Hope for Married Couples Tempted to Despair

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're working on our 51st year of marriage and congratulations on 56. Marriages are made in heaven I'm convinced. I'm glad God saved yours DG. It's a cold lonely world out there and two are far better than one Ecclesiastes tells us. Until Jesus comes into a home it's not good. My wife and I grew up in heathen non Christian homes. Thank God our children didn't. They were raised in Jesus and it took.

The children were withheld by God until their father became a spirit baptized believer. My wife, a nominal Christian for years prayed that God would not send children until our home was right. He came and saved me when I was 33. He did that on purpose.

Doctors found that my wife's body killed my sperm on contact. She was allergic to me! Doctors couldn't do anything. This is the short version. Jesus came and told us He was sending us a son. He told me the day my wife was pregnant. I was praying in the spirit, tongues, and He gave me the interpretation that He'd fulfilled what He promised. Our son was born 9 months later.

Without Jesus and His Holy Spirit in a marriage things are very apt to go bad. If any read here that want a successful marriage then hand it over to God. He knows how to fix broken things.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not know anything about marriage and how God restores broken marriages, but I was united with a girl when I was 17 and fathered a child. I proposed to her and we became engaged, then shortly after the relationship fell to pieces.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We're working on our 51st year of marriage and congratulations on 56. Marriages are made in heaven I'm convinced. I'm glad God saved yours DG. It's a cold lonely world out there and two are far better than one Ecclesiastes tells us. Until Jesus comes into a home it's not good. My wife and I grew up in heathen non Christian homes. Thank God our children didn't. They were raised in Jesus and it took.

The children were withheld by God until their father became a spirit baptized believer. My wife, a nominal Christian for years prayed that God would not send children until our home was right. He came and saved me when I was 33. He did that on purpose.

Doctors found that my wife's body killed my sperm on contact. She was allergic to me! Doctors couldn't do anything. This is the short version. Jesus came and told us He was sending us a son. He told me the day my wife was pregnant. I was praying in the spirit, tongues, and He gave me the interpretation that He'd fulfilled what He promised. Our son was born 9 months later.

Without Jesus and His Holy Spirit in a marriage things are very apt to go bad. If any read here that want a successful marriage then hand it over to God. He knows how to fix broken things.

Great testimony Frank. Praise God...did you change your wife's name to Sarah? :)
Yesterday, today, and forever....bless the Lord!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny you should say that. While we were waiting on God's promise He sent R. W. Schambach to Little Rock to speak at Robinson auditorium. We sat on the front row center and Bob looked right at us and preached on Abraham and Sarah. On waiting for the promise. We knew it was the Lord!

On October 29, 1979 Jesus told me He'd done it. I have what He told me written down. And will post sometime.

God bless you all in Jesus name who have trusted Him. Amen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Funny you should say that. While we were waiting on God's promise He sent R. W. Schambach to Little Rock to speak at Robinson auditorium. We sat on the front row center and Bob looked right at us and preached on Abraham and Sarah. On waiting for the promise. We knew it was the Lord!

On October 29, 1979 Jesus told me He'd done it. I have what He told me written down. And will post sometime.

God bless you all in Jesus name who have trusted Him. Amen
Look forward to reading that....thank you !

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not know anything about marriage and how God restores broken marriages, but I was united with a girl when I was 17 and fathered a child. I proposed to her and we became engaged, then shortly after the relationship fell to pieces.
That is a pity ( about the relationship, not your child ). God never ceases to amaze me, in how much He actually can and will do, for anyone who asks, seeks and believes Him.
Did you not ever marry after that? Sorry if that's too personal, and of course , you don't have to answer that , if you find it too personal....

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is a pity ( about the relationship, not your child ). God never ceases to amaze me, in how much He actually can and will do, for anyone who asks, seeks and believes Him.
Did you not ever marry after that? Sorry if that's too personal, and of course , you don't have to answer that , if you find it too personal....
No, she found someone else and married him. I remained single up to today.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That sounds so sad....I certainly know that it can be difficult to be alone, although some prefer it that way. I hope that you are content......How are you finding the forum so far?

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm convinced that God has the perfect mate for everyone. Before I was saved my wife told me God put us together. After salvation I knew she was telling the truth. When you meet your intended from God it's as if you've known them all your life. There is a witness inside. I pray everyone that desires marriage and family be blessed with God's perfect match. Amen

Nov 13, 2022
Honolulu
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to share a testimony of how God worked in my life, and in my marriage. My wife and I spent a number of years in a situation that could too often have been described as more painful than joyful, yet we both remained faithful to one another.... Can Married Couples Be Restored?
Hi DanielGarneau...Thank you for sharing your testimony and helping others too! :Thumbsup:

We're going on our 25th Anniversary March 2023...ALL Glory, Praise, and Honor Unto The Lord God Almighty, that's ALL HIM, not us! :phew: :Happy:

What helps us to remain focused on the Lord is...
1) Always look to our First Love, GOD Centered, GOD First!
2) Spouse
3) Ministry = Life With God

Simple, right....:no reply:

Reactions: Helen