Homosexual Church Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean to suggest that it was the homosexual practice itself that caused the higher rate of STD's in the gay community?

The reason for my question - I'm speculating here:
Speculation:
It sounds like you're saying "...there are higher rates of mental illness and STD's amongst homosexuals. Therefore, homosexuality itself caused the higher rates of STD's and mental illness."

If so, this is an error in thinking.

You may notice higher rates of STD's & Mental illness amongst homosexuals.
One might wish to find out why and brainstorm possible causes.

These are your speculations.

To be fair and truthful though - you should provide good reason for upgrading any of your speculations to calling it an "indication".

Otherwise you end up with statements like this:
Every time I wear white, I notice it's sunny outside, therefore, my white clothes are making it sunny.

Simply stated, the homosexual does not have the same support systems in place as a heterosexual does. Therefore, everything is much harder. No support from, family, Church, work, friends, and society in general so, yeah, of course there is a higher probability of all these things. And, it might be "unnatural" to hetero's but not to the homosexual, with them, being with the opposite sex is un natural.

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Simply stated, the homosexual does not have the same support systems in place as a heterosexual does. Therefore, everything is much harder. No support from, family, Church, work, friends, and society in general so, yeah, of course there is a higher probability of all these things. And, it might be "unnatural" to hetero's but not to the homosexual, with them, being with the opposite sex is un natural.
Personally - I feel that we as Christians - should be almost obsessive about the truth.
This requires a great deal of humility and strength.
The truth might not say what you want it to say.
This should be a sobering thought for us all - especially if we have dug into our position too deeply and hurt a lot of people along the way - and you end up being wrong.

An example of a possible way of reading the scriptures:
What if God doesn't feel that homosexuality is an abomination - but didn't stop Paul writing it in his letters? What if Paul was a mere human, faults as well, with a testimony?

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally - I feel that we as Christians - should be almost obsessive about the truth.
This should be a sobering thought for us all - especially if we have dug into our position too deeply and hurt a lot of people along the way - and you end up being wrong.

What if God doesn't feel that homosexuality is an abomination - but didn't stop Paul writing it in his letters? What if Paul was a mere human, faults as well, with a testimony?

God's inspired Word is eternal living truth!!
Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He does disagree with other passages in the Bible.

I also doubt that Paul thought his letters would ever be seen as "inspired scripture."

Reactions: Grailhunter

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who would trash the eternal inspired living Word of God just to try to protect the sick minded abomination of sexual perversion??

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's inspired Word is eternal living truth!!
Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
I doubt many people could even say what that means. It does not mean a man should not have sex with another way the way he has sex with a woman. Such an act is physically impossible.

If the Old Testament is "eternal living truth" binding on all men of all ages, why did Paul send the slave Onesimus back to his owner when the Old Testament says not to do that?

Deuteronomy 23:15 Thou shalt not deliver unto his master the servant which is escaped from his master unto thee:
16 He shall dwell with thee, even among you, in that place which he shall choose in one of thy gates, where it liketh him best: thou shalt not oppress him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009
May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Who would trash the eternal inspired living Word of God just to try to protect the sick minded abomination of sexual perversion??

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16
Yeah - "God-Breathed".
That sounds to me like God touched these people, and with that love within them, they began to write (even though they were not perfect people themselves).

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question if you know?:
I wonder if the original verse - in Timothy says all scriptures are inspired by God or "Dictated" by God??
What did Paul mean by "scriptures"? Probably what most Jews would have meant. We have aclue when he wrote to Timothy about the books Timothy studied when young -- the Old Testament. Timothy couldn't have read the New Testament as a lad.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

And no, I do not think "inspired" means "dictated" as in word for word dictation. The Jew say only the Torah was dictated that way. They call the Torah "the Word" -- and not the other books. The other books are inspired but are not word for word dictation. God-breathed implies a movement of air -- God's Spirit moving or appearing. Thus we see phrases like, "and the Word came unto" someone. That "Word" can contain visual content along with verbal.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I doubt many people could even say what that means. It does not mean a man should not have sex with another way the way he has sex with a woman. Such an act is physically impossible.
contemplate them as something other than literal men and women maybe? The "lying with" part is pretty easy to find a spiritual analogy for, but im not sure what the other elements rep myself

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
What did Paul mean by "scriptures"? Probably what most Jews would have meant. We have aclue when he wrote to Timothy about the books Timothy studied when young -- the Old Testament. Timothy couldn't have read the New Testament as a lad.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

And no, I do not think "inspired" means "dictated" as in word for word dictation. The Jew say only the Torah was dictated that way. They call the Torah "the Word" -- and not the other books. The other books are inspired but are not word for word dictation. God-breathed implies a movement of air -- God's Spirit moving or appearing. Thus we see phrases like, "and the Word came unto" someone. That "Word" can contain visual content along with verbal.

I've often wondered if the Bible is more comparable to a song or other music.

Example:
Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics.
"........Mama, just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away......."

Either Freddie Mercury is making a statement about his mother?
or
I don't understand what a song is hahaha ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once people start doubting and not believing the truth of God's eternal living Word satan has won and the door has been opened for satan to come in and kill and destroy!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've often wondered if the Bible is more comparable to a song or other music.

Example:
Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics.
"........Mama, just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away......."

Either Freddie Mercury is making a statement about his mother?
or
I don't understand what a song is hahaha ;-)
That is one of his songs I don't know too well. You remind me however of what Ted Cruz said recently about how the movie had been edited for China. It seems the movie wasn't gay enough to suit Cruz since he was complaining about how the sexuality got censored so the movie could be shown in China. I'm not joking. Pass a law! Keep that gay sex in American movies!

Cruz slams 'complicit' Hollywood for bowing to China censors: 'What are we saying to the world?'

Cruz added that he received backlash when he pointed out that China appeared to have demanded the censorship of scenes in the recent film "Bohemian Rhapsody" that dealt with the sexual orientation of Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.

He said Chinese film censors demanded the studio edit out scenes depicting homosexual encounters involving Mercury, which were duly cut out. Cruz said such actions were ironic, given Hollywood's "virtue signal[ing] about their courage and free speech and artistic integrity."

"Several LGBT magazines began attacking me -- 'How dare Ted Cruz stand up and fight for gay rights?" he remarked.

"You can't tell Freddie Mercury's life without acknowledging that he was gay, it was a big part of his life, and he was an incredibly talented musician," the Houston lawmaker added.

Some of the Bible was meant to be sung, for sure. Other sections are more like poetry.

I studied Judaism here and there, and I think they are right when they say that God made us all unique individuals. When God reveals something to a prophet, He respects that person's individual character. Thus the prophets tend to have their individual styles. THey are not altering the message; but they color it in a unique way. It is said that Jehosophat knew this and became suspicious when so many prophets said the exact same thing, word for word.

1 Kings 22:6 Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about four hundred men, and said unto them, Shall I go against Ramothgilead to battle, or shall I forbear? And they said, Go up; for the Lord shall deliver it into the hand of the king.
7 And Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the LORD besides, that we might enquire of him?

It seems Jehososphat was right to be suspicious when all those prophets said the exact same thing. The one prophet who turned out to be right said something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once people start doubting and not believing the truth of God's eternal living Word satan has won and the door has been opened for satan to come in and kill and destroy!
You say you believe the Bible, but I don't think you know what the Bible says. You put your faith in doctrines taught to you by men then think the Bible teaches what they do.

So did Satan win when Paul ungraciously and unsympathetically sent Onesimus back to his master when the Law of Moses says to be generous with slaves who run away? Is the New Covenant less loving than the Old?

Can you tell me what is the "eternal living Word" when it comes to eating meat offered to idols? The Apostles met and said it was forbidden. Paul said it was okay; and then John wrote Revelation and said it was wrong.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a new member on here. Please engage brain before typing.
Is Christianity a religion of condemn first and love maybe?
Are we to ban homosexuals from churches? I have heard this.
Is homosexuality the unpardonable sin?
This whole thing stems from the belief that Satan lives in the crouch.
Homosexuality is just like any other sin.
Get them in the church first....from there it is between them and God. You do not stand between them and God.
Judgement is for God. You judge and you are playing God!
You condemn, and you are playing Satan.
We all know the scriptures concerning judgement.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you believe the Bible, but I don't think you know what the Bible says. You put your faith in doctrines taught to you by men then think the Bible teaches what they do.

So did Satan win when Paul ungraciously and unsympathetically sent Onesimus back to his master when the Law of Moses says to be generous with slaves who run away? Is the New Covenant less loving than the Old?

Can you tell me what is the "eternal living Word" when it comes to eating meat offered to idols? The Apostles met and said it was forbidden. Paul said it was okay; and then John wrote Revelation and said it was wrong.

So now you really want to try to judge Paul??

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Simlarly, about half the STD's in the US are found in people aged 15 - 24. I don't think their age gave them their STD's.
Plus, if we really did use the prevalence of STD's as an indication of what God does and doesn't approve of, then we'd have to conclude that God must really like lesbians. :eek: