Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So.....all 'true believers' must agree on scripture?
As much as I hate to say it, in the end, they better. We must be in one mind and one accord. That doesn't mean "one mind, one accord except on points A, B, L and S." Now I will say we should discuss it and learn it.... And when the time is right, we will. It won't be because I bend on some points and you bend on others, though... God will tell us "this is it, and that's final". Then we'll say, "Oh, ok!" Probably won't happen in this life, but who knows.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I hate to say it, in the end, they better. We must be in one mind and one accord. That doesn't mean "one mind, one accord except on points A, B, L and S." Now I will say we should discuss it and learn it.... And when the time is right, we will. It won't be because I bend on some points and you bend on others, though... God will tell us "this is it, and that's final". Then we'll say, "Oh, ok!" Probably won't happen in this life, but who knows.

If this is the case, we are all in deep trouble.

I believe that we should be of one mind and one accord, but only in our quest to follow Jesus by loving God and others.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is the case, we are all in deep trouble.

I believe that we should be of one mind and one accord, but only in our quest to follow Jesus by loving God and others.
I agree, we are all in deep trouble!

Those that truly love God and have faith in God will all come in agreement. Did you miss the point I made that it may not come in this lifetime, but it will come? There ain't going to be debates on Heaven's message board! You are all going to agree with me!

(Even if I have to change my mind!)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Those that truly love God and have faith in God will all come in agreement. Did you miss the point I made that it may not come in this lifetime, but it will come? There ain't going to be debates on Heaven's message board! You are all going to agree with me!

Ha! I agree. I just believe we complicate Christ's message so much that we will be shocked to find out how simple it really is.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

From his way of reasoning it would mean that in order to enter the kingdom we must all agree on everything.....the sacrifice of Jesus would not be enough the way he is arguing.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Christ is enough to grant us entrance, but it is not without conditions. Those being 'repent and believe'.

If we are to be saved in the end, the condition that comes after 'repent and believe' is 'persevere'.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Christ is enough to grant us entrance, but it is not without conditions. Those being 'repent and believe'.

If we are to be saved in the end, the condition that comes after 'repent and believe' is 'persevere'.
Amen Prentis

Well said.

So.....all 'true believers' must agree on scripture?
They must believe Christ and do what He said.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From his way of reasoning it would mean that in order to enter the kingdom we must all agree on everything.....the sacrifice of Jesus would not be enough the way he is arguing.
The Lord thy God is a spirit, and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. So how many truths are there?

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Hey, you guys have a point.

Jesus said that the meek would inherit the earth.

What are the meek if not those who having not yet learned everything are teachable by their meek nature?

So I guess the question is, 'Can a homosexual be a meek one?'

Also, is God going to let unholiness into his kingdom?

If he did allow it to enter his kingdom on the basis of meekness (being teachable) would that constitute his having a sharing with unholiness; a thing his word says he cannot do?

Is homosexuality one of the serious sins that prevents one from entering the kingdom of God?

Revelation 21:27 "and there shall in no wise enter into it anything unclean, or he that maketh an abomination and a lie: but only they that are written in the Lamb's book of life."

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,"

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, you guys have a point.

Jesus said that the meek would inherit the earth.

What are the meek if not those who having not yet learned everything are teachable by their meek nature?

So I guess the question is, 'Can a homosexual be a meek one?'

Also, is God going to let unholiness into his kingdom?

If he did allow it to enter his kingdom on the basis of meekness (being teachable) would that constitute his having a sharing with unholiness; a thing his word says he cannot do?

Is homosexuality one of the serious sins that prevents one from entering the kingdom of God?

Revelation 21:27 "and there shall in no wise enter into it anything unclean, or he that maketh an abomination and a lie: but only they that are written in the Lamb's book of life."

1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,"

we are all sinners. We all killed Christ. He sacrificed Himself for us. God wants to be in relationship with us. We want to be in relationship with Him. Salvation is the culmination of these desires.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No homosexuals, period!

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
No homosexuals, period!

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Amen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And no one who ever looked at a Jaguar car or another woman's shoes either and wished they had it! And all those who looked at another man or woman and lusted. And all those who stole a paper clip from their company! And anyone who has gotten drunk once... All burn in the lake of fire! Amen!!!!!! All sinners shall go to HELL!

(Oh wait, grace covers those sins.... But not homosexuality.... If we are guilty of one sin, we are guilty of all sin, but if we are a homo, that doesn't apply.... That's the one rule of the OT that doesn't apply when it says that....)

Well, my flesh is guilty of all of them.... even though I haven't done some of them... But yea, I'm guilty.... So what are you guilty of? Yea, I know... I took the survey and some of you think..... think..... think.... you are guilty of no sin. You aren't doing any sin. You think you haven't done anything wrong in the flesh.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
And no one who ever looked at a Jaguar car or another woman's shoes either and wished they had it! And all those who looked at another man or woman and lusted. And all those who stole a paper clip from their company! And anyone who has gotten drunk once... All burn in the lake of fire! Amen!!!!!! All sinners shall go to HELL!

(Oh wait, grace covers those sins.... But not homosexuality.... If we are guilty of one sin, we are guilty of all sin, but if we are a homo, that doesn't apply.... That's the one rule of the OT that doesn't apply when it says that....)

Well, my flesh is guilty of all of them.... even though I haven't done some of them... But yea, I'm guilty.... So what are you guilty of? Yea, I know... I took the survey and some of you think..... think..... think.... you are guilty of no sin. You aren't doing any sin. You think you haven't done anything wrong in the flesh.

Grace covers sins that are past. Sins that are repented.

Grace does not cover you or anyone to keep sinning.

Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."

2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."

Romans 6:16 "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"

Romans 6:12 "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof."

Homosexuality like all sins must be repented of before it is forgiven. Repent means two turn around and walk away from continuing to do the act.

The following has not changed but in the mind of fools that twist the scriptures:

Ezekiel 18:21 ¶But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

See the grace operating in verses 21-13?

Grace has always been the rule. It is just that Christ was not preached as its basis until the law finished convicting man of sin.

That is why Jesus was right to tell the Pharisees who strove only for the letter of the law that they actually violated the law of God. God's law is love.

Matthew 23:23 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much error in your post, Vengle, that it is hard to know where to begin. Your opening statement is totally untrue and everyone of the scriptures you list is taken out of context. I won't even bother.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
there's a difference between sinning once and repenting and willfully sinning while choosing not to repent.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHll. please explain the context of those verses then. unless you can't.
What again? I've discussed most of these verses in the past. For example, Hebrews 10:26 is talking about one particular sin of the spirit which is listed in verse 25. 2 Peter 1:9 is dependant on having certain traits listed in the preceding verses. If you don't have those qualities, then you are blind and have forgotten that the sins of the flesh are clensed. And to pluck any verse out of Romans to suggest we must stop sinning and grace doesn't cover all sins, past present and future is to ignore the entirety of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.