Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2011
But in fact, the people who are a savage pack are also created by God in His image. We can all be subject to wrong thinking, to doubting God and falling short. There is a spirit of course that prowls around like a lion looking for believers to devour. Not all those who identify as homosexuals are like this, and indeed some who are, call themselves Christians. I have already seen such denials of Biblical truth and threats to impose the acceptance of homosexuality on this forum.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
-- Please do all Christians a favor and do not witness to homosexuals face to face.
I for one don't want to have to clean up the mess.

:lol: Part of me is glad you think that. They can feel free to ask me sincere questions at any time and I would gladly convert them, right now it feels like I know better.

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
On the day of judgment, you think God is going to worry about who had sex with whom? Or is he going to ask us how much we've done for others? You think he'll bless homophobes with eternal life?

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
On the day of judgment, you think God is going to worry about who had sex with whom? Or is he going to ask us how much we've done for others? You think he'll bless homophobes with eternal life?

God is concerned about our hearts and if Jesus Christ is living there. The fruit of that is seen in how we live our lives.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, [sup]10 [/sup]nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Jul 6, 2011
On the day of judgment, you think God is going to worry about who had sex with whom?
I know He is, because His word says He will. His word that you are denying more and more with every post.
In addition to 1 Corinthians 6 above:
1.Revelation 22:15 "Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."
If God didnt love us, He wouldnt warn us and make the way fron sin and death to glory and life with Him.

So God's word says He will, the question is what is behind your thinking because it is obviously not God.

Or is he going to ask us how much we've done for others?
His word says that as well, which we all believe as well. The question is why do you believe some of His word and not the rest?

You think he'll bless homophobes with eternal life?
There is no such thing as homophobes to God. But whom you call homophobes, those who recognise same sex relations as sin, yes of course that is His promise, but He alone is the judge, its not for you or I to pass the judgement, only God's warnings about it. You cant love homosexuals by not telling them God's truth that same sex relations. The question is why do you think God likes the same sex acts that God's word call detestable?

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Firstly, allow me to say,

God loves homosexuals, but God hates homosexuality.

God loves the sinner, but hates sin.

Love the homosexual, but hate homosexuality.

Love the sinner, but hate sin.

Satan has made sure that homosexuality is becoming accepted and that the young children are being conditioned to be brought up believing its ok! So can you imagine when our young grow up, the world will FULLY accept homosexuality as "normal"

Homosexuals can be healed and made whole! through the grace of God! But only if they are willing to repent! If they realise it's wrong, yet cherish and love this homosexual behaviour, there is no grace.

A while back I read a powerful testimony from a homosexual who was born again and repented from homosexuality and is now filled with peace and Gods Holy Spirit! The spirit of homosexuality will be CAST OUT sooner or later when Jesus enters the persons life.

Those who disagree with me are the ones that love and cherish the spirit of homosexuality and refuse to repent. Looking for a loophole in homosexuality wont work! There is none! REPENT

If Jesus comes into the life of a person, the Holy Spirit will drive out the spirit of homosexuality! both can't be in the same "temple" It may take time, but the spirit of homosexuality will be driven out sooner or later.

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

He can still stumble in being gay and still be saved! we ALL SIN even after salvation! However, after a genuine born again experience He will hate homosexuality and realise its wrong and with Gods power he will each day become more powerful to resist this sin

For biblical texts regarding homosexuality, you can read the following passages: Genesis 19:1-11; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:20-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:9-11; Jude 7. For biblical texts regarding how God relates to sinners, see John 3:16.

Homosexuality is a sickness! and you can be healed! You only "think" you are a homosexual because as a child you were molested or neglected as a child! According to a huge survey done on homosexuals, these were what was the finding that I mentioned.

I saw a documentary on this, and they said they interviewed over a thousand homosexuals, and what they learned was that most of them were molested by a man when they were young! And the rest it seems were neglected by their dad when growing up, and they longed to be loved and hugged by their dad and never got it. As a result they are homosexual to get love and attention from a man which they were denied as a youngster. And the young boys who were raped, had been conditioned with mixed signals.

Somehow they try to replace a loving relationship with their dad that they never had with a relationship with a man! And this is sad as it then goes one step further as you know and becomes sexual in a homosexual relationship.

Not all homosexuals will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Only the homosexuals who have rejected Jesus as their Lord and Saviour will be thrown into the lake of fire.

The homosexuals who have genuinely been born again and placed trust in Jesus, will be given a new heart, and then they will begin to hate homosexuality and realise it's wrong. These homosexuals are saved because by faith and grace they are saved, not by works through what they do or do not do.

The difference between lost and saved homosexuals are this:

1. The lost homosexuals reject Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

2. The lost homosexuals cherish homosexuality.

3. The saved homosexuals accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour

4. The saved homosexuals detest homosexuality and realise it's wrong and sincerely repent and seek professional help counselling.

God bless.

Reactions: Redeemed86

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
So god doesn't care about how much you love the poor, how much you've done for the oppressed, and so on. He worries about - hold your breath - what you do in bed? Is this a joke?

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
So god doesn't care about how much you love the poor, how much you've done for the oppressed, and so on. He worries about - hold your breath - what you do in bed? Is this a joke?

Sex is a huge deal to God and should be to us as well.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- That is hands-down the most ridiculous post I have read on this board in some time.
You are speaking arrogantky from an obvious position of ignorance.

A couple quick points from Christianity 101:
1. If you love God you will keep his laws....all of them.
2. You can feed and provider shelter for millions but if you intentionally participate in sin and do not repent, you will NOT see the kingdom of Heaven.
3. Just because God's rules don't seem fair or perhaps seem harsh to us, that doesn't mean He is wrong, unjustified, or that we can choose not to obey them.
4. God simply cannot look upon sin. If you continue to participate in something because you think God "really doesn't feel that way" about something when He, in His own word says He does, you will find yourself among the goats, no matter what 'good deeds' you have done on earth.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD." - Isaiah 55:8

Reactions: Rach1370

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia

-- That is hands-down the most ridiculous post I have read on this board in some time.
You are speaking arrogantky from an obvious position of ignorance.

A couple quick points from Christianity 101:
1. If you love God you will keep his laws....all of them.
2. You can feed and provider shelter for millions but if you intentionally participate in sin and do not repent, you will NOT see the kingdom of Heaven.
3. Just because God's rules don't seem fair or perhaps seem harsh to us, that doesn't mean He is wrong, unjustified, or that we can choose not to obey them.
4. God simply cannot look upon sin. If you continue to participate in something because you think God "really doesn't feel that way" about something when He, in His own word says He does, you will find yourself among the goats, no matter what 'good deeds' you have done on earth.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD." - Isaiah 55:8

Amen, good post. Plus, I would ad, that sex is probably one of the biggest 'idol's there is. An awful lot of idolatry goes on in the bedroom...and out of it. Sex doesn't just include private, personal encounters. It's plastered everywhere, and in particular the 'gay' scene is more and more about shoving their lifestyle into the public eye. So do we think God would mind millions of people, both 'gay' and 'straight' using something He gave us and worshipping it rather than Him...you bettcha!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Sex should only be done between Husband + Wife, and not under any circumstances outside of that.

Those who practice habitually sex outside of a Husband + Wife Union, will never enter heaven, 1 Cor, no matter how much they try to deceive themselves and no matter how many times they believe that "grace" will save them while they willfully live in a life of sexual sin. I won't happen, that's a fantasy deception from Satan that people can continue to willfully commit sexual sin and still be saved, but that's a lie from Satan to trick people.

The reality is that if a person is truly sealed with the Holy Spirit and born again, they will detest sexual sin and cannot bring themselves to do it. They will hate is so much that they will never live that kind of lifestyle.

And the people who continue in willful sexual sin, have never been sealed with the Holy Spirit and never been born again, even if they think they have and even if they claim to be.

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

God bless.

elysian

Oct 9, 2011
Sex is not an idol. It is just a biological necessity. Like hunger ... when you're hungry, you eat. Nothing immoral about it, it is a natural urge which we have to satisfy sooner or later. Repressing it would lead to insanity.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Sex is not an idol. It is just a biological necessity. Like hunger ... when you're hungry, you eat. Nothing immoral about it, it is a natural urge which we have to satisfy sooner or later. Repressing it would lead to insanity.

Everything that God made and gave us is good...and when used as He intended, it's still good. But everything single thing can be used and turned into an idol. Those who cannot control their sexual urges and think about sex more than anything else...it's more important than anyone else, have turned it into an idol. Those who over eat and think about food all the time...they have turned food into an idol.
It's what people do...they turn a created thing into an idol...worshipping it instead of Creator.
I'm not saying that the 'biological' need for sex is bad...God made us like that! And indeed, inside a relationship that God Himself has spelled out, it's indeed a good thing to have sex. But if at any point you 'have to satisfy the urge' outside of how God intended us to use it...then yes, my word, you've turned it into an idol.
Jesus was fully man...He went successfully for 33 years without 'going insane'...and Paul also wasn't married and managed quite well, and he lived to be quite a bit older. I think perhaps you need to dig into your heart a bit...see what's going on in there.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012

I 100% completely disagree! A human can survive without sex, but not without food, so your comparison is invalid! Also, sex can indeed become an idol and some people even worship sex, it's called "Sex Worship". Believing Jews and non-Jews living in the land of Israel were prohibited from pagan sexual worship of the Canaanite fertility goddess because God viewed such pagan worship as abomination. God intended to prevent His people from practicing the shrine prostitution of the Canaanites, which He warned against in Leviticus 18:3 and 20:23.

And if a person has trouble in this area and are burning, the Bible says they should get married, but NEVER EVER have sex outside of Husband + Wife Union. I encourage everyone to stay sexually pure and only have sexual union within a male + female marriage union.

People who have sex outside of marriage commit adultery against Jesus because the Church is Christ's Bride, and if someone has sex outside of marriage they betray and commit adultery towards Jesus, and that is ground for being lost, yes, it's that serious. It is not God's will if someone commits adultery:

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.

And don't be deceived into thinking you can continue to willfully commit sexual sin and still inherit the kingdom of God, because the truth is, anyone who continues to willfully commit sexual sin and adultery will never inherit eternal life.

God bless.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- Truthseeker is spot on with this scripture.

Note the specific distinction this translation makes between male prostitutes and homosexuals.

Most people who argue in support of homosexuality state that in the NT Paul was actually only talking about the male prostitutes or those that chose to be the homosexual 'tops' or 'bottoms'.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012

-- Truthseeker is spot on with this scripture.

Note the specific distinction this translation makes between male prostitutes and homosexuals.

Most people who argue in support of homosexuality state that in the NT Paul was actually only talking about the male prostitutes or those that chose to be the homosexual 'tops' or 'bottoms'.

Amen Foreigner, I am glad you are in tuned with the Holy Spirit to be aware of this issue. It's shocking what the enemy of God is trying to do, even though the Church, by trying to condone and approve of homosexuality, even in the Church, many gay Pastors etc are now teaching from the pulpits, trying to convert everyone to become apathetic and approving of homosexuality. HOWEVER, thank God that God has enough Holy and obedient Christians in the Church that rebuke homosexuality and remain loyal and pure to God's laws and morality.

God bless.

gino1973

Apr 30, 2011
These really are such dangerous times to be living in. The War against God's Word is as never before. There are just so many scriptures which warn against all that we see and do everyday, but God himself said that his people are destroyed through a lack of knowlege. And what is the beginning of knowlege? The Fear of The Lord is the beginning of knowlege, but fools despise wisdom and understanding.
I have a 'friend' at work who is a practicing homosexual, and openly proud of it. She actually believes that The Bible refers to 'child molesters' when it mentions homosexuality, because someone had told her that. Satan and his devils have twisted scripture so much, that so many people who have never read it for themselves, think that they know what it says, because they have been decieved.
Even the Church has lost The Fear of The Lord. Satan is leading God's people away from Him. We need to follow Jesus as never before in these last days, and as someone else commented earlier, we need to follow the whole Word, not just parts of it or a dilluted version.
G. XX 24/03/12

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
These really are such dangerous times to be living in. The War against God's Word is as never before. There are just so many scriptures which warn against all that we see and do everyday, but God himself said that his people are destroyed through a lack of knowlege. And what is the beginning of knowlege? The Fear of The Lord is the beginning of knowlege, but fools despise wisdom and understanding.
I have a 'friend' at work who is a practicing homosexual, and openly proud of it. She actually believes that The Bible refers to 'child molesters' when it mentions homosexuality, because someone had told her that. Satan and his devils have twisted scripture so much, that so many people who have never read it for themselves, think that they know what it says, because they have been decieved.
Even the Church has lost The Fear of The Lord. Satan is leading God's people away from Him. We need to follow Jesus as never before in these last days, and as someone else commented earlier, we need to follow the whole Word, not just parts of it or a dilluted version.
G. XX 24/03/12
Amen !!!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
G. XX 24/03/12

AMEN gino1973, good post! I am glad to know people like you, who still hold onto God's Moral Law and who believes in a Holy Life and who have not been seduced and deceived by Satan and the evil spirit of homosexuality. Shockingly, many, even some christians, believe that homosexuality is OK and approved off by God and that they can continue living their homosexuality lifestyles and not repent and still inherit eternal life. Satan has deceived them.

It is NOT God's will that any should live a homosexual lifestyle and anyone who is not doing God's will cannot inherit eternal life:

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.

Seriously folks, if Jesus and the Disciples walked the Earth in 2012, do you really believe they would approve off the homosexuals lifestyle? Seriously?

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.