Homosexual Church Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for some wisdom and understanding when you read God's Word and believe it ==All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for some wisdom and understanding when you read God's Word and believe it ==All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16
So why not do some teaching and correcting? How can it be useful for training in righteousness to you if you can't tell if eating meat offered to idols is okay?

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why not do some teaching and correcting? How can it be useful for training in righteousness to you if you can't tell if eating meat offered to idols is okay?

ROFL! When was the last time you ate meat that had been offered to idols??? Don't allow satan to drag you into rabbit holes of zero=no importance!

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
ROFL! When was the last time you ate meat that had been offered to idols??? Don't allow satan to drag you into rabbit holes of zero=no importance!
Gismys - I’m not following your thinking. All I can see are one line statements .
Could you explain your thinking from beginning to main body to conclusion please?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan plants seeds of doubt and unbelief against the truth of inspired eternal living Word of God.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not getting you.

I’m having difficulty placing your statements into our conversation

would you like to elaborate?

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Fair enough. I’ll take that as the end of our conversation :)
Take care
Isn't it fascinating how some Christians just do not know how to interact with non-Christians? It makes me wonder how limited their life experiences are, such that when they encounter someone outside of their faith all they can do is regurgitate Bible verses. Or maybe it's just fear that if they let their guard down, something bad will happen?

I dunno. Whatever it is, it's weird.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""regurgitate Bible verses"" ?? What is more important for an unbeliever to hear than God's eternal living Word?? Truth can be Tough love.

May 8, 2020
Reading
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't it fascinating how some Christians just do not know how to interact with non-Christians? It makes me wonder how limited their life experiences are, such that when they encounter someone outside of their faith all they can do is regurgitate Bible verses. Or maybe it's just fear that if they let their guard down, something bad will happen?

I dunno. Whatever it is, it's weird.
Life is a Litany of mysteries (wordplay Intended haha)
I actually really do want to know what people think. Sometimes - there are what seems to be hole in an argument and I’d like to know how the person patches them up.
I think people struggle to say “that’s just how I read the bible” or “I don’t know, I just believe ..x..”
Nothing wrong with saying that (unless you’re trying to persuade someone who doesn’t agree with you - then you can’t say that haha)

Reactions: Rita and Giuliano

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eating pork is explicitly described as "an abomination". It's ironic that Cornelius was recognized by the Jews as righteous because he kept the commandments of God. Just a coincidence?
The problem with that philosophy is where do you draw the line with sin? Obviously, you draw it with homosexuality, but why there? Paul points out that if you break one of God's commandments, you've essentially broken them all. The glaring problem is that there aren't any people in your church who will claim that they're perfectly sinless.
So would you say that a proud heart or consuming swine or shellfish is as abominable as homosexuality, or that homosexuality is no worse than having a proud heart or eating pork?
Eating swine or shellfish was part of the DIETARY aspects of the Mosaic Law. There were also cleanliness and ceremonial aspects attributed to the over-arching Mosaic Law.
God's Laws governing human sexuality transcend dietary considerations. They go all the way back to Genesis - LONG before Moses and the Law.

We are no longer bound by the dietary, cleanliness, and ceremonial aspects of the Law. Those things were FULFILLED in Christ (Matt. 5:17). They were but shadows of what was to come - and Christ is the reality (Col 2:16-17).
We ARE, however, bound by the MORAL Laws of God.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are saying parts of the Bible of zero importance. First you say the Bible is all true and all of it is profitable ; then you say has zero importance. The question remains unamswered.

You also seem to think Satan does things that aren't serious. When Satan deceives people, it is important.

Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said your question is irrelevant today!
Yes, you are saying that parts of the Bible don't matter. You are saying all scripture is not profitable or useful. You get to decide what parts are useful and what aren't. So we see you don't really believe what you say when you type things like the "truth of inspired eternal living Word of God." You don't believe what you wrote, "Pray for some wisdom and understanding when you read God's Word and believe it ==All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16." Nope, some of it according to you is irrelevant and out of date.

How can you know then if Paul's opinions on homosexuality are relevant? Maybe they aren't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy