How are we to reckon ourselves as being dead to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually I believe it is more than just position, but it is our spirit/inner man that is seated in heavenly places. It's a bit of a mystery, if we can receive it, but remember Jesus mentioning that our "angels" (ie, our spirit man), do always behold the face of our Father in heaven.

We were born in Zion, of the Spirit, and are still there! in the inner man of our spirit. What a wonderful thing to contemplate, thank you Lord!
A warning here. This teaching is in support of the uncrucified outer man. Although many are called into the kingdom by a new spiritual birth...it is lies such as these that stop people from moving forward into kingdom life. VERY FEW will go to God to receive the full measure of grace at the throne of grace. Very FEW in our time will go to God to buy the eye salve that makes one see and the oil that makes for a shining light of testimony to the resurrection power of Christ.

Few are chosen...and in these perilous times...fewer still.

It's time to take God and His calling seriously...not pretending, not spiritualizing, not defending carnal interests.

The Great Delusion affects all who have no love for the truth. The truth sets us free. But indoctrination brings us into deeper bondage....so that our fate is WORSE than before.

Go to the cross.

Beware the crows who will come here to take away these words that can save people from a very bad end.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He’s clearly telling them they will witness those events, and the epistles confirm they did.
Yes they did, and so will the church in the end. Jesus as a prophet of Israel was prophesying and warning Israel of events shortly to come, but also speaking prophetically He was speaking at the same time things to warn the church at the end of this age. Voice of many waters...speaking more than one thing at the same time, so to speak, and always Truth. His word is more perfect than we know.

So.....have you run into anyone saying they are Christ, or enchristed ones....? Do not follow them.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A warning here. This teaching is in support of the uncrucified outer man. Although many are called into the kingdom by a new spiritual birth...it is lies such as these that stop people from moving forward into kingdom life. VERY FEW will go to God to receive the full measure of grace at the throne of grace. Very FEW in our time will go to God to buy the eye salve that makes one see and the oil that makes for a shining light of testimony to the resurrection power of Christ.

It's time to take God and His calling seriously...not pretending, not spiritualizing, not defending carnal interests.

The Great Delusion affects all who have no love for the truth. The truth sets us free. But indoctrination brings us into deeper bondage....so that our fate is WORSE than before.

Go to the cross.

Beware the crows who will come here to take away these words that can save people from a very bad end.
Not my words, but Jesus.

Reactions: Keturah and Johann

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is not a physical realm, but it's where God dwells, in the spiritual realm. Both within and without the child of God. In Him we live and move and have our being. (There is no time/space limitation with God.)
Well I’ll be,
The heavens declare the glory of God. He has set a tabernacle within them

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they did, and so will the church in the end. Jesus as a prophet of Israel was prophesying and warning Israel of events shortly to come, but also speaking prophetically He was speaking at the same time things to warn the church at the end of this age. Voice of many waters...speaking more than one thing at the same time, so to speak, and always Truth. His word is more perfect than we know.

So.....have you run into anyone saying they are Christ, or enchristed ones....? Do not follow them.
I don’t hold conversations with people who think they’re Jesus

Reactions: Episkopos

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in 2 cor. I think he is doing as many do. and telling people to examin themselves.

If your saved, you would show some light

If your not. This to would show. and then with this knowledge, you need to re-examine your position in Christ.

See I disagree. he doesn’t do as many do in saying empty words of “Examine yourself”. Just my opinion but many do it, or throw that out there, well just , “examine yourselves” to deflect. Instead he is giving them an opportunity. Totally different to me. Not deflecting but instead “called to Light”, “called heavenward”, “called upward”, “called out of darkness and into the Light”, “called up Higher”…because they asked for proof of Christ speaking in him, so Christ speaks.

To me it is significant who is calling whom there. That is why I asked you in that passage of “examine yourselves”: which does Christ speak in, and in which does He not? In which does Christ walk, walk in the Light…which does Christ not walk?

They are convince they are the ones doing the calling heavenward. They are saying “Brother, you walk in darkness.” “Reprobate” “as a liar” “as one who corrupts the word of God” …we, full of pride, are here to correct you. they don’t come right out and say all those things, but that is what it amounts to in my opinion.

They are convinced they walk in the Light (sometimes). Yet they call him who is speaking in Paul, walking in Paul; they call Him a liar, corrupt, a reprobate and as one walking in darkness … “a reprobate” sums it up. Does it sound familiar?

Not as many do, instead of deflecting… he says okay since I appear to you as walking in darkness…and you as those walking in the Light (sometimes)then; do what is perfect and right. What does God do to reprobates and the ungrateful? since you walk in the Light, here is your opportunity, your call to come up higher: if you love only those who love you, then what more do you do? To me, that says a lot about God …where God doesn’t only love those who love Him. Nor not only to the grateful.

To be honest it was encouraging and refreshing the other day in responding back to you to see the connection to “as liars yet true” or “as deceivers yet true” or “as poor but making many rich”

2 Corinthians 6:7-11 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

Because to me that is what is happening in “examine yourselves”
It isn’t that Paul is as a liar, poor, having nothing…or that is he saying he IS a reprobate…they are saying he appears unto them as being such.
But in the whole opportunity in “examine yourselves” Paul’s desire, his Hope in Christ (Spirit) speaking in Him as “well-known”, “true” “possessing all things” “making many rich”

You said: “I do not see what you see in Matt 6. He speak so flight in matt 6 is that what you were talking about?”

Since they want proof that Christ speaks in him…since it is Christ (Spirit)who speaks in him…then I just pulled out a few that I’m suggesting I can hear Christ telling them. (Once again, not from earth but this time from heaven.
Matthew 6:12-15 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. [14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: [15] But if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

LOVE with their claiming “Paul you appear to us as a reprobate” Matthew 6:18 That you appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which sees in secret, shall reward thee openly.
“I pray you will see we are NOT reprobate”

matt 5 is Jesus rebuking the jewish pharisees and religions, saying you think you keep the law. Well let me show you.. The law says this,, but I tell you that. If you love just those who love you. What good is that. even the heathen do that. etc etc..
(Imo) he is telling them you come no where near touching the Law, which is Spirit.
When he says be perfect. He is showing them what is required. If you think you are good because you claim to keep the law. Well here is Gods requirement, Be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect..
Again, (Imo) he is telling them you come no where near touching the Law, which is Spirit. “Christ in you”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See I disagree. he doesn’t do as many do in saying empty words of “Examine yourself”. Just my opinion but many do it, or throw that out there, well just , “examine yourselves” to deflect. Instead he is giving them an opportunity. Totally different to me. Not deflecting but instead “called to Light”, “called heavenward”, “called upward”, “called out of darkness and into the Light”, “called up Higher”…because they asked for proof of Christ speaking in him, so Christ speaks.

To me it is significant who is calling whom there. That is why I asked you in that passage of “examine yourselves”: which does Christ speak in, and in which does He not? In which does Christ walk, walk in the Light…which does Christ not walk?

They are convince they are the ones doing the calling heavenward. They are saying “Brother, you walk in darkness.” “Reprobate” “as a liar” “as one who corrupts the word of God” …we, full of pride, are here to correct you. they don’t come right out and say all those things, but that is what it amounts to in my opinion.

They are convinced they walk in the Light (sometimes). Yet they call him who is speaking in Paul, walking in Paul; they call Him a liar, corrupt, a reprobate and as one walking in darkness … “a reprobate” sums it up. Does it sound familiar?

Not as many do, instead of deflecting… he says okay since I appear to you as walking in darkness…and you as those walking in the Light (sometimes)then; do what is perfect and right. What does God do to reprobates and the ungrateful? since you walk in the Light, here is your opportunity, your call to come up higher: if you love only those who love you, then what more do you do? To me, that says a lot about God …where God doesn’t only love those who love Him. Nor not only to the grateful.

To be honest it was encouraging and refreshing the other day in responding back to you to see the connection to “as liars yet true” or “as deceivers yet true” or “as poor but making many rich”

2 Corinthians 6:7-11 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

Because to me that is what is happening in “examine yourselves”
It isn’t that Paul is as a liar, poor, having nothing…or that is he saying he IS a reprobate…they are saying he appears unto them as being such.
But in the whole opportunity in “examine yourselves” Paul’s desire, his Hope in Christ (Spirit) speaking in Him as “well-known”, “true” “possessing all things” “making many rich”

You said: “I do not see what you see in Matt 6. He speak so flight in matt 6 is that what you were talking about?”

Since they want proof that Christ speaks in him…since it is Christ (Spirit)who speaks in him…then I just pulled out a few that I’m suggesting I can hear Christ telling them. (Once again, not from earth but this time from heaven.
Matthew 6:12-15 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. [14] For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: [15] But if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

LOVE with their claiming “Paul you appear to us as a reprobate” Matthew 6:18 That you appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which sees in secret, shall reward thee openly.
“I pray you will see we are NOT reprobate”

(Imo) he is telling them you come no where near touching the Law, which is Spirit.

Again, (Imo) he is telling them you come no where near touching the Law, which is Spirit. “Christ in you”
1 Corinthians 4:21 What will you? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

Personally I don’t want Christ to come unto me with a rod, but in love and in the spirit of meekness.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Be encouraged in the glorious Lord .
Thank you amigo--

1Sa_30:6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

2Ch_35:2 And he set the priests in their charges, and encouraged them to the service of the house of the LORD,

1Th_5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up—just as you in fact are doing.

1) "Wherefore comfort yourselves together" (dio parakaleite allelous)
"therefore comfort ye one another"; in the fellowship, the church together, in life’s trials', and Christian burdens, 2Co_1:4; Heb_6:18-19.

2)
"And edify one another" (kai oikodomeite eis hon hena) "and edify ye one (the) other"; uphold, or build up, encourage one another in the church, in the labors of the Lord, and in Christian virtues; This was a yearning Paul had for churches and brethren wherever he labored; He desired to see their growth in Christ, Rom_14:19; Rom_15:1-3.

3) "Even as also ye do" (kathos kai poieite) "Just as indeed ye do"; or even as you (now) do--
just keep on keeping on helping each other, he seemed to say, Rom_15:4-7, Jas_1:22; Joh_13:17. The Greek term (oikodomeite) refers to the support, prayers, guidance, and help that members of the church may receive from love and fellowship in the church, not found outside the Church, Joh_13:34-35; Eph_3:21.
Paul acknowledged, with tact and discreet courtesy, that the brethren had already been helping each other in growth in Christian virtues, yet he desired such to continue and increase, 1Th_4:1; 1Th_4:10.

--and so I find you as an encourager to me, at least--for my growth in Christ, rightly dividing the Scriptures [hopefully]

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You can’t call anything out as false prophets have no authority. They are their own authority which is why you never answer a direct question about the Bible or comment on a single scripture I post because you are incapable of refuting the truth from the scriptures I post.
Circular reasoning from him, and will not stand in any debate--since there are rules in a open debate.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Go to the cross.

Blessings John. When I first arrived to these forums you had a thread, I think it was called The parable of The Sower. And you had a teaching on it. And you were explaining the meaning of the parable as you understood it. As I was reading it, The Lord said, "put My words, word for word as I explained the meaning of the parable." So I did. And then I waited to see what would happen. Only one member came by and liked the post. Did you not like the post. Did you not like Jesus's own words. You are calling people crows here. In doing so you are saying that it is you that is sowing seed(as in the parable) and that they are the crows or the enemy. Do you not know how dangerous this is?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
yes as we see he is unable to defend his beliefs with scripture.
Absolutely,--quoting Scriptures is not for him, and those [rarely] quotes is usually out of context, I don't want to belittle anyone, but there is a lack of reading comprehension or worse--and I thought I was bad.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Blessings John. When I first arrived to these forums you had a thread, I think it was called The parable of The Sower. And you had a teaching on it. And you were explaining the meaning of the parable as you understood it. As I was reading it, The Lord said, "put My words, word for word as I explained the meaning of the parable." So I did. And then I waited to see what would happen. Only one member came by and liked the post. Did you not like the post. Did you not like Jesus's own words. You are calling people crows here. In doing so you are saying that it is you that is sowing seed(as in the parable) and that they are the crows or the enemy. Do you not know how dangerous this is?
Well said and there are serious consequences.
J.

Status
Not open for further replies.