homosexuality and ethics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible says that God Created Man and Woman, that is, Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, as someone once said.

Homosexuality is a SIN in the Bible, and not something that is in the person's DNA, or inherited from your paretns, etc. A person CANNOT be "born" homosexual, because if this were possible, then God would not regard it as SINFUL, which He does, as it would be something that it not in the control of the person who is homosexual. Nor is it a mental illness, but demonic from the devil.

The Bible is very clear in Romans chapter one, where it says, "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (verses 26-27)

The term "natural" is from the Greek, "φυσικός", and is used here to denote that which is "inborn". God has placed in each person's DNA, the "inborn" desire for the opposite sex, and not for the same sex.

Passages like Genesis 19, where we read of God destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, because of their homosexual practices. In the Law of Moses, Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13, we also read of homosexuality as being a SIN. In Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and 1 Timothy 1:10, we have clear instructions from God, that confirms what He says in the Old Testament, that homosexuality is SINFUL.

Regardless of this evil and wicked and godless world that we live in, where pretty much anything goes, the Bible is the Final Authority on homosexuality, as It is on everthing else that It addresses. There are ZERO exceptions.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person CANNOT be "born" homosexual, because if this were possible, then God would not regard it as SINFUL, which He does, as it would be something that it not in the control of the person who is homosexual.
Sorry, but this assumes the unbiblical view that Man is inherently good. We're not.

Behold, I was brought forth in guilt,
And in sin my mother conceived me.
(Psalm 51:5)

See Romans 7. The biblical understanding of "Sin" (with an upper-case "S") is that it is more than what we do, more than transgression against a commandment; it is a deep "bent"-ness, a controlling power within us that makes us self-centered and rebellious against God. This has been recognized by Christians for at least 1800 years, from Augustine of Hippo's "Original Sin" through John Calvin's "Total Depravity". You DO see it in babies who want what they want RIGHT NOW, and to hell with everyone else's needs. And they'll scream until they get it. Sin is as natural in us as breathing.

7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? Far from it! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about Lust if the Law had not said, “You shall not desire.” (Romans 7:7)

Remember Luther and Calvin's "First Use of The Law": To identify Sin for what it really is. If you're going to go down that Romans road, make sure you remember your own sinfulness, and tell them the good news: That God loves them and Christ died for them.

Last edited:

lightlysalted

Jul 30, 2022
DownEast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe homosexuality and a gay relationship is criminal.
I don't have a problem with 2 men living as a family unit.
Pedophilia is a crime against children.
The children are the victims here, not the pedophiles.

The problem with homosexuality is in it's ability to be fruitful and multiply.
If everyone was gay eventually humanity would come to a halt.

If two consenting ADULTS, and I stress ADULTS, wish to have a monogomous relationship between themselves, then it's not my job to judge their lifestyle.
When multiple gay people, like any other group of people, even heterosexuals, begin having multiple partners, and treat sex as an object and not a sacred union, then we have repercussions of those decisions. We begin to have sexually transmitted diseases. Which if you are bi-sexual can be transmitted male to female as well.

Pedophilia is wanting children sexually. This destroys their innocence and can cause both physical and mental harm to the child.
Pedophiles are known to have sex with todlers and infants, and are unable to control their sexual behavior.
These people need mental health and they need to be kept away from those they would victimize.

We can feel bad for the pedophile, that something went wrong, usually pedophile is caused by being abused as a child oneself, and the crime carries on from the original victim, to those they begin to victimize.
We can pray for them. We can pray for their healing of the trauma they themselves experienced as children.
But the conduct of such actions should not be allowed to pass from one child to another, creating an entire generation of traumatized adults who feel it is alright to traumatize other children.

The child is the victim, not the pedophile. The pedophile needs medical help to deal with their own trauma.

My brother-in-law is transgender. He believes he was supposed to be born a girl.
From the age of 14 he began to realize that he didn't enjoy what other boys did. This is what he told me.
He got married, joined the marines, had 3 children. When they all flew the nest, at around 50 he decided to come out of the closet.
He waited for his father to pass away so he wouldn't disappoint him.

He has a medical condition in his throat which causes his tongue to swell. It begins with a G, but I don't recall the name.
He was feeling suicidal and decided to see a psychiatrist. I believe the psychiatrist convinced him that he was a woman trapped in a man's body.
(Beware psychologists, these people have a lot of power over your mind)
And so one day he told his wife and they ended up getting a divorce. She married a man not a woman, and she walked away.
Now he has many friends who are also transgender and for some reason they all seem to be military men.
I don't know if the military with all their injections and experimentations on our troops may have contributed to a disrupution in the dna chain.

I don't understand transgenderism. I have a vagina, therefore I am a woman. End of story. Maybe I was a tomboy when I was a kid. I liked fishing and climbing trees and playing with tonka trucks. But I don't believe that made me a boy.
I never liked wearing dresses or skirts or high heels and I can't dance. And I don't care. I'm still a woman.

There is something happening in our food and water supply, the medications we're given.
And I believe that transgenderism and these other genderisms, is a product of chemical waste.
Homosexuality on the other hand has been with us since the beginning. And men raping children has also been around for ages.

I do not accept their lifestyles as "normal" . Or what we would consider traditional.
And I don't believe we should attack them because they are different.
We should try to find out what is causing this behavior.
Is it in the formula? Is it in the multiple injections children are receiving by the age of 3?

I don't have a problem with a gay monogomous relationship. That's between two consenting adults.
I'm not gay.
I don't understand transgenderism in it's true form. Meaning, there are men out there claiming they are women to be able to enter women's bathrooms, shower in the gyms, use the same dressing rooms, etc. They're not transgenger, they're perverts.

I have zero tolerance for pedophilia. The adult requires mental help for perhaps trauma's that they received as children, and want to show their "affection" to other children by traumatizing them.
The child is the victim, not the pedophile.

These are my thoughts.
Hugs

Reactions: Jim B

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew ol jim had a dog in the race and now i have seen the proof of what i suspected .
Its time for folks to return to true bibilcal christanity and do so quickly .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew ol jim had a dog in the race and now i have seen the proof of what i suspected .
Its time for folks to return to true bibilcal christanity and do so quickly .

You undoubtedly mean "love your neighbor as yourself", correct?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes , ye shall not hate your neighbor in your heart you shall in any way rebuke , correct them and not allow sin upon them .
Exactly .

That makes non sense. You clearly judge others and justify your self-righteousness by correcting and rebuking them. As I have posted before, you clearly have violated this...

Matthew 7:1-5, “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and the measure you use will be the measure you receive. Why do you see the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to see the beam of wood in your own? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye,’ while there is a beam in your own? You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

You couch your self-righteousness in your holier-than-thou posts but your attitude is clear: I'm better than you are, so I can judge you. Read this parable...

Luke 18:9-14, "Jesus also told this parable to some who were confident that they were righteous and looked down on everyone else. “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed about himself like this: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: extortionists, unrighteous people, adulterers [add homosexuals here!]—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of everything I get.’ The tax collector, however, stood far off and would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, be merciful to me, sinner that I am!’ I tell you that this man went down to his home justified rather than the Pharisee. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As we know sinners sin because they are lost. Until they come to Christ they aren't going to change...especially when it comes to bondages, they are really unable to change without the Lord. It's our job to preach the good news of forgiveness and salvation and help to draw them to Christ....compassion and mercy can go a long way. I think maybe now more than ever we need to realize we're not wrestling with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities in high places. Distinguish between lost and captive souls as opposed to what the devil and evil spirits are doing.....we want to loose forgiveness and mercy on souls but bind the devil and his cohorts in Jesus' name.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Socrates: How do you know homosexuality is a sin? Are you God?
Welby: Because it says so in the Bible! And the Bible is the word of God!
Socrates: How do you know the Bible is the word of God?
Welby: Because the Bible says the Bible is the word of God!
Socrates: Can you spot the circular flaw in that reasoning?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we know sinners sin because they are lost. Until they come to Christ they aren't going to change...especially when it comes to bondages, they are really unable to change without the Lord. It's our job to preach the good news of forgiveness and salvation and help to draw them to Christ....compassion and mercy can go a long way. I think maybe now more than ever we need to realize we're not wrestling with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities in high places. Distinguish between lost and captive souls as opposed to what the devil and evil spirits are doing.....we want to loose forgiveness and mercy on souls but bind the devil and his cohorts in Jesus' name.

Great post!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Socrates: How do you know homosexuality is a sin? Are you God?
Welby: Because it says so in the Bible! And the Bible is the word of God.
Socrates: How do you know the Bible is the word of God?
Welby: Because the Bible says the Bible is the word of God!
Socrates: Can you spot the circular flaw in that reasoning?

Best wishes, 2RM.

What is this supposed to mean?

We know the Bible is the word of God because the Holy Spirit confirms it within us.

Homosexual behavior is listed as just one of many sins that show up in people's behavior. It is sad that it is now the focus of so many people, where hatred, jealousy, strife, etc. are rarely mentioned.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm. When the Holy Spirit invaded my heart with God's love for the world and it's inhabitants, at no point was homosexuality a consideration in that process. So where, I wonder, do you get the idea that homosexuality is an issue at all, let alone a sin?

Socrates: So God (as the Holy Spirit) says the Bible is true. And the Bible is true because God says so. How does this escape the circularity we notice?

Incidentally, The conclusion of a circular argument is not necessarily false. It may be true. It's just that the argument doesn't prove anything, either way.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As my pastor friend says: Dogs bark, cats meow and sinners sin. It's their - yet unregenerate - nature/
Amen

thats why we need to be like CHrist. and give them the good news not judge them.

Until they are saved. they are slaved to their sin. judging their singular person sin has never caused a person to repent.