homosexuality and ethics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus would not want the sinners he spent time with to continue sinning, he would forgive them of their sin and tell them go and sin no more, not go and continue sinning.

What did ... go and sin no more mean?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I of course know a few gays and lesbians, including a member of my family, people I work with, and members of my church. The Christian ones love Jesus. I don't want to know what goes on in their bedrooms. Nor do I need to worry about their sins; that's between them and God, and I have plenty of sins of my own to worry about (including sins of a sexual nature).
I noticed you said the christain ones love JESUS . IF they were truly christain they would LOVE CHRIST
And not their sin . We cannot love both CHRIST and SIN . Folks need to figure that out real fast .
ANYONE can say I LOVE JESUS . But what JESUS are they loving , IS IT THE ONE WHO ACCEPTS THEIR SIN , cause that AINT JESUS .
If you notice everyone in the prosperity gospel says I LOVE JESUS . BUT IF THEY DID
why is their heart on the very riches JESUS HIMSELF said NOT TO have your heart upon .
IF you notice those who support and defend abortion can also say I LOVE JESUS
but if we loved HIM and were OF him why would we still love and support darkness .
The same goes FOR the homosexual . IF he still loveth HIS sin , HE DONT KNOW OR LOVE JESUS .
The proof of whose we are , IS WHO WE FOLLOW and the last time i checked , JESUS NEVER SUPPORTED , NEVER GLORIFEID
NEVER Honored SIN . SO WHY would we honor and or support ANY SIN . MAKES ZERO SENSE .
WELL if we read the bible it makes perfect sense . JESUS said the reason folks wont come to HIM
is that they love the darkness and wont come to the LIGHT lest their deeds be exposed .
SO what did the devil do . HE creates another jesus that will accept their evil and then they come on IN
and sit under the jesus that accepts them as is . BUT I GOT NEWS , That aint JESUS , ITS the devil
USING the name of JESUS in order to keep them decieved and in bondage . WE GOTTA LEARN THOSE BIBLES and FAST
cause satan knows how to preach another jesus , HE knows how to preach another love
Satan can use words too . BUT beware the direction his words lead one . And beware the jesus he leads one too .
Satan has always desired the worship . And paul was right , we all once served satan
HOW , by the LUSTS OF THE FLESH . HE has them right where he wants them , SITTING UNDER HIM
thinking its jesus but oh no its not , ITS HIM . Worse yet , he has many men and women within the church
leaders and the regular , BOTH sitting under satan and all thinking tis GOD , tis CHRIST . OH NOT ITS NOT .
GOD , CHRIST , nor the true apostels , EVER LED THE CHURCH INTO DARKNESS and Claimed that darkness as LIGHT .
BUT beware satan does . as does his men and his women . Beware , satan is full of wisdom
and knows how to decieve by alluring through the lusts of the flesh . RESIST HIM by our faith IN JESUS CHRIST
but BEWARE , we better make sure the JESUS we sit under aint the devil himself . LEARN those bibles and fight
and contend and correct and do all for the sake of the brethren .

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed you said the christain ones love JESUS . IF they were truly christain they would LOVE CHRIST
And not their sin ... we better make sure the JESUS we sit under aint the devil himself .... LEARN those bibles and fight
and contend and correct and do all for the sake of the brethren .

I would be interested to learn, amigo de christo, how you might define sin. In other words, what is it about sin that distinguishes it from virtue?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s how I look at it, if you love the sinner you love his sin.

Not necessarily. A father will love his son, whatever the son does. He may not always approve of him, but he will love him nonetheless. This deep, underlying love is what makes family rifts so painful. And this is how, in my understanding, God loves each of us.

Best wishes, 2RM.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be interested to learn, amigo de christo, how you might define sin. In other words, what is it about sin that distinguishes it from virtue?

Best wishes, 2RM.
Sin dishonors God . The lambs want no part of it . Lets not call sin good nor honor it in any way .
Perhaps that is not the defintion . But i noticed folks who over look sins always try and find a way with words to try and accept sin
or over look sin . Specially Certain sins if you know what i mean . WE living in a PC WORLD , but it dont mean
i am gonna conform to it . All sin within the church must be corrected . Even if some are afraid to speak out against CERTAIN sins .
It all must be corrected . Nor we can we pick and choose what sin to warn against while over looking other sins .
ALL must be corrected within the church . And if folks can so easily embrace the sins of others or their own sin
I dare say DO THEY REALLY EVEN KNOW GOD ,cause GOD transforms a heart .
But as i said some folks over look certain sins and always try and find words and strifes of words and defintions in order
to either justify CERTAIN Sins or at the very least NOT CORRECT them . A thing a lamb simply cannot do .

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That’s how I look at it, if you love the sinner you love his sin.
Because they are lost and love the darkness, such inflates their ego and as such, they serve themselves only and that's why they idolise a whore because they are a whore, a blight to God and not worthy of the Kingdom of God in fact. their is a list in the Bible of who can not come in to the Kingdome in fact, because such are not worthy in fact. for they love the darkness in fact. not to mention hate the Light because they will be exposed!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not necessarily. A father will love his son, whatever the son does. He may not always approve of him, but he will love him nonetheless. This deep, underlying love is what makes family rifts so painful. And this is how, in my understanding, God loves each of us.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Let us not be so hasty to forget that we aint the righteous judge . GOD is gonna destroy all evil .
ITS why HE made a way out . AND HIS SON aint the ministir of sin either .
GOD cannot deny HIS own righteous judgment . AND believe me , HIS JUDGMENT IS RIGHTEOUS .
The evil will be destroyed . THUS its time to point folks to Christ and to correct all sin within the church
and never let folks who are in sin , FEEL its okay to be in sin .
Let no man decieve you , its for these things that the wrath of GOD cometh upon the chidren of disobediance .
Folks are terrified to correct CERTAIN sins . I Know i keep captilizing the word CERTAIN
but we both know what sin in particular i am speaking about . Many within the churches are held captive out of fear
of that one sin . And since they wont warn , well they go after those who would in order to perhaps make themselves
feel a bit better for not doing so . FOLKS is terrified of the homosexual agenda .
I can tell pretty much any church to not commit murder and all would agree
but speak one word in most churches about not commiting homosexual acts , and you may as well have started WW three .
Folks are terrified to correct that error WITHIN THE CHURCH . YET GOD aint well pleased with that sin , or any sin
and all SIN must be corrected WITHIN THE CHURCH .

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because they are lost and love the darkness, such inflates their ego and as such, they serve themselves only and that's why they idolise a whore because they are whores...

We are, of course, all sinners. It's just some of us try to rid ourselves of it. I mention these obvious points lest some other poor sinner reading here despairs and becomes persuaded into misanthropy. We ourselves might do better if we simply observed Jesus' two great commandments, to love God and to love each other.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are obsessed with sin (especially other folks' sins) said:
I noticed you said the Christian ones love JESUS . IF they were truly Christian they would LOVE CHRIST
And not their sin .
Sigh.

People, I have a story to tell you.

41 “A moneylender had two debtors: one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 When they were unable to repay, he graciously forgave them both. So which of them will love him more?”

You can read the whole story in Luke 7:40-50. Note the ways this woman shows her love and gratitude to God, and it doesn't say a blessed thing about her not sinning again.

Your homework assignment (our homework assignment, 'cuz I include myself too) is to consider what sins Christ Jesus has forgiven you (us). And then to consider the things you (we) DO to show love and gratitude, not the things you (we) DON'T DO.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they are lost and love the darkness, such inflates their ego and as such, they serve themselves only and that's why they idolise a whore because they are a whore, a blight to God and not worthy of the Kingdom of God in fact. their is a list in the Bible of who can not come in to the Kingdome in fact, because such are not worthy in fact. for they love the darkness in fact. not to mention hate the Light because they will be exposed!
110% correct Reggie, all these people are doing are lying to themselves, they all embrace it and they all have the same saying "Love the sinner and not the sin" I'm tired of hearing that already, the sin and sinner must be rejected completely if they do not repent and abstain.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh.

People, I have a story to tell you.

41 “A moneylender had two debtors: one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 When they were unable to repay, he graciously forgave them both. So which of them will love him more?”

You can read the whole story in Luke 7:40-50. Note the ways this woman shows her love and gratitude to God, and it doesn't say a blessed thing about her not sinning again.

Your homework assignment (our homework assignment, 'cuz I include myself too) is to consider what sins Christ Jesus has forgiven you (us). And then to consider the things you (we) DO to show love and gratitude, not the things you (we) DON'T DO.
Yeah and LOVE CORRECTS . Correcting SIN within the church is not SIN .
Too many folks are being led by sensual emotions these days and not rather by the SPIRIT .
I know full well i was the worst of the worst , far worse than most , YET I CORRECT brethren that err .
AND i also know paul was the worst o the worst , AND I KNOW HE CORRECTED SIN WITHIN THE CHURCH .
Was paul wrong , am i wrong . Folks GET IN BIBLES and be REFRESHED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are, of course, all sinners. It's just some of us try to rid ourselves of it. I mention these obvious points lest some other poor sinner reading here despairs and becomes persuaded into misanthropy. We ourselves might do better if we simply observed Jesus' two great commandments, to love God and to love each other.

Best wishes, 2RM.
DID pual observe those two commandments .
DID peter observe those two commandments .
DID james observe those two commandments
DId jude observe those two commandments
Did John observe those two commandments
THEY DID . AND THEY ALL CORRECTED ERROR TOO .
TIME to open bibles and learn CHRIST and what the true apostels left us in said bible .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Best wishes, 2RM.
Sin is anything that separates us from God and even those who may seem virtuous are sinners if they do not love God. It isn't virtue or good works that make us Christian it is only the blood of Jesus.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sin is anything that separates us from God...

Interesting, Pearl. A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. These days, however, having paid the matter some attention, I tend to the opinion that sin is a'way of being'. If you consider the seven deadly sins (lust, pride, gluttony, avarice, envy, wrath and sloth) these are all ways of being that separate one from God. Furthermore, though transparent to us, our ways of being distort and shadow our world views, so that an individual 'burning with lust' does not realise that he is 'in lust', or thinks that unimportant, or makes up some kind of self-serving excuse for his state. His whole world, though, is perceived through that distorted, beshadowed state, to the selfish end of serving his sin.

As regards the thread theme, 'homosexuality and ethics', then it seems to me both hetero- and homosexual, male and female, can be in lust, so I do not see anything I have said as a valid excuse for the widespread prejudice against gays or lesbians.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
DID paul observe those two commandments .
DID peter observe those two commandments .
DID james observe those two commandments
DId jude observe those two commandments
Did John observe those two commandments
THEY DID ...

Then go thou and do likewise.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited: