How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was responding to an anti-Catholic video about a message that the Pope gave on peaceful communications between the world religions - and I encapsulated his meaage with a Scripture verse (1 Pat. 3:16).
Would you say the acceptance of all religions and cults is normative?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that why you follow an American style Jesus rather than the living Jesus?
projecting again as you made up a jesus of your own, a gospel of your own and a spiritual reality of your own, none of which have anything resembling truth from the Bible.

I on the other hand know the Biblical Jesus who forever remains fully God/fully man ( which you deny) the gospel and the Resurrection( which you deny) and believe the scriptures which are sufficient for everything pertaining to the Christian life( which you deny).

hope this helps !!!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you spiritually blind or plain stupid? How can He be the same God when only Christians believe that Jesus is God, with the Father and the Holy Spirit?
You have no idea about this. Jesus said this of the Jews...

“You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.”

The first part (underlined) is definitely a nod towards your own misguided religious ideology.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have gospel truth-not born from above, by your own admission-no need for the necessity of the rebirth-you are advocating Gnosticism-you don't have a sound foundation to build upon, but your own philosophical ideas and ideologies foreign to Scriptures.
By your own admission
But I don’t think that is what he said. But assumed. Ran away with. Just because he said it wasn’t necessary for him focus on and on about his own being saved (or something like that). That doesn’t mean (Imo) his saying you don’t have to be born anew. Especially since he keeps urging in the Spirit and not the flesh. Someone earlier said fruit of the Spirit won’t save anyone. What is to be clothed in the New man? If not clothed in the fruit of the Spirit of God by Christ. He said to not worry what you will put on…to first seek Him and then He clothes you. To me that says by worrying constantly about what you will put on in seeking your own first; you don’t seek Him first for Him to clothe you.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
:IDK:

“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.” (John 20:31)
Bereshis (in the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem [YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]

εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος

It is observable, “that John’s discourse rises by degrees. He tells us first, that the Word, in the beginning of the world, existed. Next, that he existed with God: and last of all, that he was God, and made all things.”

“I know,” says Dr. Doddridge, “how eagerly many have contended, that the word God is used here in an inferior sense; the necessary consequence of which is, as indeed some have expressly avowed, that this clause should be rendered, The Word was a god; that is, a kind of inferior deity, as governors are called gods. See Joh_10:34; 1Co_8:5.

But it is impossible he should here be so called, merely as a governor, because he is spoken of as existing before the production of any creatures whom he could govern: and it is to me most incredible, that when the Jews were so exceedingly averse to idolatry, and the Gentiles so unhappily prone to it, such a plain writer as this apostle should lay so dangerous a stumbling- block on the very threshold of his work, and represent it as the Christian doctrine, that, in the beginning of all things, there were
two Gods, one supreme and the other subordinate: a difficulty which, if possible, would be yet further increased by recollecting what so many ancient writers assert, that this gospel was written with a particular view of opposing the Cerinthians and Ebionites; on which account a greater accuracy of expression must have been necessary.” As to the article ο being wanting before θεος, God, which some have urged as a proof that the word is here to be used in a subordinate sense, it must be observed, that there are so many instances in the writings of this apostle, and even in this chapter, (see Joh_1:6; Joh_1:12-13; Joh_1:18,) where the same word, without the article, is used to signify God, in the highest sense of the word, that it is surprising any stress should be laid on that circumstance.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By your own admission
But I don’t think that is what he said. But assumed. Ran away with. Just because he said it was necessary for him focus on and on about his own being saved (or something like that). That doesn’t mean (Imo) his saying you don’t have to be born anew. Especially since he keeps touring in the Spirit and not the flesh. Someone earlier said fruit of the Spirit won’t save anyone. What is to be clothed in the New man? If not clothed in the fruit of the Spirit of God by Christ. He said to not worry what you will put on…to first seek Him and then He clothes you.
If I answered all the lies and slanders I wouldn't be able to do anything else! :)

I have come to expect the lowest of low standards from the crows here. No truth...no love, no life. Just ranting and raving and self-aggrandizement.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I answered all the lies and slanders I wouldn't be able to do anything else! :)

I have come to expect the lowest of low standards from the crows here. No truth...no love, no life. Just ranting and raving and self-aggrandizement.
the deeds of the flesh void of the fruit of the spirit- ye will know them by their fruits. as a man speaketh so is he in his heart.

Reactions: Johann

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, next time you go on ignore-this is what is happening when truth is revealed, the demons are manifesting.
Please put me on ignore! Then I won't have anything more to do with your bizarre doctrine. You are not revealing truth, you are revealing your intolerance. Jesus said to love your neighbor. Period.

Who did He use as an example of loving your neighbor? A Samaritan! The very people that were despised by the Jews because their doctrine blinded them. That is a clear lesson for you and "amigo" and others.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All this obsession with being born-again and being saved. Such is the case because both of these are lacking in many here.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You didn’t have to answer for me. of whether you encourage the inner man instead of the outer man.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That doesn’t mean (Imo) his saying you don’t have to be born anew.
Ask him-see for yourself how he will answer you on the necessity of the rebirth, born from above, of which he is in denial

Especially since he keeps touring in the Spirit and not the flesh.

How can he keep on "touring" and to where is he "touring" without being born from above?

Maybe you have not read all his answers on this topic, the necessity of being born from above, don't take my word for it, ask him or @Lizbet.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you spiritually blind or plain stupid? How can He be the same God when only Christians believe that Jesus is God, with the Father and the Holy Spirit?
I am neither spiritually blind nor plain stupid. Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God. Does your bigotry blind you to reality?

• Wow
Reactions: Keturah

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Please put me on ignore! Then I won't have anything more to do with your bizarre doctrine. You are not revealing truth, you are revealing your intolerance. Jesus said to love your neighbor. Period.

Who did He use as an example of loving your neighbor? A Samaritan! The very people that were despised by the Jews because their doctrine blinded them. That is a clear lesson for you and "amigo" and others.
--so why don't you turn the other cheek?
Not good enough for you?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ask him-see for yourself how he will answer you on the necessity of the rebirth, born from above, of which he is in denial

Especially since he keeps touring in the Spirit and not the flesh.

How can he keep on "touring" and to where is he "touring" without being born from above?

Maybe you have not read all his answers on this topic, the necessity of being born from above, don't take my word for it, ask him or @Lizbet.
LOL. Blatant lies. Why don't you quote me? You understand nothing of what I say because you don't have any spiritual understanding. If I use the same ideas as the bible..without the quotations...you say that's not biblical...such is your indoctrination.

I am speaking so far above your head you would have to lay down to get a glimpse of it.

Being brainwashed into a "born-again and saved" scheme...without any experience of God whatsoever....just cherry-picking verses that make you feel good... is a counterfeit to the real thing.

Of course there would be no counterfeit if there was not a genuine born-again experience. But even the smallest experience of new birth gives a person an eternal perspective, however brief that might be. To see the deeper walk as "demonic" shows from whence your beliefs come from. There is no truth or reality in any of it.

You are taught that being born again is a "necessity" therefore you name it and claim it as if your life depended on it. But it is a fictional and contrived assumption.

One indeed needs to be born again to have spiritual faculties (like seeing) and to enter into the higher kingdom walk in the Spirit. The fact that you and others here HATE the idea of a higher walk shows that you have never been anywhere near the Spirit and truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.