Homosexuality Being Accepted And Embraced By Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll reply to only one part of your post: no practicing homosexual can be a Christian. That is total nonsense. One doesn't have to be entirely free of sin to be a Christian, otherwise nobody could be a Christian.

In case you're not aware, Christians are not under the law.

Are you sinless?
I think you are missing something important here.....sexual sin is what God forbids in ALL of its expressions.....homosexuality is just one of them. No person is free to have sexual relations with someone to whom they are not scripturally married. It wouldn’t matter what laws the world makes, these do not invalidate God’s laws.

Jesus said.....
“Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female 5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? 6 So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.” (Matthew 19:4-6)

Christians are bound by Christ’s teachings and this states that Christian marriage is a male and female which God has yoked together.....so argue with Jesus, not me.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I post is based on facts John, not blind emotion. You can love your fellow man without loving what they do. I hate what God hates.
But we are not their judges and in no way am I saying that I support their lifestyle. Please read my response again and see what I actually said...rather than what you think I said.....OK?

I am not “standing up for homosexuality”....I said people had choices....God gives them those choices. We must too. If God hasn’t wiped them out, like he did with Sodom and Gomorrah, then he is allowing everyone to make their choices about their faith, their moral standards, and their reliance on an inept world under satan to correct the problems that he created, but that God is presently permitting for his own reasons. You know what “enough rope” means?

Please step back and see why God is letting these things define all people. if your emotions cloud your vision, you will never understand why our choices matter in these last days before Jehovah brings the curtain down on all of it permanently.

We are not under obligation to judge anyone but ourselves. Forcing people to do the right thing is not what God wants.....he wants willing obedience from the heart. Do you want to force people to do what they don’t want to do because you want power over them? There are many things that God hates about sinful human behaviour...homosexuality is only one of them.

We are all, at this juncture, being judged as either an obedient “sheep” or a a disobedient “goats”. There are no fences to sit on in this...we are all judged as either one or the other and no excuses will be accepted, “just like the days of Noah”. How far did God allow that world to go before he finished it? All those who perished in the flood were warned and made their choices. (Matthew 24:37-39)

We can tell people what God’s standards are, but Jesus never forced people to do as he said....he just told them the truth and allowed his audience to make their own choices. You cannot make that choice for them, and God did not appoint us as judges of anyone. We can just keep out of all of that (be NO part of the world) and use our energy to make sure that we are “doing the will of God” to the best of our ability, ourselves.....(Matthew 7:21-23)

Agree with all this. We love God because he first loved us. We in our sinful rebellion against him prior to our conversion was way more disgusting to him than any homosexual can ever be to anyone of us (should we view homosexuality in that way, though we actually should view all sin as abhorrent as God does). Whenever there is someone who seems abhorrent to me (like acting in a bad way or just visually like that or whatever), I try to consider how abhorrent my sins are before God yet he still set his love upon me. We should strive to do the same: God has had mercy on us so we should also have mercy toward others.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The divine principle is the same. God doesn't change. When God was in a covenant relationship with Israel both the murderer, and the ones practicing homosexuality, when discovered practicing homosexuality, we're put to death. It's man's principles that changes not God's divine principle's.
Those who practices murdering people and who doesn't change and those who practices homosexuality who doesn't change will not inherit God's kingdom, meaning they both will be lost for eternity if they don't change.
It’s in the Bible, so how can it be against inheriting God’s Kingdom?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes the OT is the blueprint for the NT. So such states a foundation on such.
Not to mention, we know where all that idolising of such comes from and leads to down the track. such is in the Bible in fact.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well said Reggie and agreed, this lady called me a Redneck, when I'm from Newark New Jersey, some people are just so far gone and brainwashed they make these stupid accusations. Then she puts me on ignore like I care, she did me a favor by doing so.
Some people believe all the MSM claim.
The MSM has been whipping up and is always creating mass hysteria working to divide people, I can see that for a out right fact !

Reactions: JohnPaul

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You’re missing the point John....we are not to judge. Can you let Jesus do that? No one says you have to like what they do, but you cannot “hate” the person. It comes across as blind hatred. But that kind of “blindness” doesn’t come from God. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

All sexual sin is against God’s law. Any manner of sexual contact if it is not within the confines of scriptural marriage is a reason not to inherit the kingdom. Homosexuality is only one kind of sin.

But we have no right to tell anyone but ourselves how to live our lives.....no government of man is ever going to be doing God’s will, because the very ones you want to make the laws concerning these things, are as immoral as the ones you want to make them for....you are asking satan to rule against himself.

“Let go and let God” as the saying goes.....pray for the ability to do that.
Are you imposing your will on God by trying to hurry things up by human means?
Isn’t God in control? Can’t you trust him to do what he promised? He will eliminate all sin in his due time.....you can count on that. Can you be patient and wait on him?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are you saying, is in the Bible?

I'm saying that the true God has always viewed gross sin, such as someone who practices being a murderer and those who practice homosexuality as sins that we must refrain from practicing, that they both were put to death when found guilty of such charges among God covenant people. I'm saying the scriptures show us that God doesn't change, meaning his divine principles concerning sin don't change. So the scriptures are showing us in Gods word that people who practices being a murderer and doesn't change, will not inherit God's kingdom. Those who practice homosexuality, and don't change will not inherit God's kingdom, which as I said means they will be lost for eternity.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're limiting your judgement of others to those within the church only? Fine. So you agree that homosexuals outside the church are not to be judged by Christians, correct?
All we can do is preach Christ to the lost . But the church has to take care of the folks on the inside and that includes correction

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry I don’t agree that calls for the Death penalty.
yet let he who is without sin first cast that stone . In other words we ourselves cannot put them to death
Now GOD will bring his wrath against those who pratice evil and love a lie . Thus all we can do
is correct any error the moment its spotted within any gathering within said church . And correct it FAST
cause even a little leaven leavens the place full . Thus if they wanna pratice or support such evil
cast them out of the church for the sake of the church as well as that perhaps they too might sorrow to repentance .
Leaving folks in sin is wicked evil and it not only destroys the soul of he who pratices such things
IT WILL DESROY your church too . Too many have been silenced .
YET every time you turn around Tv , commericals , politics , news , even churches are speaking up FOR the gay agenda
YET any time a lamb speaks up to expose the agenda , even so called christains attack it .
ANYONE wanna guess why EVIL can fill the place so fast . WHEN folks wont warn out and instead let the voices
of evil SPEAK OUT , GUESS What is gonna fill the place . EVIL IS . TIME TO CORRECT and time to follow the pattern
JESUS first set and later the apostels expounded on . CORRECT any brethren who is any sin or who even supports said sins .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't mean you love the practice of sexual immorality, which includes homosexuality. Jesus Christ said that we are to love our enemies. Well when it comes to a person who murders people I'm to love that person who has murdered someone, but I'm not to love the act of him murdering someone. It's the same with LGBTQ's, I'm to love those people yes, but not what they practice, which is sexual immorality. I will continue to speak out against sexual immorality even to LGBTQ's.
Sorry I don't believe that or accept that.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re missing the point John....we are not to judge. Can you let Jesus do that? No one says you have to like what they do, but you cannot “hate” the person. It comes across as blind hatred. But that kind of “blindness” doesn’t come from God. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

All sexual sin is against God’s law. Any manner of sexual contact if it is not within the confines of scriptural marriage is a reason not to inherit the kingdom. Homosexuality is only one kind of sin.

But we have no right to tell anyone but ourselves how to live our lives.....no government of man is ever going to be doing God’s will, because the very ones you want to make the laws concerning these things, are as immoral as the ones you want to make them for....you are asking satan to rule against himself.

Isn’t God in control? Can’t you trust him to do what he promised? He will eliminate all sin in his due time.....you can count on that. Can you be patient and wait on him?
As a God Fearing man I am to judge and call out those who commit these abominations, and not accept or embrace them.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet let he who is without sin first cast that stone . In other words we ourselves cannot put them to death
Now GOD will bring his wrath against those who pratice evil and love a lie . Thus all we can do
is correct any error the moment its spotted within any gathering within said church . And correct it FAST
cause even a little leaven leavens the place full . Thus if they wanna pratice or support such evil
cast them out of the church for the sake of the church as well as that perhaps they too might sorrow to repentance .
Leaving folks in sin is wicked evil and it not only destroys the soul of he who pratices such things
IT WILL DESROY your church too . Too many have been silenced .
YET every time you turn around Tv , commericals , politics , news , even churches are speaking up FOR the gay agenda
YET any time a lamb speaks up to expose the agenda , even so called christains attack it .
ANYONE wanna guess why EVIL can fill the place so fast . WHEN folks wont warn out and instead let the voices
of evil SPEAK OUT , GUESS What is gonna fill the place . EVIL IS . TIME TO CORRECT and time to follow the pattern
JESUS first set and later the apostels expounded on . CORRECT any brethren who is any sin or who even supports said sins .
Yeah I've heard all that before, you think they'll let you correct them?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it that you “cannot” do John? Jesus did not go around condemning people even though he hated sin because of how it offended his Father....but he came to save sinners of all sorts. He didn’t judge them as unworthy of his attention, but saw them as “sheep without a shepherd” and wanted them to change their ways and live. He gave them that opportunity.

Have you thought of praying for a more Christ-like attitude towards these people? Remember that the apostle Paul said “that is what some of you WERE”, (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) referring to various forms of sin that had entrapped people...including homosexuality. We are not asked to approve of their lifestyle, but to see them as someone who could be rescued from something that afflicts them like any other form of sin.
Ask yourself how you would feel if your natural sexual desire was directed towards other males and you couldn’t help it. No matter how much you wanted it not to, your hormones moved you to be attracted to males instead of females. It’s about trying to put yourself in the other person’s shoes....would you like people to condemn you for something that felt natural even though it wasn’t?

You cannot allow your disgust for their lifestyle to treat them as sub-human.....not every homosexual is a rainbow flag waving drag queen. We can separate ourselves from their lifestyle without condemning the person. We do not know how God views that person.....and we have no right to judge them. View them as Christ does....as potential brothers and sisters. We do not know their heart.
There is a difference between “can’t” and “won”t”......
Love my fellow many and not what they do, that's not in me.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I've heard all that before, you think they'll let you correct them?
What we do in our church is should any member or teaching elder be found living in gross sin (like homosexuality, adultery, stealing, murder; of course some of those involve notifying civil authorities) and not repenting of it, they are called before a council (if a talk one on one with an elder or a group of a two or three elders/church members does not produce repentance in them) and told they must repent of the sin they are embracing. If they do not, they are formally excommunicated from the church. We are not to fellowship with the individual anymore. We can treat them kindly and politely but they cannot take part in the Lord's supper or in things like fellowship luncheons and stuff like that.

I feel that it is imperative that these things take place. I saw it enacted at a church I visited once, the implementation of church discipline (it involved a gross sin which required the notification of civil authorities). It definitely serves the purpose of shepherding the flock, to prevent evil taking root among us. I have the impression that much too often, sins--gross sins like the ones I mentioned, not the ones you should cover with love like if another church member angers you--are brushed under the rug in churches. That is how Satan and the evil spirits infiltrate a church and cause its downfall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunty Jane

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I don't believe that or accept that.
What you choose to believe is your choice but what you're choosing not to believe or not accept is going against the love that all true Christians must have. God sent his son to die for everyone, so that whoever exercises faith will get eternal life. That means that God loves homosexuals he just doesn't love the practice of homosexuality.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you choose to believe is your choice but what you're choosing not to believe or not accept is going against the love that all true Christians must have. God sent his son to die for everyone, so that whoever exercises faith will get eternal life. That means that God loves homosexuals he just doesn't love the practice of homosexuality.
Whatever, no sense in talking to people like you, you have your minds brainwashed already, so I'd only be wasting my time.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm worried about JohnPaul, he has a lot of hatred.

Reactions: dhh712

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And specifically what Jesus commanded us to do as well. There isn't anyway to deny that he said to "love your enemies". And he gave several descriptions of how to do that: one involves letting others belittle you, shame you, not lashing out when you are attacked; the other two involved giving of your things to another and going above and beyond in service to them. All of these encompass what we are talking about when we say we are to love our homosexual neighbor and not hate them. So, what you are saying specifically, John, is that you are rebelling against the teaching of Jesus. Please own what you are doing because you cannot by the revelation of God deny that you are doing that.

I'll reply to only one part of your post: no practicing homosexual can be a Christian. That is total nonsense. One doesn't have to be entirely free of sin to be a Christian, otherwise nobody could be a Christian.
In case you're not aware, Christians are not under the law.
Are you sinless?

Actually, you've got quite a crowd on here who do say they are sinless. Practically nothing disgusts me more. It is clear evidence to me that they have not encountered even a fraction of the holiness of God because should one experience that, they would realize the innumerable ways in which they fail to live a perfect and holy life. Only Jesus achieved that. To say one is living like him is to disqualify yourself from understanding the perfection which God demands in an individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.