How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are claiming that for yourself by your beliefs. I wait on God...without the naming and claiming that makes you feel justified...in your own opinion.
There is no waiting on God apart from His Eternal word- the Scriptures. God speaks to us through His living and abiding word- the Bible.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I see many here advocating...

"If you only had religious beliefs the size of a mustard seed, you could say about this bible....it's all about ME (except the bad parts that actually apply to me). I claim all the promises that Jesus and Paul meant for others are now meant for me and people like me. "

I have not seen such beliefs, even among the Pharisees...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no waiting on God apart from His Eternal word- the Scriptures. God speaks to us through His living and abiding word- the Bible.
The bible is not a conjuring book that you have control over by your beliefs. You are using the bible as if it had a magic book applicability.

The bible speaks of the truth...a truth that will cut off those who misuse it to support the flesh.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When human philosophy/wisdom replaces Gods word which is perfect we see the heresies being promoted. Colossians 2:8- See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is not a conjuring book that you have control over by your beliefs. You are using the bible as if it had a magic book applicability.

The bible speaks of the truth...a truth that will cut off those who misuse it to support the flesh.
Its inspired by God and its living and active today and forever. Your flesh is your spirituality since you deny Scripture is for us today.

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are claiming that for yourself by your beliefs. I wait on God...without the naming and claiming that makes you feel justified...in your own opinion.
I am relying on God and his promise. I have been redeemed it does not say I may be redeemed.

So you do not know how your sins will be redeemed? Then your still dead in your sin. Don't consider yourself to be dead to sin, when you still dead in sin until your sins are remitted.

Good luck man! You will be waiting along time. Because God already paid your debt.. You just refuse to acknowledge it (repent)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it alive right now as in God is speaking directly to believers ? yes or no
This is what you are not understanding. The term believers can include "make-believers" as well as those who have the faith OF Christ by grace.

So it all depends on how you use the term. Do all who say Lord Lord...enter the kingdom? Are all who seek to enter into life through the door of Christ able to do so?

You have to see that this is meant to be understood at the right depth. You fully missed my analogy of a child playing make-believe with his cars. You're not helping yourself understand the gospel with your offhand remarks...and without really listening..

Reactions: faithfulness

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you are not understanding. The term believers can include "make-believers" as well as those who have the faith OF Christ by grace.

So it all depends on how you use the term. Do all who say Lord Lord...enter the kingdom? Do all who seek to enter into life through the door of Christ able to do so?

You have to see that this is meant to be understood at the right depth. You fully missed my analogy of a child playing make-believe with his cars. You're not helping yourself understand the gospel with your offhand remarks...and without really listening..
No. the term can not mean make believers. Those who are born again are those who TRUST God.. Not those who just say they believe.

We are saved by GRACE through belief. not mere mental agreement

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So it all depends on how you use the term. Do all who say Lord Lord...enter the kingdom? Do all who seek to enter into life through the door of Christ able to do so?

you dodged the question- Is Gods word alive today, does God speak directly to believers today through the living God- the Bible ? yes or no

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
you dodged the question- Is Gods word alive today, does God speak directly to believers today through the living God- the Bible ? yes or no
Sure. But what is equally true is that the devil can use the word of God to tempt people (including Jesus ) to worship him.

Do you see that? Yes or no?

And you dodged all my question..as usual. But answering my questions is the key to you understanding the depth of the gospel.

If you want to stay the way you are that's fine with me.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But what is equally true is that the devil can use the word of God to tempt people (including Jesus ) to worship him.

Do you see that? Yes or no?
No he doesn't use the word of God- he adds , subtracts from Gods word. Try reading the account in Genesis 3 and in Matthew 4. He deceives by twisting scripture.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I see many here advocating...

"If you only had religious beliefs the size of a mustard seed, you could say about this bible....it's all about ME (except the bad parts that actually apply to me). I claim all the promises that Jesus and Paul meant for others are now meant for me and people like me. "

I have not seen such beliefs, even among the Pharisees...
again deflecting

Your the one saying its all about you. No one else here is..

Status
Not open for further replies.