How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask him-see for yourself how he will answer you on the necessity of the rebirth, born from above, of which he is in denial

Especially since he keeps touring in the Spirit and not the flesh.

How can he keep on "touring" and to where is he "touring" without being born from above?

Maybe you have not read all his answers on this topic, the necessity of being born from above, don't take my word for it, ask him or @Lizbet.
All I see is if you hate your brother then the love of God is not in you. Jesus was asked by one willing to justify himself by asking Jesus “who then is my brother?”
I see that as a loop hole of define brother. Like when Cain said about Abel “am I my brothers keeper?”

I don’t really know epi’s heart but it appears he suffers all the ridicule to help you all. Which should answer the saved part. I could be wrong and he just likes being criticized. But he could just forget you all and not assume you are worth the time.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely NOT inspired.

However, that doesn't meant that there isn't ANY truth in it.
Many thngs containe SOME truth - but that doesn't mean we sould adhere to them.

Do YOU think that any books outside of Scripture are inspired?
Blessings BreadOfLife! Thank you for your response. From the beginning of my journey I have always stayed inside of scripture. Now that I have journeyed this far, having suffered so much, that the words that flow through these lips are the same that are written within. Now to answer your question. If the book is placed in front of me, I would know weather it is inspired or not. The same gift, the gift of discernment of spirits discerns the enemy as well as The Lord. I do not take any credit for any of the gifts, for to me, the gifts are The Lord, (The Holy Spirit) for I know I am nothing, and He is all. It is rare, but on occasion I perceive The Holy Spirit speak through a few members in here. So if per chance you had a few writings from church History I would know weather they are inspired or not, as I go in The Spirit when The Spirit is present, weather in words on a paper, one who claims they are Christian, or when The Lord's Presence comes down. You have answered correctly about the koran, the angel that appeared in the cave was not the angel he claimed to be. When The Lord speaks, His words are perfect and flows like a river. And what He speaks comes to pass. And they are still coming to pass. I have also heard the devil speak, face to face, and yeh, there is some truth in his words, And I have learned from it. That was long ago when I was young in the faith. Now I take all of that to help others as The Lord see's fit. Thank you for the conversation, and have a Blessed day. Jesus is Lord!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--so why don't you turn the other cheek?
Not good enough for you?
Misapplying Scripture shows only one thing: your lack of understanding. Did Jesus or John the Baptizer or Paul or any of the apostles "turn the other cheek" when they were combating false doctrine? Read your Bible!

Here are Jesus words as recorded in Matthew 12:33-37, “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers! How can you speak good things when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person brings good things out of a good treasure, and the evil person brings evil things out of an evil treasure. I tell you, on the day of judgment you will have to give an account for every careless word you utter, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Would you have instructed Jesus to turn the other cheek? Was He not good enough for you?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask him-see for yourself how he will answer you on the necessity of the rebirth, born from above, of which he is in denial

Especially since he keeps touring in the Spirit and not the flesh.

How can he keep on "touring" and to where is he "touring" without being born from above?

Maybe you have not read all his answers on this topic, the necessity of being born from above, don't take my word for it, ask him or @Lizbet.
There is that which encourages “wake up!” “Be sober!” And Watch!”
And also that which encourages “be drunken” “do sleep” “don’t watch” …which is caught unaware?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I see is if you hate your brother then the love of God is not in you. Jesus was asked by one willing to justify himself by asking Jesus “who then is my brother?”
I see that as a loop hole of define brother. Like when Cain said about Abel “am I my brothers keeper?”

I don’t really know epi’s heart but it appears he suffers all the ridicule to help you all. Which should answer the saved part. I could be wrong and he just likes being criticized. But he could just forget you all and not assume you are worth the time.
Sister you are blind if you can't see how Epi treats those who disagree with him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen. My sacrifice is to God. (do all as unto the Lord). The crows are like the fowls of the air that come to desicrate that offering. Like Abraham and his sacrifice...he had to shoo the birds away. And yes, I am doing what I would want others to do for me. Maybe some truth will get through all the defense mechanisms that so many rely on as if THAT was the salvation rather than what is in the way of salvation.

I am comforted knowing that some believers here indeed operate in the inner man and are able to be encouraged in spite of all the nasty lies and slanders. Nobody said that saving people was going to be easy.

Bless you and continue to be strong in the Lord. :) <><

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister you are blind if you can't see how Epi treats those who disagree with him.
I see him speaking out about religious delusions. Is that wrong because people will quote Jesus being harsh and his speaking out about the same. Every time I can think of people saying Jesus had wrath too! I can’t deny there were times …and what it was over.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Blatant lies. Why don't you quote me? You understand nothing of what I say because you don't have any spiritual understanding. If I use the same ideas as the bible..without the quotations...you say that's not biblical...such is your indoctrination.

I am speaking so far above your head you would have to lay down to get a glimpse of it.

Being brainwashed into a "born-again and saved" scheme...without any experience of God whatsoever....just cherry-picking verses that make you feel good... is a counterfeit to the real thing.

Of course there would be no counterfeit if there was not a genuine born-again experience. But even the smallest experience of new birth gives a person an eternal perspective, however brief that might be. To see the deeper walk as "demonic" shows from whence your beliefs come from. There is no truth or reality in any of it.

You are taught that being born again is a "necessity" therefore you name it and claim it as if your life depended on it. But it is a fictional and contrived assumption.

One indeed needs to be born again to have spiritual faculties (like seeing) and to enter into the higher kingdom walk in the Spirit. The fact that you and others here HATE the idea of a higher walk shows that you have never been anywhere near the Spirit and truth.
still projecting as you are the one not having any evidence from the fruit of the spirit but plenty of evidence to the contrary- the deeds of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@VictoryinJesus This quote in my e-mail inbox won't link to your post and I haven't been able to find it so I'm just copying/pasting it:

I don’t see this in Paul’s sitting with one who was weak and without the knowledge of by the body of Christ you are free of the law of jealousies and the curse. Not this one was scared of the curse. It wasn’t that Paul may touch the weak one and become weak. Nor that Paul might touch one who is dead in Christ and become dead himself…but that that which was clean may touch what was unclean and the weak one become strong in the knowledge of Christ. Or that him who was dead in Christ be made alive in Christ. In this Paul served Christ not other gods…knowing other (lower case)gods are nothing. We read it…what can separate us from the love of Christ?
Romans 8:32-39 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? [33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. [34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also make intercession for us. [35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [36] As it is written, For you sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. [37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Christ touched the lepers. They didn’t make him unclean…He made them clean.

My response:

Sister, we don't appear to be understanding each other very well at all if you think I have been saying that we are not to help and care for the weak or that we are not to touch lepers or lost souls with the love of God. Please dont' believe Epi's accusations and twist on what people are saying here. That old testament law was only a picture of a spiritual truth...we are to touch not the unclean thing. We under the new covenant don't serve according to the letter but according to the spirit, so we don't have to obey that law in a literal way (letter). Even David - because he had faith and was a man after God's heart - must have understood the spiritual nature of what the Law was saying, since he disobeyed the letter of the law in eating the shewbread when the need arose (and wasn't punished for doing so by God). And I'm sure there would have been some others who likewise had faith even under the old covenant who were caring for lepers.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see him speaking out about religious delusions. Is that wrong because people will quote Jesus being harsh and his speaking out about the same. Every time I can think of people saying Jesus had wrath too! I can’t deny there were times …and what it was over.
How about applying that to those who are trying to correct his error and false gospel? You are being biased and blind.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are taught that being born again is a "necessity" therefore you name it and claim it as if your life depended on it. But it is a fictional and contrived assumption.
You are a opposer to what stand written, Perfect Tense-you go on whatever "experiences" you've had-and the only person "saved" on this platform-which gives you the absolute freedom to speak condescendingly and patronizing other born from above believers of Christ Jesus-you deny THEM the reality of their experience, the 2nd Aorist point and moment of their regeneration, calling THEM liars when you exalt yourself ABOVE the others-you are way out of your depth, a play-actor.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Epi is not my "brother" and there is a difference between reproving and hate--don't waste my time please.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus This quote in my e-mail inbox won't link to your post and I haven't been able to find it so I'm just copying/pasting it:

I don’t see this in Paul’s sitting with one who was weak and without the knowledge of by the body of Christ you are free of the law of jealousies and the curse. Not this one was scared of the curse. It wasn’t that Paul may touch the weak one and become weak. Nor that Paul might touch one who is dead in Christ and become dead himself…but that that which was clean may touch what was unclean and the weak one become strong in the knowledge of Christ. Or that him who was dead in Christ be made alive in Christ. In this Paul served Christ not other gods…knowing other (lower case)gods are nothing. We read it…what can separate us from the love of Christ?
Romans 8:32-39 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? [33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. [34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also make intercession for us. [35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [36] As it is written, For you sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. [37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Christ touched the lepers. They didn’t make him unclean…He made them clean.

My response:

Sister, we don't appear to be understanding each other very well at all if you think I have been saying that we are not to help and care for the weak or that we are not to touch lepers or lost souls with the love of God. Please dont' believe Epi's accusations and twist on what people are saying here. That old testament law was only a picture of a spiritual truth...we are to touch not the unclean thing. We under the new covenant don't serve according to the letter but according to the spirit, so we don't have to obey that law in a literal way (letter). Even David - because he had faith and was a man after God's heart - must have understood the spiritual nature of what the Law was saying, since he disobeyed the letter of the law in eating the shewbread when the need arose (and wasn't punished for doing so by God). And I'm sure there would have been some others who likewise had faith even under the old covenant who were caring for lepers.
Never assume you would not touch lepers or help the weak. I’ve always wondered what is weak? Like what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh God sent his own son in the likeness of sinful flesh to condemn sin in the flesh.
Romans 8:4-6 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

So who is weak and needs a brother to help him up…if not the one who is carnally minded and minding the things of the flesh? Which leads to death? To be plain when I would not assume you wouldn’t touch a leper. But I see Paul sitting with a brother who is weak and won’t eat because he (in weakness) fears a jealous God not by the body of Christ you have been freed from the law of jealousies made ALIVE unto God to bring forth fruit unto God. What Paul doesn’t touch is not the man but Paul doesn’t touch “if meat destroys my brother who is weak. Then I won’t eat, giving thanks unto God.” To me Paul completes the righteousness of the law right there.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are ignorant--

Rom_1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Abideth (μένει)
The present tense. As the believer hath life, so the unbeliever hath wrath abiding on him. He lives continually in an economy which is alienated from God, and which, in itself, must be habitually the subject of God's displeasure and indignation.

Eph_5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Col_3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Don't twist and pervert the scriptures by saying-"The wrath of God is no more--"

Reactions: Keturah and Lizbeth

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus described his brothers and father/god in John 8:39-44.
Joh 8:39 They answered and said to him: Abraham is our father. Jesus saith them: If you be the children of Abraham, do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now you seek to kill me, a man who have spoken the truth to you, which I have heard of God. This Abraham did not.
Joh 8:41 You do the works of your father. They said therefore to him: We are not born of fornication: we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus therefore said to them: If God were your Father, you would indeed love me. For from God I proceeded and came. For I came not of myself: but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do you not know my speech? Because you cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil: and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning: and he stood not in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.
Joh 8:45 But if I say the truth, you believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you shall convince me of sin? If I say the truth to you, why do you not believe me:
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth the words of God. Therefore you hear them not, because you are not of God.

This the portion?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is your brother. You just deny him as a brother.
any person who is a self appointed prophet accountable to no one, who denies the gospel, the resurrection, the Son of man, the Son of God, the necessity of the new birth, the sufficiency of Scripture, the fruit of the spirit, running away from questions about faith and another dozen things is not any believers brother in Christ.

hope this helps !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.