second death), hell/Sheol, Satan and his angels. I believe this has been done for every single human being that will enter into this world born with that sin nature - that Jesus Christ already took care of. He paid the price of sin, and became the sin offering on our behalf, that all of the people in the world can be reconciled back to God. Does that mean every person will be saved to the kingdom of heaven? Only those of faith will go into the Heavenly Kingdom where God resides in (Heavenly Jerusalem). People of non-faith, unbelieving as John puts in Revelation 22?, will be outside of the kingdoms walls but there are 12 gates around the walls and they never close.

It’s really interesting how God has been able to do so much for so many people, and He rewards each one us, human beings, accordingly the two choices of rewards we have to choose from is the flesh reward of feeding the flesh, or the spiritual everlasting rewards that will go on forever more after this life which one will take with them to their new spiritual body which God will bestow upon him or her, and everything he gives is good and always will be.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees accused Jesus of performing miracles by the power of Satan. THAT in essence was saying the the power of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit himself is Satan. That is rejecting the Holy Spirit in the most offensive way.
Ultimately the damned reject God. "God draws all men to Himself". But obviously not all men receive Him. For whatever reason, this unbelieving person says no after they have been given ample opportunities throughout life, witnesses and ministers sent with the Gospel and they have rejected the work of the Holy Spirit. At this point, when the person blasphemes God in such a way (whatever words that come out of their mouths in and accusatory way, like what the Pharisees said, "the spirit in you is evil ... of the Devil ... ), God let's him/her go their way to their own demise. This person is a reprobate, unredeemable from that time on. (Romans 1 explains this moment). It is interesting to note that God (who makes decisions outside our time domain), knows who they are from the beginning. Nevertheless, to be fair, He draws all men, not desiring that any would perish, but knows all who will. So int the end, the responsibility lays firmly on humans. They respond to His call ... or not.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is found at the end of that scripture in Mark 3:30. Because he hath an unclean spirit. In other words, it was insinuated that the Lord was in league with the devil.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay that make sense, they can turn though and repent from their once stance right? In todays modern world? I’ve thought before I had once sinned the unforgivable sin.

Sitting here right now though I don’t doubt the Holy Spirit or the spirit of Christ resides with-in me, perhaps being young and not knowing much about God or Jesus I decided to not take part though through life it seems there is always a light and a dark side to our nature that being flesh we make the choices to do good or not though our flesh itself doesn’t do any good or have any right to boast in front of God.

Can people be forgiven of this unforgivable sin by turning and repenting if that is the case?

In which a person become a child of God and then grows and mature in faith and in love towards God and mankind?

Thank you for your thoughts scottA and insights.
Again, the dividing line is that of the Spirit. During Jesus' time and before, it would be easier to understand that a person of the flesh blaspheming against another flesh person would be something that one could then repent of and it would be forgiven. But if you recall the sin of Ananias who lied to the Holy Spirit--it was not forgiven. What changed was the coming of the Holy Spirit, which was not just among the saved, but poured out upon all flesh, the evil as well as the good. Which has changed the terms from that time forward as Christ warned, meaning that there would continue flesh against flesh blaspheme, but now also spirit against Spirit which is unforgivable.

Therefore, if Jesus knocks on the door of one by the power of the Holy Spirit and such a one answers against the Holy Spirit, not opening to Christ--then the Spirit is sent forth with no blood of Christ on the two doorposts and on the lintel, to destroy. But if a person of the Church comes to one who refuses them, even blaspheming, it is forgivable, for those of the Church and the Body come in the flesh by the mercy of God.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All sinning is against the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Unforgiven sinning is unconfessed sinning.

Unforgivable sinning is sinning unto the grave.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the dividing line is that of the Spirit. During Jesus' time and before, it would be easier to understand that a person of the flesh blaspheming against another flesh person would be something that one could then repent of and it would be forgiven. But if you recall the sin of Ananias who lied to the Holy Spirit--it was not forgiven. What changed was the coming of the Holy Spirit, which was not just among the saved, but poured out upon all flesh, the evil as well as the good. Which has changed the terms from that time forward as Christ warned, meaning that there would continue flesh against flesh blaspheme, but now also spirit against Spirit which is unforgivable.

Therefore, if Jesus knocks on the door of one by the power of the Holy Spirit and such a one answers against the Holy Spirit, not opening to Christ--then the Spirit is sent forth with no blood of Christ on the two doorposts and on the lintel, to destroy. But if a person of the Church comes to one who refuses them, even blaspheming, it is forgivable, for those of the Church and the Body come in the flesh by the mercy of God.
Confusing.