Hope, Faith, and Love.. and the Great isn't faith.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw him say it in the Greatest Story Ever Told.

Now please don't say Paul said it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke said to listen to the words of Jesus. I don't want just faith, but I want to know Love, too. Anyone can stand in front of Church.
Who is standing in front of Church? You are the one preaching or teaching here. I am simply asking for you to show me in the Bible. This same Luke, who, according to you, said to listen to the words of Jesus wrote not only about Jesus, but also wrote about Paul. Why should we believe Luke about Jesus but ignore what he said about Paul?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not following Luke.. I'm following Jesus. I followed Jesus to Mary. And Mary back to Jesus.. hence the meaning of why Love is greater than having faith.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw him say it in the Greatest Story Ever Told.

Now please don't say Paul said it.
But Paul did say it a long time before any man thought of producing that movie. Be careful with movies. Like books men have their hand in the pot in deciding what to include or not to include. The only way anyone knows for sure what is the truth and what has been added or subtracted is by hearing directly from God the correct Interpretation. Has any man writing ever twisted or changed what Jesus really said? How else can we know the Truth except by God? Who else can we always trust?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not following Luke.. I'm following Jesus. I followed Jesus to Mary. And Mary back to Jesus.. hence the meaning of why Love is greater than having faith.
You are not following Luke? Then how is that you learned the words of Jesus as written in the gospels? Do you reject Luke's writings which quote Jesus? Why do you not also reject the writings of Matthew, Mark and John, the other three writers of the gospels? What is the difference? In that movie, "The Greatest Story Ever Told", do you not realize that the writers of the script of the movie [the screenplay] would have used the Bible writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John to know what to include?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to know what Jesus said.. I do not want to know that Paul is saying all this and Jesus didn't. I heard him say it in the movie.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to
do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ...

I don't care about losing all my possessions for love. I don't care if I die protecting my loved one. That's the lesson of this scripture. . would you give up all you own for the Love God can give?

That's why love gets you to heaven faster than just Faith.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I just want to know what Jesus said.. I do not want to know that Paul is saying all this and Jesus didn't. I heard him say it in the movie.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to
do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ...
Great verse there.

(Paul and the Lord Jesus do not contradict, though.)

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It contradicts when you imply its what Paul said ..

I need to know if Jesus said it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said many good things when he walked planet earth about 2000 years ago, why should we believe that a movies you saw cites them correctly? What you heard the actor in the movie playing the part of Jesus say should have come from the Bible. But did it really? Be careful about putting a movie about Jesus, above what is written in the Bible. Men put that movie together as they have done with many other movies about Jesus. I have watched several of them over the years and I own tapes or DVDs of many of them including "The Greatest Story Ever Told". Men did change things in those movies for their own reasons so that they sometimes do not agree with what is written in the Bible. Why should we believe what is in a movie instead of what is written in Scripture? Why should we believe what you say instead of what Paul wrote in the scriptures?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15
7If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you will: and it shall be done unto you.

This is what I want... (my beloved back)

I'm that girls heart in the video. Those words sooth my fears. But what do you guys know about Love?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said many good things when he walked planet earth about 2000 years ago, why should we believe that a movies you saw cites them correctly?

Its too simple to be wrong. I know you guys will use doubt to destroy those words.

When I heard it I knew only God could have said that.

I have all 3 in my heart...

I hope to get my beloved back
I believe I will get her back with God
I love her too much to not get her back!

What do you think it means.

#3 makes me do anything for God. Even come here.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15
7If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask whatever you will: and it shall be done unto you.

This is what I want... (my beloved back)

I'm that girls heart in the video. Those words sooth my fears. But what do you guys know about Love?
Go slow here my friend. You are not the only one here on this forum to experience human love. Neither are you the only one here on this forum to experience disappointment in love. I've been married to the same girl for 48 years, so I do know a couple of things.

I wouldn't press you too hard on that issue, but you have apparently decided that God is going to give you your heart's desire because it must be His will. You better be finding out from God exactly what His will is for you before you lay that on Him. You have decided already it seems what His will is for you instead of asking of Him. What did Jesus do when things not going very well for his flesh? He talked to His Father this way:

"going a little further, he fell upon his face, praying, and saying: My Father, if it be possible, let this chalice pass from me. Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39 [Douay Rheims Bible]

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My faith is all in Jesus.. not in Paul. What ever Paul had to say .. I don't need it.

Paul was just a man.. Jesus is God. And Mary is up there with him as a Light. Luke came to visit me not Paul. Why Luke?? He wrote the chapter on the BVM.
Let's go through this step by step.
*You say your faith is in Jesus, not Paul.(well enough)
* Jesus hand picks Peter and made him an Apostle.
* Peter highly recommends Paul...
and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
(2Pe 3:15-16)

Your own words have condemn you. Sir, you need to repent.

Reactions: mailmandan and DNB

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it won't be this world... God showed he can bring our love together (and let no man separate it) and he also showed me the Devil will break this love apart to make me hate God. But Jesus said Love conquer all.

That's why its greater than Faith and Hope.

God knows he the only one who gives the Love. And that's the lesson for this world. You really have nothing without love. And that's what he wants people to know.

People like Melania only there for dollars. Take his money away and she will be with some other rich guy? That's why rich never find the heaven I have found.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its too simple to be wrong. I know you guys will use doubt to destroy those words.

When I heard it I knew only God could have said that.

I have all 3 in my heart...

I hope to get my beloved back
I believe I will get her back with God
I love her too much to not get her back!

What do you think it means.

#3 makes me do anything for God. Even come here.
I have not said the words are wrong. Yes, first Love and then faith and hope, but you missed my point. No one here is rejecting Jesus and his words.

You, however, are rejecting Paul for you fail to understand that Paul was a follower of Jesus when he wrote the epistles [letters] included in the Bible. Before Paul met Jesus he was by his own admission the chiefest of sinners... as we all were before we met Jesus. [This includes you!] It was after Paul had met Jesus and after he had been following Jesus for many years that God called upon Paul to write those epistles and gave Paul the word to write in them. God forgave Paul for his sins [as He has forgiven each of us who have sincerely repented] and anointed him (Paul) as a special vessel. Here Luke, the same Luke who wrote one of the gospels, wrote about the Lord speaking to another man of God, Ananias, telling him that Paul, yes Paul, was special to God.

"And the Lord said to him: Go thy way; for this man is to me a vessel of election, to carry my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel." Acts 9:5 [Douay Rheims Bible]

If you reject Paul because he was a sinner then will not God reject you for your lack of forgiveness?

"For if you will forgive men their offences, your heavenly Father will forgive you also your offences.
But if you will not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive you your offences." Matt 6:14-15 [Douay Rheims Bible]

Last edited:
Reactions: prism

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not here to say Paul said it first.

I'm here to understand what those simple words mean. I know love. Which means I know God too. I want to know why Faith is a servant of Love.

Faith is Love's inferior.

Jesus said to Magdalen her Love/Faith saved her. When man or woman gets here they know they have nothing. It was not possible for Magadalen to know love..and she knew what nothing was. But she had love! I love Jesus reaction when he first sees her. Her love got her sins forgiven!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't even think I read anything from Paul that stuck in my mind.

Except his hope aint hope at all thing.

You can't be a true disciple of Christ unless you are a disciple of Paul.
You can be a devout follower of Christ, but not a true Disciple, in this day... as to be a disciple you have to know the rules, and Paul gave us all those.
Everything you want to know about how to live a Christian life, and everything that is related to dealing with life as a Christian, is found in Paul's epistles.

There is a reason that Jesus called this man apart from the other Apostles, after this man had been committed to finding and destroying Christians.
Paul said "i am CHIEF of sinners", and he explains this by acknowledging that before he was Christ's he was helping to murder other Christians...So, the idea of "chief of sinners", is...compared to others, Paul was helping Christians be murdered...= that is a CHIEF of sinners who is that guy...and Paul was that guy.

Did you notice that the remaining apostles who had walked with Jesus, were not given the revelations that Paul received. ?
Paul gave it to them.
Peter had Paul's letters, and wrote about Paul's letters,...That HE RECOGNIZED were = to the TORAH....that even at that time, in the Apostle's day, Paul was unique among Apostles.

We are now in the "time of the Gentiles', and Paul is THE GENTILE APOSTLE>......not the others.
You have all the other Apostles, who walked with Jesus for 3.5 yrs, and yet, Paul who was not there, is chosen by God to write 73% of the NT, and its Paul who wrote 99.9% of the Church doctrine, having been given it directly from Christ.

So, if you have issues with Paul, you are not in the real game, you are not even on the Theological field.
You are "out there" somewhere, lost in the theological woods of heresy.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see me use Pauls words to create a church from it?

I'm following what Jesus is saying about Love being the path to heaven.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not here to say Paul said it first.

I'm here to understand what those simple words mean. I know love. Which means I know God too. I want to know why Faith is a servant of Love.

Faith is Love's inferior.

Jesus said to Magdalen her Love/Faith saved her. When man or woman gets here they know they have nothing. It was not possible for Magadalen to know love..and she knew what nothing was. But she had love! I love Jesus reaction when he first sees her. Her love got her sins forgiven!

But if you fail to forgive Paul for whatever he may have done before he met Jesus, will God forgive you? Jesus says no. Read my post #35. If you cannot forgive Paul, where is your love?

Reactions: prism

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no need to forgive Paul.. I only question why everyone and their moma is using Pauls words to create another new chrurch. Or quote Paul like hes better than Jesus. Or to says Paul said it before Jesus?

The topic here is about Jesus not about Paul.

Everyone posted him as if Paul was the original person to say it.

Making Paul the central figure of the bible buries these words from Jesus.

I only want to understand why Love is greater than Faith.

I suppose there is people who believe just in case Jesus was God. And Love.. is what decides.

People stand in front of Church to be seen doing it. Go home and say I went. That's why faith is a backseat to Love.

Last edited: