Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
So you too don't believe grace covers all sins of the flesh?

14 -----Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

If you do not repent of sin you are still guilty of it.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14 -----Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

If you do not repent of sin you are still guilty of it.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:26-29 is talking about one particular sin, which is not a sin of the flesh, but a sin of the spirit.

Repenting from a sin does not mean you quit being a sinner nor does it mean you quit sinning.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Hebrews 10:26-29 is talking about one particular sin, which is not a sin of the flesh, but a sin of the spirit.

Repenting from a sin does not mean you quit being a sinner nor does it mean you quit sinning.

Not intending to derail the conversation but there is a difference between a sinner and one that has repented but still sin. Nowhere in the Bible is a Christian (one that has repents) called a sinner.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not intending to derail the conversation but there is a difference between a sinner and one that has repented but still sin. Nowhere in the Bible is a Christian (one that has repents) called a sinner.

From the choir loft:

Your question pivots on the word and nature of repentance.

repent
verb
1. Feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about.
2. Turn away from sin or do penitence.

A man will not be forgiven unless he is truly penitent, truly repents of his sins.
Repentance comes before forgiveness. Remember the life and times of John the Baptist? He came preaching repentance to 'make straight paths out of crooked ones' so to speak. The entire purpose of John's ministry was to teach repentance. As John came before Jesus, so does repentance come before forgiveness.

That being said, if a man repents truly and deeply of his sin, then he is forgiven. He is no longer considered a sinner in the eyes of God.
But remember that repentance started the whole process. The conviction and persuasion upon the man that his way in life is wrong is what drives him to God in the first place. If the man is truly sincere he will not tend to repeat the offense.....or at least repeat it willfully.

God is not slack in that He will not continue to seemingly do nothing in the face of continued misdeeds. Judgment begins in the house of the Lord* and continued rebellion on the part of a forgiven man WILL result in divine judgment upon that man during his time upon the earth. Such judgment can be painful and permanent. The Biblical imagery given is that of a vine dresser cutting and trimming the plants in his vineyard. Such a man can suffer horrible loss in the face of divine punishment. Remember that God values the eternal spirit above the flesh and it is His purpose to save that soul from sin one way or another.

There are those that say once a man is forgiven the work is done. Those same people are naive in that they do not observe the human condition and the way God deals with it. They have no answer to he that stumbles except to condemn him....all the while failing to recognize the marvelous work of the HOLY Spirit in that life....blessing and punishment and all. If a father loves his son will he not punish him into doing right? How much more then does our heavenly father act in the lives of those who are called by His name?

"It hurts you to kick against the goads."
Acts 9:5

(*) "For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?"
1Pe 4:17

You speak like a lawyer or a pharisee....

Repentance, by definition, means a heartfelt and sincere desire TO TURN AWAY FROM SIN. It means that you want to quit being a sinner with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul. IT MEANS YOU QUIT SINNING.

No man can enter the Kingdom of God except he first sheds holy tears of repentance for his sins and wickedness before God.

But Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Luk 9:62

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the choir loft:

repent
verb

You speak like a lawyer or a pharisee....

Repentance, by definition, means a heartfelt and sincere desire TO TURN AWAY FROM SIN. It means that you want to quit being a sinner with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul. IT MEANS YOU QUIT SINNING.

No man can enter the Kingdom of God except he first sheds holy tears of repentance for his sins and wickedness before God.

But Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
Luk 9:62
No come on.... There is no need for that comment about sounding like a lawyer or pharisee.

Your use of Heb 10:26 is without considering what verses 1-25 said, and especially verse 25. It's talking about one particular sin, not any sins of the flesh, which verses 1-24 state are covered by grace.

Repentance can mean turning away from your sin -- or as many people really want to say, stop sinning. The problem is it can't be done. You can stop one sin -- like homosexuality or whatever -- but theree is a whole slew of sins that you haven't repented (either were remorseful about or stopped) from.

Paul talked alot about sin of course. One thing he said was "the good that I would do, I do not; but the evil that I would not, that I do. But it is not me, but sin that dwelleth in me" [paraphrasing]. So I'm sure that this apostle repented, but he still admitted he sinned, even when he didn't want to.

There are too ways to repent: 1. Repent for each and every one of your sins (which will be limited to the ones you are aware of, or think you are guilty of, but leaving out the ones you THINK you aren't guilty of); or 2. Repent from being a sinner. The latter will cover all your sins at once, even if you still do them or are going to do them. That's what the publican did in Luke 18:13.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
From the choir loft:

repent
verb

A man will not be forgiven unless he is truly penitent, truly repents of his sins.
Repentance comes before forgiveness. Remember the life and times of John the Baptist? He came preaching repentance to 'make straight paths out of crooked ones' so to speak. The entire purpose of John's ministry was to teach repentance. As John came before Jesus, so does repentance come before forgiveness.

Not true....remember Jesus forgave and ask His Father to forgive those who crucified and was mocking Him when He was dying on the cross. Jesus death blotted out the sins of all people even though the vast majority have not repented. In order for human beings to be saved God has to forgive us first......then repentance comes after. And repentance is granted by God to the individual God wants to repent.

That being said, if a man repents truly and deeply of his sin, then he is forgiven. He is no longer considered a sinner in the eyes of God.
But remember that repentance started the whole process. The conviction and persuasion upon the man that his way in life is wrong is what drives him to God in the first place. If the man is truly sincere he will not tend to repeat the offense.....or at least repeat it willfully.

It is not repenting why a Christian is forgiven....it is because Jesus has paid the penalty for our sins why all human beings are forgiven. The difference between the unbeliever and the Christian is that the latter has accepted that forgiveness and is now through the Holy Spirit strives to live a new life…..they love and desire to do what is good.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

It is truly speaking of sin in general. The wages of sin that leads to death is death.

Walking in the Spirit of Christ is leaving the flesh and the devils playground. If you do not have the Spirit of Christ leading You. You are not His and you are as of yet not saved. This is why it is so important to ask God For the Spirit of Christ daily.

Romans 8
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

The Bible does not say that a Christian is a sinner nor does it imply that one is. Do you practice and love sin? if you do then you are a sinner....if not then you are not a sinner even though one will sin from time to time, but it is not because one desires to sin or love sinning.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
The Bible does not say that a Christian is a sinner nor does it imply that one is. Do you practice and love sin? if you do then you are a sinner....if not then you are not a sinner even though one will sin from time to time, but it is not because one desires to sin or love sinning.
People who sin willfully, knowing it is sin, are not Christians. Mouth service avails nothing without doing what Christ commanded.
Christ laid down His life for His friends not His enemy.

John 15
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
People who sin willfully, knowing it is sin, are not Christians. Mouth service avails nothing without doing what Christ commanded.
Christ laid down His life for His friends not His enemy.

John 15
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

I never said that.......I was dealing with forgiveness. The Bible says Jesus died for all. It’s says while we were sinners He died for us.....we were forgiven before we repented.

Romans 5:8 (ASV)
[sup]8 [/sup]But God commendeth his own love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:10 (ASV)
[sup]10 [/sup]For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, shall we be saved by his life;

2 Corinthians 5:14 (ASV)
[sup]14 [/sup]For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that one died for all, therefore all died;

It is time we reject what we might hear in Church from the pulpit if it conflicts with the scriptures.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is truly speaking of sin in general. The wages of sin that leads to death is death

Walking in the Spirit of Christ is leaving the flesh and the devils playground. If you do not have the Spirit of Christ leading You. You are not His and you are as of yet not saved. This is why it is so important to ask God For the Spirit of Christ daily.

Romans 8
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

If you do not think Hebrews 10:26 is talking about one particular sin, but is talking about sin in general please make your case and tell me why you believe so. Here it was it says in full context:

"Let us hold fast to the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithfull that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke and to love unto good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves toghether as the manner of some is: but exorting one another, and so much the more so as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three weitnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?"

When Paul (or whomever the author is) said this, he was on one particular subject: "not forsaking the assembling". Furthermore, when he said let us provoke each other unto good works, the good works he spoke about was attending the assembling. Even furthermore, he said that forsaking the assembling was doing despite unto the Spirit of grace (not works). I can prove that grace has a direct line to the assembling in a Church, under a preacher. Not only does this verse say it, but others as well which state grace comes by faith, and faith by hearing, and you can't hear without a preacher.

So I'd like to hear your explanation on why this is talking about sin in general.

You stated:

"Walking in the Spirit of Christ is leaving the flesh and the devils playground. If you do not have the Spirit of Christ leading You. You are not His and you are as of yet not saved. This is why it is so important to ask God For the Spirit of Christ daily."

Interesting concept.... I'll get to it later.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Verse 17 starts the reason for verse 26. The whole thing is talking about sin and being washed from it by entering into the way that God created through Christ.

Hebrews 10
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness<a name="b"> to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say , his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
us2are1- >>>>Verse 17 starts the reason for verse 26. The whole thing is talking about sin and being washed from it by entering into the way that God created through Christ.

Hebrews 10
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness<a name="b"> to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say , his flesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.<<<<

Hebrews 10 does not say that a person must repent before their sins and iniquities will be forgiven. The scriptures that I post in # 431 is very clear. All were reconciled to God through the death of Jesus. It is not what we were all taught in Church but the Bible is what we should believe even if the pastor might say something different.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Christs teaching began with repent and believe the Gospel.

Matthew 4
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Mark 1
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

Luke 13
5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

Acts 2
38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 17 starts the reason for verse 26. The whole thing is talkighng about sin and being washed from it by entering into the way that God created through Christ.

No, verse 17 and 18 are the end of what the new covenenant is. In verse 16 Paul quotes the Lord: "This is the covenent I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts and in their minds will I write them. ANd their sins and iniquitities will I remember no more." Paul then makes a further comment in verse 18: "Now where the remission of these is, there is no more sacrifice for sin." By the way, sins are in remission not because we stop sinning. It never says that we do. The remission is because God no longer will remember them (in other words, he doesn't hold them against us).

Verse 19 begins a different topic. Paul moved from what the covenent is, to what we do with it: "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath concencrated for us, through the vail, that is to say, his flesh, and having an high priest over the house of God: Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering (for he is faithful that promised) and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: not forsaking the assembling...."

Verse 26 tells us what the penalty is for "willfully sinning (and thus begins a different topic), but there isn't a sin mentioned beforehand EXCEPT in verse 25. Thus, there isn't anything else to attach verse 26 to except whatever the sin is in verse 25.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Christs teaching began with repent and believe the Gospel.

Matthew 4
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Mark 1
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

Luke 13
5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

Acts 2
38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

That is an entirely different thing. Repentance is what all people should do. But forgiveness is what God have done for all people.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
That is an entirely different thing. Repentance is what all people should do. But forgiveness is what God have done for all people.

Christ only died for His friends.

John 15

Very soon grace will end for those who are outside when the master of the house stands and closes the door.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Christ only died for His friends.

John 15

Very soon grace will end for those who are outside when the master of the house stands and closes the door.

LOL. :D I could show you scriptures that say that Jesus died for all but I won't bother since I have post some several post back. Christians today are only a small minority of those who will be saved......the vast majority will repent after Jesus returns.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
LOL. :D I could show you scriptures that say that Jesus died for all but I won't bother since I have post some several post back.

Romans 8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.