Hosea 4:6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
"Ignorance is bliss"

I'm sure you have heard this quote, and if you haven't, you will.

Ignorance is definitely not bliss in the long-run when you need to know something vital in a do or die situation, and you are like (Hands in the air, I have no idea!)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Side note: YAHWEH never suggested to Adam and Eve they shouldn't have any knowledge. YAHWEH just said do not have the knowledge from the tree of good and evil.

• Wow
Reactions: Gottservant

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Genesis 2:16 (KJV)

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

So it does say you can have knowledge from other sources.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cognition is greater than knowledge, but also more taxing.

The whole point of the forbidden fruit, is that it is a loss of cognition but not necessarily the right knowledge - which we have in Jesus (at a later point in History).

Bear in mind, also that what Adam wanted before he took the forbidden fruit, was a mystery - and that in part he did get (though he might not have not wanted the toil that came with it!).

EDIT: sorry, I should have tied the post into the quote of Hosea - you are right: if the forbidden fruit was not forbidden, God would approve of ignorance (but He doesn't)

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“You have destroyed my people by failing to acknowledge me! Because you refuse to acknowledge me, I will reject you as my priests. Because you reject the law of your God, I will reject your descendants.”

(Hosea 8:6, NET)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of knowledge; but the foolish despise wisdom and instruction.”

(Proverbs 1:7, WEB)