homosexuality and ethics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who says the main purpose of sex is to reproduce? Maybe it's just to enhance relationships. Children need stability, and life is a lot easier with two adullts working in concert than it is with one single. Maybe the purpose of sex is not only to produce babies and children, but as a way to develop and enhance the relationship between couples, so that if a pregnancy occurs the child will grow up in the optimum set of circumstnces. But - here's the kicker - a strong relationship is good in itself, and society is better because of it, hetero- or homosexual, and it needs no further justification.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't had sex for 20 years (and even that was nothing to write home about) but going without doesn't bother me at all.
My brother-in-law once asked my sister if I'm gay but the answer is no..:)
I wish I'd met a nice sweet caring lady and had fallen head over heels in lurv with her but it just never happened..(sniffle)

"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life"
(Proverbs 31)

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be fooled, homosexuality is a mental disease and they are sexual deviants, even preying on kids.

Personally, I think homosexuality, Pedophilia, (being called a mental disease, like alcoholism, bi-polar, etc. sort of lends an excuse of like an excuse to cough because one “contracted” a cold.)

Certainly I believe the mind is effected, from birth, according to what a child is subjected to, (good or bad), by parents, siblings, extended family, friends, teachers, television, music, strangers, etc.

When a child IS subjected to anything off kilter, that they LIKE, that INTERESTS, then depending on their caretaker (at the moment, parent, teachers, family member, etc.), reaction...the child will reason in his own mind, to put it away, or dwell and or do IN SECRET.
(That is my meaning of ... not like “catching a cold”.)
The SECRECY, by the child can be guarded For Years, becoming obsessive continually Dwelt on thoughts that occupy their minds non-stop, and ways to hide their secrets.
* The grave danger in these days, is the OPEN continual conversations, with SOME reinforcing a child’s behavior AND the secrecy IS encouraged as Acceptable and the child’s LIKABLE response that their behavior IS Acceptable, TO some, who are fulfilling the role of their ‘caretaker’.

Something definitely wrong with you saying stuff defending Pedophiles, a song comes to mind when I think of pedophiles, the lyrics are Death, the only solution.

I don’t think @thelord's_pearl was defending Pedophiles, but rather speaking generally of people’s ability to be cordial, regardless of their deviant behaviors.

The thing is about (many) Pedophiles being cordial, nice, IS one of their many tactics to gain an unwitting child’s trust.
Seriously...Four stand out Professions that is like a “gold mine” to a Pedophile...IS:
* Babysitter, Preacher, Teacher, Photographer....A “shoe-in” for instant Trust...Hey mommy and daddy trust them, why would the child then doubt?

It is a modern day society perpetuated and encourage phenomena ...
From birth through formative years; the bulk of a child’s waking day spent with ANYONE other than the parents, IMO is the greatest “disease” that has “infected” America in the last 100 years.

Glory to God,
Taken

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
homosexuality and ethics
What is the right Christian thought?

Well God zapped the totally filthy depraved Sodom/Gomorrah crowd out of existence so I'm sure we can draw our conclusions from that..:)
However, not all gays are as depraved as that, and some are nice friendly guys, but whether God will cut them some slack on judgement day remains to be seen.
I'm not a biology expert but perhaps some gays are really women who were born trapped in a mans body, but again we don't know if God will cut them some slack too.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Setting aside God, and the Bible, just for a second.
Lets look at Nature.....as in Mother Nature.
Does not Mother Nature, the order of the species, not make clear that sex that cannot reproduce the species, is not "natural"?
So, if that is beyond someone's comprehension, let me slow it down.

What happens if Gay sex is the only sex?
What happens to the human race?
A.) It becomes EXTINCT.

Why? Because the central and main reason for SEX is to REPRODUCE the SPECIES........and Homosexual sex cannot reproduce the species.

Is that not clear?
Is that too difficult to understand, or does that not fit someone's agenda or lifestyle?

Then let me bring it down to a CRAWL.

If you take all the homosexuals......>Male......and put them on an Island. And give them health care, food, protection, shelter, comfort, entertainment...

And if you take all the female homosexuals and put them on an Island, and give them health care, food and water, protection, shelter.....

= If you leave them both for 150 yrs, and go back, they are EXTINCT.
Why?
Because Mother Nature, has SPOKEN regarding their SEXUALITY as being UNNATURAL.

So, think on that, if Romans Chapter 1 starting at verse 24 till the end of the chapter, does not fit your "contemporary" opinion, reader.
Have you considered looking at the development of homosexuality in the human race by the scientists? Science has many answers about this.

also, scientifically speaking within our species the Y chromosome is unstable and slowly disappearing. Eventually, our species gender will be very different. We also see all kinds of reproduction from asexual cloning, to multiple partners and so on.

Also you’re making it out as if it’s either 100% heterosexual or 100% homosexual. That’s not what it is. It’s more like 70-90% heterosexual to 30-10% lgbt.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...Because Mother Nature, has SPOKEN regarding their SEXUALITY as being UNNATURAL.
So, think on that, if Romans Chapter 1 starting at verse 24 till the end of the chapter, does not fit your "contemporary" opinion, reader.

There are plenty of things in the world that are unnatural, but our sexualities aren't among them.

Best wishes, 2RM

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I also think sin such as taking in drugs or bad chemicals during intercourse can be a reason why there's a chemical imbalance in people such as perhaps being born homosexual (I say "perhaps" because I don't know if you are actually born homosexual or another thought I had is if you were sexually abused as a baby by the father or mother, etc and didn't know it, your brain wasn't developed enough to know it).

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I
I think homosexuality is wrong only because God/the bible says it's wrong and I think God made the the male/female anatomy differently for a reason, to show that it's wrong but other than that, I feel sorry for homosexuals to have to deal with something they can't control, it could be a chemical thing, but just like pedophiles can't control what they like, I feel sorry for that too because I think there are nice pedophiles who genuinely are attracted to children or teens but can't have them. I think there are also many nice homosexuals. :( perplexed
(by the way, I'm not homosexual or a pedophile)
What is the right Christian thought?
I think it has something to do with hormone or endocrine systems mutation.

Have you ever noticed in many ,not all of course, gay couples one of them will play the opposite sex roll?

In Lesbians one will be the girly girl in appearance and demeanor. While the other one is butch.
It's the heterosexual couple model display by same sex couples. Same with gay male couples.
One is butch. The other is very effeminate.

Homosexuality is by definition anatomically abnormal.
Male isn't meant to penetrate male. Nor are females.

I heard a gay man claim animals are homosexual and that precludes it being unnatural, and a choice.
When they were fighting for equal rights I wouldn't think offering animal couplings would be a valid piece of evidence for human normalcy in sexual Congress.

''Seriously your honors of the supreme court, we're following the same sex drive as two male penguins! Woohoo!:Broadly:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do wish people would stop eliding paedophilia with homosexuality. They are quite distinct forms of sexual behaviour. However it is a tactic used by the gay-haters brigade to discredit any form of sexuality that doesn't fit their simplistic, binary world view. The fact is, there are gay men who are homosexual and paedophile, but far more who are homosexual and not peadophile. And the same goes for heterosexuals; some are paedophiles, most arem't. Anyway, unless someone has statistics concerning the incidence of peadophilia amongst homo- and heterosexuals, for comparison, we are discussing from a position of ignorance.

Best wishes, 2RM

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cringe when I hear or read hate the sin but love the dinner. Sorry that was meant to be sinner. It is a cliche that allows people to give their views on sin without having to do anything about it. In other words it is sanctimoneous. Most of the time hating the sin means hating the sinner. If you are truly born again you haven't got time to hate anything.

I used to have a ministry to homosexuals and I didn't hate what they did. I was too busy loving them and helping them overcome it. I never talked about their homosexuality unless they wanted to talk about it. I talked about how much I cared for them and loved them and I was always there for them.

Over time they discovered they were loved for who they were not for sex, and it was great to see them throw off the burden of their sin and become whole people.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well God zapped the totally filthy depraved Sodom/Gomorrah crowd out of existence so I'm sure we can draw our conclusions from that..:)
However, not all gays are as depraved as that, and some are nice friendly guys, but whether God will cut them some slack on judgement day remains to be seen.
I'm not a biology expert but perhaps some gays are really women who were born trapped in a mans body, but again we don't know if God will cut them some slack too.
If I was to claim I am a woman, that would be a lie !
If I was to claim I am woman trapped in a mans body ? That is called possessed !
Two facts right their, that no one could reject is a fact.

If someone wants to be Peter Pan so be it, they can play it out, but to live it ? :rolleyes::eek:

I am going to claim I am Donald Duck and walk about with no pants on and just have his getup on. I am Donald Duck ! That makes me Donald Duck right ?
Ok then tomorrow I am going to be Donald Trump ! I am going to walk into his office or home etc. see it's not going to happen, such is a lie and deception and fraud ! you can got to jail for such.

The next day I am Obama ? oh no I don't want to be Obama ! but if they say I am Obama, well the fact is I am not and don't try to make out I am ?

See that's Identity thief !

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I think homosexuality, Pedophilia, (being called a mental disease, like alcoholism, bi-polar, etc. sort of lends an excuse of like an excuse to cough because one “contracted” a cold.)

Certainly I believe the mind is effected, from birth, according to what a child is subjected to, (good or bad), by parents, siblings, extended family, friends, teachers, television, music, strangers, etc.

When a child IS subjected to anything off kilter, that they LIKE, that INTERESTS, then depending on their caretaker (at the moment, parent, teachers, family member, etc.), reaction...the child will reason in his own mind, to put it away, or dwell and or do IN SECRET.
(That is my meaning of ... not like “catching a cold”.)
The SECRECY, by the child can be guarded For Years, becoming obsessive continually Dwelt on thoughts that occupy their minds non-stop, and ways to hide their secrets.
* The grave danger in these days, is the OPEN continual conversations, with SOME reinforcing a child’s behavior AND the secrecy IS encouraged as Acceptable and the child’s LIKABLE response that their behavior IS Acceptable, TO some, who are fulfilling the role of their ‘caretaker’.

I don’t think @thelord's_pearl was defending Pedophiles, but rather speaking generally of people’s ability to be cordial, regardless of their deviant behaviors.

The thing is about (many) Pedophiles being cordial, nice, IS one of their many tactics to gain an unwitting child’s trust.
Seriously...Four stand out Professions that is like a “gold mine” to a Pedophile...IS:
* Babysitter, Preacher, Teacher, Photographer....A “shoe-in” for instant Trust...Hey mommy and daddy trust them, why would the child then doubt?

It is a modern day society perpetuated and encourage phenomena ...
From birth through formative years; the bulk of a child’s waking day spent with ANYONE other than the parents, IMO is the greatest “disease” that has “infected” America in the last 100 years.

Glory to God,
Taken
You have your thoughts, I have mine.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus came here to die for Sinners.
Why? Because He loves them, including you.

Jesus spent more time with sinners, then he spent with the self righteous hyper religious who looked down on sinners.
Jesus would not want the sinners he spent time with to continue sinning, he would forgive them of their sin and tell them go and sin no more, not go and continue sinning.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let he who has no sin cast the first stone
And so we are to continue sinning? Jesus forgave the Adulteress who was about to be stoned, when he told the people who were going to stone her to death, he without sin cast the first stone, when everyone dropped their stones, he told the Adulteress go and sin no more.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so I guess jesus did not love us while we were yet sinners?? or he loved our sin?
Jesus is spelled with a Capital J, yes Christ loved us while we were and are sinners, we are supposed to not continue sinning and keep carrying on with what we know are abominations to God.