Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is homosexuality a sin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Please don't bother replying to me with another lame biblical excuse to continue, just do as you please.
Hi Rex, :)

Maybe you need to take your own advice, and leave those who feel the need to continue, to continue? :unsure:

Btw, I saw the link in the Temple thread, and I will read it tomorrow. Thanks for the invitation. B)

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Heres some scriptures to support my vote to lock it

Rev 22:10-12
Here's what Jesus said, Matthew 10:14-16
And even Paul knew when to shake the dust off and move on Acts 18:4-6

Maybe one of the mods can see the light
I see no benefit to someone coming to this forum looking for support to move away from homosexuality and finding this thread labeled Homosexuality.
This thread has served no other peruse but to argue yes and no about whether homosexuality is a sin.

If you think this is helping people DF I disagree. Maybe you simply like pointless arguments. :)

I think nearly every Christan non-homo on this forum would agree it's a sin, so the topic is pointless from a biblical perspective as well

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Rex said:

I see no benefit to someone coming to this forum looking for support to move away from homosexuality and finding this thread labeled Homosexuality.
This thread has served no other peruse but to argue yes and no about whether homosexuality is a sin.

If you think this is helping people DF I disagree. Maybe you simply like pointless arguments. :)
Also, it gives those who are in complete denial of their sin a platform to justify their sin. Once it reaches a certain point, it becomes a complete waste of time. This thread is almost two years old; lock it.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Rex said:
This thread simply needs to be locked
yes it is
no its not
yes it is
no its not
yes it is
no its not
yes it is
no its not

Because of the tread title and the poll this thread has been nothing but an "magnet" invitation for pro homosexuals to argue its NOT A SIN.

Why not just deal with the root cause "fruit" of this thread and the difference of opinion and simply reduce it to.

yes it is a sin
no its not
yes it is
no its not
yes it is
no its not
yes it is
no its not

Because that's what 57 pages amounts to.
bash.gif
7143.gif
...yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not
Yep, the coward's way out. OUR beliefs are being examined and questioned which we cannot allow. So, let us lock the thread!

HeRoseFromTheDead said:
There are church people just as deceived as you are, so no wonder they accept your lifestyle.
How dare you imply that my lifestyle is anything other than moral! Who do you think you are?

HeRoseFromTheDead said:

I am curious about something. GOD has obviously declared homosexuality to be sin, like adultery and fornication. What makes you think GOD now has exempted homosexuality from judgment, but not these others?

God will be the judge of what He considers exempt from judgment ...not you, not me. One thing I DO know, however - and THIS is from the Bible - is that those who accept Jesus will be exempt from judgment since their sins will have been covered by Jesus' righteousness.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
You have had your say what more is their to discuss?

Its the biblical way out something you have no use for and you have made that point now how many times?

Rex said:

I think nearly every Christan non-homo on this forum would agree it's a sin, so the topic is pointless from a biblical perspective as well

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Rach said:
Yeah see....here's the problem you've been having. You leave out God. Completely. And the above abbreviation of your beliefs has just highlighted that. You are simple putting it down to a "it's true or not true for the people involved"...."if it feels good, do it"....kind of mentality, while all the time forgetting that it's not up to us....to decide if it's a sin, or if it's okay. The point people here are trying to make is that it's NOT UP TO US...people have nothing to do with it, at all. We're not the ones saying it's a sin....God is. Go ahead and tell God he got it wrong....but I don't even want to be a fly on the wall for that one.
Its only a problem from your perspective. It would be a problem if I were harming people or trying to impose my beliefs on others, but I'm not. Simply disagreeing is not a problem, its just a disagreement. People disagree a lot about as what GOD wants, and each side believes they are right. You believe you're right, and I agree that you're entitled to your religious beliefs, just not entitled to impose it on others.

The quotes you included are not anything I have said, so it not valid to suggest I had made those statements. If a person beliefs something is a sin, then I agree its a sin for them. Some people think drinking alcohol is a sin, I will not argue their belief, but I will not adopt it as a sin for myself even though I personally do not drink except on rare occasions.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
dragonfly said:
This statement is the final proof that you have no idea how to define 'sin'.

It's just as well that God doesn't define sin this way, or it would have been impossible for him to find a Saviour for mankind, for if God doesn't know what sin is, because it depends on what people believe it is, however could He have a hope of fixing it?
Never forget, dragonfly, that YOU are a sinner according to the scriptures. Why do you prefer to ignore that and would rather point the finger at others you personally don't like and call, "Sinner"? I just don't understand this kind of mindset ...okay?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Rex said:

HeRoseFromTheDead said:
Also, it gives those who are in complete denial of their sin a platform to justify their sin. Once it reaches a certain point, it becomes a complete waste of time. This thread is almost two years old; lock it.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
those who accept Jesus will be exempt from judgment since their sins will have been covered by Jesus' righteousness.
What about this part of the teachings of Jesus Christ .... the bit about not sinning at all?

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
KCKID said:
Never forget, dragonfly, that YOU are a sinner according to the scriptures. Why do you prefer to ignore that and would rather point the finger at others you personally don't like and call, "Sinner"? I just don't understand this kind of mindset ...okay?
Of course, you don't understand. You don't have the mind of Christ because you've never repented of your sin.

KCKID said:
God will be the judge of what He considers exempt from judgment ...not you, not me. One thing I DO know, however - and THIS is from the Bible - is that those who accept Jesus will be exempt from judgment since their sins will have been covered by Jesus' righteousness.
If - and ONLY IF - they repent of their sins.

Reactions: dragonfly

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID now has 100 post all but 4 are in this thread
Does anyone really believe he has anything else to talk about?

Jack safari has 50 with 1 in another post do you really
believe he has anything else to talk about.

HeRoseFromTheDead said:
Rex said:

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
JackSafari said:
Its only a problem from your perspective. It would be a problem if I were harming people or trying to impose my beliefs on others, but I'm not. Simply disagreeing is not a problem, its just a disagreement. People disagree a lot about as what GOD wants, and each side believes they are right. You believe you're right, and I agree that you're entitled to your religious beliefs, just not entitled to impose it on others.
You're the one trying to impose on us your belief that homosexuality is not a sin. We are not on a homo board trying to impose our belief that it is on you; you are on a Christian board trying to impose your beliefs on us. Go your way, live your life as you see fit. We are not keeping you from that.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Rex said:

They are both desperate to justify their sin, and need a platform to do so.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
HeRoseFromTheDead said:
You're the one trying to impose on us your belief that homosexuality is not a sin. We are not on a homo board trying to impose our belief that it is on you; you are on a Christian board trying to impose your beliefs on us. Go your way, live your life as you see fit. We are not keeping you from that.
For those that don't know, you must be signed in, then click on show results "the vote box at top" then click on view located behind yes or no and it will display the names of those that voted No KC and Jack have both voted no its not a sin

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
HeRoseFromTheDead said:
Who has yet been in denial of 'their sin'? I've said from the outset that I'm a sinner by virtue of the fact that I'm human and can't help it. I've also said that we're ALL in the same boat. That *gasp* includes you.

You know what? ...I'm using great restraint here by not hurling abuse at you for stating that I - someone you don't know from a bar of soap - am living an immoral life style! I normally don't bother about stupid remarks said about me on forums and usually just let them slide, I can handle that. But, referring to me as being immoral has really got my hackles up! I don't even want an apology since it would undoubtedly be insincere even if you were to apologize. I would rather you question whether or not you should be referring to yourself as a Christian. "I" certainly am wondering whether or not you are!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
KCKID said:
Who has yet been in denial of 'their sin'? I've said from the outset that I'm a sinner by virtue of the fact that I'm human and can't help it. I've also said that we're ALL in the same boat. That *gasp* includes you.

You know what? ...I'm using great restraint here by not hurling abuse at you for stating that I - someone you don't know from a bar of soap - am living an immoral life style! I normally don't bother about stupid remarks said about me on forums and usually just let them slide, I can handle that. But, referring to me as being immoral has really got my hackles up! I don't even want an apology since it would undoubtedly be insincere even if you were to apologize. I would rather you question whether or not you should be referring to yourself as a Christian. "I" certainly am wondering whether or not you are!
Yet you justify living in sin. I don't. Don't flatter yourself to think that I would apologize to you for telling you to repent.

Rex said:
And apparent there are plenty of people willing to give it to the as well.
I've been this route before. It continues until the thread is locked. Maybe the admins will have mercy...

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Rex said:

So what? I've stated from the outset that I have an interest in this topic. That you have gone to the trouble to check the number of posts that I - and Jack Safari - have on this particular thread is kinda creepy. What's your point? I - and probably Jack, I can't speak for him - have been responding to the posts of others, including a heap from you. What's your score on this thread, Rex?

Status
Not open for further replies.