Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I am not defending sin, I am defending grace. I have noted that two other times before. I would be more than happy to discuss John's 1st letter if you like. For now, you may be interested to read my response posted right above this one.
Living in grace and living in sin are not compatible.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't see the difference between 'living in sin' and committing a sin??? HUGE difference.

We all live a lifestyle of sin because we are human. You and I struggle with the same sins we have always struggled with. As soon as we repent from the sin in one form, it pops up again in another form. We also consistently fail to see that very sin in ourselves in the most blatant and obvious form. I've used this example before, one of the Christian professors (theologian) I got to know personally, at the small Christian college I attended, struggles with pride. He knows he struggles with pride; he repents of it when it manifests in a manner he can see, but the man is so tickled to be who he is, he oozes pride from every pore. What is so obvious to those around him, completely escapes his awareness.

We are just like him - look at the way people drive, for example (talk about a 'lifestyle' of sin); everyone drives selfishly, expecting others to understand their circumstances for doing so (I am late; blah, blah, blah), while, at the same time, flipping out at everyone else for behaving the same way. Think about it - every time you get mad at another driver for behaving badly, you are really getting mad because you believe he or she has taken something that you deserve - that is pride.

1 John 3:8 (ESV)
[sup]8 [/sup]Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning.

Yep. That is why we need Christ. What do you think 'of the Devil' means? It means we are acting just like him - thinking of ourselves before others. It doesn't mean that we are demonic or in the Devil's army or that we are predestined for Hell.

One more thing; I usually put quite a bit of time and thought into my responses to your posts. I have noticed that you like to provide one or two sentences and 10 verses. I am sure you are doing this on purpose, with the intention of relying on the Bible rather than your own ideas so I am wondering; should I limit my responses to you to a sentence and a few verses? My fear is that we would simply provide one conflicting verse after another without processing any of the information. Perhaps, this scenario is ideal?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Living in grace and living in sin are not compatible.

Absolutely! If you have grace you aren't living in sin. That is why grace covers sins and they are not imputed to us. Romans 4:7 and 8.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! If you have grace you aren't living in sin. That is why grace covers sins and they are not imputed to us. Romans 4:7 and 8.

Even sinners are allowed to live because of God's grace.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even sinners are allowed to live because of God's grace.

That's right! And everyone who is saved by grace IS a sinner in the flesh. But not all sinners are saved.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Those who practice sin are of the devil, religious or not.

1 John 3:7-10 (ESV)
[sup]7 [/sup]Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. [sup]8 [/sup]Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. [sup]9 [/sup]No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. [sup]10 [/sup]By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (ESV)
[sup]9 [/sup]Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, [sup]10 [/sup]nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

You folks didn't heed the warnings "Do not be deceived". You have been deceived.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who practice sin are of the devil, religious or not.

1 John 3:7-10 (ESV)
[sup]7 [/sup]Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. [sup]8 [/sup]Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. [sup]9 [/sup]No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. [sup]10 [/sup]By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (ESV)
[sup]9 [/sup]Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, [sup]10 [/sup]nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

You folks didn't heed the warnings "Do not be deceived". You have been deceived.

I've already addressed 1 Corinthians 6 and I agree with it. The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God. The saints will!

As for 1 John 3... I agree. I thank Jesus for destroying the works of the devil. For by his blood I am covered and sin is not imputed unto me. This is why I say I don't sin, and I can't (that is incapable) of sinning. I am a child of God. I am not under the law and whatsoever I do, I have an advocate that says no he didn't.

1Jn 3:8

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jn 2:1

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No doubt, those living in sin will defend living in sin. The warnings are perfectly clear. Those who live in sin will not inherit God's Kingdom. They are tares/goats. We can't say we weren't warned. They will be rejected and burned, forever.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt, those living in sin will defend living in sin. The warnings are perfectly clear. Those who live in sin will not inherit God's Kingdom. They are tares/goats. We can't say we weren't warned. They will be rejected and burned, forever.

For the fourth time, I'm not defending sin I'm defending grace. Now then, how am I living in sin? Tell me what I've done. I am a sinner and I live in sin. How about you? You don't sin and you are not living in sin?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
For the fourth time, I'm not defending sin I'm defending grace. Now then, how am I living in sin? Tell me what I've done. I am a sinner and I live in sin. How about you? You don't sin and you are not living in sin?
You certainly are defending living in sin. No, I do not live in sin. I am a Christian. I don't want to go to Hell. It is our choice to sin or not. We are not Satan's puppets. Jesus died to wash away our sins, not so we can continue living in sin.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You certainly are defending living in sin. No, I do not live in sin. I am a Christian. I don't want to go to Hell. It is our choice to sin or not. We are not Satan's puppets. Jesus died to wash away our sins, not so we can continue living in sin.

Which sin did I say was ok? You don't live in sin? You proud of that? Frankly I don't believe you. I can say I don't live in sin but not because what I do or don't do, but because Jesus did die to cover my sins.

So lets go back to the list... you wearing mixed cloth today?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Which sin did I say was ok?
If you aren't defending living a sinful life we wouldn't be having this conversation.
You don't live in sin?
No, I do not.
You proud of that?
No, just happy.
Frankly I don't believe you.
Frankly I don't care if you believe it or not.
I can say I don't live in sin but not because what I do or don't do, but because Jesus did die to cover my sins.
See, you are clearly defending living a sinful life.
So lets go back to the list... you wearing mixed cloth today?
I'm under the New Covenant. How about you?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII,

Getting dizzy, yet?

hehe

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you aren't defending living a sinful life we wouldn't be having this conversation.

No, I do not.

No, just happy.

Of course I'm under a New Covenant: Grace through Faith, not of works. What's your new covenant? The one that says you can wear polyester but everything else in the law you have to stop doing?

No, I do not.

No, just happy.

Let's ask the questions again because you failed to answer some of them.

Which sin did I say was ok? And are you wearing Polyester?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Of course I'm under a New Covenant: Grace through Faith, not of works. What's your new covenant? The one that says you can wear polyester but everything else in the law you have to stop doing?
'My' New Covenant is Matthew - Revelation. There are no commands therin about what materials I can wear.
Let's ask the questions again because you failed to answer some of them.

Which sin did I say was ok? And are you wearing Polyester?
You pretty much implied most of them.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

'My' New Covenant is Matthew - Revelation. There are no commands therin about what materials I can wear.

James said, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." Thus if you wear mixed cloth you are still guilty of the whole law and that includes homosexuality. Furthermore, you must repent from wearing mixed cloth because it is part of the law, and if you believe repentance means that you must stop it, you can never wear mixed cloth again.

I implied most of them? Again, you failed to answer the question. Which sin did I say was ok? For that matter, which one did I imply was ok? Please name at least one, because it is starting to look like you have beared false witness against me, which I hate to say it, is a form of lying and deceiving.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
James said, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." Thus if you wear mixed cloth you are still guilty of the whole law and that includes homosexuality. Furthermore, you must repent from wearing mixed cloth because it is part of the law, and if you believe repentance means that you must stop it, you can never wear mixed cloth again.
I just told you that I am under the New Covenant, not THE LAW of Moses that you are referring to.
I implied most of them? Again, you failed to answer the question. Which sin did I say was ok? For that matter, which one did I imply was ok? Please name at least one, because it is starting to look like you have beared false witness against me, which I hate to say it, is a form of lying and deceiving.
You clearly implied that we all live in sin. You should read your own posts. I am not a puppet of Satan. Are you?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So are you saying that we should throw out the Law?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
So are you saying that we should throw out the Law?
Throw it out? Christians are not under it. It is obsolete.

Hebrews 8:13 (ESV)
[sup]13 [/sup]In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Throw it out? Christians are not under it. It is obsolete.

Hebrews 8:13 (ESV)
[sup]13 [/sup]In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.