Hope, Faith, and Love.. and the Great isn't faith.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is lower than Love. Hope lower than Faith. Love greater than hope and faith.

You can see it in this woman's song.

So just believing has less weight to Jesus.

Unbelievers have none of the 3 above.

I understand this woman's heart when she sings. I just look into her eyes and see a terrible pain! As well as a greatness of love! I know what this is. Its God's kingdom. A place where only Love matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is lower than Love. Hope lower than Faith. Love greater than hope and faith.

You can see it in this woman's song.

So just believing has less weight to Jesus.

Unbelievers have none of the 3 above.

I understand this woman's heart when she sings. I just look into her eyes and see a terrible pain! As well as a greatness of love! I know what this is. Its God's kingdom. A place where only Love matters.
I thought you advised people to not look for truth in what Paul wrote?

Reactions: Triumph1300

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even think I read anything from Paul that stuck in my mind.

Except his hope aint hope at all thing.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My faith is all in Jesus.. not in Paul. What ever Paul had to say .. I don't need it.

Paul was just a man.. Jesus is God. And Mary is up there with him as a Light. Luke came to visit me not Paul. Why Luke?? He wrote the chapter on the BVM.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul didn't say that.

at 2 hours

Do you only watch movies to hear from God? God may indeed speak to us that way, but He really did also give the written scriptures. Should we not make use of everything that God has given us? Here is the Douay-Rheims version of the same verse from Paul's letter written to the church in Corinth, Greece:

"And now there remain faith, hope, and charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

The main difference between that one and the one I posted is the use of the word, charity instead of love. To know what this charity or love is, you should read the same chapter verses 4 through 7. I would also suggest talking to God as well as reading the scriptures. God will help you through the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost to understand God's message to you. Here is what Jesus says about it, again in the Douay-Rheims version which you seem to prefer:

"But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you" John 14:26

Or here it is in another version:

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you" John 14:26

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My faith is all in Jesus.. not in Paul. What ever Paul had to say .. I don't need it.

Here is what Jesus said...

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Brian, as it turns out, even though Paul had persecuted God's church before he was intercepted by God on the road to Damascus and was then used by God to spread the gospel and write most of the New Testament. His writings are from God, Holy Ghost inspired epistles to the church which was spread abroad. Therefore you, me, and everyone would do well to "need" his writings.

God Bless!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've was never interested in what Paul had to say.. only in what Jesus had to say because his words are the literal word of God.

Paul has no power to grant me salvation.

Then I have read that Paul may have killed Christians and I can't trust a man who had done that. And you can see today his words are all these denominations of different faiths.

You can see Paul just repeated what Jesus had said.

I built my rock under Jesus.

If Paul was slaying Christians then I don't want to read what he is saying. Everyone here's puts his words above Jesus.

I can't say for sure Paul was a follower of Christ. And I leave it to God to tell me. He has not. I can easily say that Paul hijacked his Church? Just look around and see 10,000 diff denomination because of him.

Nobody here knew Jesus said these words first. .

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what Jesus said...

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

I listen to every word of Jesus (God).

Its this liveth he spoke about at the dead Lazarus house.. The (Liveth and believeth) part that leads to you shall never die promise.

Thanks for posting Luke.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I've was never interested in what Paul had to say.. only in what Jesus had to say because his words are the literal word of God.

Paul has no power to grant me salvation.

Then I have read that Paul may have killed Christians and I can't trust a man who had done that. And you can see today his words are all these denominations of different faiths.

You can see Paul just repeated what Jesus had said.

I built my rock under Jesus.

If Paul was slaying Christians then I don't want to read what he is saying. Everyone here's puts his words above Jesus.

I can't say for sure Paul was a follower of Christ. And I leave it to God to tell me. He has not. I can easily say that Paul hijacked his Church? Just look around and see 10,000 diff denomination because of him.

Nobody here knew Jesus said these words first. .

You presume much, the sciptures are the inspired word of God. The sciptures are authored by the Holy Spirit through the prophets. They are just as true and reliable as words directly from Jesus' mouth.

Concerning Paul read. 2Peter 3:14-16. It proves Paul is an apostle trusted to write scripture, or you must also reject Peter as false, and the other 11 deciples working with him.

Rocks are an interesting subject in the bible, you may want to learn something of them.

Reactions: mailmandan

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't bother posting words of Paul to me.. they are not needed.

Jesus said Love is higher than Faith and Hope. The Greatest! So why would I need Paul to know that?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:6

[6] Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me. [7]

No Paul needed here.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody can find God unless he made them fall in love, and God showed me it when I was 29.

My woman wasn't Catholic. My love stuck and hers wasn't strong enuf. . So my love must save her. Why would God only want to save Catholics!

I didn't care she wasn't Catholic

If you love only those who love you what reward do you get? NOW I understand! I love her and she is my reward! :) I want the reward!

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't bother posting words of Paul to me.. they are not needed.
Why is it then that we should need your words? Could we not similarly say about your words, 'They are not needed'?

esus said Love is higher than Faith and Hope. The Greatest! So why would I need Paul to know that?
When did Jesus say that? Are you able to quote his words citing the chapter and verse?

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who words did I post about? Its the understanding of his words that I seek. Why is Love greater than having faith? I showed u.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I listen to every word of Jesus (God).

Its this liveth he spoke about at the dead Lazarus house.. The (Liveth and believeth) part that leads to you shall never die promise.

Thanks for posting Luke.
Why is it that you thank him for posting Luke, but reject Paul when it was also Luke who gives us the testimony of the Paul's conversion to a follower of Jesus?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke said to listen to the words of Jesus. I don't want just faith, but I want to know Love, too. Anyone can stand in front of Church.

Read 1 John 4:7.

Then read Mark 10: 6:9

Its what God intended!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who words did I post about? Its the understanding of his words that I seek. Why is Love greater than having faith? I showed u.
No you did not show me anything. You said that Jesus said it first before we heard it from Paul. While I agree that Love is greater than faith and hope, I was asking you to show me in the Bible where Jesus said that.
Why should we pay attention to you but ignore Luke?

Reactions: mailmandan and DNB